mkdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkdesign

right on... I had the same thought on the size/ placement after submitting them ...and thanks for the tip on the images.. it did make it look a little crapptlicious.. I will do better next time... honest :D

Thanks so much for your comments..

yogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yogs
masterkraig wrote:It slightly shocks me this hasn't been rejected for being too similar, I've seen shirts on here that are less similar to another shirt yet get rejected because it has a similar "artistic idea".

Notably, this one also by ramyb, rejected because it was too similar to this.

ramy's Mayflower Mayhem was clearly executed much better, but it was still rejected due to similarities.

Food for thought.

I totally understand that different people can have the same idea when it comes to a particular theme, hence the reason why I didn't scream bloody murder when I saw your design and run quickly to tattle. People are to busy trying to get their designs done and posted, rather than checking the derby constantly to see if anyone else had a similar idea. It is only those who purposefully see someone else's idea and "copy" it that pose a problem. But even then, if they can feel good at night knowing they did that, well then fate will intervine at some point.

mkdesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkdesign
qdibble wrote:I like this color scheme better. It's simple and easier on the eyes. Nice design. GMV.

....and I thank you kindly :P

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I like the graphic... it's just a bit too big for my teeshirt wearing tastes. Good idea though!

cryoftheraincrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryoftheraincrow
rabbitjr wrote:I like the shirt but the placement kills it for me. The bottoms of my shirts tend to bunch up around my waist and the design would never be seen.

Well if theres enough demand for it, moving it is no problem by me. I was actuallly considering having it in the upper right corner of the shirt but didn't want to do that again cuz I did that last derby.

http://raindess.deviantart.com/

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I do like the subtle coloring, and the blockiness... very nice.

undertow976

quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976
Re: Sounds like Treble

As a former band geek, I will need this shirt!

CaboLH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaboLH

Thread hijack.

Can anyone tell me what Woot was first offering as 'prize' monies when they initially opened? And the time line for the progression of change?

Many thanks.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29901]Guitar

I know I shouldn't, but I couldn't help but vote for this

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
CaboLH wrote:Thread hijack.

Can anyone tell me what Woot was first offering as 'prize' monies when they initially opened? And the time line for the progression of change?

Many thanks.

$200, then $500 by about october, and eventually $1000, where it has remained for about a year.

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason
Re: Sounds like Treble

this is a great design...rooting for you in the fog...

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: Music Will Set You Free

wow +30 votes over night! awesome!

gone!

goldenponies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenponies
achickta wrote:this is really cute.

Thank you for your post : )

goldenponies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenponies
wallyrit wrote:With six hands one of them could have carried the bow!

That is very true! He'll have to remember that on his next flight... : )

alyshin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alyshin
Re: Transmission: Radio Star

i LOVE this one!!!!! I'm a radio dj and i would wear this to work everyday. two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

KUClerks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29901]Guitar

Saw the other one that's similar, but this one rocks. I'm not even a particular fan of star wars, but I definitely have been harboring a crush on Harrison Ford for some years... GMV

amscray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amscray
jasneko wrote:I like this, but where is the violin's bow?

It's not a violin, it's a cello...and I didn't really think it needed a bow. it would have just been lying on the ground next to it.

amscray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amscray
kevout wrote:While I'm sure this won't make the top 3, I have to say that I love it. My dad and older brother are both low brass players (sousaphone, baritone, tuba - they do it all), and I started off on the cello, so this shirt would be absolutely perfect for us. Kudos!

lol there has always been this band vs orchestra rivalry, at least for me...this just brings that to mind for me

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
databit wrote:The one I submitted has not been rejected... Does that make me winner?

Oh, wait... what war?
We worked together on these.

If "Don't Fret" stays ahead of all of Infobyte's shirt ideas, then "yes" you win.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Shenorock wrote:Riffmaster's best shirt since crystalize! Huzzah, got my 10 bucks!

thanks! it looks like this one is a pretty distant 4th place but the support means a lot!

speaking of crystallize, I'm probably going to print that in the next week or two

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
Re: Where's Everybody Going? (resubmitted)

I like the changes, and the shirt color. It just gives it a more polished look I feel. Hopefully you at least get your old votes back. And yeah, definatly keep in mind clever uses of all 6 colors on future shirts. (Even if you want minimal color, try using a color for shading etc.)

