VeronicaBeats

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats
dselig wrote:I find it funny I bought a stars shirt while wearing a (dallas) Stars jersey while watching Star Wars

For real?

This might be the foreshadowing of your death...

Dont watch "Dancing with the Star" that show will surely bring you to your demise.

Go Flyers!

cabbit56

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabbit56

oooooh constellations! glow in the dark is a plus~ but I don't get the Sagittarius one, would someone tell me what the joke is?

buffcyclist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buffcyclist

well, being an astrophysics student, I figure this shirt will at least get me a few extra credit points in my classes...ha!

Though I did get 2 co-workers on campus to purchase one with me. At least this way I won't be the only nerd with one. :D

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

This looks to be selling well, so I probably don't have til morning to decide- I'll just get one now because I know I'll regret it later if I don't >D

dselig

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig
VeronicaBeats wrote:For real?

This might be the foreshadowing of your death...

Dont watch "Dancing with the Star" that show will surely bring you to your demise.

Go Flyers!

what about the family guy star wars?

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK

I think this shirt might give me away when I play kick the can...

shamblingcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamblingcat

Hmmmm. Sales in Utah seem to be unusually high...

fatdogreggie1

quality posts: 13 Private Messages fatdogreggie1

Typical Utah. The universe always revolves around them. Or at least they think it does. At least it glows in the dark. Is this the first shirt offered that uses the glow in the dark ink??

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

I'm glad Woot thought "Pterodactyl With A Machine Gun" is as awesome as I did. Read the shirt before the title and had a laugh.

Great design!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
shamblingcat wrote:Hmmmm. Sales in Utah seem to be unusually high...

not really when you consider Utah is on the shirt XD

Cycospaz2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Cycospaz2

If only Galileo could be alive to see this shirt...

pianolin717

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717
Cycospaz2 wrote:If only Galileo could be alive to see this shirt...

Galileo? How about if Brigham Young was around, I am sure he would love it!

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Cute design. Not really into black shirts... nor radioactive ink situated over my vital organs, so I'll pass.

SixPieces

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SixPieces
pianolin717 wrote:Galileo? How about if Brigham Young was around, I am sure he would love it!

I was waiting for the Mormon joke. Count it!

dfriedenbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfriedenbach

Good lord, I think woot is staging a hostile takeover of my wardrobe... in for one!

PS: just read the description and I love the literary references they used for wear/don't wear. XD

thomusvoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomusvoo

in on 1

JadenKale

fatdogreggie1 wrote:Typical Utah. The universe always revolves around them. Or at least they think it does. At least it glows in the dark. Is this the first shirt offered that uses the glow in the dark ink??

read here on the 1st page

Psychomax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Psychomax

this is freaking great, I laughed so hard. In on 1.

protoclown2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages protoclown2k

As an astronomy geek, I just can't pass this up!

zoomair766

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zoomair766

I want one, but I'm going to sleep. If it's there when I wake up it was meant to be. Otherwise, oh well. Woot is taking my money lately.

swissmr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages swissmr

In for one. Its funny and shows my ignorance about something I dont care about.
My sixth shirt...first black. actually first non creme or asphalt.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple

Ah yes, the constellations that never made it to the big time...

jchab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchab

Words cannot express just how awesome I think this shirt is. I'm majoring astronomy, and if all goes well, I should have this in time for my astronomy lab class outside (at night!) on thursday. I definitely bought it.

JadenKale

jchab wrote:Words cannot express just how awesome I think this shirt is. I'm majoring astronomy, and if all goes well, I should have this in time for my astronomy lab class outside (at night!) on thursday. I definitely bought it.

I hope you tacked on the $5 shipping... otherwise you won't have it for nearly 2 wks.

Shenorock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shenorock

Orion's socks look a lot more like pants

MiKEYxCORE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiKEYxCORE

I love Astronomy. I love Glow-In-The-Dark stuff. I love the sense of humor.

