DeusNoctis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeusNoctis

Great design. Forget all of these naysayers. GMV

jackiebot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackiebot
Re: MusicBot(RESUB)

I would dig this a lot more if it wasn't on yellow.

Gaddfly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gaddfly
mark337 wrote:I love how you make completely generalized comments speaking on behalf of pretty much everyone yet singling yourself out as above the masses.

You could not have better summarized pretty much EVERY post that Adder makes around here! Great job.

This is the Essence of Adder.

He's better than the rest, but has no where else to go, so we're all he's got. He disdains us, but he needs us.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: One Bad Note Spoils a Song

It´s a nice idea, but maybe it would work better with a different use of color to avoid that white border all over the design. The way it is now it looks like a sticker glued to the shirt...

chunkydesign

Re: The Last Song

This is a wonderful illustration and I´m glad you kept simple and didn´t use any color to "spice it up". As to the fact that this isn´t getting more votes to put it in the fog, my guess is that because the piano player is a child, makes it a little too morbid for people wanting to wear it on a shirt.

mmlturtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmlturtle
Re: It's a Von Trapp!

HA! Love it! gmv!

mukarram1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mukarram1
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

THIS IS AWESOME!!

~~MA4~~

palmettogirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages palmettogirl
Re: Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

I really want to vote for this but the design is freakin' huge.

himani0118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages himani0118

Y'know...
Since we're all assuming our own opinions reflect the community on Woot's opinions, I'm gonna give this a go.

There are tons of woot shirts on black, white, and asphalt, colors that I don't particularly like for tshirts. White gets too dirty and reminds me of going to funerals, asphalt is just boring and as for black *hurl*, I just plain don't like that color unless the design is really working it. I'm glad that the woot-off is getting a splash of color for once. If you don't like the yellow, don't vote, its that simple. Really.

Just because you like apple pie doesn't mean you shouldn't have blueberry pie. Sure, apple pie may be your favorite, but blueberry pie is dang delicious.

MOAR PURPLE SHIRTS!!!

himani0118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages himani0118
himani0118 wrote:Y'know...
Since we're all assuming our own opinions reflect the community on Woot's opinions, I'm gonna give this a go.

There are tons of woot shirts on black, white, and asphalt, colors that I don't particularly like for tshirts. White gets too dirty and reminds me of going to funerals, asphalt is just boring and as for black *hurl*, I just plain don't like that color unless the design is really working it. I'm glad that the woot-off is getting a splash of color for once. If you don't like the yellow, don't vote, its that simple. Really.

Just because you like apple pie doesn't mean you shouldn't have blueberry pie. Sure, apple pie may be your favorite, but blueberry pie is dang delicious.

Aaaand of course I forget to add the most important thing... D'uh! I love this shirt, and it totally has my vote. Great choice in colors Radio!! It's springtime! :D

MOAR PURPLE SHIRTS!!!

chunkydesign

Re: All You Need Is Love - Waveform

Although I really like the graphical aspect of sound waveforms, and even used it in both my submissions to this derby, just putting one on a t-shirt without any kind of concept or reference behind it, doesn´t seem to work as a good design to me, and I´m a bit surprised to see this getting so many votes...

Drewcey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drewcey
Re: The Dueling Notes: Fire vs Ice

I really like the colors, style, and idea. But there is one huge thing that is keeping it from getting my vote. I really just can't get past the Ice image. It's just a reverse image of the treble clef and it's incorrect. Would be cooler if the Ice was an image of the Bass clef. The fire would then represent the higher/hot notes. And the Ice would represent the lower/cold notes. Could find another way to make it work as well. Either way, I feel that others beside myself will have a similar issue with the design if left as is. Just my opinion. Good Luck!

chunkydesign

Re: Audio Inspiration

Nice illustration, but I think the sizing between the elements could be better balanced. The headphones are too big regarding the rest of the composition...

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: The Dueling Notes: Fire vs Ice

Neat design, but the gradients will get it rejected. you might changes those to bigger halftones and resub this before Woot does rejections today.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ramyb wrote:I can never tell if people are just trying to be obnoxious in making comments about anatomy on a picture like this, or if you truly believe that I think that people have 4 teeth and no bottom jaw. And either way, your comment especially doesn't make sense, because you don't go to a doctor to have him tell you about your body proportions or to change the size of the nasal cavity in your skull. Either way though, if you are legitimately concerned, know that you may rest at ease for a while because I'm still an undergrad.

Well, ramy, I wasn't kidding when I said that it just looked weird to me, that the person the skull belongs to wouldn't look cute at all, just freakish.
I'm really not concerned about you being in med school- you certainly have the relentlessness that the med students all have, the drive. Whether you have the ability to memorize, and take the criticisms that will come is not something visible from an online t-shirt contest, but you sure get a lot of guppy from people, and only occasionally do you blow up; I wish I were better at that. You're "still an undergrad", but someone posted a link to your dorm room a while back, and it was from 3 years ago, so you must be about to graduate- good luck with your interviews, and I certainly wouldn't be reticent about pointing out the success you've had doing this, the interviewers really like to see evidence that their students can be successful and versatile, and aren't just memorizing machines.

As far as the design goes, it is certainly on-topic. Apparently it is original enough that woot ain't gonna reject it, though they've rejected things far less similar than that pirate skull with headphones picture that someone posted.
I despise the style, as you probably know, but it sure works. luck to you.

