Kugelblitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kugelblitz

Nice idea, I have been wanting something similar, only the words would be

"Get Your Mise On" over the knife.

chefspinner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chefspinner
heartluce wrote:Have worked in the business, spent a year in France, and don't love it. Sorry to say, I also did not like "The Chopping Block".

I'm a Sous in San Francisco and this shirt friggin rocks. "spent a year in france"? woo hoo...pretentious much?

chefspinner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chefspinner
tjwood wrote:Woah. If people had issues about Monday's shirt encouraging use of inhalants, this must surely be way worse for the unfortunate-interpretation-out-of-intended-context brigade?

Maybe this is a cultural thing, but in Britain at the moment knife crime is (perhaps wrongly) portrayed as the cause of all evil (we don't have guns, so our kids carry knives instead. Or something). So I'm not sure I'd want to (or want to see anyone) go round with a knife and the phrase "put in place" on my chest. That's only a tiny step removed from having a knife and the words "go stabby" or something. Not a happy image.

SERIOUSLY!???? Misinterpret shirts much?

angelheart704

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelheart704

This is the first non-random tee I've purchased for myself! I'm a foodie and love this shirt. Bravo!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
chefspinner wrote:I'm a Sous in San Francisco and this shirt friggin rocks. "spent a year in france"? woo hoo...pretentious much?

That was in reference to the French language being a part of the shirt. Also, I didn't add the pretentious things I did there or where I studied there :D (which btw did not include working as a chef as that was in California). And, for me, it's just too simple. Chacun a son gout. Enjoy! My opinion is right for me ;-) just as yours is for you and ChefRaz's is for him.

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock

OK, people, listen up! "It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". "Its" is a possessive meaning "belonging to it." Learn it, live it!

And what is "lasse faire"? Meals for a collie, right?

tjwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjwood
chefspinner wrote:SERIOUSLY!???? Misinterpret shirts much?

Well yeah, it's kind of weird. I couldn't understand how anyone could have thought Monday's shirt was in any way anything to do with inhalant use, but clearly others did. This one immediately makes me feel uncomfortable, but it doesn't look like anyone else has a problem with it. There's clearly some psychology there about different cultures and upbringings leading to different taboos and senses of what might cause offence. But it would take someone more clever than I to fathom it out properly.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

please, refrain from posting your tats in the forum. some people eat dinner while browsing the community. i knew posting his pic would be trouble, and I'm sorry.

acidweezil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acidweezil

I've been doing my best to rally all the students here at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) to buy this shirt. Maybe we could have a softball team if enough buy it. Or the chefs will just be mad at us and claim we never did our mise properly to begin with...

yamijim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yamijim
Zenverse wrote:Definition per wikipedia

Cake is often frosted with butter cream or marzipan and finished with piped borders or crystallized fruit.

abelleauc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abelleauc
yamijim wrote:Cake is often frosted with butter cream or marzipan and finished with piped borders or crystallized fruit.

Wha...??????

minktheshrink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages minktheshrink
Cycospaz2 wrote:So this should come with one of those wooden knife-holding blocks?

It actually comes with a hanger instead.

27 Woots
13 Sellouts
18 Shirts

Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia 07.12.2011

Kjelldon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kjelldon

This is the mostest boringest shirt since I joined. How'd all the designs with good artwork get skipped for this?

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

Hey, Mikey Torres, just so you know: I'm not a large girl, but I ordered a Men's XL because after I shrink it and alter it, I'm turning it into a short, belted dress to wear with white leggings and tall summer sandals...I might even wear it to "Taste of Chicago," in addition to our own little "Taste of Kalamazoo."

I predict it will be a huge hit!

Cracked me up how many people looked up mise en place on google today...you rock!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
yamijim wrote:Cake is often frosted with butter cream or marzipan and finished with piped borders or crystallized fruit.

Don't forget ganache.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

ChefRAZ

how do you frost a cake with marzipan?
you can however cover your cake with marzipan then write on it with chocolate.

jvsdtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvsdtx

This shirt is great for everyone who knows the other side of the double doors.

A shirt of a rolling pin with the phrase "rollin, rollin, rollin" will be available tommorrow for everyone else.

magicalchuchutrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magicalchuchutrain

Yesterday's shirt was "Atleast its not a knife." Not a coincidence?

glauberr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glauberr

This shirt is for angry French Teachers- The students will be put in place!

mikeytorres2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeytorres2
kippyj wrote:Hey, Mikey Torres, just so you know: I'm not a large girl, but I ordered a Men's XL because after I shrink it and alter it, I'm turning it into a short, belted dress to wear with white leggings and tall summer sandals...I might even wear it to "Taste of Chicago," in addition to our own little "Taste of Kalamazoo."

I predict it will be a huge hit!

Cracked me up how many people looked up mise en place on google today...you rock!

That's really freaking rad! Send me a pic!!!
Thanks!

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir
angelheart704 wrote:This is the first non-random tee I've purchased for myself! I'm a foodie and love this shirt. Bravo!

Watch What Happens!

