Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
gijose wrote:if your goal is to win the derby, you should really just chibify all of your entries

What is that supposed to mean?

jpatterson9702

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpatterson9702

Really love the design, not so hot on the shirt color. Still get a vote, though!

jpatterson9702

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpatterson9702

Really love the design, not so hot on the shirt color. Still get a vote!

Anthony3419

theraccoon wrote:Haha, thanks (although whilst it's pretty obvious neither of us is going to be getting into the fog, I think I know which of us seems a more likely candidate for an honourable mention - so good luck with that!).

Thanks but I doubt it. I have a lot of votes but it seems I have a lot of naysayers as well.

CSMatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CSMatt
AdderXYU wrote:people who have no respect for art have validated people who call slightly modified things original art. It is not. I cannot make a tree a bird just by saying so.

I suppose that my comment could have been taken that far but it wasn't intended as such. My meaning was to take something, use creativity and make it something else.

I might have a hard time considering a can of soup art but Andy Warhol sure made a good living out of things like that.
http://www.globalgallery.com/enlarge/022-31170/

I just have a very open perspective on art. Maybe it's because I went to a liberal arts school where they took the extreme on everything. A lot of the time I felt like they went to far for me. They did succeed in pushing my boundaries.

Many posters are guilty of, including myself, stating something as fact rather than opinion. There is a grave difference in saying,"This is not art" and saying, "I don't think this is art". That extends to things being on topic too. Unless it clearly breaks a rule I find it hard to state these things as fact.

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart
sleepingin wrote:I like the sinister vibe of this design. To me it is less mariachi and more old-time mobster.

I have to agree with the sinister comment. It's Butcher Barber meets Mariachi/Mob. Tres cool either way! GMV

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
jpatterson9702 wrote:Really love the design, not so hot on the shirt color. Still get a vote!

Thank you!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: One Man Band

Lets at least get this to 200 votes people!

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
jqubed wrote:I love this concept. Slice & Dice, Baby! Or in this interpretation, stack & build. Too bad it's probably too late to place, but maybe you'll get an honorable mention and the double take derby...

Thanks for your support, but I don´t really see it happening. Maybe for people who are not familiar with the process of creating music using software sequencers, this design doesn´t have much meaning... Or maybe, I should´ve been a bit smarter and put a cute squirrel or something along those lines, holding one of the pieces...

linkszelda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkszelda
Re: Unplugged

i would buy this, not for myself, but for one of my friends. i like the way it came out (:

Anthony3419

Anthony3419 wrote:What is that supposed to mean?

You mean anime or cutsy wootsy.. Got it. I thought that the woot filter changed that word from something bad.. lol

Anthony3419

Re: new Music is god shirt!

I have never seen a more wonderous thing!

....just testing out the woot filter.....

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
eHalcyon wrote:One of the best designs I've seen from you yet, Sir Tek.

Thank you! Thank you all! You made me very happy that suddenly I'm up near the top!

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
jasneko wrote:

Even though it's simplified, the large size of the player, the screen, the white wire, the click wheel... just says ipod first, even with regular headphones. If the whole player was much smaller too, it would have offset the resemblance a little. Anyway...

The wire is actually black... the blue on the wire is a highlight (I think you can see this in the full version) Regardless, I already submitted the print ready without any changes, I'm sorry.

Maybe eventually I'll do a design that's absolutely perfect. :p

@ gopro - Again, I'm not saying this is the best mp3 player. It is unarguably the most well known style of mp3 player in this day and age - for example, the Zune and the Sansa are designed to imitate it (with modifications, of course, but still). If you vote, you should buy it though. It does say "I'd want one" ;)

Dulcar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dulcar

Ignore

Dulcar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dulcar
Re: Rock Star

I like the concept, but somehow something seems to be missing. Maybe a start made of rock instead of a rock shaped like a star?

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper

Please do this one with glow ink!!

Fizban317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fizban317

I want this shirt so bad! It's awesome!

kahahuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kahahuna
Re: new Music is god shirt!

its okay..not doing much for me though..Did you really draw this or did you snag some clip art? the resolution is pretty low

tehooper

Re: Music Pirate (resub)

Love the design, in for one, but I agree the skull should be less 'chibi'.

Also I think it would be a funnier shirt if it was a full-blown living pirate a-la Long John Silver on the internets. Being an undead pirate is the only thing that doesn't make sense in the musical context.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
sekiyoku wrote: If you vote, you should buy it though. It does say "I'd want one" ;)

You sure can casually hit the hot buttons, can't you? It's not enough for you to get the vote, you have to cajole the poor kid into buying the shirt too?

