immortalight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages immortalight
Anthony3419 wrote:I believe the box you are referring to is a layer that is turned on. I am also assuming that you are using Illustrator. Check in your layers palette. It may be locked. Just unlock and then click the eye to turn it off. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Drifting Note

Looks better. You should get more votes with this one.

immortalight

Re: On That Note

I think this is gorgeous!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Stormink wrote:For someone in a medical program its surprising how little Ramyb seems to know about anatomy. And a little scary for me seeing as I live near where he goes to school and might soon be practicing...

I can never tell if people are just trying to be obnoxious in making comments about anatomy on a picture like this, or if you truly believe that I think that people have 4 teeth and no bottom jaw. And either way, your comment especially doesn't make sense, because you don't go to a doctor to have him tell you about your body proportions or to change the size of the nasal cavity in your skull. Either way though, if you are legitimately concerned, know that you may rest at ease for a while because I'm still an undergrad.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
spanishmel wrote:I just want to add a general statement - criticism and insult are not mutually exclusive. As artists we have to listen to our audience. RadioMode it would be wise to take in the emotional reactions people are having to the colors you selected, instead of being offended. Color selection is critical and you have selected a very "pretty, bright" color pallete...not to mention you used butterflies which in most societies have a strong female association. Personally, I am female, and while I like feminine designs, I really don't like the bright colors and yellow tee shirt. A few subtle tweeks to the color scheme and perhaps a different color tee and this design could have reached new levels of sophistication...and perhaps could it have been a unisex shirt. I really don't think anyone is trying to tear you down here, your design is well executed and obviously people are voting FOR you. Listening to your voting audience will only improve your future performance.

spanishmel

Up to this point I have not written a single reply to the comments about the t-shirt color.

I have no idea from which you draw the conclusion of me being offended. Please dont put word in my mouth.

I appreciate all ppl comments about the t-shirt color! Everyone has their own favorite color(s). I personally like bright colors (or in general, everything that has colors). I also found that if you check the reckoning chart, the longest running t-shirts are all in colors.

The other 3 t-shirts in the fog right now are all in black, navy, or asphlat. I think those are the safest options. But this one is different, and I believe that fact alone should be exciting.

immortalight

Re: Electronica

Wow! Great design! Does the "?" mean you are one of the top three? Deservedly so if that is the case!

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
lunchboxbrain wrote:I'll address these questions just to clarify everything. All of the elements (sheet music, bird, phonograph and hand) in this design were originally public domain images. That being said, all elements have been modified to the point where I feel 100% comfortable in saying that this design is an original work.

If you've voted for this and feel somehow duped, I understand if you want to rescind your vote. I'm not the first artist to use found images in a design and I won't be the last.

Again, I truly appreciate everyone who has voted/supported this design and I hope you'll continue to do so.

I really still like the design and appreciate the honesty. My vote stands.

immortalight

Re: One Man Band

I love this design it stands out from all the rest every time I scroll down the page! Nice job!

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
jasneko wrote:
Seki - I don't suppose you could humour us and submit a second version without the ipod, or a more ambiguous mp3 player? I would rather even just a cord pile than an ipod... if enough people wanted it, it could still make it up into the fog...

Is the problem mitigated slightly if the screen is made slightly bigger? Because this is something that can be done without resubmitting. But anyway, this is definitely not endorsing a product, if it were really an apple endorsement, the headphones would certainly be white. (also they would be earbud headphones. :p) I can sort of see how it would be seen that way a little bit, but it was not the intention, and I really want people to understand that.

The other thing is that while the height/width are ipod-ish, it's definitely a simplified version to the extent that it could easily be a generic mp3 player. There aren't the little white play/pause markers on the click wheel, for one. :p Also the screen is already larger than a normal ipod, and it is more boxy (as opposed to curved).

bigla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigla
Re: One Note Wonder

Great use of negative space.

SydneyB

Re: Studio Spoonist: the Hired Gun

Wow, I really love your drawing style!!

SydneyB

Re: A Musical Fantasy Awaits

Oh gosh - I seriously nearly cried when I saw this. Fantasia has been my favorite movie of all time, ever since my father took me to see it when I was a young child. ALL the music is fantastic, but I always personally thought that the Dukas piece was the most moving of all... Mickey and Yensid and the Brooms just brought it to the attention of a wider audience

Being a realist, it does not look like you will win this derby. But if you get this printed elsewhere, please please please let me know; I will buy one for sure!!

cryoftheraincrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryoftheraincrow

Here is Decomposition renamed and readvertised

Detail:
http://raindess.deviantart.com/art/Decomposition-117645112

http://raindess.deviantart.com/

goldenponies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenponies
jasneko wrote:Hey great change but... no violin bow?

I tried to think of where this little bumblebee would carry his bow. So my conclusion was that he has a collapsible one that is stashed safely inside his satchel. One can never "Bee" too careful with musical instruments! Thanks for the post. : )

SpindriftPrime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpindriftPrime
Re: Toy Soldier with a guitar!

Wow! I really love the concept.

I think it would be better served by adjusting the guitar's color so it's less orange and more brown, and extending the color down the neck of the guitar as well- presently, the neck is too indistinguishable from the soldier's hand, and outlining both in bright green compromises the legibility of both. Perhaps the soldier's arm could keep the green color, and the guitar could instead be outlined in a bright orange that the body currently has.

