+ Add a Comment

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: chance encounter

The guy on the horse?

This is brilliant!!! Wonderfully done, and I agree with the other comment: Classy.

This certainly deserves to be printed!!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Art Deco Hell Train

Unquestionably your best work in a long time. Maybe a little boxy and flat at the bottom, but overall quite solid.

SydneyB

Re: The Wings of Ra a la' Deco...

Beautiful colors! They enhance the image nicely.

BTW... I saw your name as artist on a G1 App - That IS you, isn't it?

JustLikeYou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustLikeYou
Re: Abstract Deco Theater Front

So this is my first derby entry ever. I've been a woot lurker for quite a long time - thought I'd give it a go and get a feel for the whole "submitting an entry" thing. Look forward to participating in more!

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Fallen Giant

Love the design, a little big, but still great.

SydneyB

Re: Seahorses

I like the seahorses a lot. I do not care for the gray designs behind them, though.

But I did vote. I REALLY like the seahorses.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Art Deco - Chess

Nice! One of the few designs that are ACTUALLY art deco!

Make sure to submit the design detail at 580x580 otherwise woot automatically resizes the image down to fit, causing artifacting/blurring.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001

a hotdog sandwich with 8 circular-cut pickles! =)

gone!

AdderXYU

peppersagooddog wrote:i can explain.
you see here at woot, the prevailing designers at any given time are not required to follow rules to secure a win. it has always been this way. and by looking at the reckoning list, you will find that this particular artist is the current designer exempt from any and all rules pertinent to a derby. dont blame the designer for flaunting the rules more and more obviously each week. blame woot for not caring. once mermaid man and barnacle boy fall from grace, another will take their place and do precisely the same thing.
i hope this has cleared up any confusion for you.

Kdeuce is even back this week

It'll be like "war of the twits who know nothing about art and somehow win dramatically every time"

haydawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haydawn

nice

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419

Good Job! I like the color pattern the most..

AdderXYU

Re: Art Deco Helltrain (v2)

Take the comment I made on your other entry and apply it to this one instead, please.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: ...is that a mouse?

The cat is not paying attention. The mouse is alert, and may escape.

(I felt that this design needed more Art Deco influence than just the cat, so I added a fireplace screen.) I hope it is better.

striker138

AdderXYU wrote:This is probably one of the least professional things I've ever seen in the fog. I almost want it to win, so woot can cry over how much of a failure their system is

Considering that 90% of the entries here are from complete amateurs (myself included obviously), you would expect to see some entries finish in the fog that are less than professional. It is refreshing to see someone other than the same small group of people have a chance at winning every once in a while.

haydawn

that's one fancy --artsy---igloo
great shirt

AdderXYU

striker138 wrote:Considering that 90% of the entries here are from complete amateurs (myself included obviously), you would expect to see some entries finish in the fog that are less than professional. It is refreshing to see someone other than the same small group of people have a chance at winning every once in a while.

There is "less than professional" and then there is "three seconds in MS Paint".

This is an amateur contest. That doesn't mean something that embrangles should win. You can be "amateur" and still do good work. This isn't the special olympics. Not everyone should get a medal just because they don't have one yet.

haydawn

art deco? i like the design even if it's not deco style art

dirtdirt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtdirt
Re: Breakfast

Now in color.

JustLikeYou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustLikeYou
chade2001 wrote:a hotdog sandwich with 8 circular-cut pickles! =)

bwahaha! Oh my, I see it

I plan on spending more time on the derbies in the future. This was sort of my first "get my feet wet and figure out the submission process" thing.

Meggin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meggin
Re: Day Dreaming

The foreground and background look jarringly different to me, and the background reminds me of this: http://www.fabulousmasterpieces.co.uk/userimages/Art_Deco_Art.jpg

How is the shading done on the figure?

striker138

Re: Breakfast (color)

I liked the original gray comp better, but this one gives me the urge to goto Denny's. Nothing is better than breakfast for dinner.

SydneyB

Re: Athena Rising

Lovely!! I'd wear this for sure!

striker138

Re: Art Deco Blimp

One of my initial ideas was to do a zeppelin. I am glad I didn't, because yours looks so much better than mine would have.

SydneyB

Re: Just Past Midnight

This is really really really beautiful. Quite impressive!! I only worry that the image is too large and/or too close to the seams.

