1%
1%
0%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

EdwardBlake

quality posts: 15 Private Messages EdwardBlake

Nice, eh. I think the artists would like this one.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Really nice design, but I don't really like the hand- Still good work though

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Pretty trippy little design! Interesting gradients in some of the swirls. Congrats on the print!

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

This has an interesting appeal. I like the flowery design coming out of the toxic can. Fun. :p

tortureman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tortureman

beautiful... beautiful.... Poison???

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Looks pretty. Probably wouldn't wear it due to the shirt color though.

Congrats designer.

that was fun while it lasted!

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

This is really neat. I like the colors and the swirls. I don't care for the skull and crossbones on the can for some reason, but I'm willing to look past it...gonna sleep on this one. Very cool though! :D

dougyfresh88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougyfresh88

I would have considered buying, but the disembodied hand creeps me out too much. Sorry!

jakewalczak

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

Makes me feel like I should do some drugs

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Psychedelic! Nice use of colour, too.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

conhopper

quality posts: 19 Private Messages conhopper

This shirt encourages the use of inhalants.

I can't buy this for this one reason, sorry. I might seem like an ultraconservative loon thanks to this, but I prefer it when my shirt doesn't teach people how to get high off aerosol cans.

derp

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

I guess this is one of those new green/eco-friendly spray cans then?

pianolin717

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717

ColiFlowerHypnoHype?

thesamurai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thesamurai

great design, horrible t-shirt color choice.
vomit green? really?

Knikola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Knikola

Huff raid; molotov everything.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
conhopper wrote:This shirt encourages the use of inhalants.

I can't buy this for this one reason, sorry. I might seem like an ultraconservative loon thanks to this, but I prefer it when my shirt doesn't teach people how to get high off aerosol cans.

Is that what the shirt is about? Wow, went straight over my head. I'm not really a drugs person. :p

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter

so, does wearing this shirt count as wearing drug paraphernalia??

*News Alert* "Wooters everywhere get arrested for wearing a shirt that promotes drug use. Woot promises that everyone arrested will receive a FREE bag o'poop as a consolation gift"

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Gorgeous. But maybe I'm just biased because last year's birth-shirt was so cruddy.

The designer's got another one available at Teextile this week only, as well. Love his stuff.

timbo557

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timbo557

The colors, Duke. The colors!

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

If the can didn't have the skull and crossbones, I'd jump on this. However, since it does, the overall emotional tone is ruined and I'm simply not willing to waste my money on such a negative image..

Valis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Valis
AdderXYU wrote:
The designer's got another one available at Teextile this week only, as well. Love his stuff.

He recently printed at teefury, as well. I'm solidly in his fanclub for his art-deco-spacey stuff.

EDIT: Threadless, too, huh?

zozzles

AdderXYU

Counterpoint:

holding an aerosol can at stomach height is probably not the ideal method of huffing. Maybe someone who does it can prove me wrong. To me, and normal human beings who appreciate art, it's no different than air freshener commercials showing flowers and colorful ribbons popping out when you spray, and then having the sprayer take a big long breath. If you're impressionable and stupid enough, I think that'll get you hooked on inhalants faster than this shirt would.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
AdderXYU wrote:Counterpoint:

holding an aerosol can at stomach height is probably not the ideal method of huffing. Maybe someone who does it can prove me wrong. To me, and normal human beings who appreciate art, it's no different than air freshener commercials showing flowers and colorful ribbons popping out when you spray, and then having the sprayer take a big long breath. If you're impressionable and stupid enough, I think that'll get you hooked on inhalants faster than this shirt would.

I agree with what most of what you're saying here, but I'm fairly sure that the hand is not meant to be a positioning guide for your own hand holding an aerosol can :P

zozzles

zozzles

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

zozzles wrote:I forgot to mention. The spelling is simply incorrect. It ought to be "Chlorofluoro..."

Nothing quite like illiterate t-shirt artists, eh?

The artist did not name this shirt.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

wizzoh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wizzoh

I find the design lovely, and purchased it largely because of the "Spraycan" element. I do not feel that it is suggestive of abuse, but moreover the aesthetic that is street-art and graffiti. It's appeal is visual, not as chemical as one may be inclined to think.

gee2thek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gee2thek

Not that I'd ever dream about inhaling anything other than good old fashioned AIR...

But if I were to huff something, it wouldn't be from this can... my face would look all shiny and multi-colored afterwards.

--- Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

zozzles

AdderXYU

ramyb wrote:I agree with what most of what you're saying here, but I'm fairly sure that the hand is not meant to be a positioning guide for your own hand holding an aerosol can :P

I'm pretty sure if you see your own hand positioned like that there, you're already high ;)

the point is, nowhere on the shirt is there any reason to believe someone is getting high on anything. I see it as based on artistry more. Spray paint is toxic and can get you high, but if you spray it, beautiful colors come out. Not that there is anything like that going on in this shirt. Must be drugs!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Fabulous shirt and artist. Congrats on the print!

kimmux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kimmux

I agree it's a cool shirt but as a teacher it would be awkward to be wearing when I bump into parents on the street.

Especially if I were huffing at the time.

zozzles

lilymaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilymaiden

My first impression on seeing this shirt: Wow, what a blatantly environmental message! Protect the ozone layer, down with CFCs!

I don't think anything with a symbol for death on it is a good advertisement for drug use -- wouldn't one want to hide the nastiest side effect?

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

Great design, great use of colors, but am I the only one that thinks the placement feels a bit odd?

To me it seems nice for a side print... or something bigger off top one side.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Oi! Mosh good! this looks like it was designed for hippies, indie kids, and cyclists in the bay area. No thank you. Pass for sure...pass 100 times over.

kimmux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kimmux
lilymaiden wrote:My first impression on seeing this shirt: Wow, what a blatantly environmental message! Protect the ozone layer, down with CFCs!

I don't think anything with a symbol for death on it is a good advertisement for drug use -- wouldn't one want to hide the nastiest side effect?

Interesting... I immediately saw the psychedelic design and colours (and probably incorporated the 'hypno' from the title) and came up with inhalant use.

As far as the skull and crossbones, it's the poison label that makes it something other than just an air freshener to me.

PsychedelicBreakfast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages PsychedelicBreakfast

Just put Iowa on the map. Woot.