anmllover86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anmllover86
Stellardig wrote:Yes! Please let us know were you decide to place you design again.

I really would like to buy one, and some for my Family and Friends too. I keep passing over it and looking at on how clever you put this together. Way to Damn Cool!!!

Music is the one thing I adore and this design says it All.

I agree,

Hvoltage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hvoltage
Re: Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

I really wish this would win...

Be excellent to each other

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
dijin wrote:I agree that you sounded arrogant. But I am surprised at your response because well, I thought it would be arrogant. Props for your respectful response.

Well, Thanks

goldenponies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenponies
CarlosFlys wrote:She could easily use one of her antenna as a bow!

Thanks very much for your post. It is a nice compliment, especially when coming from both a Musician AND Bee Keeper!

Anthony3419

Teknikas wrote:This shirt is way better than all the ones voted above it...I would wear this shirt for sure. Don't worry about the losers saying negative stuff, this design is cool

Well, I think I will have to change my style a bit. I got a lot of flack this week for it. I am not bitter or anything I just want to get a woot shirt printed before 2046.. Cheers!

anitka6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anitka6
Re: Raindrops Keep Fallin'

this is so awesome! if only it got more votes! i'd definitely buy this one! color and placement is excellent!

Shpleeurnck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shpleeurnck
Welchesgod wrote:what a bamf

I agree 78657837657796947474%.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Rock what you got

Man! That's one inky guitar! ;)

anitka6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anitka6
Re: Let go

This is the best shirt from the entire derby. Well done! =]

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
JadenKale wrote:Stellardig, I can't believe you thought this was an original idea. Especially since Fable made this months ago.

To me, the rabbit isn't enough to make it different from Fable's version.

JadenKale,

You can go ahead and think what you want to think... I probably will never change your mind and that is fine. I can see how pointed of an accusation you are trying to make with your comment. At least get the facts straight if you are going to make a comment like this. Notice-- I was not even on Woot at that time and I would think you would have at least researched that much, as you have dug through past derbies to come up with this. Doing anything "Matrix" is honestly never going to be 100% original re-done by anyone.... Fable or I, or any designer for that matter other than the creator. I will at least say this, this design is my take on it.. it is my own down to the little white rabbit added for kicks and giggles.

To Fable where ever you are, I am sorry. I did not steal your design, I did not even know it existed. Had I known I would have done something completely different. My statement before in my previous post here explained that music is code to me... immediate thought string took me here, Matrix. Simple as that...

Great minds Fable, great minds.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: Fairy of Music

It's Wednesday, (Yeah I know, I am posting this on Tuesday, but you are likely reading it on Wednesday or later) and it is time once again for the Great but Late list.

Scoot on over to the blog and check it out. That is if you want to.

databit

Re: Fairy of Music

Love the fairy... GMV.

Anthony3419

Re: Electronica

I am kinda disappointed that this fell out. I was in for one for sure. This is my kind of shirt.

databit

Re: Electric Essence

It's Wednesday, (Yeah I know, I am posting this on Tuesday, but you are likely reading it on Wednesday or later) and it is time once again for the Great but Late list.

databit

Re: Till Death do we ROCK...

Anthony3419

Re: Pandora's Note

I just reached 420 votes. Wheres the Dorito's? Shhhhhh.....

databit

Re: Playing (with) Music [Take2]

databit

Re: Brown Note

databit

Re: Wizard Guitar Duel

databit

Re: Toy Soldier with a guitar!

databit

Re: The Musical Matrix

databit

Re: I Love Music

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
AdderXYU wrote:This was March 16th, 2009. Not even half a month ago. Guess those two weeks without a win really hurt.

LOMFL LOMFL

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon
maverickprowls wrote:Could you possibly re-score this for humming?

You hum it I'll, er, score it?

mrgodly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgodly

amazing

Anthony3419

Re: Don't Fret

Hey, I just voted for this. Just FYI. I kinda like it..

Anthony3419

Re: Rock what you got

The guitar need color, but I still like it +1 from me..

Anthony3419

Re: Electric Essence

Okay, check it out. I think that this had serious potential if it were submitted on Friday or Saturday and was on a different shirt color and if you spice up the background a bit and if we could see a larger image.whheeeeew.....that's a lot of and's I know. Either way it has potential.

Anthony3419

Re: OTHERS ARE OBSOLETE

I just noticed this...You got my vote for sure. I love your use of contrasting colors.

CooGarn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CooGarn

I just love this. And I agree with Ryan, red would be cooool, with the design in white :P Either way, g'luck!

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
CSMatt wrote:I disagree. Very much of art is about interpretation. That's why so many people say art is anything.

So Ramy tends to take a theme and step outside the proverbial box? How is that out of theme? Woot intentionally doesn't constrain their artists that much so they allow for creativity. I see headphones, music notes, a music bandanna(which no one would wear unless they're really into music), and a life/death theme.