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir

I went to culinary school with Kelis (Milkshake Diva) and after graduation she rented out S Club for us to celebrate. The password to get in was "No More Mise Cups." Miss K did not like washing those greasy plastic containers after each class.

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

wildhunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildhunt
dijin wrote:I see. Who here has actually used that phrase?

Every day.

"Guys, it's ten to rush, I want to see some Meez going, here. Tony, if you're running behind chopping 'poix again I'll come and ram that honing steel where it hurts. Okay, lads, lady, time to rock the house, fire two steak on six, fire one salmon on six, three salad on six, need two crostini on five, need a veggie soup on five, someone tell me we took some veal stock from the lowboy, can I get a time on the crostini, please, and someone needs to show the FNG how to mise en place in this fine mother ship of culinary exploits."

So, yeah, used every day. At least once. Often more than that. Usually in the form of a bollocking containing words that do not start with m e or p.

kalailyliani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalailyliani

i bought one. i'm a baker. Love it!

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

I love third rate Hell's Kitchen ripoffs.

I bet this shirt paid more than the show.

Albireo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Albireo
Ivyness wrote:I like it, but feel like you would need some sort of street cred to wear this...like work in a kitchen professionally.

I LOVE to cook, but feel if I ran into Anthony Bourdain while wearing this he'd kick my ass for being a poser.

I kinda wanted the shirt until I saw this comment. Seeing as Bourdain is a personal hero, and the most I do is cook at home every night, I've totally been talked out of it. D:

radiojam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radiojam

Amazing shirt. I bought one instantly. This is the only shirt I've ever remotely considered buying; something about it just speaks to me. And no, my name is not Dexter.

"This guy's telling me stories somebody else told him about somebody they know. I'm third generation don't-give-a-f*ck." - Ron White

Ivyness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ivyness
Albireo wrote:I kinda wanted the shirt until I saw this comment. Seeing as Bourdain is a personal hero, and the most I do is cook at home every night, I've totally been talked out of it. D:

I debated for awhile, then decided that I wanted it. I did work in a professional kitchen briefly as a veg prep, but lacked the inner calm that a person needs to be in a busy restaurant kitchen. I do however have a HUGE respect for those who do it every day. It's a crazy, demanding, and stressful job. So, I'm going to wear it for them.

I'll also wear it every time I bake and decorate 100's of cupcakes for my Grandma's church bake sale, and every time I'm awake all night making fresh herb bread loafs for my family during the holidays.

I think those of us who truly enjoy food, and love cooking (even if its only for 2) have a little chef inside of us. If I ever see Tony walking down the street towards me I'll run the other way!

Be the change...

mikeytorres2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeytorres2
Ivyness wrote:I debated for awhile, then decided that I wanted it. I did work in a professional kitchen briefly as a veg prep, but lacked the inner calm that a person needs to be in a busy restaurant kitchen. I do however have a HUGE respect for those who do it every day. It's a crazy, demanding, and stressful job. So, I'm going to wear it for them.

I'll also wear it every time I bake and decorate 100's of cupcakes for my Grandma's church bake sale, and every time I'm awake all night making fresh herb bread loafs for my family during the holidays.

I think those of us who truly enjoy food, and love cooking (even if its only for 2) have a little chef inside of us. If I ever see Tony walking down the street towards me I'll run the other way!

thats what its all about! i love it!!!

miseenplace08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miseenplace08

Cool shirt!
Mise en place is my handle on several cooking message boards.

I had to buy it

estrus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages estrus

Late to the party, glad I caught this before it went POOF. In for TWO, one for me and one for the woman. Not much out there beats frosting pink cupcakes with your three year old whilst jamming to Iron Maiden, teaching her the proper way to headbang.

We are big fans of the reality cooking shows, alas 'cept the Chopping Block. and the new laem NBC one.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
r4diant wrote:If I wanted people to know that I was a French psychotic serial killer with a knife I would buy this shirt.

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run away

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

ChefRAZ

jqubed wrote:Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
Run run run run run run away

That one hell of a tune good call!

SecretAgentWoman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SecretAgentWoman

I would like to see more shirts my son can where to school without being suspended. :p

::w:o:o:t::

DarthMauled

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthMauled

Common refresh woot....

X 13 :P

Khalsakirpan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Khalsakirpan

Woot is broken.....but i guess its ok cause I am talkin to a really cute girL on the phonE......

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

Where's the new shirt.woot?? Am I the only one missing it? o.O None of the woots are updating for me...

rocketman234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocketman234

uuum does anyone know why this is late tonight?

Woot has suckered me for 47 bottles of wine, nine various bits of junk, and eight shirts so far. Wonder how far I'll go before I kick the habit?

projectkmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages projectkmo
SecretAgentWoman wrote:I would like to see more shirts my son can where to school without being suspended. :p

if you're kid would get suspended for wearing this shirt...or any woot shirt... that says a lot about the idiots that run that school and or school system. Maybe consider changing schools.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
Khalsakirpan wrote:Woot is broken.....but i guess its ok cause I am talkin to a really cute girL on the phonE......

Well that's good, because if she saw your typing...oh boy...-_-