thebassman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebassman
Re: Rock Star

I like it... I'd buy it.

arylkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arylkin
Re: Song Bird

It reminds me a bit of some of The Imaginary Foundation's tees, but I like it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: The Last Song

This is really haunting and gorgeously done. If there is one shirt that absolutely should print this derby (and there might only be one), it is this.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: TRANCE............................................

Music is a powerful thing. It does things to you. It can speak to your soul...

So, hopefully the tune from this shirt is telling your soul to vote for and buy it.

As always thanks for voting. Enjoy!

IncurableHumanist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist
Re: Sounds like Treble

do want

IncurableHumanist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist
Re: Wishful Thinking

i like it too, it's got charm

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
arylkin wrote:Hee! You're hilarious! :D

Thanks, the fact some other people find this funny makes me :D

mirlyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirlyn
Josephus wrote:meh. the weird shape of the skull kills it for me. This person would have one right eye in the normal position, their left eye would be located somewhere up on the higher portion of their forehead- eyebrow level at least. They'd have a teeny tiny nose. couldn't breathe at all through that thing. Finally, they'd have 4 front teeth on the top of theior mouth- flat, straight across. They'd look like some sort of circus geek. It's a freakshow.

Ok... lol... The skeleton is also obviously alive and downloading music with a bird on his shoulder. I'm sorry, when did these things occur in real life as well? I don't think the artist was going for realism and to nitpick the layout of the anatomy is kinda silly. lol. But you did make me giggle so thanks!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Awww nice.

jazziz251

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazziz251
theraccoon wrote:Many thanks, I'm glad it's not just me who doesn't think the notation looks squiffy, and thanks for the comment!

ShirtRoll'd

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN
NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU
NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY
NEVER GONNA SAY GOODBYE
NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE AND HURT YOU

As sung by Rick Astley (1987) - As a professional musician in the US, I can guarantee you will never see two dotted eighth notes together with the stems connected.

evox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evox
Re: Mu-sack (µ sack)

im an engineering major...i giggled. my sister is an ethnomusicology major- she got the genes for this derby... This is one of the few shirts i understand here :[

+1

cloudberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cloudberry
wesshull wrote:Ok, as a former violist I saw the title and was all "Cool, respect for the viola!" But I'm having trouble making sense of this composition...

Not trying to get you down or anything. Am I totally misinterpreting the positioning here or something?

I was a violist too and feel the same way...

AdderXYU

Re: Music Pirate (resub)

ramyb wrote:
And on an unrelated note, I know I've said several times that I'd try new things, I want to state this as more of a long-term commitment instead of a one-week promise. I won't say that I'm going to abandon this style, because it's one that I like and one that I enjoy doing, but there's a time and a place for it and I'm starting to realize that (a bit late, I know, but at least the revelation has come). Up to this point, I just assumed that there was a vocal group who disliked the style and I was able to just ignore their concerns because they were generally voiced in extremely nasty and vicious posts, but it's becoming clear that it's overdone to the point that people who previously enjoyed the style are growing to despise it. I'm going to (at least try) to start doing my part to increasing the variety on woot in the derby. Hopefully. Just get on my case if I don't follow through (although I'm sure that won't be a problem)

This was March 16th, 2009. Not even half a month ago. Guess those two weeks without a win really hurt.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Music Through The Ages

surprised this shirt isnt getting more loving... love that old guy,,

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
Re: Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

the creepy bird adds a certain charm to it.

yingyangyen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yingyangyen

ohhh this is very cute. i would totally buy it

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

if this duznt print, would u wanna sell me a copy of this for my room edgar?

woemcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woemcat

the added music notes really make it. gmv!

cloudberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cloudberry
Re: I just want to play on my pan pipes

Love it! He reminds me a bit of Bitey (http://www.biteycastle.com/content/animation_brk.html), which is one of my favourite animations. (I think it's the trees that sparked the memory...) The music in it, incidentally, is quite amazing.

If this wins, I'm definitely buying!

gee2thek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gee2thek
Re: Hottie on stage

This is ...um... amazing?

It's almost like my 5 year old submitted something behind my back. This is hideous!

--- Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

aznxenocide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznxenocide
rglee129 wrote:Thanks and props to the human called "tgentry" for the idea. Please unplug and enjoy.

I like it a lot, but I agree that it'd get my vote no-brainer if the image were just a bit smaller.

dijin

Re: Music is Life

I agree that there should be something there for a good balance. Alas I'm not an ipod hater but I quite dislike it on this shirt and probably any shirt for the matter.

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

Voted to spite the idiots who didn't vote because of the iPod. No one gives a Gigli (2003) how cool you are because you listen to vinyl.

dijin

I'm not a fan of pirates nor do I want people misinterpreting that I like to pirate music nor do I like the ipod in the design. So not for me.

dijin

Re: Outdated and Vengeful

I tend not to like ipods in designs but I approve of the use in this design. haha

AdderXYU

slowjam wrote:Voted to spite the idiots who didn't vote because of the iPod. No one gives a Gigli (2003) how cool you are because you listen to vinyl.

thankfully for those who don't give a Gigli (2003) about how cool one is, no one who listens to music in any form would find this shirt cool. It's a match made in heaven.

