eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Hey, has anyone here received a shirt from Springleap? I prefer MM from AA; is the Springleap MM comparable? From their sizing chart, I don't think they measure the same way as AA. When I measured the width on an AA shirt, I found it to be about 49 cm across, which would be Springleap's MS.

Any first-hand experience? Am I just terribly inadequate with a ruler?

Thanks, anyone.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

Bump?

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

just so this isnt a lonely thread forever, i have no idea E cause i havent ordered any there. sorry l.o.l

eHalcyon

peppersagooddog wrote:just so this isnt a lonely thread forever, i have no idea E cause i havent ordered any there. sorry l.o.l

Thanks for the reply anyway. You rock.

eHalcyon

Well, just in case anyone else is curious, geekfactor12 informed me that the Springleap shirts are about the same as AA. They're a little wider in the body, but not enough to be noticed.

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
eHalcyon wrote:Well, just in case anyone else is curious, geekfactor12 informed me that the Springleap shirts are about the same as AA. They're a little wider in the body, but not enough to be noticed.

How did she inform you? Telepathy?

eHalcyon

theghotiman wrote:How did she inform you? Telepathy?

Since Robbie had Summer-Ai printed there previously and it's his shirt (BADminton) I want to buy, I PM'd him in case he didn't see this thread. He referred me to MJ since he hasn't received one from them yet. I PM'd her and she replied.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Sizes aside, my "buyer beware" for Springleap is simple: don't expect your shirts to come in any sort of reasonable timeframe.

Springleap got really bogged down in orders early on, and are still very much feeling the effects of it. As such, right now I personally can't recommend putting an order through, unless you're going for a shirt from August or earlier (and even some of those seem to be not quite in sock yet). On the plus side, I went through their product pics recently, and a lot of shirts I thought looked completely amateur before look really perfectly printed. Whoever they're using for prints knows what they're doing, and can even make some trash ideas look swank. But you are simply not going to get your shirt in on any timeframe. If you accept this, go order, and if you luck out on a quick shipment, be grateful for your luck.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
AdderXYU wrote:Sizes aside, my "buyer beware" for Springleap is simple: don't expect your shirts to come in any sort of reasonable timeframe.

Springleap got really bogged down in orders early on, and are still very much feeling the effects of it. As such, right now I personally can't recommend putting an order through, unless you're going for a shirt from August or earlier (and even some of those seem to be not quite in sock yet). On the plus side, I went through their product pics recently, and a lot of shirts I thought looked completely amateur before look really perfectly printed. Whoever they're using for prints knows what they're doing, and can even make some trash ideas look swank. But you are simply not going to get your shirt in on any timeframe. If you accept this, go order, and if you luck out on a quick shipment, be grateful for your luck.

Seriously Adder, you're like an endless well of information. It's pretty impressive.

Now if only someone could tame that wild, wild heart of yours. ;)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
AdderXYU wrote:Sizes aside, my "buyer beware" for Springleap is simple: don't expect your shirts to come in any sort of reasonable timeframe.

They told me that they're starting printing with the January 1st winning design (that one's mine, so that's why they told me) and prioritizing ones that come after that while they slowly start printing the ones from last year mixed in with the new ones. They actually just finished getting "Someday I Will Rock" printed this week and next should be "Sacred Wild" followed by the speedtrap one and then Robbie's. (Unless they lie to me!)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
BootsBoots wrote:They told me that they're starting printing with the January 1st winning design (that one's mine, so that's why they told me) and prioritizing ones that come after that while they slowly start printing the ones from last year mixed in with the new ones. They actually just finished getting "Someday I Will Rock" printed this week and next should be "Sacred Wild" followed by the speedtrap one and then Robbie's. (Unless they lie to me!)

This is the info I got too. Possibly from you?

Regardless, I have every reason to expect great things from Springleap, and every reason to expect their product to get to me. I'm not really impatient when it comes to such things, but two months will make anyone a little fidgety, even if the shirt IS coming from South Africa. They're definitely on the right track, too... The single-biweekly-print idea is going to do wonders for their productivity compared to the old "top 10-20 for the month all print" model... with only four shirts to worry about so far in '09, it means once they catch up on '08s backlog, they should run quite smoothly. It also means more chance at better quality shirts, and better quality shirts means more sales, and more sales means a quicker recovery time for any profits or press lost through their start-up bumps. Still, though, I'm not planning on talking them up through my blog until I've got my tee, just to be on the safe side, and I'd feel remiss if I didn't warn about the possibly interminable shipping times.

Also, thanks Marzi for the compliment. But my heart is not on the market for taming. Not that anyone got to it first, but more that I don't have one.

BootsBoots

AdderXYU wrote:This is the info I got too. Possibly from you?

Probably from me. I am a wealth of information. Come forth and drink from my spring. Er... ok nevermind. That was just weird of me to say.

eHalcyon

I don't mind putting my order through now and waiting. I waited a long time for Khameleon to get printed on Cameesa.

So the currency they use, with the R in front - is that the South African Rand (ZAR)? It seems the likely suspect but I haven't found a clear answer.

BootsBoots

eHalcyon wrote:I don't mind putting my order through now and waiting. I waited a long time for Khameleon to get printed on Cameesa.

So the currency they use, with the R in front - is that the South African Rand (ZAR)? It seems the likely suspect but I haven't found a clear answer.

Yep. That's it.