SeraphSix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SeraphSix

WTB Less Religious Debating

Seriously... if I want to hear all that, I'll go to NOT A T-SHIRT SELLING WEBSITE

Anywhoosh, I do like the shirt design but agree that I don't like it on white (nor the halo).

opera0932

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opera0932
choflagg wrote:I JUST TALKED TO GOD, AND HE SAID IT WAS OK, AND ALSO TO TELL YOU THAT HE FORGIVES YOU. NOT SURE WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT, BUT I HAD TO RELAY THE MESSAGE.

What I said in my first message was not the real message that I wanted to portray. I am indeed offended by the nature of this shirt, but I let myself become angry. In my anger, I posted a message that was harsh and not really in the spirit of Christianity. I would encourage you to read my revised message that I have posted in place of my previous comment. Once again, I am sorry for the nature of my first comment.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
eHalcyon wrote:Wonderful use of negative space, and even as a Christian I find the theme here pretty funny. I don't think the style of the two dinosaurs quite fit with the rest of the design though.

Any indignant Christians out there - instead of hating, how about donating to my 30 hour famine so I won't be starving myself for nothing?

I hope Woot doesn't mind my shameless plug. It's for a good cause!

As a Christian (Baptist), I LOVE this shirt and the write up. Definately condsidered getting one for my kid to wear to Sunday School, but I don't want to stigmatize him too young...I want him to do stuff to bring that on himself.

ApfelGeld

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ApfelGeld

A perfect capture of the famous Cretaceous-Tertiary Extinction Event http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous-Tertiary_extinction_event . ;-)

ambergreen

duncansil wrote:...But He don't just like making messes, umm we kind of do a good job of that ourselves. He does provide a cleanup called redemption and it's simple and easy...

Hear! Hear! And you didn't even have to say "I'm praying for you."

ambergreen

shonnelizabeth wrote:Wow, I had no idea God looks like Kenny Rogers.

And afterwards,he just dropped in to see what condition his condition was in.

Adubs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adubs

agreed

Dorkvader wrote:Oh no, a shirt that refrences religion! Controversial.

On a side-note: There are some aspects I really like, and some I dislike.

and the fact that I dont know wether or not the thought of God playing with rocks and dinosaurs is funny or not bugs me greatly.

Nevertheless, I hope the shirt sells well anh brings happiness to all those who purchase it. Likewise, I hope shirt.woot doesn't take too much flak for this.

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

You guys at Shirt.Woot think of everything:
Awesome shirt with a great design, hilarious issue description and I particularly love reading all the comments from the religious nut jobs... You rock Shirt.Woot!!!

sabru8

quality posts: 53 Private Messages sabru8

Cute and witty, but I think I'm going to pass on this one. Too many light colors for my taste.

Adubs

i'm a conservative christian & i DO admit that i chuckled & initially really enjoyed the shirt.

however, after reading the description i felt mocked & thus a little miffed. :\

anyone else?

Adubs

opera0932 wrote:I am not offended by the presence of dinosaurs. Even though God is in control of the events going on on this shirt, I am offended because God is portrayed as a child. Not just that, but a child who acts impulsively on a whim or just because he is bored. Plus, there are many irreverent things that are said in the text that is shown below the shirt. Ir is for those reasons that I am offended.

agreed

ANagler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ANagler

i like this.

normally i refuse to wear anything white, but this design is funny enough for me to purchase one.

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD
Adubs wrote:i'm a conservative christian & i DO admit that i chuckled & initially really enjoyed the shirt.

however, after reading the description i felt mocked & thus a little miffed. :\

anyone else?

This is how I felt exactly. Great post!

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

Shadowbat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Shadowbat
alfbo wrote:I wonder if a Creationist would wear this.

I think so. After all this shirt is an example of "intelligent design."

Sincerely......Batty

mfbassplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfbassplayer

I would just like to say...

I think this shirt is hilarious.

Thought I was going to join the debate didn't you? LOL.

Yaaaaaaawn. I'm bored.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Too much debate, not enough yay Cho! So...

YAY CHO! This is pretty awesome, hahaha.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

CHO!!!!!

WELCOME FREAKING BACK DUDE!!!