Anthony3419

This is an amazing design. I have been with woot for awhile now and will say that this is a serious contender for my all time favorite. ipod? Really? Who cares. If you don't like ipods then think of it as a cheap knockoff you can get at the flea market. This is obviously getting printed. Count me in. Ipod or not...

UntilthePast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UntilthePast
Anthony3419 wrote:This has a nice flow. I think having multiple earbuds is kinda throwing it off a bit. Nice design though...

Thanks Anthony-
^^

Anthony3419

Re: Audio Inspiration

Thanks for all of your replies. They are all very much appreciated. I do however enjoy this design and thought it would garnish quite a bit more votes. Maybe it is the whole white T thing.

Anthony3419

dijin wrote:I'm not a fan of pirates nor do I want people misinterpreting that I like to pirate music nor do I like the ipod in the design. So not for me.

What's up with the whole "not for me because it has an ipod on it" phrase I keep reading. Really are ipods an embarrassment? Last I checked Apple was pretty much in the here and now with all there products. I don't get it I guess. Maybe I can start a new trend and say things like "I wont vote for this because it has sleeves". "i would vote for this design if it didn't have _______. You fill in the blank with anything popular in a design.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: The Last Song

Hello. Artistically, this is quite a design. I can certainly appreciate all the work that has gone into it; it shows. However, I am having difficulty with the story the design is telling. My interpretation is that death is overshadowing or guiding the piano player, but the musician is clearly a child. From the expression on the child's face and the fact that Death is literally perched on his shoulder, it appears that the child is dying. This is bothering me, perhaps unduly so, and I find it detracting from the design. Perhaps if the musician were an adult, I would find it less disconcerting. Just my opinion. Good luck to all the artists!

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
re: sounds like treble

Thanks everyone! I personally love the creme color for this design, it gives a more classic/rustic feel compared to the white.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

nerdgod89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdgod89

fo sho GMV, ramy is my fave artist and as a dedicated music pirate i will buy this shirt if it doesnt sell out fast enough. when i wear it people will understand what it means, which is a lot better than half the shirts on woot.
great job with another home run ramyb! keep up the good work!

~
indianwoot

koronae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koronae
Anthony3419 wrote:What's up with the whole "not for me because it has an ipod on it" phrase I keep reading. Really are ipods an embarrassment? Last I checked Apple was pretty much in the here and now with all there products. I don't get it I guess. Maybe I can start a new trend and say things like "I wont vote for this because it has sleeves". "i would vote for this design if it didn't have _______. You fill in the blank with anything popular in a design.

Not everyone likes or owns Ipods, nor do most people want to be walking ads. Even though I'd personally wear the design (as I use an Ipod myself and enjoy it), I can understand that some people don't want to do free advertising for a product that they may or may not like.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

I've had hangups about Ramy's designs in the last few weeks, but a BIG two thumbs up here. This is extremely well illustrated, and the point comes across easily! I absolutely love how 3D the drawing looks, thanks to the 3 separate layers of lighting! The monitor, the hat, and the skull are superbly lit and 3-dimensional! Kudos sir!

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
cloudberry wrote:Love it! He reminds me a bit of Bitey (http://www.biteycastle.com/content/animation_brk.html), which is one of my favourite animations. (I think it's the trees that sparked the memory...) The music in it, incidentally, is quite amazing.

If this wins, I'm definitely buying!

Oh man, I love those animations! He does amazing things with Flash. I agree about the great music too. :]

And thanks!

cimihighlander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cimihighlander
koronae wrote:Not everyone likes or owns Ipods, nor do most people want to be walking ads. Even though I'd personally wear the design (as I use an Ipod myself and enjoy it), I can understand that some people don't want to do free advertising for a product that they may or may not like.

Well good thing that's it's clearly not an iPod. The headphone jack is on the wrong side, and when was the last time you saw an iPod with a skull instead of a middle button. (and before everyone out there who lacks a sense of humor jumps on me, i'm saying that in jest)

Also, the addition of the "music playing devise" will not make you a walking ad. The last thing someone who looks at you wearing that shirt will say or think is "Oh, I see you like iPod's". Most likely people will say "cool shirt" and never give it a second thought. Peoples lives don't revolve around the shirt you put on today. get over yourself.

My Woot Count:
Bags o' Crap: 1
Woot: 6
Sellout.Woot:1
Shirt.Woot: 7
Wine.Woot: 1

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: Unplugged

Vote for this shirt if you're bold and you like Robots. Or, vote for this shirt on behalf of the bold and robot-liking people who want to wear its fresh, vintage design.

Thank you!