TalKeaton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TalKeaton

I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that's my Zune on the shirt, OK?

...wait, it'd have to be red for that.

Shoot.

*paints Zune black*

All better!

SavedChristian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SavedChristian

Ah yes, here we are. After traveling through the remote jungles of the Brazilian Amazon for what has seemed like months in search of the rumored iPod Touch (Applecius touchucicus), we have stumbled upon what seems to be an even more distant relative. Could this be the ever-famed iPod Classic (Applecius classicucicus)? We will have to analyze these photos further after arriving back in Dublin.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

congrats! I think it will sell out v v very soon

rottenred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rottenred
quango wrote:Sansa! that sounds way more interesting and fun to say than ipod. Sansa sounds like a dance where people dance around drunkely with magaritas. i think it's a Sansa(!)

That would be salsa dancing.

darthfluffy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthfluffy

I'm really excited for this whole derby of music shirts! This one's a good start...

http://shirtwoot.blogspot.com/
Woots: 6
Sellout Woots: 3
Shirt Woots: 1

Barzydlo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Barzydlo

Its a nice design, but I couldn't wear it. Design is too low; I have to tuck my shirts in as I wear tools on my belt. If I wore this shirt it would look more like green farts rising from my britches. Plus, its black. I already have a closet full of black Woot T's. Pass.

drewcp

quality posts: 20 Private Messages drewcp
Gamiar wrote:I like the idea but I dislike Ipods and headphones because they both sound just awful... if it had some quality speakers or something instead I'd totally buy this

lrn2Grado

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

Crazy, right now I'm listening to OK Computer on the iPod I bought off woot.

Carpe shirtem!

Azazelthefallen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Azazelthefallen

I don't know what's sadder: the fact I see a ipod on this beautiful shirt, or the fact that apple has brain washed to the point of only seeing an ipod on this shirt

kybarsfang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kybarsfang

Definitely a great design. Totally N41.

SeraphSix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SeraphSix

Not getting this purely because of the iPod. It doesn't look like anything other than an iPod.
Otherwise a nice design.

baronofthebean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baronofthebean

I have to agree with a previous poster that this seems less about music than electronics. I would never have guessed the derby from looking at the picture.

That said, it is a great design. Had it been on another colored shirt, I wouldn't have hesitated for an instant.

I also want to share with you the conversation I envisioned while reading previous posts:

[I walk by wearing this shirt]
Awed Bystander 1: Man did you see his shirt?
Awed Bystander 2: Yeah. What kind of mp3 player was that?
Awed Bystander 1: Dunno. Looked like an iPod or a sansa, maybe.
Awed Bystander 2: Well he should have been more specific about which products he endorses. How does he expect us to bask in the glory of emulating his every radical move?
Awed Bystander 1: Let's just go buy whatever pathetic model [electronics store] is desperate to get rid of.

So next time, I expect more clarity about brands and, if possible, serial numbers. And more purdy plants.

Soccerfun88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soccerfun88

Haven't been around shirt.woot for very long, but this is the first shirt over the past month or two that I have even considered buying, let alone bought.

I'm not normally very fond of the material woot tends to put up, but I've been checking every night just in case; looks like it paid off.

And who looks at someone listening to an iPod and thinks to themselves "Electronics!"...?
iPod, or even the generic term mp3 player, is all but synonymous with music.

Albireo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Albireo
sekiyoku wrote:I included the mp3 player because I wanted the headphones to be plugged into something, and because I wanted to show a contrast between technology and nature.

You could've plugged it into a tree and returned to your roots!

Ha! Ha!

kr580

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kr580

First Woot! Woot!

I never can find something on Woot that I really NEED. Until now. Thanks.

Ohhh no, there goes Tokyo. Go, go, Godzilla.

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness

in for one for a friend.

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

GTIchiro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GTIchiro

This is an absolutely awesome shirt! I am a music major, and this shirt just screams out my passion. I am very happy you made this shirt, sekiyoku.

In for one.

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

Very cool, but with the ipod it kind of feels like an advert to me. I'd probably buy this without the mp3 player.

Tabernack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabernack
EdwardBlake wrote:Eh, I was expecting something actually related to music, not consumer's electronics.

I concur.

Tabernack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabernack
sekiyoku wrote:Wow, that took a very long time. Anyway, as I said on the main thread, I included the mp3 player because I wanted the headphones to be plugged into something, and because I wanted to show a contrast between technology and nature. It doesn't have to be an ipod if you don't want it to be, since the cord and headphones are not white. ;) I drew it like this because this is what a lot of mp3 players (ipod, zune, sansa) look like nowadays. It was never my intention to support a specific product.

Anyway, thanks for your votes and support.

My sisters ipod and headphones are black. And its still an ipod. It's very obvious it's an ipod. Draw a rose in black, and it's still a rose.