Really, it's great to see an awesome Choness in print again.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Reminds me of Sudden Death
http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=6448

Also, without the halo I think that God would look like a mental patient.
Am I going to hell for saying that..?

aggiejy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiejy

That's a great writeup!

My Collection (Well... some of it.)

ryanrchurchill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryanrchurchill

Of course if this were Sheba or Vishnu, the artist would be in a heap of trouble...

Buddha would be funny though...

kelvin232

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kelvin232

my last few woot shirts are giving me hives.... I'm not a sensitive person to chemicals. I have no allergies.

And yet i'm getting hives when i wear my woot shirts! Only the newer ones...

Any one else?

still ordered this... just got to wash it 5 or 6 times before i wear it....

gee2thek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gee2thek

Wonderful job on this shirt! In for one. Hilarious write up, Woot.

This has been one of the better forums to read as well... religious nuts unite! :-)

--- Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

RaNDoMMAI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaNDoMMAI
ambergreen wrote:As a Christian (Baptist), I LOVE this shirt and the write up. Definately condsidered getting one for my kid to wear to Sunday School, but I don't want to stigmatize him too young...I want him to do stuff to bring that on himself.

HAHA good parenting

EngineDriver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EngineDriver
opera0932 wrote:I think that it needs to be said that this shirt is potentially offensive. I am deeply offended by the mocking nature of this shirt to everything that I believe in. I can respect that there are differences in religion, but I do not think that a religion should be made fun of in this way.

Now that I've said that, I would like anyone who either purchased this shirt because it mocks the Christian Faith, or anyone who feels a similar opinion to know that I will be praying for you. Please do not take offense to this gesture, but I feel that you should know that somewhere out there, someone you've never met is praying for you tonight.

In Christ,
opera0932

P.S. John 3:16

This is so ridiculously humorous that I am now contemplating purchasing this shirt.

Keep the funny coming please!

codog180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codog180

I really like this shirt, but for some reason god having a halo around his head doesn't seem right. I thought halos were just for angels and less beings...

jazzaholic17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzaholic17
opera0932 wrote:I think that it needs to be said that this shirt is potentially offensive. I am deeply offended by the mocking nature of this shirt to everything that I believe in. I can respect that there are differences in religion, but I do not think that a religion should be made fun of in this way.

Now that I've said that, I would like anyone who either purchased this shirt because it mocks the Christian Faith, or anyone who feels a similar opinion to know that I will be praying for you. Please do not take offense to this gesture, but I feel that you should know that somewhere out there, someone you've never met is praying for you tonight.

In Christ,
opera0932

P.S. John 3:16

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Hahahaha. That's really funny.

kelvin232

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kelvin232
codog180 wrote:I really like this shirt, but for some reason god having a halo around his head doesn't seem right. I thought halos were just for angels and less beings...

God can have a halo if he wants.... he IS god... god can ride a pink girraffe, naked, through church if he wants! what you gonna do about it?!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I wish I could figure out how to link this, but here is an opinion from Bill Hicks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmglGWMsdk

Congratulations on a mightily clever and funny design, Cho!

Carpe shirtem!

SavedChristian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SavedChristian

I think you can tell very easily by my name what I believe. However, I don't find this shirt offensive. I don't want to buy one, but I don't see this shirt as the attack on Christianity that others seem to see.

If I'm unwilling to allow for a humerous look at my faith, then my faith is to rigid and lifeless. I often joke that my friends just aren't "Christian" enough when they don't show up at church one Sunday. I don't believe this at all, but I love to infuse humor to something that is so central to my life.

Why can't we all just step back, have a good laugh, and realize even God has a sense of humor! Maybe He's even having a little chuckle at this shirt...

Crackerers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crackerers
svengoolie wrote:(why is it that it's just fine to make fun of Christians and white people but any other religion and any other ethnicity is completely off limits? It's hard being a white man in modern America)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one! Excuse me while I wipe the tears of mirth from my eyes.

Oh wait, you were serious?

arioth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arioth
nontypicalmale wrote:I feel as though that T-rex's head is the only thing preventing a peek at the Almighty's naughty zone.

I wonder if the almighty has a naughty zone?

