dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
peasgoodnonsuch wrote:I really like the concept, but some of it's a bit unclear. Perhaps using an image of the Egyptian god Re would have been better instead of a drippy sun? Although then you'd lose the song reference.
And can someone please explain how the last one is Ti?

It's a tea bag =]

gee2thek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gee2thek
Anthony3419 wrote:I am referencing a color scheme from one of my "OWN" past designs. How is that considered "unoriginal"? If you bothered to check both the current entry and the past one you would notice that no 2 elements are the same, they are completly different from one another. The "style" used is called grunge. The color scheme is the same however and that is what makes you think it is the same.

Now just FYI, I know the grunge style well enough to tell you that my pieces are original. Like a fingerprint, there are no 2 alike. But thank you for your observation.

Did you bother to read the comments above this one? I kinda explained this already.

I wouldn't purchase anything from your collection simply because I can't stand how arrogant you sound in your defensive replies.

--- Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: The Pucker Power Trio

I have to agree with the masses and say this is by far the best and most wearable pucker yet. Maybe one day soon puckers time will come...

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
chunkydesign wrote:Nice illustration, but I think the sizing between the elements could be better balanced. The headphones are too big regarding the rest of the composition...

I was going for perspective. The appearance that the turntable was down below and further away.

scuzzmaster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scuzzmaster11

am i the only one that thinks this is a cute parody of that famous old black sabbath tune? . . . . . "Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?". that's really tommy in there!

Anthony3419

gee2thek wrote:I wouldn't purchase anything from your collection simply because I can't stand how arrogant you sound in your defensive replies.

I can understand that. I don't mean to sound arrogant. It's just that I was getting hammered for little things. I will try harder throughout..Thanks

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
JadenKale wrote:Stellardig, I can't believe you thought this was an original idea. Especially since Fable made this months ago.

To me, the rabbit isn't enough to make it different from Fable's version.

That derby does appear to be about 10 derbies before stellardig appeared here, though. It isn't really a surprise that he didn't know about it. It is a concern that woot hasn't rejected it though. I'm sure that Fable wouldn't be happy if other artists continue re-entering similar designs to hers that weren't printed. Same with anyone else...

yogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yogs
Re: Sounds like Treble

I see that there is noticeable favoritism for the G Clef...but what about the subtle quarter rest? Doesn't it deserve some love also? Anyway, good luck. I would much rather seeing this concept win over the others -OK, I am a little biased to the idea behind the design

jeffreywolfeherbst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreywolfeherbst
Re: Death of The Music Man

As usual, amazing. As usual, not as many votes as you deserve.

jeffreywolfeherbst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreywolfeherbst
Re: The Last Song

Same to say here,

As usual, amazing. As usual, not as many votes as you deserve.

btom14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btom14
Re: Music is Life

awesome.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

When I first saw this design I realized that it was a shoo-in for 1st place in this derby.

When I checked back today and noticed it had been re-submitted, I figured it was one of those cases where the artist decides to improve the design slightly based on comment feedback. I was shocked to find out that anyone would have thought the design was off-theme.

It is difficult for me to imagine someone (under 40) looking at this shirt and not immediately "getting" that it's a music pirate.

In any case, great design. It will be a pretty lame move IMO if Woot rejects it again.

immortalight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages immortalight
re: pandora's note

Very nice! I like how you've used so many musical elements. Every time I look at it I see something else.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
yogs wrote:I see that there is noticeable favoritism for the G Clef...but what about the subtle quarter rest? Doesn't it deserve some love also? Anyway, good luck. I would much rather seeing this concept win over the others -OK, I am a little biased to the idea behind the design

Thanks for the good luck! I'm fond of your design as well, it's very well compiled to define the shape.

Our common theme, many little pieces coming together to make one common whole, is an idea I quite enjoy.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
grayehound wrote:On a side note, you can still buy a few of the large and smaller sizes of this same idea on threadless.

It slightly shocks me this hasn't been rejected for being too similar, I've seen shirts on here that are less similar to another shirt yet get rejected because it has a similar "artistic idea".

Notably, this one also by ramyb, rejected because it was too similar to this.

ramy's Mayflower Mayhem was clearly executed much better, but it was still rejected due to similarities.

Food for thought.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29900]Guitar

Nice idea, but it needs a shirt template.

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

Xanzibar

Re: Garage Band

Awesome idea and well executed. GMV!!

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: I Know Why the Caged Bird Was Singing

Its a shame its not doing better.
But you've got my vote, if it makes you feel any better.

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Unplugged

YAY!! ROBOTS!!!

What is this?

davengvar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davengvar
Re: AIR GUITAR

It's too big and placed too high up - the guitar neck is placed on the shoulder - for me to vote for it, but I like the overall design. I also prefer the colors in this version.

The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime.

Anthony3419

Re: Cold Blast for a Hot Riff!

Cool perspective.

davengvar

Drewcey wrote:Would be cooler if the Ice was an image of the Bass clef. The fire would then represent the higher/hot notes. And the Ice would represent the lower/cold notes.

Oooh I like that idea.

