Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho

"For one small moment, the fate of the entire planet hung by a single thread."

Uh... wouldn't that be TWO threads?

Congrats, Boots. Well deserved. Now where did I put that donut.....

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns
Irrelevant wrote:as a wisconsinite, i resemble that remark...

Well as a Minnesoten I say Ya sure you betcha

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

Wow, congratulations Boots! I'm glad this made second place.

If I can be honest, I don't think the coloring on this one is as good as the ones you normally do (I mean that as a compliment to your body of work) but I enjoy the Dr. Seuss-esque style.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Irrelevant wrote:sadly, it only reminds me that at some point in the future there will be some sort of anti-bootsboots movement that will happen here when the masses or some new group of wooters join and decide you win too often.

let's hope that day is a long, long ways away.

I second this! I think the difference is that other artists tend to overuse the same old formulas or 'borrow' ideas from pop culture. Boots on the other hand is totally original and has a wonderful style. Maybe not everyone will appreciate it, but you can't argue there's no talent. I too hope BootsBoots stays controversy free and enjoys more success!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

yay, Boots!

congrats on the printing, Boots.

this will go very nicely with my Explanation shirt I got yesterday, and of course Choice. Let's make this a regular thing now!

w00t!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Irrelevant wrote:congratulations on another print jamie...you seem to be on fire here lately.

sadly, it only reminds me that at some point in the future there will be some sort of anti-bootsboots movement that will happen here when the masses or some new group of wooters join and decide you win too often.

let's hope that day is a long, long ways away.

in the meantime: celebrate, enjoy your $$, and keep making awesome art for us to enjoy.

I just don't see that happening. Boots is a true original.

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
heartluce wrote:I just don't see that happening. Boots is a true original.

She knows as well as anyone that I hope it never happens, however, it appears that different styles and movements come and go here eventually. i'm sure she'll be fine here long term, and never outcast, but just like her following grew over a long period of time and is now finally in payout mode, at some point and time months from now another fresh, new artist will start growing a fan base, over a long period of time, and will eventually hit payout mode and take over. it won't necessarily be a revolt against boots, but, like all art movements, once "fresh, new, and interesting" becomes the norm, it's consistency causes it to lose excitement. And there's always something lurking around the corner to replace it. It'll just be sad when it happens to her art.

I guess I just want boots to really enjoy her victories; she certainly deserves them.

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

Congrats boots! :D I love the character design on these guys. Fantasmarastic I say!

gypsy101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gypsy101

I'm not sure if I would wear this, but I do think it's an interesting design.

Congrats, Boots.

Icemann112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Icemann112

Where did the fish get the donut?

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull
Josephus wrote:The manthing is a homeotherm, unlike the poikilothermic fish, so his feet are probably in intense pain as his blood tries to keep them warm. It is a losing battle for his feet, but the heart will keep pushing the blood out there anyway.

Actually the fish are possibly ectotherms, perhaps even endotherms.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hee hee hee! This is sooo demented! It's like the fish are out of the nightmare of the dude who came up with the Blue Meanies and Yellow Submarine characters. Good job!

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

My version of a lot of other people's bits:

"Soon after this, the fisherman was helped to a nearby Army hospital by some friendly Esqimaux who had been awakened by his screaming and were now shuddering in time with his violent shivering. At the hospital, it was found that the legs up to the knees were not merely frostbitten, but that they were totally frozen. Worse yet, the interface between almost-healthy skin and the frozen part had already begun to show the gassy, violently nasty odor of gangrene. Amputations were duly ordered and the order carried out.

But that wasn't the end of it. One of his arms went next, then his eyes, and finally his ears. He was left alone, an impossible invalid, hidden from view in some filthy Army hospital. Eventually, he found that he could tap Morse Code against the railing of his bed, obtaining the help of a concerned nurse.

Years later, a heavy-metal group immortalized this terrible episode in this ghastly period in the nation's history and made a lot of bucks doing so.