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
arioth wrote:I wonder if the almighty has a naughty zone?

why is it on the second day all the funnies come out? why! why? I believe in god and he's big and hot and sunny. and he's not going anywhere, anytime soon.

P.S. but wear sunscreen with my god, cause he burns you if your not carefull.

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK

Haha! Glorious print. Although, I think if I tried to wear this around my crazed religious relatives... they might burn me. Then again... they already have reasons to hate me, so maybe I'll just do it anyway. xD

rickooski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickooski

Speaking as a christian, if your faith is that weak, or your life that unfulfilled/boring that you have to complain about a shirt on woot because it may some way some how possibly insult God because it shows him happy and playing with Dinos then you need to pull off the purity ring and go to TGI Fridays.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kelvin232 wrote:my last few woot shirts are giving me hives.... I'm not a sensitive person to chemicals. I have no allergies.

And yet i'm getting hives when i wear my woot shirts! Only the newer ones...

Any one else?

still ordered this... just got to wash it 5 or 6 times before i wear it....

you might try exorcising your woot shirts. "Out, demon of itch!"

himani0118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages himani0118
svengoolie wrote:Aside from being blasphemous

You know what I consider blasphemy? Some jackass preaching to people about how HE interprets the word of God, and what HE thinks God wants. Who is he to presume he knows what God wants best? What makes him any different from a person off the street, besides a religious education that was taught by other men(in terms of humanity)? That sounds pretty preposterous to me.

svengoolie wrote:why is it that it's just fine to make fun of Christians and white people but any other religion and any other ethnicity is completely off limits?

Every race & religion gets carp. It's not ok, but it happens. My ex's mom (a Muslim) called me a cow worshipper. My stepdad's mother (a devout Christian) not only calls my mom a 'pagan witch', but had the gall to say that those that perished during the boxing day tsunami deserved it because they were all godless heathens.

My point here is that there are bad apples and good apples in every possible categorization of humanity. It's not right to make fun of or stereotype anyone based on that. However it happens and people need to learn that you can't make everyone respect everyone else, sometimes, there's nothing you can do other than grin & bear it.

ryanrchurchill wrote:Of course if this were Sheba or Vishnu, the artist would be in a heap of trouble...

Buddha would be funny though...

I would love a Vishnu shirt! Or a Hanuman one! That monkey god is bananas... HA!
However, I can't speak for the other Hindus out there, some of them are a little too 'fundie' for my taste.

With that said, it's a cute shirt, but I'm way too clums... St least whenever I eat something that stains... :|

MOAR PURPLE SHIRTS!!!

baseproduct

quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct

Speaking as an atheist, I am very offended that you think people who purchase this shirt deserve unending torture and eternal fiery torment. It's a shirt. Lighten up a little.

I'd say I'd pray for you, but Pesci is busy tonight, so I'm going to have to give it a miss. Nevertheless, I hope you develop a sense of humor soon, and realize that if God exists he's probably big enough to chuckle at himself now and again.

JessicaLopes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JessicaLopes

I love this shirt so much. I'm not down for one though... white tee-shirts inevitably lead to exposure during rainy days and pasta sauce stains from dinner. That is why god made fabric dyes.

My Shirt Woots: Mon Petit Chou, Nevermore, Playing God, Spicy Meatball, Evolution of Barbeque, Filthy Hippies,

Random Shirt Woots: (My favorite)-Plumber in the style of Rembrandt, Less is More

I've stopped being able to document my purchases... I need to stop buying Woot shirts.

JessicaLopes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JessicaLopes
JessicaLopes wrote:I love this shirt so much. I'm not down for one though... white tee-shirts inevitably lead to exposure during rainy days and pasta sauce stains from dinner. That is why god made fabric dyes.

You know what... I'm going to tye-dye it and wear it to this years Gathering of the Vibes. Peace

My Shirt Woots: Mon Petit Chou, Nevermore, Playing God, Spicy Meatball, Evolution of Barbeque, Filthy Hippies,

Random Shirt Woots: (My favorite)-Plumber in the style of Rembrandt, Less is More

I've stopped being able to document my purchases... I need to stop buying Woot shirts.