lunchboxbrain


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
Re: High Fidelity



awesome concept and execution

moiraetc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moiraetc
Re: Toy Soldier with a guitar!



If you don't win I bet these folks would love your design -
http://www.guitarsnotguns.org/

arcsus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
Re: goats a yodeling



love it

dssote


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dssote
Re: Unplugged


Hmmm, striking resemblance to my friend, Thriller:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LRX5hKWvyAaQbZKGwzVtUA?authkey=Gv1sRgCOD3ibD9iK67_gE&feat=directlink

CSMatt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CSMatt
theghotiman wrote:So, a skull kid is surfing the net and listening to his ipod and this related to music how? Is it because of the few notes in front of the skull's face? I assume those are coming from the computer and not the ipod. (Which makes me wonder why the sound is turned up on the computer.) And since when are random sounds or a few notes music? My computer dings and beeps at me, but it isn't music. Nor does it represent music. It's just sound.

The only thing that makes this anywhere close to being on theme is the title and that's just not enough. For example, if I was to submit a design depicting a scene of war it wouldn't be on topic. And if I titled it "The Battle Hymn" it still wouldn't be on topic, even though the title clearly references music. It may be a nice design, but it isn't following the rules, it's just trying to circumvent them.

I appreciate that many of you like it, but don't stretch and try reason this to be on theme, because it isn't.



I disagree. Very much of art is about interpretation. That's why so many people say art is anything.

So Ramy tends to take a theme and step outside the proverbial box? How is that out of theme? Woot intentionally doesn't constrain their artists that much so they allow for creativity. I see headphones, music notes, a music bandanna(which no one would wear unless they're really into music), and a life/death theme.

Looks on topic to me. Of course I first look at the theme, scope out the submissions, and then look closely at designs. If I can say to myself, "Yea I could see the theme." Then I'm set.

alfbo


quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: One Note Wonder



Dude, I like this, but I can't vote for a white shirt.

Now pink on the other hand...

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

NinjaStorm


quality posts: 1 Private Messages NinjaStorm
mark337 wrote:I love how you make completely generalized comments speaking on behalf of pretty much everyone yet singling yourself out as above the masses. I honestly think all your hating and nasty worthless posts are stemmed in jealousy because you seriously hate on everything, no matter what. Stop being bitter. You probably smirk confidently to yourself when you make a comment like the one quoted above but in reality, no one gives a Gigli (2003) about what you think because you really say nothing constructive, ever.



+1

CSMatt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CSMatt
Re: Music is Life



Wonderful! Voted without question.

I won't purchase for -my- wearing because it feels feminine. That won't stop me for buying it for someone I know though. Although buying clothing for women has never been something I'm good at.

homeschoolwinner


quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
Re: Theremin



I love the theremin. This might be the only thing I'd seriously wear.


"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

veronikaa


quality posts: 2 Private Messages veronikaa
Re: Theremin



love the theremin, and this shirt! gmv

mitchellp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp

I think he's listening to theme song of his pirated version of Pirates of the Caribbean

qdibble


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
kaseyfleming wrote:i was thinking about horns!! but i thought it might be too much on the head with the headphones...



I love this, I think it's perfect the way it is here. The "monsterness" is subtle but works. Great design.

dssote


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dssote
Re: One Man Band



This and "Rest Assured" are my favorite shirts in this Derby. Makes me wanna jump up, tap my feet, and clap my hands. GMV. I do hope this makes it into the fog. Nice job, kdubbs.

dssote


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dssote
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29631]



This shirt is awesome. Few things in music are more powerful than a good rest. The space between notes, the sound of silence. Ok, I'll stop now. Nice work. GMV.

mitchellp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: It's a Von Trapp!



I woulda probably gotten this if Maine (ME) was drawn without one of the great lakes or whatever that is in the upper left.

radiomode


quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

omnitarian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Theremin



Love me some minimalism, especially when theremins are involved.

Firefox spellchecker does not recognize the word theremin...

omnitarian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Song Bird



I really, REALLY dig this one.

lunchboxbrain


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
radiomode wrote:All the best!



Thanks radio. Likewise!

qdibble


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: In Beat Wean



This is really cool. YGMV. It's nice to see something different on woot that works. Love your style...

masterkraig


quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Music From the Heart Doesn't Alway Make Sense



You got it up!

Nice, though the colors do feel a bit "It's a girl! ...no, wait!"

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

dssote


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dssote
Re: Music Pirate (resub)



As much as I like this design, I'm surprised it's in the fog. There are so many awesome designs this week that really convey the music theme so well. While I do think this falls within the music theme, I find it says more about mp3 players than it does about music. As a musician, I just can't vote for it. Nice work, anyway, though.

chunkydesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Playing (with) Music



The idea behind this design is that today, in a lot of music genres that are based on the use of samples and loops, creating and playing music is like playing with building blocks.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Chibi Kaeru Music Tie (Collaboration)



Sorry. I am all for collabs, but I do not see the theme here. A frog is as musical as a hammer, and woot would reject that.

qdibble


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
jasneko wrote:This looks cool, but I would like to see a closeup. Could you post one?