But, as previously mentioned, I'm just not feeling it as a t-shirt design. Hilarious poster? Yes. But shirt? Idk. Plus, the serif font rather bugs me. I imagine with the size I wear that the text would be really tiny (the serifs not helping anyone there), and thus much of the joke would be lost unless people got up close and personal with my torso.

Not that I would complain about that, really.

:< I'm so torn. Currently the cons outweigh the pros, so if it's still around by tomorrow morning/afternoon/whenever, I'll get it. Perhaps my procrastination will save me $10.

EDIT: it did. Yay money~

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam
cabbit56 wrote:oooooh constellations! glow in the dark is a plus~ but I don't get the Sagittarius one, would someone tell me what the joke is?

In Greek mythology, Chiron was an intelligent and friendly Centaur and one of Hercules' mentors. One day Hercules got in a disagreement with some other centaurs, and settled the matter by killing them. Chiron was standing some distance away, and Hercules did not recognize him and accidentally shot him with a poison arrow. Chiron was honored by the Olympians as the constellation Sagittarius. So, apparently in this celestial sequel, Chiron is going to hunt down Hercules.

VeronicaBeats

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats
dselig wrote:what about the family guy star wars?

Family Guy Star Wars will only laem you,it wont kill you.

But BattleStar Galactica will gill you,but then raise you from the dead like Starbuck aka(Kera Thrace)

I tells ya, if there were a battlestar woot shirt, i would be all over that!
3x over! + $5 Dolla shipping!

rinzor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rinzor

In retrospect, I think they should have put more glow in the dark stars on than white dots. That way in the dark you see more stars, just as in the night sky!

nick210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nick210

i just ordered one. I wish it came out earlier since i have my astronomy lab tomorrow night. I will just have to wait till next tuesday to wear.

JadenKale

VeronicaBeats wrote:Family Guy Star Wars will only laem you,it wont kill you.

But BattleStar Galactica will gill you,but then raise you from the dead like Starbuck aka(Kera Thrace)

I tells ya, if there were a battlestar woot shirt, i would be all over that!
3x over! + $5 Dolla shipping!

Okay... that makes 3 shirts they'd sell. I don't think anyone else would buy one here.

JadenKale

rinzor wrote:In retrospect, I think they should have put more glow in the dark stars on than white dots. That way in the dark you see more stars, just as in the night sky!

The point is to show the constellations. That would be more difficult to see, if there were extra stars glowing. Even if it would be more like the night sky.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

DANG ! sold out already...

JadenKale

ChefRAZ wrote:DANG ! sold out already...

I see you've been lickin' toads again.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
ChefRAZ wrote:DANG ! sold out already...

You scared me! I was pondering whether I wanted to buy or not, and I thought the decision had been made for me.

Edit: Oooh, my next purchase earns me a black box. Sweet!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:I see you've been lickin' toads again.

yup , I can't get behind a shirt that doesn't have Pisces on it. birthday in t-minus 8 days.P

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

But this shirt DOES emit low-level radiation! Light is a form of radiation! Or maybe they fixed the lameglow so well that it emits high-level radiation, in which case I'm in for three! Woot! :-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

JadenKale

ChefRAZ wrote:yup , I can't get behind a shirt that doesn't have Pisces on it. birthday in t-minus 8 days.P

My birthday was the 4th... I have no problem with a constellation shirt not having my sign on there. You can't see every constellation all year 'round except for a small few.

virulentloser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virulentloser
CorwinShiu wrote:Um.. Constellations are just regions in space that we name. It's like calling the area above the US Canada.

We name them using latin (virgo means virgin in English). If you are wondering why you never see what you actually see in the constellations, its because constellations are not named on how they look. Its like saying Washington state looks like George Washington.

you're right, Triangulum looks nothing like a triangle. ;p

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
JadenKale wrote:well, Utah best buy the heck out of this one! Great job Julian.

Looks like Utah is buying the heck out of this one!