I like the green colors, honestly, but it really doesn't scream out "music" to me in a way that doesn't cross over into a materialistic view. Would'a still been at least better without the product placement.

valleyjaye

quality posts: 1 Private Messages valleyjaye

though i admire your motivation, music is my oxygen, and this shirt speaks not to me in any language..

koronae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koronae

I originally said I would buy this after seeing the design initially. Even though it is a very lovely design and a far cry better than your usual work, I've decided not to buy it because of the iPod. Grats on the printing though.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

No it isn't.

Most music suuucks. It's as bad as watching TV but without even the picture.

Nothing great about the shirt. Grats anyways.

Much better than a shirt with a dumb slogan or 1-liner from the unfunny rocket scientist blue-collar dorks.

Hmm, I guess I like this shirt now when I compare it.

chazburgr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chazburgr
Gamiar wrote:I like the idea but I dislike Ipods and headphones because they both sound just awful... if it had some quality speakers or something instead I'd totally buy this

here's someone who's never bought quality headphones. enjoy your $12 dollar walmart clearance headphones.

quango wrote:very nice but an ipod? i like something that's more universal and non-nowish. yes, nowish is a word...that i just made up.

nothing is universal

as for the shirt. i like it.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Tabernack wrote:My sisters ipod and headphones are black. And its still an ipod. It's very obvious it's an ipod. Draw a rose in black, and it's still a rose.

I like the green colors, honestly, but it really doesn't scream out "music" to me in a way that doesn't cross over into a materialistic view. Would'a still been at least better without the product placement.

The trademark headphones are white though. The black headphones would be from a non-Apple vendor, I think. Then again, I don't keep up with Apple.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AtrumX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AtrumX

What's with everyone thinking it's an Ipod? All mp3 players with screens have that general shape. It could be a Zune, Zen, Sansa, Ipod, etc. Great Design, I ordered one right away.

JanieJones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanieJones

The art is pretty, don't get me wrong. Seriously, good job on colors and design. However!!! I'm so damned sick of shirts that only Dragonball Z fans and Gadzooks managers would ever wear.

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

Does the design start at the bottom of the shirt, like the rabbit reaching for the balloon shirt? I don't ever wear that one because the picture always gets crumped up at the bottom and you can't see it.

elsnerma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elsnerma

It could be a Blackberry with a really large trackball.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
DNfromMN wrote:I dunno, looks like a Sansa to me! SansaWOoT!

Got to be sansa iPods have white buds. Why would you wear big headphones like that with an iPod. You would dock it , and blast it so you piss off the neighbors with your collection of floyd tunes. Yep!

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

Now that is music to my ears.

kr580

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kr580

Is it me or is there a lot of high horses here at Woot? lol. The iPod must be really evil. I bet Satan has one.

Ohhh no, there goes Tokyo. Go, go, Godzilla.

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02

When I look at this shirt, I see the calming effect that music has on the human soul, as well as the way it can revitalize the mind and body.

Absolutely love it.

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
JanieJones wrote:The art is pretty, don't get me wrong. Seriously, good job on colors and design. However!!! I'm so damned sick of shirts that only Dragonball Z fans and Gadzooks managers would ever wear.

Uhh, what? Are you insane? How is this shirt at all a "geek" shirt? This is a beautiful piece of artwork that can speak to a wide range of people, and it is probably the least "geeky" shirt Woot has had all week. What does this design have to do with Dragonball Z, anyway?

Barzydlo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Barzydlo
kr580 wrote:Is it me or is there a lot of high horses here at Woot? lol. The iPod must be really evil. I bet Satan has one.

'Course Satan has one, his Earthly minions reverse-engineered the darned thing to make the Zune.

ChefRAZ

kr580 wrote:Is it me or is there a lot of high horses here at Woot? lol. The iPod must be really evil. I bet Satan has one.

me and satan is best friend . sometimes we fight a lot,but now we're friends. satan got a booboo, mom put a band aid on it. mom says band aids are ouchless and help booboos heal fast.

Rhari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhari

Totally LOVE the design. The bright greens just strike me as so awesome and vibrant. Way to bring life to music... or is it music to life? ;3

ChefRAZ

who won the derby?

MaRiNexICEx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaRiNexICEx

Awesome shirt!

Someone finally made me finally make a woot account =P

Gamiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gamiar
here's someone who's never bought quality headphones. enjoy your $12 dollar walmart clearance headphones.

??? The size of headphone speakers does not allow even reasonable replication of dynamics nor frequency response. You'd need a 7-8 inch low freq driver to achieve such (go any bigger than that and you're going to distort or require a third driver which has obvious consequences adding another crossover). In addition, the overwhelming majority of music is recorded and mixed with the intention of being played back to on a set of speakers where the sound of each speaker can be combined in the air, something not possible with headphones.

So yeah, headphones are *all* lousy in terms of sound quality. Some are just less lousy. "Audiophile headphone" is an oxymoron. The selling point of headphones is convenience. And you'll also being getting a very warped version of the artists' intent.