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
Re: Drifting Note

I like the shirt but the placement kills it for me. The bottoms of my shirts tend to bunch up around my waist and the design would never be seen.

Static0923

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Static0923
jackiebot wrote:I would dig this a lot more if it wasn't on yellow.

I will have to submit one with different colors to see if it works better.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: songbird

just practicing on my cintiq. a better title for this would be "whats in a song".

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
CaboLH wrote:were you in a room all by yourself with no other possible inspiration when you thought of this? It is fabulous!

I was! I'm glad you like it... I felt like a bit of a dumbo submitting it.

ChefRAZ

Re: songbird

a link to extra large view.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ChefRAZ wrote:a link to extra large view.

Yknow, with "no text" in bold, it really distracts most people from really UNDERSTANDING the theme. And anyone who really understood the theme would know that it only meant "it would be bold if you tried this with no text." Ironically, that makes you the boldest this week, as you saw through it and realized that text WAS still allowed, in spirit. Bravo.

ChefRAZ

Re: who sings that song?

oops.. a quick resubmit. i had text on the first one.
link to large pic.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
arcsus wrote:This is what I figured out after some lurking: There seems to be a very strange "war" between databit and "infobyte". They seem to be trying to out-nice each other. Bizarre. Although, it may be all just some grand scheme by databit so he has an excuse to post more. Either way, the creator is fully expecting this to get rejected.

I for one hope this battle is like Highlander where there can be only one. Maybe whoever has the highest ranked shirt gets to stay and the loser either gets beheaded as the other absorbs their powers or has to change their login name. Either way works fine for me!

emp1346

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emp1346
re: coming down your block

is that... blood splatter?

...maybe it's just delicious sorbet...

but it looks like it could be blood splatter...

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
IncurableHumanist wrote:c'mon! fog you glorious son of a hot tamale! fog!

Wah! Get in there! :D

Send reinforcements!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

wallyrit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wallyrit
goldenponies wrote:I tried to think of where this little bumblebee would carry his bow. So my conclusion was that he has a collapsible one that is stashed safely inside his satchel. One can never "Bee" too careful with musical instruments! Thanks for the post. : )

With six hands one of them could have carried the bow!

floodshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages floodshark
Re: Music is Life

I love it. I do have to agree with others that the ipod is the only real downside, however, I think its subtle enough that it doesn't really detract from the overall feel of the art. Great job.

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
ribbit1122 wrote:Which university? I'm a former Techie myself; that's why I was so excited to see the U.P. (and even Isle Royale) included as part of MI. Many people forget that MI has two parts. It's good to know at least one other wooter knows about the U.P. :D

lolll I got to Kettering down in Flint, my dad went to Northern in Marquette though, yahh michanders unite! lol

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Plarsonjr wrote:I really dont get it?!?!?!

Your new and don't understand that when Monday rolls around 2 artist(who are a couple) will have a full third of all Woot's shirt offerings(Almost half if you don't count the shirts that will be reconned) all in this same style. If you'd have asked if this was possible a year ago, then you'd have got responses claiming that you are crazy.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

SeraphSix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SeraphSix
IndependentVik wrote:Ah, ok, I was wondering if anyone else thought they looked like that, too. Cute design, Boots.

Yep, definitely yarnbirds :D
Very cool, BootsBoots!

SeraphSix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SeraphSix
Re: One Note Wonder

In my humble opinion, I think that you should have used a tiger. Nobody uses tigers anymore.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Wistera wrote:This is ridiculously immature.

NUH-UH!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Unplugged

I think woot ought to reject everything with more votes than this just to make sure it gets printed as a derby winner. Far and away the best entry in the derby this week. many weeks.

wtoods17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wtoods17
rcf22 wrote:Humorous shirt, and it GMV, but it's notated poorly:

You'll never see two dotted eight's barred together like that. Rather, you should have written it as a dotted eighth, then a sixteenth tied to another eighth note. Also, since the 3rd note in the full measure begins on an up beat, it should be written as an eighth tied to a quarter. The math is correct how you did it, it just looks awkward, not how true music would be written.

< /knitpicking>

Really, it should be barred as a quarter note triplet tied to another quarter note

NYCope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYCope

This is an AWESOME shirt! I want one! Nice job!

twofoottail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twofoottail
Teknikas wrote:Awesome shirt design, my favorite of this derby!

Thank you all for your votes and kind comments! I am kind of new at this and so it is really exciting to see that people actually like it!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: The Musical Matrix

Stellardig, I can't believe you thought this was an original idea. Especially since Fable made this months ago.

To me, the rabbit isn't enough to make it different from Fable's version.

peasgoodnonsuch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peasgoodnonsuch
Re: It's a Von Trapp!

I really like the concept, but some of it's a bit unclear. Perhaps using an image of the Egyptian god Re would have been better instead of a drippy sun? Although then you'd lose the song reference.
And can someone please explain how the last one is Ti?

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Anthony3419 wrote:Did I tell you that I really like this? This probably won't get printed here, but keep us posted on where you sub it next. Sorry to be a bubble buster. I am in 8th and have been since day one. I am not going to take a trip to the fog anytime soon.

Yes! Please let us know were you decide to place you design again.

I really would like to buy one, and some for my Family and Friends too. I keep passing over it and looking at on how clever you put this together. Way to Damn Cool!!!

Music is the one thing I adore and this design says it All.