HarlequinHeart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
databit wrote:It's Wednesday, (Yeah I know, I am posting this on Tuesday, but you are likely reading it on Wednesday or later) and it is time once again for the Great but Late list.

Scoot on over to the blog and check it out. That is if you want to.



Thanks for the add on the Great but Late list.. I posted a message there on your blog too

HarlequinHeart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
Re: Don't Fret



LOL! Data you are crazy! I think you need to get a whole series of these t-shirt w/ tie designs going. Maybe call it your Tie-Shirt collection line. Hee hee hee, I know I am a nerd and I am totally dorking out over here now but so what! it's fun -

HarlequinHeart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
masterkraig wrote:Very clever use of not text!



Who is the clever one? Foggin' for days over there aren't ya!?! Well you got a vote from me too so to all the 4 in the top blocks, May the best Man/Woman win!

chade2001


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: Take Me for Spin



this looks like a nice design!

gone!

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
treebirdoctopus wrote:Agreed.
I don't see the appeal. It's so generic.



it's more wearable then anything else in the fog right now.

chunkydesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Anthony3419 wrote:Okay, check it out. I think that this had serious potential if it were submitted on Friday or Saturday and was on a different shirt color and if you spice up the background a bit and if we could see a larger image.whheeeeew.....that's a lot of and's I know. Either way it has potential.



Agreed... This is one of those designs that leaves you thinking that with some more work put on it, could really turn into something good. Altough is hard to tell, without seeing a larger image of the design.

chunkydesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
databit wrote:It's Wednesday, (Yeah I know, I am posting this on Tuesday, but you are likely reading it on Wednesday or later) and it is time once again for the Great but Late list.

Scoot on over to the blog and check it out. That is if you want to.



Thnaks for putting my design on your blog. I left a comment there...

Morrigon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Morrigon
Re: High Fidelity



I like it. You might get more votes if it were a bit more steampunky though. You're going in a great direction with the zeppelin and the phonograph-esque speaker out the top, would you consider doing one with a more Victorian-industrial landscape underneath?

mybell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
Re: Jam Session!



Mom, I'm going to a Jammy party at Cindy's.

andr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andr
re: shirtroll'd



A more complete version i guess, jowever harder to hum: http://xkcd.com/389/

DJ9975


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975

I hate to be the (apparently) difficult person, but...meh...not my cup o' tea. I personally can't see why it is so popular. My daughter might like it though.

neg2led


quality posts: 0 Private Messages neg2led

want so hard

masterkraig


quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Unplugged



I see this shirt and think "Robot Rock" by Daft Punk :P

Fantastic use of texture btw!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mirlyn wrote:Art is in the eye of the beholder. If I look at the shirt and view it as artistic, then it is art. There are many definitions of art and this definitely fits into one. I personally don't find catsup splattered all over a wall in a gallery artistic but someone does - and they call it art. Graphic design is art and that is why art institutes such as SCAD offer graphic design programs? KWIM?



"art is subjective" is the only argument more abused at this site than "the customer is always right". Both are true to a point. But both are untrue past a point. There are limits to everything.

I will postulate that once art exists ONLY for mass production, it stops being art. Full stop. And you can tell the difference. Every shirt here is up for voting in hopes of making a profit off of it, but there is a distinct difference between wanting to make money off your art, and wanting to make art for money. And the latter is NEVER art. I don't care how much you love it. I don't care how many you buy. It is not art. Art needs to come from passion and creativity and honesty. These are concepts with real definitions... art has a real definition... and some things will fall outside it and never be it, no matter how much you argue, just like, no matter how much you argue, you won't be able to exchange an opened CD for a brand new one, unless you are getting another, non-defective copy of the opened one. Or black iPod buds.

KUClerks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
alyshin wrote:i LOVE this one!!!!! I'm a radio dj and i would wear this to work everyday. two very enthusiastic thumbs up!



thank you thank you! I'm trying to get into radio myself so that's nice to hear!

KUClerks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KUClerks
sleepingin wrote:Hey, I'm digging the subdued color scheme on your shirt. I would wear this. The feeling that I'm getting from this shirt is glam rock for the recession age, which works pretty good imo.





hahaha that is hilarious, ahah I feel ya. thank you!

parrotworks


quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Toy Soldier with a guitar!



