ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

Been wantin' a black Shirt.Woot for a while, GITD sealed the deal. Pretty sweet design and I couldn't resist. First shirt since January '08 but it looks like it was worth the wait.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

got one. gotta support a fellow Bostonian

that was fun while it lasted!

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK

"The breadsticks need marinara! IT GLOWS" - I like this. However, I don't think I could wear this while I play my nightly kick the can games because it would totally give me away! Unless I hid in a tree. Then it would be some spectacular camouflage. Hm, I'll have to think on it.

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
JadenKale wrote:First glow shirt was:

Lightning Bugs

Second glow shirt was:

Ghosties

This would be the third GITD shirt at Woot

Except the first one was made with lameglow

azsteved

quality posts: 8 Private Messages azsteved

Bikini Girls with Machine Guns

(Stay Sick)

I'm wearing my wighat!

jpac22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpac22
D3lusional wrote:Haha. This would make a great poster, but I wouldn't wear it on a shirt.

agreed... it should be may for the crappy calendar covers.

WHY DID WOOT SELLOUT TO THE MAN!

Swaggered85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swaggered85
JadenKale wrote:First glow shirt was:

Lightning Bugs

Second glow shirt was:

Ghosties

This would be the third GITD shirt at Woot

What about

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
JadenKale wrote:Can I colour you pink? ;)

Just don't Color Me Badd

Swaggered85 wrote:What about

Preeeeeetty sure that didn't glow. But thanks for playing.

darthfluffy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthfluffy

I just bought one...first shirt woot ever! Just too awesome to pass up...this shirt describes exactly how I feel about constellations!

http://shirtwoot.blogspot.com/
Woots: 6
Sellout Woots: 3
Shirt Woots: 1

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

that's not real glow, hon... sorry to break it to you.

gypsy101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gypsy101

The Ghosties shirt glowed well, so hopefully this will too. I like it...it made me laugh.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

some one looks like they are in a firing squad.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

So if I wear this shirt inside out, when I take it off will I glow?

turtle1776

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtle1776

I really want this design, but I don't want any more black shirts.
The poster idea would be awesome, though.

jdlightguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdlightguy
tortureman wrote:now when my roommate complains about not being able to see the stars in Los Angeles, I will hover over him in the middle of the night wearing this shirt...

That's creepy...

r4diant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages r4diant

Blah blah blah... constellations... blah blah blah... it also glows in the dark... SOLD!

dselig

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig

i know the constellations aren't real (what kind of name is virgo for a constellation?? lol), but is the star map real?

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

VeronicaBeats

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats

hmmm, you're cute.
I like the vivid green walls.
I like your walls, i bet they taste like Limeberry.
Do the you're walls glow in the dark?

Ps: you're shirt is "Glow in the Light"

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
ChefRAZ wrote:some one looks like they are in a firing squad.

Not really. If he was in a firing squad, wouldn't he have a rifle or something to fire with?

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
prateeko wrote:So if I wear this shirt inside out, when I take it off will I glow?

Woot ONLY uses the best radioactive inks for your best chances of glowing all night long. Great for playing games in bed. XD

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
dselig wrote:i know the constellations aren't real (what kind of name is virgo for a constellation?? lol), but is the star map real?

I have to believe you're joking, or I'll cry.

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

last glow in the dark i bought here did not glow at all. but i am still tempted to buy this

LessThanDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LessThanDan

Was VERY surprised to see my state on a woot shirt. I'm not into black shirts, but this one strangely is VERY tempting.. Just because of glow-in-the-dark utah randomness.

Hell. In for one.

Daniel Hagen

dselig

mihalis aya wrote:I have to believe you're joking, or I'll cry.

the virgo part, yes, but the star map was a real question

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

Call me stupid. But can someone clue me in on the subtle joke with the gemini and virgo shapes across the top. I'm not seeing the joke for those constellations but then again I haven't slept in a fortnight.

crzmnky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crzmnky

I broke down and bought one. Hopefully I can scare some roommates at night with it when I'm letting the dog out.

...If they fell asleep on the couch that is.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

HIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiii! Miss you!

...and lawl at the design. SO AWESOME after taking 2 astronomy classes, which was 2 too many.

After looking through Glander's gallery I would also like his fork and his paisley paramecium shirt.

Iambiohazard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambiohazard

In for two, I am good friends with my old astronomy teacher and he will love this!

Bumblebee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bumblebee

I actually was wondering the same thing--did they use a real star map for the base, then draw their own constellations on it?

For me, that'd take it from an "ah, sorta funny concept" shirt to a superbly executed geek joke.

Being the real star map would increase the geek quotient enough to take it past the dork side, into the awesome.

-B.

CorwinShiu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CorwinShiu
dselig wrote:i know the constellations aren't real (what kind of name is virgo for a constellation?? lol), but is the star map real?

Um.. Constellations are just regions in space that we name. It's like calling the area above the US Canada.

We name them using latin (virgo means virgin in English). If you are wondering why you never see what you actually see in the constellations, its because constellations are not named on how they look. Its like saying Washington state looks like George Washington.

spitfire8898

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spitfire8898
BensonM wrote:Not really. If he was in a firing squad, wouldn't he have a rifle or something to fire with?

I think they meant he looks like he was on the WRONG end of the squad...atleast that's how he's look with a blindfold and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth!

thesnailrocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesnailrocks

I have a serious addiction to shirt.woot. I have only been at this since my first randoms at the end of Feb and I already own 11 (not that I have received them with lack-of-inteli-post). One of the ones I got was Ghosties. It really does glow in the dark well. My mom in the old peoples' place loved it! Had to get this one.

first mate

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth
kcmark wrote:Call me stupid. But can someone clue me in on the subtle joke with the gemini and virgo shapes across the top. I'm not seeing the joke for those constellations but then again I haven't slept in a fortnight.

first row are real, then row by row they get more ridiculous.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

OK, gemini actually kind of looks like the real constellation but leo and virgo aren't even close. So am I wrongly imputing a phallic-esque 3-panel theme across the top, or is there some more cerebral joke I'm missing. I love the rest of the constellations. Nice to see some well-executed humor instead of all these artsy-fartsy line drawings.

dselig

I find it funny I bought a stars shirt while wearing a (dallas) Stars jersey while watching Star Wars

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
Kaliam wrote:I'd buy one if I could actually see myself wearing it

But you CAN see yourself wearing it, even in the dark!

Tempting.

lwitthoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwitthoft

haha that's cute

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
fablefire wrote:HIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiii! Miss you!

...and lawl at the design. SO AWESOME after taking 2 astronomy classes, which was 2 too many.

After looking through Glander's gallery I would also like his fork and his paisley paramecium shirt.

He's got a good handful of epics (the sea battle would be a definite buy... the knocking bananas maybe less so, but it still highly amused me)

As for Paisley Para, it's over at Threadless. Sold out, sadly, But now's as good a time as any to head on over and request a reprint.

zbusterzsabre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbusterzsabre

bah. The glow in the dark makes me really want to buy one but I bought yesterday's already.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
fablefire wrote:HIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiii! Miss you!

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! Miss you, too! I have considered, sometimes, doing the derby again. I'm working 3rd shift, though (makes it easy to check woot!), and it makes it super hard to draw at any point in time that gets my "art" done before it's too late.