Aside from that, though, great shirt.

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

This is really beautiful. Great design!

It doesn't really seem like an iPod reference to me, since you've got the big headphones and there's not a lot of detail on the player. To me it looks like a generic MP3 player.

Bhennain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bhennain
Re: ShirtRoll'd

Oi! Mosh good! I just got it. I kind of hate you and love you at the same time. That is a genius idea. GMV

OrangeObsession07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OrangeObsession07

I'm very disappointed this is not in the top 4...it is one of the best by far and I would love to have this shirt. This takes much more thought and creativity than a music pirate. Congrats on the awesome design!

Morrigon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Morrigon

Awesome

SpindriftPrime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpindriftPrime
Re: High Fidelity

How imaginative! I appreciate that the two primary elements, the blimp and the houses, are both as... weird as they are. A simple blimp with a loudspeaker blaring at a bunch of normal houses would have been boring, but this is unusual. Kind of has a Dr. Seussy feel to it. It makes the image not just about music but whatever strange story is being told by this scene, however ambiguous that is; the single lit house certainly helps in that regard.

Good job! GMV.

sleepingin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingin
Re: Wizard Guitar Duel

Thanks everyone for the positive responses and comments. I'm glad that my design has struck a chord with some of you (no pun intended, I swear!).

HarlequinHeart: I would love to see one of those rocker vans, they sound really cool!

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

I'm glad to see a shirt with bold color choices doing well. :D I think that bright colors work very well on lemon; the only lemon shirt I have is bright red/gold on lemon, but it looks great.

Not sure if you intended this, but the lemon is also great for having the CMYK color scheme.

And of course the design is awesome. :D Good luck!

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
Bhennain wrote:Oi! Mosh good! I just got it. I kind of hate you and love you at the same time. That is a genius idea. GMV

Heh, thanks, although now I'm beginning to wonder how many people have looked at this and *not* get it!

thegreatjordino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegreatjordino
masterkraig wrote:Thanks everyone!

TheTrevinator, your post made me laugh heartily. :P

Almost there, you're fifth now!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Drakxxx wrote:Yay Boots. I love yarn b a l l (woot filter) birds! Got my vote as always.

Ah, ok, I was wondering if anyone else thought they looked like that, too. Cute design, Boots.

Jacobxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jacobxx

Long time lurker but I have to say... WIN!

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas
re: the i-phonograph 2, little old man version

Awesome shirt design, my favorite of this derby!

dealmaster00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dealmaster00
radiomode wrote:spanishmel

Up to this point I have not written a single reply to the comments about the t-shirt color.

I have no idea from which you draw the conclusion of me being offended. Please dont put word in my mouth.

I appreciate all ppl comments about the t-shirt color! Everyone has their own favorite color(s). I personally like bright colors (or in general, everything that has colors). I also found that if you check the reckoning chart, the longest running t-shirts are all in colors.

The other 3 t-shirts in the fog right now are all in black, navy, or asphlat. I think those are the safest options. But this one is different, and I believe that fact alone should be exciting.

hey man,

I love the design. Ignore the people with sticks up their asses, the people who are retardedly stuck up, and yet even others who are too insecure to wear a yellow shirt with a bit of pink on it. I am fricken buying this shirt the second it goes on sale.

peace

tony

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
sekiyoku wrote:I'm glad to see a shirt with bold color choices doing well. :D I think that bright colors work very well on lemon; the only lemon shirt I have is bright red/gold on lemon, but it looks great.

Not sure if you intended this, but the lemon is also great for having the CMYK color scheme.

And of course the design is awesome. :D Good luck!

Thank you. Good luck to you too!

dealmaster00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dealmaster00

I like it!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: All You Need Is Love - Waveform

It's too bad this isn't in the fog. If it were, we'd be getting some classic Adder rants

But, seriously, I echo the sentiment someone else put up already--this design has absolutely no context to it. No one looking at it could even begin to guess what this is.

Count3D

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Count3D
Re: Murder in C Major

Such an awesome-awesome shirt.

Shenorock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shenorock
Re: Electronica

Riffmaster's best shirt since crystalize! Huzzah, got my 10 bucks!

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Anthony3419 wrote:Why Thank You!

You're welcome!

anmllover86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anmllover86
Re: I Love Music

I absolutely adore this design! very creative and original and incorporates a lot of the musical symbols

anmllover86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anmllover86
LanyardLad wrote:I like it and it's very original but personally I'd like it more if it was just the bass clefs making up the heart. But that's just me. Like I said very creative and you get mucho points for that.

it is just the bass clefs making up the heart, base cleft has the dots.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Death of The Music Man

I just want to say I think the piano key teeth are brilliant. I was so certain this would end up in the fog.

IncurableHumanist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist
thegreatjordino wrote:Almost there, you're fifth now!

c'mon! fog you glorious son of a hot tamale! fog!

cindycindycindy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindycindycindy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Cindytheripper/1.jpg?t=1238487858

QuickSnap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuickSnap
Re: Pink Freud - Dark Side of the Mind

Rejected or not, I still want to buy the shirt. I'll pay good money for it. :D