gymst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymst
Re: Listening (with Lashes)

LOVE IT! You definitely got my vote on this. Simplicity speaks volumes!! Thanks for listening to us wooters.

achickta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages achickta

I so want one of these, it is just to awesome.

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
rcf22 wrote:Humorous shirt, and it GMV, but it's notated poorly:

You'll never see two dotted eight's barred together like that. Rather, you should have written it as a dotted eighth, then a sixteenth tied to another eighth note. Also, since the 3rd note in the full measure begins on an up beat, it should be written as an eighth tied to a quarter. The math is correct how you did it, it just looks awkward, not how true music would be written.

< /knitpicking>

I'm a little surprised by this, my musical experience is fairly non-negligible (I've played the double bass for 15 years, for instance) and this doesn't look odd to me at all. I wonder if this is some difference between US and British musical teaching - a quick hunt on Google threw up http://www.mymusictheory.com/grade1/lessons/7_beaming.html, which mentions that one can beam dotted quavers (or at least heavily implies it - they beam a dotted quaver to a semiquaver, and say that "dotted quaver have one beam"), but also is apparently a 'UK version'. If this is a case of a difference across the pond, that'd be pretty interesting. Thanks for the vote.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

I wish the iPod wasn't there... I do like the musical notes. I still voted it.

Tabernack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabernack
Anthony3419 wrote:Nice placement and illustration, Maybe a darker color shirt would strum up more votes..

I toyed around with the colors a little, but there's not enough of a difference I think to warrant resubbing this week, since it's not a make-or-break change. I'll give it a better go next week--but thanks. Me and light colors aren't good friends. Yet.

Need to rough 'em up before I try to make them bend to my will.

Mchldmorrison wrote:Second Fav in this derby really hope it makes to the fog.

Thanks! I wish.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
icymallard wrote:haha ramy's prolly like...

intense debate even on this on-topic design?

*facepalm*

I'm thinking the people that don't think this shirt is on topic probably don't get that he's pirating music. Its obvious to the younger generation, maybe that's the issue. I'm thinking its a generation gap thing.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Music is Life

music is life.

your title alone gets my vote. i agree, the lighting effects with that green are a nice touch

Eglowy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eglowy

I think im in the right forum.
Had a few questions and open for critique of initial concept.

am i missing anything?
record, 8-track, reel to reel, cd, mp3 I think thats it.

and the brown or the grey?

KidGrenouille

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KidGrenouille
lunartan wrote:Fablefire's "Devil Went Down to Georiga" submission from last year was so much better imo.

Link, please?

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom

Okay, the geek in me needs to know.

Two blue: oxygen?
Three blue: ozone?
One blue, two red: water?
Two blue, one yellow: carbon dioxide?
One blue, two green: nitrous oxide? (had to look up that one)

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

I'm a sucker for zombie eyes! Nice work Edgar!

KessiTheNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KessiTheNinja
re: the essentials

Not a piccalo.... an Okarina=]=] Me gusta!

icymallard

Re: quintar

hah, bold concept

icymallard

Re: Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

Edgar, I Want This Shirt.

Ivyness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ivyness
Re: One Note Wonder

ROFLMAO

Be the change...

hishandsare1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hishandsare1
Re: Death of The Music Man

I love your entries every week, and I vote almost every week because I think that they should be printed. I don't think that much of your work could be worn by a female, but I buy them for my boyfriend every time they sell. I voted, and I will buy for him it if it prints.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Take Me for Spin

Did you change this?

Anthony3419

Re: Birdie Jukebox

Easy and simple. I like it.

kandiiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kandiiz
Anthony3419 wrote:Easy and simple. I like it.

thanks

KessiTheNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KessiTheNinja
Re: In Beat Wean

I love this!!! I REALLY want it!!! You need to make more shirts on here!=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]

MadamAtom

KidGrenouille wrote:Link, please?

Aha! You CAN search old derby entries by title ...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10960

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
gymst wrote:LOVE IT! You definitely got my vote on this. Simplicity speaks volumes!! Thanks for listening to us wooters.

You're welcome, and thanks for all your feedback!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
icymallard wrote:i like it the way you have it currently...
simple design for a simple message

Thanks, appreciate it.

databit wrote:Simple but great.

Thanks databit!

leetsteevo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leetsteevo
Anthony3419 wrote:Easy and simple. I like it.

i agree
super wearable shirt

+1 from me

Anthony3419

Tabernack wrote:Thanks! I wish.

Well, it is not doing horribly bad and you do have illustration skills. I can't wait to see your designs in the future. BTW you "GMV" +1 from me.

mirlyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirlyn

I'm just glad the votes keep coming! Keep it up!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Unplugged

Thanks and props to the human called "tgentry" for the idea. Please unplug and enjoy.

Anthony3419

Nice drawing. Is that Willie Nelson in 2046?

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv

I like this one. I mean really, who can turn down a robot playing guitar? Anyway, nice illustration and texture.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

cruelnv

Re: Bang that thing!

Way to represent the makeshift music. We should start a band.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

conan151091

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conan151091
Re: Soothing Raindrops

I love rain and I love music, this design is perfect. You would have gotten my vote if I could vote, but unfortunate for you, I could not.

cruelnv

Re: Hornoceros solo

I definitely agree with this one being better. The ram just felt a little awkward on the other. This one gets one from me.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I've always found the combination of death and music to be a very strong concept. This design was 100% inspired from the piece by Daniel Chester French, "The Angel of Death and the Sculptor".

Heres a link to an image of the inspiration:
http://praxical.blogsome.com/wp-admin/images/DCFrenchMemorial.jpg

LARGE COMPOSITION:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/drakxxx/largecomp-3.jpg

DETAIL 1:

DETAIL 2:

Thanks guys as always for all your support.

cruelnv

Re: In Beat Wean

I think this would appeal to me more if it was positioned in the bottom left (my left) and was a little smaller, but I still like it. Nice work.

Anthony3419

Re: The Last Song

I was wondering when this was coming out. Awesome! I have no chance at the fog now...

MadamAtom

unchained wrote:Wow. Same placement. Same swirls. Same shapes. Just a little different coloring.

Are you sure you two aren't the same person???

My husband and I have handwriting styles that are scarily similar to each other. Even stuff we wrote before we MET looks similar, and if anything it's gotten more similar over time.

Just sayin'.

As for the design: I love the colors. Too low for me personally to wear, but I'd consider it as a gift for a couple people I know.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

This is so funny! :D Great idea, gmv.

MadamAtom

databit wrote:What is on her?

I think that's a distressing effect, but yeah--my first thought was "Zombie chick!"

jubishop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubishop

Yah this is cool.

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: The Last Song

creeeepy

(i still can't wait for this to win and for woot to replace the white ink with hot pink though.)