The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Pipe Organ

Wow this is a very fluid design... beautiful flow to the entire piece. GMV

davengvar

Re: Audio Inspiration

I like this design - good color, textures, composition. I will say though that the size of the headphones bothers me (they're too big).

davengvar

Love the design, ideas, colors, the way it was executed, the details - good job.

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
re: let go

Here's a hint, lads: we ladies LOVE a secure man.

If yellow looks good on you, wear yellow. If you like bright colors, wear them. Anyone who makes a stupid assumption based on the color of your shirt isn't worth your time anyway.

And, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like brain-bashingly masculine shirts don't get the insinuations that they aren't worthy of woot like the borderline feminine ones do. If a feminine shirt alienates half the population, a masculine one does the same. Are women supposed to branch out and wear the bloody, gory, buggy, skully monstrosities we see around here, yet no dudes can man up to yellow?

/end gender rant.

davengvar

Re: Listening

I think the center placement is way better than the off-to-the-side design you have on the gray shirt. I miss the eyelashes though! Oh well, can't make everyone happy ... still, beautiful, simple design.

hangt3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hangt3

ILOVE$ IT!

itsbeth

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29901]Guitar

This will probably get rejected for celebrity likeness, but it gave me a laugh.

The concept has been done (http://www.goapeshirts.com/products/022/) but the addition of the Millennium-Falconesque shape to the base of the guitar is a nice touch.

arcsus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
Re: Cold Blast for a Hot Riff!

I reeaaaaally like this - but am a bit confused about the significance of the swirls at the top the design. Still....gmv for pure originality and skill. I love the perspective looking down the guitar neck.

itsbeth

Re: It's a Von Trapp!

"Fa, a long long way to run" is perhaps the stupidest song lyric in all of musical history.

But I dig the shirt, though I think the image for mi/me could be better, especially since most of the images refer to the song lyrics themselves - a person/figure pointing to himself would work better than the state (though I'd let it slide for La, because you can't really show it as 'a note to follow sol'). I'd also change the tea bag to a teacup, personally.

Fun concept.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
mitchellp wrote:I for one hope this battle is like Highlander where there can be only one. Maybe whoever has the highest ranked shirt gets to stay and the loser either gets beheaded as the other absorbs their powers or has to change their login name. Either way works fine for me!

The one I submitted has not been rejected... Does that make me winner?

Oh, wait... what war?
We worked together on these.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit

Double post happens.

skiingyeti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiingyeti
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29901]Guitar

Sweet shirt!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
itsbeth wrote:Here's a hint, lads: we ladies LOVE a secure man.

If yellow looks good on you, wear yellow. If you like bright colors, wear them. Anyone who makes a stupid assumption based on the color of your shirt isn't worth your time anyway.

And, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like brain-bashingly masculine shirts don't get the insinuations that they aren't worthy of woot like the borderline feminine ones do. If a feminine shirt alienates half the population, a masculine one does the same. Are women supposed to branch out and wear the bloody, gory, buggy, skully monstrosities we see around here, yet no dudes can man up to yellow?

/end gender rant.

consider the printed derby shirts.
while there are a few masculine shirts on woot, they are a huge minority.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Xanzibar wrote:Its a shame its not doing better.
But you've got my vote, if it makes you feel any better.

Haha, thanks. I'm not heartbroken, I was working on an entry for another site and spent about a half hour or so on this one. I didn't expect much out of it to begin with, so having less than 30 votes is no biggie. I did expect people to get it right away, but I guess I missed the mark on that one.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
itsbeth wrote:"Fa, a long long way to run" is perhaps the stupidest song lyric in all of musical history.

But I dig the shirt, though I think the image for mi/me could be better, especially since most of the images refer to the song lyrics themselves - a person/figure pointing to himself would work better than the state (though I'd let it slide for La, because you can't really show it as 'a note to follow sol'). I'd also change the tea bag to a teacup, personally.

Fun concept.

I couldn't use the pointing b/c that is sign language... it would have gotten rejected. Thanks =]

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444
koronae wrote:There certainly are other artists that cash in on the cute theme here. Sekiyoku for instance. Both of them usually end up in the fog as well. Having multiple cute shirts win is fairly disappointing for me, as I generally won't buy them. When it comes to style, nobody is style locked. If you look up any information on Ramy and see the art he did before he started his anime styled art, you'd be surprised. It's actually very good and artistic. He is very capable as an artist, but it's pretty obvious he cashes in on his ability to do cute anime styled stuff. I don't see a problem with telling an artist that I'd be more inclined to buy their work if it was different. I also think comparing graphic art and illustration to music is a bit unfair, as an extremely defined style in music is what tends to make bands very successful. In art, being able to do different styles is pretty beneficial.

As for not having anything nice to say, I clearly did. Go back and reread my comment. I did say I liked the concept and coloring, but it was the cute factor that didn't work for me. I think it's sort of rude to tell people not to give their opinions just because they are unpopular.

QFT

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Guitar Solo

Ahaha!!! No.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Dammit you're going to make me buy another shirt of yours!!! STOP!