It would probably be too subtle for the average woot voter but I think this would be AWESOME in all green!

itsbeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
Josephus wrote:consider the printed derby shirts.
while there are a few masculine shirts on woot, they are a huge minority.



I'm going to have to disagree with that. Woot prints a lot of 'cute' derby shirts (which, to be honest, sell like they're gender neutral, so either a lot of dudes are buying them, or a lot of people with kids are buying them), but the dailies are more likely to be overtly masculine. If you take a look at the archive over at shirt.what (http://www.shirtwhat.com/archive_s.php), where you can actually see ALL shirts ever printed side-by-side, I think it's pretty clear that most of them are either straight up gender neutral or leaning toward masculine.

For an example of aforementioned brain-bashingly masculine tees, see the recent daily of hot undead chicks and centipedes.

ueberRegenbogen


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
radiomode wrote:You would be very happy to know that it is not on your keyboard!

A hash is not a sharp. As below:



Time for a unicode moment.

I have no idea what the need is for it not to be on the keyboard, but, Windows users, depending upon what app they're in, can usually use one of:

♭ alt-9837 alt-+266D
♮ alt-9838 alt-+266E
♯ alt-9839 alt-+266F

Where the numerals and + are on the numeric pad (which is a bit of a dance on a lappy). You can also use the + code followed by alt-X in WordPad and (i think) Word. Or (especially if you don't know the code) fire up Character Map and type "flat", "sharp", "natural", or various other keywords in the search box, click the button, and double-click the character to copy it. Or paste them into a text file for handy copying later (which is platform independent).

Stellardig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Garage Band



Totally Cool! GMV

ueberRegenbogen


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen

Oh yeah: love the shirt! Hope i don't miss it! :D

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
itsbeth wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with that. Woot prints a lot of 'cute' derby shirts (which, to be honest, sell like they're gender neutral, so either a lot of dudes are buying them, or a lot of people with kids are buying them),



what does that mean? "sell like they're gender neutral"??? the demographic clearly has to be mostly female if cute shirts like those sell the most. and that brings up another point- almost all, if not all, of the unreckoned shirts are derby shirts, and cute. The derby shirts nearly always outsell the dailies, so even assuming you're right that they print more masculine dailies than derby shirts, the overall sales are leaning way over to the cute shirts. Frankly, I NEVER see adult guys wearing these 'cute' shirts. not a single time. 4 yr olds? sure. 10 yr olds? nearly never. make that never.

itsbeth wrote:but the dailies are more likely to be overtly masculine. If you take a look at the archive over at shirt.what (http://www.shirtwhat.com/archive_s.php), where you can actually see ALL shirts ever printed side-by-side, I think it's pretty clear that most of them are either straight up gender neutral or leaning toward masculine.

For an example of aforementioned brain-bashingly masculine tees, see the recent daily of hot undead chicks and centipedes.



sold 770 shirts.

Disapproving narwhal? sold 1962.

cute outsells not-cute. but that's just picking two shirts, not at random, and not fair on my part. ;^) I really believe that to be the case, though.

I briefly looked at the archive (a beautiful thing it is). I don't really think that there are a majority of masculine vs. cute shirts on there, but there may be a sort of gender-neutral majority, or plurality. I think that overall, though, lots more selection targeted more at the women than at the men. It isn't really productive to go through and make an arbitrary decision that each shirt fits one category or another, and score them all, though, since then there'd be disagreement about whether the categorizing was correct.

sneffers


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneffers
chunkydesign wrote:Agreed... This is one of those designs that leaves you thinking that with some more work put on it, could really turn into something good. Altough is hard to tell, without seeing a larger image of the design.



thanks guys but this is my first entry and I don't know why you're asking for a larger picture isn't that the biggest one I can have up there?