Looks on topic to me. Of course I first look at the theme, scope out the submissions, and then look closely at designs. If I can say to myself, "Yea I could see the theme." Then I'm set.

grayehound wrote:Aren't themes open to artistic interpretation, or does every design have to fall within a narrow interpretation of The Law to satisfy the critics? Artists, by nature, look for the edges of acceptable and push on it to see how far things can go. I kinda doubt this design is an overt attempt to do that, it's more a re-purposing of a prior design to fit in the theme, but it still challenges what the theme is about and that's not a bad thing. Judging that this design isn't "on topic" is just silly, but then again we aren't the ones to make that judgement, are we?.

First of all, Adder I am sorry for doubting you on the multiple accounts thing. More and more it is looking like you're right. Please accept my apologies.

CSMatt, art isn't anything and anybody who says so doesn't know what art is. While art may be subjective, it is not all encompassing. (For example, this post is not art.) Stepping out of the box (as you put it) is not off theme nor should it be immediate cause for rejection. Rather, the tenuous hold onto the theme is what should be cause for rejection. Subtle references aside, awkwardly slapping music notation into an already worked piece is not on theme. And I'll be honest, I don't see how "a life/death theme" fits in with music, but that could just be beyond me.

grayehound, most of what I could have said to you I just said to CSMatt, so please apply it accordingly. Instead, I'd like to address a bigger issue. This design isn't art. It may look a lot like the art that you and I have come to know and love, but it isn't it. It is a poor imitation of art. It strives to say something (anything!), but ultimately it is just mildly interesting to look at (and even that is pushing it). This can best be described as a graphic design. Something done purely for profit. There is no message to be gleaned. It's just there to be looked at. Maybe if you have enough people look at it while you wear it, they'll think you're clever (but I doubt that). But nobody will think you're wearing art.

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
Anthony3419 wrote:Did I tell you that I really like this? This probably won't get printed here, but keep us posted on where you sub it next. Sorry to be a bubble buster. I am in 8th and have been since day one. I am not going to take a trip to the fog anytime soon.

Yes, you did leave me a quick compliment before Anthony Thank you! I know the competition is tough here and we are up against some great contenders. I am just really please I made it this far as should you. Our designs are pretty awesome in my opinion... but that is just me and the votes speak for themselves. Maybe if it weren't for me having to get the taxes done I could have submitted something sooner but, you know the Government works real hard for their money. LOL! Either way I we had a great round on this derby didn't we!?!

DorkKnight27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DorkKnight27
Re: High Fidelity

wow, i love it. this style is always what i'm looking for in shirts. i wish i had designed it to print myself. oh well, best way to get it is vote and pray. gmv

HarlequinHeart

Re: Pandora's Note

I am your vote 428. Sorry I am late.. crusin' around the site sometimes gets me lost in post readings. LOL, so addicting! I thought I was here before and left a comment with vote. Your design is damn good, damn good! You have serious skills Anthony. Rock on with your bad self!

HarlequinHeart

anmllover86 wrote:I agree,

Really!?! You guys like it that much? You think it would go as well somewhere else? Hmmm... giving me ideas now you know. LOL!
Keep and eye on my signature you might just see that I have? Dun, dun, dun, dun... to be continued.

istealfrombums

quality posts: 0 Private Messages istealfrombums

I want this!

mirlyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirlyn
theghotiman wrote:First of all, Adder I am sorry for doubting you on the multiple accounts thing. More and more it is looking like you're right. Please accept my apologies.

CSMatt, art isn't anything and anybody who says so doesn't know what art is. While art may be subjective, it is not all encompassing. (For example, this post is not art.) Stepping out of the box (as you put it) is not off theme nor should it be immediate cause for rejection. Rather, the tenuous hold onto the theme is what should be cause for rejection. Subtle references aside, awkwardly slapping music notation into an already worked piece is not on theme. And I'll be honest, I don't see how "a life/death theme" fits in with music, but that could just be beyond me.

grayehound, most of what I could have said to you I just said to CSMatt, so please apply it accordingly. Instead, I'd like to address a bigger issue. This design isn't art. It may look a lot like the art that you and I have come to know and love, but it isn't it. It is a poor imitation of art. It strives to say something (anything!), but ultimately it is just mildly interesting to look at (and even that is pushing it). This can best be described as a graphic design. Something done purely for profit. There is no message to be gleaned. It's just there to be looked at. Maybe if you have enough people look at it while you wear it, they'll think you're clever (but I doubt that). But nobody will think you're wearing art.

Art is in the eye of the beholder. If I look at the shirt and view it as artistic, then it is art. There are many definitions of art and this definitely fits into one. I personally don't find catsup splattered all over a wall in a gallery artistic but someone does - and they call it art. Graphic design is art and that is why art institutes such as SCAD offer graphic design programs? KWIM?

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
Re: Music Pirate (resub)

maybe someone has answered this already, but what's with the hat?

KaylaJ

Re: Music Pirate (resub)

and since it won't let me edit, anyone else think it looks like the punisher?

KaylaJ

rmpletcher wrote:Are you going to Scarborough Fair
"robot voice" PARSLEY SAGE ROSEMARY AND TIME hah

glad i'm not the only one who thought that.