HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
Re: Cresent Cranes

Thank you all for the support and feed back. I was in the New Hotness for the first time ever and I felt so honored... I was like YAY!!!! that was really cool to see that, totally made my day. Thank you all again for the votes!

HarlequinHeart

Re: The Bee's Knees (RESUBMISSION)

So adorable! I love this design, you do really good work girl! Good placement and all!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: My Heart's Desire

nice design.

You need to review the rules of this derby and put it on a woot shirt, and resubmit before getting rejected.

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
tgentry wrote:Deco eagles can be seen everywhere, they were popular in the style. Here are some examples that are much closer to this entry than the third reich eagle, which has more detail:

U.S. Postal Box
Pope County Courthouse
Post Office in Reno
U.S. Postage Stamp
U.S. Courthouse in Oregon

Reminds me of the contra 'weapon' icon.

That's damned American.

HarlequinHeart

Re: Leaving Metropolis (resub)

Looks really cool. I like both submissions. Nice work Chunk! I like saying that... Chunk. It's fun.

lexaverial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexaverial
kdeuce wrote:resub collab. with my boi k-rob.

This is pretty fantastic. If this places count me in for one. GMV.

houseandwilson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houseandwilson

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

Cool design! Way to make something fun and wearable out of what's obviously a tough derby topic.

rglee129

Re: Spicing Things Up a Bit

great use of the shades of blue for the shaded areas. I like the little heart, too. Good work with a tough topic.

kareokediva3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kareokediva3
Re: Cityscape in Art Deco

Here's a full comp:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/kareokediva3/Derby87-ArtDeco-FullDetail.jpg

All feedback welcome!

rglee129

Re: Sunshine

Very, very well done. This design shows a great aesthetic sense. Boffo!

rglee129

Re: Cresent Cranes

I'm surprised this isn't higher, but my favorite designs lately have been around 30th place, so I guess not. Cool stars and clouds. Nice work!

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Decobot of Death

I hope this is deco enough for you woot. Apparently it's okay to have only deco elements in the foreground, but not the background.

Or apparently steampunk is also the new deco.

Want some steampunk? I got a whole can of steampunk I can open up.

Jykinturah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jykinturah
Re: Construct

Ramyb, I think this one doesn't look like Art Deco because of the 3D gears. Most Art Deco I saw looks flatish.

But the without the 3D gears, this design wouldn't be as good.

But I never even heard of Art Deco until today so I may be way off.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
HarlequinHeart wrote:Looks really cool. I like both submissions. Nice work Chunk! I like saying that... Chunk. It's fun.

Thanks for your comment, and I agree with you about the word Chunk(y). I´ve been using it as my nickname for some years now. It´s the kind of word where the way it sounds really relates to its meaning.

Wugmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wugmeister
Re: Bomb Deco

I hope this wins because the BF wants it xP

tinboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinboy
striker138 wrote:I really like the design, but as the first poster said it can't be printed. Woot can't print gradients or halftones below 1 px.

Oooops. You're right. Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can fix it.

dramallama56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dramallama56
re: spicing things up a bit

Oh tgentry, you are a round-ish thing, um, ah... of complete awesome genius. This shirt free the weasels.

tinboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinboy
striker138 wrote:I really like the design, but as the first poster said it can't be printed. Woot can't print gradients or halftones below 1 px.

Actually, have a look at the full size-image. (The link is above.) Unless I've totally missed something, the steps are done in 1px. It might just be hard to see on the smaller versions.

ishtaar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ishtaar
databit wrote:What is Art Deco then? I looked it up on the Internet and came up with a lot of differences in the definition from one source to another? Did you know you are not supposed to refer to designs as Art Deco unless they originate from France? Well By One definition this is true. I looked at some of the rejected entries and gave my take on them and also found a common factor between them. You can read about it on the blog... It is far to long winded (IT IS LONG) to post here.

HAH! Awesome.

"King Kong went to the top to have a picnic with Faye Ray. Unfortunately the gnats and biting flies were too think in the air and the poor ape fell to his death. But not before he got a chance to twitter about what a great view it gave of the city and how the ants could not steal Faye’s fried chicken way up there. Maxi Squiddious happened to be a close follower of Kong’s twitter and decided to go check out the sights."

brfatal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brfatal
Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

How surprising.... Another bunny rabbit shirt in the fog....

You Wooters who voted on this have no sense of VARIETY.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
databit wrote:Did you know you are not supposed to refer to designs as Art Deco unless they originate from France? Well By One definition this is true.

the quote appearing in your blog says from France "and those from countries directly influenced by France." Arguably this includes every country in the world.

starlux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starlux

colors are definitely rad.

starlux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starlux

being a coffeeslut, i am compelled to vote for this.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
kamshaft wrote:Thanks for the comments! Regarding the propellers, I thought (perhaps incorrectly) it would give a more art deco feel for them to seem more flat.

Oops! A friend had signed in on my computer and didn't sign out... Above comment is mine :s

skinplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinplayer
Re: Construct

nice! personally i think it should be a left or right side design instead of straight center.

skinplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinplayer
Re: Grunge Deco

i really like this one! just not as a high centered placement. resub as a lower side placement?

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Comin' atcha...

If you had put this entry up friday, I bet it would have been near the top. +1

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
ishtaar wrote:HAH! Awesome.

"King Kong went to the top to have a picnic with Faye Ray. Unfortunately the gnats and biting flies were too think in the air and the poor ape fell to his death. But not before he got a chance to twitter about what a great view it gave of the city and how the ants could not steal Faye’s fried chicken way up there. Maxi Squiddious happened to be a close follower of Kong’s twitter and decided to go check out the sights."

Oh good! Now he has a name. Poor little Maxi.

bhazard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhazard
Re: Into The Trench

Just a couple of ships headed for what will become a very big explosion... :D

Full Detail:

Detail 1:

Detail 2:

Detail 3:

bhazard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhazard

I tried my best to make my idea as deco as possible, hope I did alright. I know I pegged the symmetry; I made half of everything then inverted it.

I know its very likely to get rejected but with this shirt printed I figure maybe I'd take the chance anyways.

Hope everyone enjoys!

msanchez418

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msanchez418
Re: Cityscape in Art Deco

So awesome! I love it!

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Comin' atcha...

Very nice! Completely wearable. I just voted for this!

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m

release control art restriction level 1!

SEARCH AND DESTROY!

i love it

bryannelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryannelson
Re: Art Deco Angel

This shirt reminds me of the grandiose feeling of Art Deco and the desire to have the beholder look farther and farther up.

Im not a pro designer and this is the 2nd shirt I've ever done.

Kassad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kassad
DavidShenoda wrote:Well, we're very fortunate to live in a country where we can express our opinions freely.

Ohhhh, say can you Seeeeeeeeee...

Oops, sorry about that. I can get a little patriotic sometimes.

Like I have said all through diff posts on this derby, a derby theme is already pretty subjective, so to give a theme that is inherently subjective (open to interpretation) with instructions that call you to interpret again in your own way, is asking for complaints about being outside of the theme.

This is my first post on Woot even though I have followed the site for longer than I care to think. I hope that both of your shirts win, to me they are heads and shoulders above the current top 4.

marissarocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marissarocks

I really like this shirt, but not some thing i would wear. It just lacks something, it's just to hard to explain.

marissarocks

I really like this design. Totaly would wear it!!

marissarocks

I don't really like this shirt. I think you should have centered the glass and put a different color for the shirt. Hope it helps!

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
Re: Bomb Deco

This is the best shirt in the derby