MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
eHalcyon wrote:
That white in the middle is definitely negative space. Maybe there's a way you can protect that part of the shirt from being dyed?

Maybe batik?

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

felloffthebus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages felloffthebus

Creativity and religious jokes, they're what I love most!

But I hate white, too plain...

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
arioth wrote:I like this one. It reminds me of the Firefly pilot. "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

::sniffle:: I miss Wash.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

brieanna

quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna
flipmeister wrote:question woot staffers... is gods shirt ink or a non-inked white... i want this shirt but am thinking on changing the color but wont want to change his shirt color. anyone know?

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about dying the shirt, but hey, God can wear blue too.
Or red. Or whatever.

I like my signature.

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock

Now that's funny. I don't care...wait, that may be a trademark phrase, so I'll stop there.

One question, though: If God got tired of making the dinosaurs fight each other all the time, why would he create hominids that would just fight each other all the time?

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
ramyb wrote:The design has 6 colors+white, so I assume that it's the shirt color and not ink (designers tend to use the shirt color as a seventh color, and it doesn't really make sense to use an extra ink color that is already on the shirt)- But unfortunately for you, that means no ink there- Is there a way to cover those areas when changing the color or does it pull the ink through?

i just looked the pantone colors up too... sad.

i havent tried to somehow block one area like that... dont think it will be too successful

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02

This shirt is like Firefly with Wash as God...

- "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it...'This Land'"
- "I think we should call it 'Your Grave'!"
- "Ahh, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

flipmeister

brieanna wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about dying the shirt, but hey, God can wear blue too.
Or red. Or whatever.

do you really want red clouds?

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

sleepyjen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sleepyjen

I HATE white shirts but this design is great, and I bought one anyway.

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

DON'T: find the most radically Bible-thumping other-religion bashing bunch of fundamentalist Baptists AND WEAR IT AT THEIR CHURCH CEREMONY.

(I don't think they slaughter lambs any more, but this shirt might put them over the edge.)

brieanna

flipmeister wrote:do you really want red clouds?

Clouds at sunset.

I like my signature.

opera0932

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opera0932

I think that it needs to be said that this shirt is potentially offensive. I am deeply offended by the mocking nature of this shirt to everything that I believe in. I can respect that there are differences in religion, but I do not think that a religion should be made fun of in this way.

Now that I've said that, I would like anyone who either purchased this shirt because it mocks the Christian Faith, or anyone who feels a similar opinion to know that I will be praying for you. Please do not take offense to this gesture, but I feel that you should know that somewhere out there, someone you've never met is praying for you tonight.

In Christ,
opera0932

P.S. John 3:16

brieanna

zozzles wrote:DON'T: find the most radically Bible-thumping other-religion bashing bunch of fundamentalist Baptists AND WEAR IT AT THEIR CHURCH CEREMONY.

(I don't think they slaughter lambs any more, but this shirt might put them over the edge.)

Especially don't wear it and dance at their church.

I like my signature.

choflagg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choflagg

Mein Gott - Woot Shirts has been putting up so many lately that I couldn't pass up on. Probably like a dozen in the last few weeks. You're earning my money! Of course, 90% of what I buy is for my daughter, but still - I'd rock em if I were her. She loves em, and is the envy of her stylish friends, to be so low-maintenance, yet wholly unique.

For those who complain about the offerings being "too kiddy", I feel your pain, but hey, these shirts are still kick-azz. I still wear the 4 or 5 man-size woot shirts in my closet, and if I ever see one for me, I'm on it.

Note to designers - have a meaning other than face value built into your design, unless it's just so aesthetically stunning that it's undeniable.

Note to WOOT - your silkscreen quality seems to be on a downwards slope as of late. I support you, so just do what you can to make the prints look better!

zozzles

brieanna wrote:Especially don't wear it and dance at their church.

Footloose?

flipmeister

brieanna wrote:Clouds at sunset.

you.... and your quick thinking...

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

choflagg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choflagg
opera0932 wrote:THIS IS A HORRIBLE AND IRREVERENT SHIRT. IT IS NOT FUNNY. IT IS ONE THING TO HAVE A SHIRT THAT EXPRESSES A RELIGIOUS BELIEF, BUT THIS IS A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF MOCKERY AGAINST ALL BIBLICALLY BASED RELIGIONS. IT IS NOT OK!

I JUST TALKED TO GOD, AND HE SAID IT WAS OK, AND ALSO TO TELL YOU THAT HE FORGIVES YOU. NOT SURE WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT, BUT I HAD TO RELAY THE MESSAGE.

brieanna

zozzles wrote:Footloose?

