jcyphers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcyphers

Nice Cramps shout-out. RIP Lux!

mafted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mafted

i'm actually a huge astronomy geek, but yea, not feelin it. maybe if i were 12. yea, possibly.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

This is a pretty funny shirt. I'm glad it's sold out so I don't have to decide whether I want it or not. I really like the humor, but constellation shirts that glow are a little cheesy for me. Still, it's a good shirt.

queencityrunner

quality posts: 10 Private Messages queencityrunner
dieburnbot wrote:Anyone who has owned a Woot glow in the dark shirt please answer. Does the glow in the dark ink last through washes?

Didn't glow much in the dark before or after washes.

oosuperglueoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oosuperglueoo

Oi! Mosh good! NO!!! :O( This is what I get for sleeping in this AM. nooooooo nooooo nooooo anyone wanna give up their shirt?

jkster107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkster107

SAD! I knew I should have waited for midnight to see what was coming out. I guess I'll have to look for a resale one? Or do they ever print more?

peron57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peron57

man! i wish it didnt sell out so quick... i swear i just wanted one! thanks utah and washington....thanks a lot.

tripgrad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tripgrad

I thought the reference was to the song "My Wife" by John Entwhistle.

R.I.P.
WINE.W00T NOV 4, 2012

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW
AdderXYU wrote:I usually rather dislike this kind of shirt, but the humor is pretty solid here. Again, not a buy, but this week is shaping up to be a great one for possible randoms.

This might have been even better with fewer real constellations, I think.

Fewer than two? I know the names of three are up there, but only two resemble the actual constellations. You might note that the three with real names are all carefully positioned to look like... well, let's just say Virgo is looking a little limp.

triplesalcho

quality posts: 2 Private Messages triplesalcho

I can't believe I missed this out...

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW
mllemeranii wrote:Oh, and I also imagine the designer thinking, "How can I put a one-eyed-snake on a woot shirt without actually putting a one-eyed-snake on it?"

Edit: *Oi! Mosh good! no woot filter for that word?!?!?!?*

Edit #2: I made my own filter. Just so I don't make the Woot Gods angry

In my opinion, the designer put three on there. Two conveniently positioned real constellations, and one completely fabricated constellation with a real name.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I went through the entire thread, and while it's possible I missed a post, did no one comment about the Star Trek reference in the writeup? I'm with woot all the way: Berman ruined Trek! :P

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
marklog wrote:Those 'real' constellations are quite phallic.

Phallic is funny.

to some people phallic is funny, wait till the day when you don't have a "phal" guess who will be laughing then?

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

It's fun when dailies sell out

MiKEYxCORE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiKEYxCORE
jkster107 wrote:SAD! I knew I should have waited for midnight to see what was coming out. I guess I'll have to look for a resale one? Or do they ever print more?

Tomorrow at midnight they will reprint the shirt for $15 instead of $10 and it will be available at that price until it gets reckoned.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
BIGELLOW wrote:In my opinion, the designer put three on there. Two conveniently positioned real constellations, and one completely fabricated constellation with a real name.

People keep saying there're two real and one fake in the top row, but they all look like the real deal to me:

Gemini
Leo
Virgo

So which one is supposed to be the fake one?

But as for conveniently positioned: Absolutely. Leo, in particular, is upside down from the way it usually appears. The lines are redrawn a bit to that effect, too. Too bad; without that, I probably would've bought it tomorrow even having missed it today.

Killerwit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Killerwit

The '2001' reference is spot on!

p.s. Vanilla Ice is gonna sue you guys.

Buffoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffoon
tortureman wrote:now when my roommate complains about not being able to see the stars in Los Angeles, I will hover over him in the middle of the night wearing this shirt...

Tell him not to complain... The last time I saw stars in LA was at about 4:30 AM, MLK Day back in 1994, after the Northridge Quake knocked out 90% of the power in the LA basin. It totally wasn't worth it.