Favs

rheemansum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rheemansum

this one is sweet.
i hope it makes the top 3

thekammerjammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thekammerjammer
Re: Soothing Raindrops

I love this shirt! It reminds me of the book Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
AdderXYU wrote:thankfully for those who don't give a Gigli (2003) about how cool one is, no one who listens to music in any form would find this shirt cool. It's a match made in heaven.

how do you know no1 listens to music in all forms, he might have an ipod. but cerealy I don't like this one the most. doesn't say music to me says grass growing by some thow away headphones.

ChefRAZ

Re: Music Pirate (resub)

love pirates , hate this design. I want to tell people I love music, not steal it.

gymst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymst

if it were really an apple endorsement, the headphones would certainly be white.

That link is HILAAAARIOUS!!!

wizzdingo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wizzdingo
Re: Where's Everybody Going? (resubmitted)

Oh, and you MIGHT want to consider adding your design to you Sig. Which can be found under "My Account"

The format goes something like this:

<><><>Please Vote
<><><>

For this design:

Please Vote

:just copy and paste that.

Favs

ChefRAZ

Re: Let go

man, I don't like anything in the fog now please people. unvote so the good stuf can make it in.

ChefRAZ

Re: Electronica

yuk already .

arcsus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
ChefRAZ wrote:love pirates , hate this design. I want to tell people I love music, not steal it.

Yay, finally someone I can agree with! Well said.

EDIT: I just saw another one. Good to know I'm not the only one that feels that way. Thanks!

dijin wrote:I'm not a fan of pirates nor do I want people misinterpreting that I like to pirate music nor do I like the ipod in the design. So not for me.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
gymst wrote:if it were really an apple endorsement, the headphones would certainly be white.

That link is HILAAAARIOUS!!!

That link is prime real estate for backing up pretty much my every last comment about woot's customer base.

copykatz09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copykatz09
Re: Raindrops Keep Fallin'

... I'm not really digging how the "rain" just suddenly comes from one chunk of the staff... wish it was blended better
other than that, it is fantastic!

KUClerks

Anthony3419 wrote:Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?

Thanks for you comment and your vote. You have mine as well.

Look again.

Lol, The Matrix was the second DVD I had that I obsesively watched over and over again. It was only second to Bring It On. Lollll.

As for the design, I wish I had thought of it first! It's simply yet it captures a large audience. GMV!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I like the concept, and the figures are clean and appealing, but the grey spots? I don't get their role in the picture, and the 'squared' sides of the one bottom right is distracting.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KUClerks

Re: Music is My Rainbow

I think this is super cute.

KUClerks

riffmaster18 wrote:I quite enjoy making electronic music, this is inspired by the creation from software to speakers. The city outline is Detroit, home of one of the biggest electronic music festivals in the world.

The reason I like electronic music so much is that it transcends what people assume is techno... we find it in everything from Dance to Hip Hop to Indie to Metal and everything in between.

DEMF heck yeah! I went to WEMF last year.

CarlosFlys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarlosFlys
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=29887]flight of the

!!!!!!!!!!WANT!!!!!!!!!!

I try to play violin, and I raise honeybees.

I Repeat: WANT!!!!

CarlosFlys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarlosFlys
jasneko wrote:Hey great change but... no violin bow?

She could easily use one of her antenna as a bow!

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: Music is My Rainbow

this is rather lovely!

gone!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
re: frog mosh!

In two months, this will definetly get reupped on another shirt site... such a pitiful showing this week. I much more prefer topics that aren't so generic and over-used. Half of therse designs could have easily been created forever ago. I like a theme that you know people where scrambling to create something (off the cuff) and within 24-48 hours... Not something created in a visual commications class, etc.