The hardcore baptists don't take kindly to dancing. Or God with dinosaurs on tshirts.

I like my signature.

Ieo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ieo

Forever immortalized as a first sucker....and on my second woot too!

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin

haha this shirt is pretty funny

fallapart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fallapart

Apparently, I'm a sucker for extinction shirts, since the other ones I've gotten have all involved some kind of harm (Donut Panic, Caseysaurus, etc). Guess I'll have to wear this to church to make myself feel better!

. : | MARTURIA | : .

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Pure awesomeness- the expression is perfect, and the dinos, comet, etc. have just the right amount of detail. Plus the overall shape of the image fills the shirt nicely. As funny as it is well-executed. Great job, Cho!

zozzles

brieanna wrote:The hardcore baptists don't take kindly to dancing.

I believe the standard quote there is "That it is too much like sex standing up".

brieanna wrote:Or God with dinosaurs on tshirts.

Unless they are really tiny ones that won't drag you down to the ground, making you a target for trucks when crossing the street. You can only carry so much weight, y'know.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

So I was just on a committee that found the new pastor for our church. He's coming up to become official with the Presbytery this weekend, and I am having dinner with him and another committee member tomorrow night.

Do you think this would work as apparel for that meeting?

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
flipmeister wrote:i just looked the pantone colors up too... sad.

i havent tried to somehow block one area like that... dont think it will be too successful

You can see if you have a white shirt or piece of cloth laying around the house and test it out, then decide if it's worth it perhaps?

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

I wonder if a Creationist would wear this.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

ishotthepilot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ishotthepilot
flipmeister wrote:i just looked the pantone colors up too... sad.

maybe if you put some kind of thick gel or setting spray over the negative space of his shirt/gown, there must be some kind of dye-resistant stuff out there

jordan314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jordan314

jeje, awesome.
Reminds me of this T-shirt

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
ishotthepilot wrote:maybe if you put some kind of thick gel or setting spray over the negative space of his shirt/gown, there must be some kind of dye-resistant stuff out there

Slathering some melted (non-inked) wax may help do the trick.

zozzles

jordan314 wrote:jeje, awesome.
Reminds me of this T-shirt:
http://www.splitreason.com/productdetail.php?id=495

Oh, that is a wonderful graphic!

tubatime1010

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tubatime1010

Cute yet slightly blasphemous all at the same time!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Hahah, I laughed when I saw this design, then swallowed my gum when I saw it was James Cho. I predict a sellout.

Cam22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Cam22

This shirt is the ultimate ice-breaker at any gathering... mixer, business meeting, religious council... the possibilities are endless!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Cam22 wrote:This shirt is the ultimate ice-breaker at any gathering... mixer, business meeting, religious council... the possibilities are endless!

clam bake?

drewy813

quality posts: 8 Private Messages drewy813

THIS IS EFFING HILARIOUS... as an atheist I have to buy it.

nontypicalmale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nontypicalmale

I feel as though that T-rex's head is the only thing preventing a peek at the Almighty's naughty zone.

duncansil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duncansil

Wow a great print and very funny! The story was great to the end, until the last line. I'm a Christian who believes God and Science are not exclusive. The Universe is actually is ~ 13.5 billion years old and God's designs and motives on creation are hard to comprehend. But He don't just like making messes, umm we kind of do a good job of that ourselves. He does provide a cleanup called redemption and it's simple and easy. Think I'll buy a shirt and wear it to church next Sunday .. should be some fun!

Nizo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nizo

By far the most funny of any story for a shirt.

"He would maketh them to fight on the edges of volcanoes, and in huge battles royale, and He would maketh dinosaur noises all the while, and it was totally bitchin’."

Congrats Cho!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
duncansil wrote:Wow a great print and very funny! The story was great to the end, until the last line. I'm a Christian who believes God and Science are not exclusive. The Universe is actually is ~ 13.5 billion years old and God's designs and motives on creation are hard to comprehend. But He don't just like making messes, umm we kind of do a good job of that ourselves. He does provide a cleanup called redemption and it's simple and easy. Think I'll buy a shirt and wear it to church next Sunday .. should be some fun!

he has coupons?

I wasn't going to buy this one bescause it's on white, and we don't get along.(long story about meatball subs and the mall) anyways Going to get it. and wear it to important events, like "rollerball 2000" and stuff.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

I love the concept, it is really funny. But I don't like the style of the design, and don't really want a white shirt. :\ Too bad, but also a good thing since I just put away all my clothes today that were in piles everywhere, and I can barely fit all my woot shirts in my dresser...yikes. ;)