Also, your thumbnail does NOT do this image justice! I wonder if people are just not clicking on it.

fkavy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fkavy
Re: USSR-Gyle

I totally want this!!

fkavy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fkavy
Re: USSR-Gyle v.2

I want this too

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: You are the agent of change

this actually look awesome. it also has some sort of vague meaning that can be turned whichever way!

gone!

Meggin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meggin
Stormink wrote:Agreed.

What's even sadder is that when Ramyb first posted this design, everyone said it had nothing to do with art-deco yet of course he wouldn't have changed anything because that would require actual work.

That's because they still voted, despite posting that it didn't follow the theme. :/

It's a great-looking design, but it not following the theme is frustrating.

78LAYERS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 78LAYERS
AdderXYU wrote:Now that you remind me, it certainly does.

Either way, I'm liking this one.

It actually is that building. I saw a picture of it, like the perspective and redrew it. Found a pic of a 1930's Cadillac and redrew that as well. The moon isn't real though. At least I don't think it is.

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
rellybob wrote:The first thing I thought of when I saw this shirt was the Batman symbol.

*facepalm*

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Carnival Hunter

this is a couple weeks late. should have been in the circus derby.

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: Decobot Discovers Love

Definitely better than your other entry. +1

DertyFoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DertyFoot
peppersagooddog wrote:i can explain.
you see here at woot, the prevailing designers at any given time are not required to follow rules to secure a win. it has always been this way. and by looking at the reckoning list, you will find that this particular artist is the current designer exempt from any and all rules pertinent to a derby. dont blame the designer for flaunting the rules more and more obviously each week. blame woot for not caring. once mermaid man and barnacle boy fall from grace, another will take their place and do precisely the same thing.
i hope this has cleared up any confusion for you.

Thank you.

jndoowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jndoowl
Re: Decobot Discovers Love

Looks like he's holding "himself".

And all I can say is "congratulations" for him,
but unfortunately I won't wear a shirt promoting robotic self love. That's the first step towards "the uprising".

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason
Re: Construct

Ramyb,
I'm not sure what you've done to the people of woot, but I would imagine your back is killing you from all the knives that have to be sticking out of it. I am just a lowly peon who purchases woot shirts, I cannot even begin to imagine how to design a shirt...so I wouldn't presume to dictate to others how they design theirs. That being said, I like your designs, obviously a considerable amount of the public likes your designs and the last I checked that's what this site was about. I sincerly hope that you will ignore the acrimonious remarks by your fellow wooters (who are supposed to be adults, and should act accordingly I might add), and continue submitting your shirts....simply my two cents. That being said...I didn't vote for your entry...I like the bunny, LOL!

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Breakfast (color)

And I like this comp much better!

lwoodnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
rellybob wrote:The first thing I thought of when I saw this shirt was the Batman symbol.

The first thing I thought when I saw this post was: "WOW."

WOW.

cpospisil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpospisil
sonotthereason wrote:Ramyb,
I'm not sure what you've done to the people of woot, but I would imagine your back is killing you from all the knives that have to be sticking out of it. I am just a lowly peon who purchases woot shirts, I cannot even begin to imagine how to design a shirt...so I wouldn't presume to dictate to others how they design theirs. That being said, I like your designs, obviously a considerable amount of the public likes your designs and the last I checked that's what this site was about. I sincerly hope that you will ignore the acrimonious remarks by your fellow wooters (who are supposed to be adults, and should act accordingly I might add), and continue submitting your shirts....simply my two cents. That being said...I didn't vote for your entry...I like the bunny, LOL!

I completely agree. I read these boards every week, and it's amazing to me that people can get so hateful over a bunch of tshirts. It's like a group of sixth grade girls squabbling over a boy, sickening and tiresome. Maybe if they spent less time being jealous of someone else's success, and more time on their own designs, assuming they have any, they'd win occasionally, too.

melite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melite
Re: Hot Cup of Deco

Sharpest coffee evar

Shirt.woot.com purchases: OMGcat, Let’s Play, Synthetic Beauty, Forget the Toys, I Want the Moon, Almost Human, Deforestation, Music is Life, Sunshine, 12 Angry Beasts, Lament of the Kiwi, Imposter, Spicing Things Up a Bit, The Original Blue Hedgehog
Woot.com purchases: Random guppy, Pure Digital Flip Ultra Series F260 Camcorder

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Here's my entry. I'm not usually a fan of art deco, but I enjoyed making this. Hope you like it!

Here's a detail view