It says "I'd want one", not "I'd buy one". not, like the big orange button on actual.woot.com, "I want one." Without the contraction, it says "I would want one." If certain conditions were met. If I had the money. If it weren't just the best in the derby, but also actually good enough to buy. If I could buy it without that purchase preventing me from being able to buy food. If I could buy it, I would.
There's no commitment to buy here, and none implied. geez.
If the kid buys it, I hope they do it the day it goes on sale- you sure don't deserve the extra $2 after that embarrassing rudeness.

tehooper

Re: It's a Von Trapp!

"Ti" looks like a lamp. What is it supposed to be? Shouldn't it be a cup of tea?

tehooper

tehooper wrote:"Ti" looks like a lamp. What is it supposed to be? Shouldn't it be a cup of tea?

OK, Now I see it's a tea bag.

Also, if we weren't sticking to the song, I think a Manta Ray would make a much more obvious and funny "re."

Muskratio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muskratio
Re: Where's Everybody Going? (resubmitted)

I LOVE the play on the Pied Piper! I adore this design. It's the only one I've seen that I know I'd definitely buy.

theraccoon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages theraccoon

Woohoo - 500 votes, I think that's the last milestone I could reasonably expect to reach with, er, 50 minutes to go (assuming I've worked out what timezone I'm meant to be referring to...).

Just wanted to say thanks for all the votes and comments - this was my first attempt at the derby and I'm pretty overwhelmed by how well it's gone.

Edit: And I appreciate that I am now setting myself up for people to take their votes back so I fall back under 500, but hey, that would be pretty funny.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Sounds like Treble

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Let go

I could see this as a tattoo.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
sed1701 wrote:laem reason to REJECT ... seeing as they are allowing the PII symbol to pass. What is and what is not text .... That's the question.
SaWeet Idea anyways.

Look at your keyboard. Do you see a 2 on there? Do you see the pi symbol?

immortalight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages immortalight
Muskratio wrote:I LOVE the play on the Pied Piper! I adore this design. It's the only one I've seen that I know I'd definitely buy.

Thank you so much for the encouraging comment!!!

immortalight

Re: Transmission: Radio Star

I'm sorry I didn't see this one earlier. This is one of the most beautiful designs I've seen on woot. This is my first woot derby and I'm really surprised by what people do and don't vote for. This beautiful, professional looking design should be in the top five for sure!

immortalight

Re: Garage Band

This is cute!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
sed1701 wrote:laem reason to REJECT ... seeing as they are allowing the PII symbol to pass. What is and what is not text .... That's the question.
SaWeet Idea anyways.

well, the fact that they OUGHT to also reject the pi symbol doesn't change that the number was properly rejected.

knwldg0010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knwldg0010
KUClerks wrote:I know right?!?! <3<3 my zune. Lol, mine's named Zena.

yup, can't go a day w/o it. mine's the same as my username.

DorkKnight27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DorkKnight27
Re: High Fidelity

how many colors are in this?

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Josephus wrote:You sure can casually hit the hot buttons, can't you? It's not enough for you to get the vote, you have to cajole the poor kid into buying the shirt too?

Wow, chill out. That's not what I meant. I don't think people should vote for shirts unless they intend to buy them because it screws up the voting. A shirt should NEVER undersell its vote total - this happening indicates a flawed system. Because I believe this, whenever someone comments that they voted for me but don't plan to buy, I feel a little unsettled. So I have two options - convince them to take back their vote, or convince them to buy the shirt. But asking people not to vote your own design just seems a little weird. So hence my joking comment that he should buy the shirt.

But it's not like he's going to buy the shirt anyway if he doesn't want to. I don't really get your overreaction.

Jynxi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jynxi
Re: Death of The Music Man

I really hoped this one would make it. I love this design. Would have jumped to be among the first to buy it. You are brilliant. Keep doing your thing!

abelleauc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abelleauc
flower753 wrote:Ditto.

Tritto (??)

teshiruu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teshiruu

I'm honestly baffled that so many people care this much about the inclusion of the picture of an iPod. I think this shirt is flawless, and when, not if, it gets placed I have every intention of buying at least 2 prints.

I think people really need to get over themselves when it comes to things like this. "Just because I don't like iPods on the merit I'm snobbish and looovvve the counterculture of hating successful products" is a wholely unrelated matter and is an irrelevant point once you read the post explainining it's placement.

This shirt is wonderful, I loovvve it since I'm both an amateur botanist and though I may not love iPods, I am a music buff, and I think this shirt projects that image amazingly. Well done :D

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
AdderXYU wrote:That link is prime real estate for backing up pretty much my every last comment about woot's customer base.

Ummmm . . . his name is Millard. I hardly think he represents the average woot customer. Unless, of course, he and his friends Betty, Beatrice, Agnes, and Pearl (he's a player) are making up a much larger chunk of the base than I thought.

Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
Re: Staff Infection v2.0

I really like this... put it somewhere else to buy. BUT not a baby blue.

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby