lilymaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilymaiden
Re: Sunshine

I wish I could vote multiple times. This shirt is gorgeous. Normally I think arty shirts are pointless (I'd rather a good pun), but this one is just so beautiful, I have to retract.

I hope this wins. In any case, thanks for making such a pretty design.

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
Re: Raven Dark

Like the design, just not so much on blue. I'll vote, but would buy in a different color, good job though.

Favs

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
Re: APE DECO

This is great!
Are those his bananas for when he is hungry later?

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
Re: Flying Aces

I personally would disagree and say the animals take a bit away. Alot of realism going on in this shirt, and then there are animals in flight gear. Everything else deserves a job well done.

Favs

HarlequinHeart

Re: Streamline

You went traditional Deco on this bad boy! I dig it though StellarDig! Maybe a Version 2 in the future? Different color scheme maybe? Come on whatcha got? Your holding something back I know it!

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Hot Cup of Deco

Cool design, but reminds me more of cubism.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

NinjaStorm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NinjaStorm
catz07b wrote:not to offend anyone or anything, but that eagle thingy on the entrance of the igloo remidns me of the symbol for the Third Reich

that being said, i still like the design, and i love the little (i am assuming girl) eskimo comming home that has a heart over [her] head. GMV

Part of the reason for this is that the Third Reich's rise to power, and subsequent building spree, was in the 30's, when deco was a dominant architectural style. No one else was building much besides Hitler due to that depression they had going on.

HarlequinHeart

Re: The Wings of Ra a la' Deco...

I think your design is wonderful... there was tons of Art Deco inspired by Ancient Egypt and just to say, Deco was eclectic... inspiration was drawn from all sorts of subjects and art and, you nailed it!

Melkoret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melkoret
Re: Construct

ramyb this design is VERY VERY good!

Im very curious how you made it, as Ive been learning illustrator and trying to make gears ^_^

Though I do sorta agree with some other wooters that this didnt scream "art deco" to me, at least not in the 1920-1930's sense, I shall give it my vote, because I would still wear it.

Melkoret

Re: The Wings of Ra a la' Deco...

Pretty much a sick nasty design we have here!
(that means I like it 0_o)

Melkoret

Re: Get on the Mike

The design isnt exactly complicated enough for me to LOOOVEEEE it, but its extremly wearable as a shirt, and falls under the category, so GMV fo sho

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
bellarific wrote:Ehh.....I dunno. I feel like this is an art deco parody rather than art deco.

We like funny shirts, and this qualifies. Perhaps that's because it's a parody, but as long as the art elements are there, why is this a problem?

Puzzled in Pasadena (not really, but I am about 5 miles away)

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: skipped the light ARTDECO

Hello. Thank you for putting it on black, I really do like it - it pops and the design looks even more deco! You've got my vote. Good luck!!

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Urban Jungle (Resub)

Hello. I really appreciate the design but agree, the centering is problematic. It has to be off to the side, for obvious reasons. Good luck.

gsworks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsworks
Re: American Idol Gone Wrong

That's messed up...

gsworks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsworks
Re: Urban Jungle (Resub)

This is very cool. I love the cat's stance and anatomy. Very nice entry!

lwoodnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
Re: Construct

If Woot wants to discourage cleverness and creativity by not rejecting this mundane, rule-breaking piece, then they can reap what they have sown when people naturally follow in Ramyb's foot steps and violate every theme to whatever extent is possible in order to adhere to the basic principles of "successful" shirt making. If Woot thinks their site will survive falling into a repetitive, forgettable pattern of production than that is their business decision, and we will have to see what happens. But ultimately, sad as it is, the responsibility falls on Woot to police things.

They have made their position clear by not rejecting this shirt.

srb122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srb122
Re: BUNNY-KONG

No more rabbits!! Grrrr! I won't vote for it if it's got rabbits!

srb122

Frogs vs Rabbits!

I hope the Frogs win this time!!!!

srb122

jezzarisky wrote:I really love how this is put together, nice balance, good colors, great design. Kinda like those surf/hawaii shirts but done in a 1920esque style. pretty awesome.

YES! Perfect! Nice job on the accentuations to your design!

FROGS vs RABBITS

Let's help those FROGS finally overtake these STUPID RABBOTS/RABBITS that win week after week!

srb122

Re: Clockwork deco frog V3

Just what the doctor ordered on this one! I like both designs, but this one definitely stands out to me. I hope this one wins, but I will vote for all of the frog ones you made to give you a decent shot! Thanks for listening to your supporters!

mamurphy88

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamurphy88
Re: Heart Deco

+1 because Adder doesn't like it, ergo it must be good.

"i want something cute on my shirt, not the mona lisa."

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
lwoodnj wrote:If Woot wants to discourage cleverness and creativity by not rejecting this mundane, rule-breaking piece, then they can reap what they have sown when people naturally follow in Ramyb's foot steps and violate every theme to whatever extent is possible in order to adhere to the basic principles of "successful" shirt making. If Woot thinks their site will survive falling into a repetitive, forgettable pattern of production than that is their business decision, and we will have to see what happens. But ultimately, sad as it is, the responsibility falls on Woot to police things.

They have made their position clear by not rejecting this shirt.

Woot reaps a lot of money off this hack. They're in no mood to start quality-controlling any time soon. when the good stuff makes it, it undersells, especially lately.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
kinzoku wrote:I think I posted my Mythbusters shirt Friday night.

orly! I didn't see it right away. So, if the design isn't up by saturday, the design is destined to omgwin!... That sorta embrangles.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Morning Stretch

I am really behind this week (had people to see, things to do... or you can reverse that XP )

ANYHOW...

My inspiration was from a few things. I had been watching a documentary about giraffes recently so they were fresh in my mind upon the start of this theme. I have seen a few rather organic Art Deco sculptures from the 1920's era that had very clean, smooth lines, and I wanted to echo that look in the form of the giraffe. Since that it was too simple on it's own, I added a bit of that rather mathematic, precise Art Deco work as well and created the sunburst and sun trail which creeps up to the giraffe, just waking up in the early morning light. Finally, the color palette changed a few times, but it originated from a 1920's interior paint palette. Purples and teals were HUGE in the 1920's and I really wanted to bring that out in the design. So, with the four color colors (and using the black shirt) The teal blue and purple are used to show a shadowed side of the giraffe as the gold and red of the sun squeak over the edge of the grasslands.
If anyone is wondering why the circles instead of the intricate pattern of a traditional giraffe, I felt the circles echoed the circular feel from the sun and, with some suggestion, the outline seems to hint at the varying pattern of a giraffe without making the whole piece too busy.

Here is a detailed view. Thank you for any of your votes.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
icymallard wrote:lol kdubbs im so confused. i dont really love this shirt and i dont understand why its in the fog whereas i LOVE your armadillo shirt and wish i could buy that right now.

woot community > me

Well, I'm just happy that you like at least one of my designs! Thanks for the support on the armadillo.

graphix6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graphix6
kostar wrote:i loooove this. very nice!!

Thanks but i think I should have removed it ! It didn't turn out right ~I am not pleased with it at all ~

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Art Deco Planes

Love the blue on yellow. I like this one a lot.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
benjaminleebates wrote:orly! I didn't see it right away. So, if the design isn't up by saturday, the design is destined to omgwin!... That sorta embrangles.

Designs can win if they are posted late, but the earlier is better. There are alot of people who vote on over the weekend, that never bother to vote later in the week. This weeks derby has been really slow, so I am sure anything can happen.

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154
Re: My Kicks

This might end up falling into more of the "80s modern" like this one:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29504

Or maybe it's just he color scheme?

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Tabernack wrote:Fun design, lot of balance. I'd wear it but it doesn't really encompass the feeling of deco. But that aside, I do like the flow.

This. I can not vote for a design, no matter how nice it looks, if it does not fit in the derby for the week. This is another one of those times. Good luck anyway.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Caught in the Waves

I like the fact that this has a cartoon look even though it maintains its deco characteristics. Great job. GMV.

Snocrashed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snocrashed

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Caught in the Waves

Great job on the idea, MJ... great idea and I love how the squid is getting attacked by a water spout.

hajile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile

Good design, good colors.

I almost feel that it could use some maroon highlights... That's probably just me, though.

DirkDDarring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirkDDarring
avhienda01 wrote:Can you post a larger image so we can see the detail better? I like the way it looks, but I'd also like to have a better look.

Here is a close up look at the design, let me know if you need anything else and I will try to give more detailed views in the future.
Thank you so much for your kind support.

Michael Irwin
Graphic artist
www.wix.com/idforu/idforu

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

I hate that every week, you'll be in the top of the fog the entire first day, then get knocked out by Monday or Tuesday and place 6th or 7th. You do some great shirts and I'd love to see you get some more prints.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

StoliV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StoliV
Re: The Rabbit's Weird Dream

This shirt NEEDS to get printed! Puh-lease vote for this shirt if you haven't already!

tnkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnkitty

Sweet! You got my vote! :-)

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
ack154 wrote:This might end up falling into more of the "80s modern" like this one:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29504

Or maybe it's just he color scheme?

Yeah, I saw that after I spent three days working on mine... there are some differences between the two that I hope draw the line... like there's is at an angle, whereas most 'art deco landscapes' are drawn from the front, with like the view point angles different? yeah, the colors though... if it gets rejected I'm going to take out the two side things, round out the stereo a bit, and change the colors. If it's not deco, it's at least getting closer.