Eventually, someone sold a T-Shirt that was based on a totally debased version of the story and made some money doing so and went the next week, laughing all the way to the bank.

But the Army had learned its lesson: Leave The Fish To The Navy!!!"

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

Congrats, Boots! Again, I loved the stacked fish. Definitely one of your better ones.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

F'ing sweet! This derby is definitely giving me hope!

Congrats Jamie!

kilomag2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kilomag2

The person on the shirt kinda looks like the creator of wootalyzer. lol

ChokingOutTheRadio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChokingOutTheRadio

Wait, so not only are the moderators now combing every comment for something that might offend, but now they're deciding what constitues a "quality post" and what doesn't? Man, woot just created the dream job for anyone with OCD and a god complex. Nice design btw.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001

that big fish at the bottom reminds me of that one fish in the movie 'phantom menace' with some sort of a light bulb dangling in front of him chasing after obi wan and qui gon under the waters of naboo ...oh! geek alert!!!

gone!

Jestik

anyone else reminded of Dave Matthews Band's "Big Eyed Fish" ??

zozzles

ChokingOutTheRadio wrote:Wait, so not only are the moderators now combing every comment for something that might offend, but now they're deciding what constitutes a "quality post" and what doesn't?

Do they not need to prove the continued usefulness of their existence in as many ways as possible? It is like Congress. They are in the business of making laws and so that is what they do - whether the laws are required (or worthwhile) or not. For that matter, how about software upgrades? You can't just hire and fire (well, these days I suppose you could) people at whim depending on your needs.

Of course, there are the shirt.woots that simply don't HAVE anything to censor and they'd do anything to relieve the boredom.

The next step up would be a pointer from the "quality post" text to the posts that were considered good (and possibly why they were so judged.) I have four, apparently, don't know how I got them, don't know which ones they were and the mystery is quite gripping!

zozzles

"to the fog" means what, please?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Wow. I was really surprised to see this today. Yay!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

Congrats Boots2x!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Yay Boots!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

I love how the person strongly resembles the donut.

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

BootsBoots, another strong entry and a well deserved 2nd place showing. Talented and always well spoken in your posts, as well as well spoken of, not to mention also humble. You are quite the individual, congratulations on your design.

EpicJC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EpicJC

Great design, too bad baby blue isn't exactly my favorite color though.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Congrats, BootsBoots!!

Jestik

BootsBoots wrote:Wow. I was really surprised to see this today. Yay!

yeah, This is NOT Stinks !!!

laplacian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laplacian

Great design! In for one. Cheers!

zenbifocals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zenbifocals
BootsBoots wrote:Wow. I was really surprised to see this today. Yay!

The heck with the other woots
This one won with its cutes
I'll clean out my closet
And there I'll deposit
My collection of designs by Boots!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Hah! And you were worried about this printing. Congrats, Dos Boot!

Jestik

zenbifocals wrote:The heck with the other woots
This one won with its cutes
I'll clean out my closet
And there I'll deposit
My collection of designs by Boots!

Jestik says: Quality Post by zenbifocals !

magicalchuchutrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magicalchuchutrain
Jestik wrote:Jestik says: Quality Post by zenbifocals !

I second the motion :D

Love the little poem (and the shirt)

Congrats

Jinoda

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jinoda

I really like this shirt design, well done BootsBoots.

dolphin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphin76

Last wooter to woot: dolphin76

So excited to see this this morning--wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. Been rooting for it all week! Congrats on 2nd, Boots! In for 2.

w: 10 w.w: 15 s.w: 60 so.w: 3 k.w: 7

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Congrats on the win, Bootstimestwo. You don't get recognized here in print form often enough.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Many congrats, Boots!

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Icemann112 wrote:Where did the fish get the donut?

Duh, Tim Horton's.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

Congrats to the boots, you are a shining beacon of good design in a sea of blech