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

Damn you, beauty sleep!

I'm in for one (tomorrow).

KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun

Quirky shirt, but I guarantee that 80% of sales are due to the fact that it glows in the dark.

thethatcher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thethatcher

ah dang. figures I notice the Utah reference after it sells out. :/

cabbit56

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabbit56

glad I got one before I went to bed~ it's my first dailies and first glow in the dark shirt~

Melissa1490

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melissa1490
Valis wrote:Nope, there was a shirt with ghosts a while back that also glowed.

Edit: It was called Ghosties.

Also there was one with Fireflies.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Since when did Utah do anything worthy of being immortalized in the stars?

smklung23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smklung23

Damn I haven't been on woot in a while. And I was really hoping that woot had outgrown its phase of selling terrible shirts. Too bad I mean glow in the dark in sorta cool but childish. Also stupid made-up constellations are pretty laem and not funny

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Nizo wrote:

Also, I'm a virgo, in for 1

Aren't most wooters virgos?

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

I've been playing "Star Ocean" on the 360, so this shirt is kinda related.... Other than that... Yep.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Elenawen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Elenawen
kinzoku wrote:Since when did Utah do anything worthy of being immortalized in the stars?

the Mormons believe that when they die, the best ones become gods of their own planets. so they're taking over the stars now.

Elenawen: Tolkien Elvish for "Maiden of the Stars." But I don't come from outer space, although Star Trek is pretty cool.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
AdderXYU wrote:Aren't most wooters virgos?

Hahaha!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

The timing of this joke couldn't be worse. Just a little higher on the page, I'm talking about Star Trek.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark
MadamAtom wrote:People keep saying there're two real and one fake in the top row, but they all look like the real deal to me:

Gemini
Leo
Virgo

So which one is supposed to be the fake one?

But as for conveniently positioned: Absolutely. Leo, in particular, is upside down from the way it usually appears. The lines are redrawn a bit to that effect, too. Too bad; without that, I probably would've bought it tomorrow even having missed it today.

I agree. The fake constellations were funny enough and would have been more funny without slightly altering the 3 real constellations at the top with a sophomoric re-drawing of the lines. Phallic jokes are just intellectually lazy. But for redrawing the lines on the constellations along the top row, I would have been in for one, if not two, of these.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

not for me and not for sale anymore!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Melissa1490 wrote:Also there was one with Fireflies.

read here on the 1st page. Those are the only other shirts that were printed with GITD... yes, the first shirt's GITD was laem but the Ghosties wasn't so bad. I suspect that the small amount used may cause it to glow less... we'll see when people get them in the next few days.

ROFL

Piplicious

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Piplicious

I think its funny that this shirt made fun of Utah, and Utah had the most people buy this shirt.

someguy7234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someguy7234

I think this is the first time I've seen anything from woot sell strongest in Utah

crzmnky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crzmnky
Buffoon wrote:Tell him not to complain... The last time I saw stars in LA was at about 4:30 AM, MLK Day back in 1994, after the Northridge Quake knocked out 90% of the power in the LA basin. It totally wasn't worth it.

I see stars all the time and I always stop to admire their beauty. Not worth it? pssh.

crzmnky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crzmnky
someguy7234 wrote:I think this is the first time I've seen anything from woot sell strongest in Utah

Utah seems to buy a lot on woot in general. At least in the couple months I've been here.

robbbbb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages robbbbb
crzmnky wrote:I see stars all the time and I always stop to admire their beauty. Not worth it? pssh.

I think he meant that it wasn't worth the death and destruction just to see the stars.

sabru8

quality posts: 63 Private Messages sabru8

Sold Out! Wish I could have gotten one of these, I'll never skip a midnight check of the next shirt again.

sstrunks5555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrunks5555

Someone made the phallic reference, and now I can't unsee it. Gemini is a wang, leo is a sperm, and virgo is some sort of obscure vag. Ewww. Why did I buy this shirt? xD