I second this.

Also really like this design, but don't like white tees. Might look good on black or some shade of grey.

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: The Pucker Power Trio



Nice use of color and gradients...they really look like they're glowing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

grayehound


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
theghotiman wrote:So, a skull kid is surfing the net and listening to his ipod and this related to music how? Is it because of the few notes in front of the skull's face? I assume those are coming from the computer and not the ipod. (Which makes me wonder why the sound is turned up on the computer.) And since when are random sounds or a few notes music? My computer dings and beeps at me, but it isn't music. Nor does it represent music. It's just sound.

The only thing that makes this anywhere close to being on theme is the title and that's just not enough. For example, if I was to submit a design depicting a scene of war it wouldn't be on topic. And if I titled it "The Battle Hymn" it still wouldn't be on topic, even though the title clearly references music. It may be a nice design, but it isn't following the rules, it's just trying to circumvent them.

I appreciate that many of you like it, but don't stretch and try reason this to be on theme, because it isn't.





Aren't themes open to artistic interpretation, or does every design have to fall within a narrow interpretation of The Law to satisfy the critics? Artists, by nature, look for the edges of acceptable and push on it to see how far things can go. I kinda doubt this design is an overt attempt to do that, it's more a re-purposing of a prior design to fit in the theme, but it still challenges what the theme is about and that's not a bad thing. Judging that this design isn't "on topic" is just silly, but then again we aren't the ones to make that judgement, are we?.

On a side note, you can still buy a few of the large and smaller sizes of this same idea on threadless.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Caught in a Sing-Off



THis is the only design this week that is wearable.

MJDeViant


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MJDeViant
veronikaa wrote:i like this SO much, i'm impressed it doesn't have that many votes



Me too....haha. No, really, I need to stop trying to do these during work breaks and refine them. The highly-voted are definitely more refined and less roughdraft looking. I need to spend more time on them, plain and simple. It's just fun to enter. Thanks though!

Let the boring call you crazy.
Let the crazy call you boring.

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
wizard7926 wrote:One thing I really worry about, though, RM -- is your use of a gradient in your mockup's background (light-to-dark yellow), which is forbidden.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was rejected and you had to resubmit! I would email Woot staff and see if you need to re-submit ASAP to ensure you get as many votes as you deserve!



I'm pretty sure they only reject if the gradient is in the thumbnail, because that would be misleading people into thinking the gradient is on the shirt (and of course, if there's a fine gradient in the design itself).

But using gradients to jazz up the comp? Lots of artists do it & get away with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

qdibble


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: AIR GUITAR 2



I like this color scheme better. It's simple and easier on the eyes. Nice design. GMV.

dankstick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
mitchellp wrote:I woulda probably gotten this if Maine (ME) was drawn without one of the great lakes or whatever that is in the upper left.



It is actually Michigan, MI.

thegreatjordino


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegreatjordino
Re: Sounds like Treble



Love it Craig.

thegreatjordino


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegreatjordino
Re: Sounds like Treble



Hope this helps you get it sold, i might buy one.

masterkraig


quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Theremin



I had no idea what a Theremin is, but because of this shirt I looked into it and I really wish I had a spare 400 bucks to buy one and master. Coolest thing ever.

I also found this incredible Daft Punk cover with a theremin.

Thanks you for opening my mind!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I really like this, and the way it was drawn. It's very similar to one of my common artistic styles actually I don't think the connection is obvious to music, but gmv.

arcsus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
mjc613 wrote:Sorry. I am all for collabs, but I do not see the theme here. A frog is as musical as a hammer, and woot would reject that.



This is what I figured out after some lurking: There seems to be a very strange "war" between databit and "infobyte". They seem to be trying to out-nice each other. Bizarre. Although, it may be all just some grand scheme by databit so he has an excuse to post more. Either way, the creator is fully expecting this to get rejected.

pianolin717


quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717
Re: Sounds like Treble



LOVE THIS!
Ok, I really hope that this makes it into the fog! It is one of the only 2 I would purchase out of this Derby! If it doesn't make it to the fog, I still hope it gets printed! I may even get more than one! :D
LOVE IT! CONGRATS!

masterkraig


quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
masterxuln wrote:I love electronica! Specifically trance and techno, the less repetitive the better.

That's why I find this shirt pretty appealing. Still undecided if I'm gonna get it or not though.



Couldn't agree more, I just feel that this intense design feels cramped inside a box. If it doesn't print, blow it up and hit up DBH with it!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

crowkart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crowkart

This reminds me of the cover art for Men At Work's album "Business as Usual". Similar in concept anyway.

Nice design.