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Caught in a Sing-Off



Thanks, guys. I like this yarnbirds thing. I kind of want to do a design with a yarnbird unraveling now...


ringod30


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30
Re: Electric Essence



Looks like you copy and pasted a Fender Stratocaster guitar and then distorted it in MS Paint.

ringod30


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30
Re: Electric Essence



FENDER®, STRATOCASTER®, STRAT®, TELECASTER®, TELE®, P BASS®, PRECISION BASS®, and the distinctive headstock and body designs of the STRATOCASTER, TELECASTER and P BASS guitars are trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

My point: the comments are here to help you, even the critical ones. Why should we reserve our contrary opinions in a forum designated for discussion? We all have a vested interest in the tees that win the derby because we are also the bulk of the potential buyers. Since the purchase of the shirt is ultimately up to the individual...why is it that everyone who says anything other than "I love it" are painted as "too self-conscious, insecure, intolerant, overtly masculine, etc."? Isn't it a simple case of personal preference? When a person takes the time tell you why they don’t like your shirt I genuinely believe it is because they want to help you out.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Josephus wrote:sold 770 shirts.

Disapproving narwhal? sold 1962.

cute outsells not-cute. but that's just picking two shirts, not at random, and not fair on my part. ;^) I really believe that to be the case, though.

I briefly looked at the archive (a beautiful thing it is). I don't really think that there are a majority of masculine vs. cute shirts on there, but there may be a sort of gender-neutral majority, or plurality. I think that overall, though, lots more selection targeted more at the women than at the men. It isn't really productive to go through and make an arbitrary decision that each shirt fits one category or another, and score them all, though, since then there'd be disagreement about whether the categorizing was correct.



Well I disagree with both of y'all. I didn't think the centipede shirt was masculine, and I DEFINITELY don't think cute shirts are feminine.

I don't know if there are more shirts for one gender than the other, but I DO know that people complain WAY MORE about the shirts perceived as feminine. Either men are whiners, or it's the fact that women simply have more clothing/style options, or some combo thereof.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

rglee129


quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Natural Music



Really clean, pretty, cool design. Great work!

immortalight


quality posts: 0 Private Messages immortalight
re: one man band



I had to come back and check this one out again. It's doing well, but I think it should be in the top three, and I'm sad that it is not. It's by far the cleanest, and most eye-catching design. It's also the only one, so far, I would consider buying as a T-shirt.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
itsbeth wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with that. Woot prints a lot of 'cute' derby shirts (which, to be honest, sell like they're gender neutral, so either a lot of dudes are buying them, or a lot of people with kids are buying them)



Since we're all blathering on with stereotypes here, which gender is more prone to shopping for junk they don't need?

I don't think the bias has anything to do with cute v. non-cute or male v. female when it comes to sales. It has to do with interesting v. not interesting. And not interesting always wins.

abelleauc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abelleauc
theraccoon wrote:You've seen it on Youtube, you've seen it on Last Call, you've seen your mother not understanding the youth of today (again) - now buy the T-Shirt!. (Or vote for something better - the world might thank you for it.)

And hey, how often do people look at your shirt and hum?



Ok, I understand this is utterly and undeniably uncool, but -- for those of us who don't read music, and don't even get what "rickrolled" means -- could someone pleeeeze explain? Pretty please with cherries on top? I do so hate being left out of the joke.

Sincerely,
An Uncomprehending Mother

Arcoventry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arcoventry
Re: Sounds like Treble



Love Love Love Love.

Hope this one makes it, you rock

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
abelleauc wrote:Ok, I understand this is utterly and undeniably uncool, but -- for those of us who don't read music, and don't even get what "rickrolled" means -- could someone pleeeeze explain? Pretty please with cherries on top? I do so hate being left out of the joke.

Sincerely,
An Uncomprehending Mother



Have you considered looking at wikipedia and searching for rickrolled?

another good place to see what it's about is here. Note: don't go there unless you want to be rickrolled.

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
immortalight wrote:I had to come back and check this one out again. It's doing well, but I think it should be in the top three, and I'm sad that it is not. It's by far the cleanest, and most eye-catching design. It's also the only one, so far, I would consider buying as a T-shirt.



Thanks. Well, if it doesn't win (which is a certainty) it will eventually be for sale somewhere (threadless or cafepress).

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

shnitzel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shnitzel
davisno wrote:Seconds on that. I need to have this shirt.


Oi! Mosh good! i need one too.. if you get them printed somewhere else link me!!

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert