wizll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizll

grats on design, everything was great until i saw the ipod. too bad. heh

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Gamiar wrote:??? The size of headphone speakers does not allow even reasonable replication of dynamics nor frequency response. You'd need a 7-8 inch low freq driver to achieve such (go any bigger than that and you're going to distort or require a third driver which has obvious consequences adding another crossover). In addition, the overwhelming majority of music is recorded and mixed with the intention of being played back to on a set of speakers where the sound of each speaker can be combined in the air, something not possible with headphones.

So yeah, headphones are *all* lousy in terms of sound quality. Some are just less lousy. "Audiophile headphone" is an oxymoron. The selling point of headphones is convenience. And you'll also being getting a very warped version of the artists' intent.

There's no replacement for air displacement when it comes to bass. But bass shakers can vibrate the parts no speaker can reach.

Good headphones commonly have excellent bass response, but their teeny little drivers don't move bulk air like a big speaker. Your ears hear just as much bass as a speaker can deliver, but the rest of you remains unmoved.

For ordinary headphone listening, the lack of floorboard-shaking bass is a problem that can't be overcome.

If you're particularly dedicated, though, bolting one or more "bass shakers" to your listening chair will give you the kidney-kicking effect of a giant subwoofer without much actual noise. A few companies make shakers, which are mainly used in conjunction with subwoofers; the shakers cover the ultra-low frequencies found in action movie soundtracks, computer games and so on. But shakers can be used with headphones, too.

Isolation

Closed-back headphones; the music-loving overclocker's friend.

Speakers can only try to drown out ambient noise. Sealed headphones block it out.

Many of the best-sounding headphones are "open", with a grille on the outside of the ear-cups that lets the rear pressure wave from the diaphragms out. Open headphones let through pretty much all ambient noise, which is good if you're expecting to be called for dinner but bad if you're on a bus.

Closed-back headphones make each ear-cup into a little sealed speaker box. They can sound great, too (and can easily be tuned for phat bass...), and if they make a decent seal around your ears they can block the drone of a computer room or the racket of a LAN party very effectively.

You can also get active noise cancelling headphones, and they generally work pretty well, especially with some particular kinds of noise - the cabin racket of a jet airliner in particular.

But why bother with something that needs a AAA battery when a big set of sealed 'phones, or a tiny set of in-ear "canalphones", will actually work just as well?

John4767

quality posts: 0 Private Messages John4767

awesome shirt! i bought one

twitter.com/John4767

NonVenomous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonVenomous

I don't know why everyone else is going off on the MP3 player cause honestly - does it really matter? Music had to be coming out of something for this design and how many times has it been a guitar? I think it's great and very our generation. I loved it. Thanks!

ChefRAZ

Gamiar wrote: And you'll also being getting a very warped version of the artists' intent.

what would be the warped version of these artists intent seeing that they all wearing headphones to record music?

billchase2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billchase2

I like it!

Ordered.

dougyfresh88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougyfresh88

I do not understand all the ipod hate. I've only bought one ipod but I have to say it has served me well for the past 4 years. A friend of mine also got an ipod touch and it seems pretty cool and innovative.

I actually like how a little bit of the green is coming out of the ipod screen as well.

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion

Bought it. Great design.

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

ChefRAZ

dougyfresh88 wrote:I do not understand all the ipod hate. I've only bought one ipod but I have to say it has served me well for the past 4 years. A friend of mine also got an ipod touch and it seems pretty cool and innovative.

I actually like how a little bit of the green is coming out of the ipod screen as well.

THEY HATE WHAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.IT HAS A LOT GOING FOR IT, IT COST ALOT MORE THEN THE OTHERS.and if they had one and it didn't work they were mad because they had to return it. and further more my capps lock was on .oops. P

KingPotBingSoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KingPotBingSoo

*wonders what most woot users use as a portable device... zune iriver sansa maybe coby creative? irivers and creative players are decent

or...

baddy1987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baddy1987

I looooove this Tee. just bought it.
People need to stop complaining about the iPod. If there wasn't anything there everyone would be crying "but it's not attacked to anythingz!!! are deez magic headphones!???!1??!!1!!!".
besides, what would you rather it be attached to? a Zune? perhaps a nice Record Player? OH, maybe a Walkman tapedeck! an iPod is the natural choice for our world today.

Delusionalovely

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Delusionalovely

Yay! I got one as the button was hopping.
I love this! It's so pretty, and quite elegant for a shirt featuring an ipod ;p
I hope it arrives some time next week so I can wear it for Shirt Woot Week! :D

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

I don't get why people are so up on this shirt. The dude who said the headphones sounded bad, last I checked you wear the shirt and don't listen to it. I am shocked this hasn't sold out. Makes me wonder about woot's voting process.

Either way, I am in for one and I'm quite pleased with it.

I poop while I Woot.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

THIS is about to sell out? Ugh, you people have no taste. Go cry in your music is life shirt emo woot.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85
baddy1987 wrote: an iPod is the natural choice for our world today.

No it's not. An MP3 player is.

LiveSquid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LiveSquid

Love the design. Its sold out and thats fine with me. Just a tip to the guys who design shirts with the design starting at the tail of the shirt.. Some of us like to tuck in our shirts. For me this design wouldve lost the important part, the headphones, in my pants.

Just a heads up, an fyi, or whatever.

And now that I see the iPod in the graphic, Im not as much of a fan. But still, my point remains.

scottjl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scottjl

wow. people some some silly messages.. "i hate ipodz".. "i don't like the size of the headphonez".. "i don't support brand advertizing
.." blah. blah. blah.

give me a break. it's a $10 t-shirt people. no one is forcing you to buy. no one is forcing you to wear it. the mp3player is whatever brand you want it to be. if you don't like it, don't buy one. obviously enough people liked it for it to be the winner. your whines are just sour grapes.

i think it's a beautiful design that mixes tech and music quite well. the colors on the dark background work well, and the placement draws the eye around the shirt instead of the typical "plopped in the center" of most shirts. congrats to the artist and thanks for sharing your vision with us. i'm in for one and will wear it happily.

bratboy30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratboy30

Can I get this with white headphones?

sonorguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonorguy

This is a really cool design, one of my favorites from shirt.woot. Besides, that kinda looks like a squircle to me :P

groosalugg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages groosalugg

Music is Life
ongoing sale: 8565 (live in 16h 24m)
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: FictionWorthyRPH
Speed to first woot: 14m 1.390s
Wooter to blame for sellout: groosalugg
Sellout time: Friday, April 03, 2009, 7:30:51 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 8.825s
Woot wage: $4,079.13 (revenue per hour)
Total woots: 3000

ha!
got mine!

Sweet, I was the first last person, even though tomorrow it will change...

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple

What's with everyone thinking it's an ipod? That seems to be a pretty generic mp3 player to me. It's got a screen on one side and some sort of button on the other.

Perhaps everyone assuming it's an ipod is more indicative of apple's hold on us more so than seki's choice to draw an mp3 player like that.

ChefRAZ wrote:THEY HATE WHAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.IT HAS A LOT GOING FOR IT, IT COST ALOT MORE THEN THE OTHERS.and if they had one and it didn't work they were mad because they had to return it. and further more my capps lock was on .oops. P

When I went ipod shopping I contemplated getting a zune and I was surprised to find out that the zune with the space equivalent to the ipod I was looking at cost exactly the same.

Really I don't see what the zune has going for it if it's priced equally to the ipod. I played with my friend's and it's got horrible organization, and I heard the software that goes along with it is bad as well.

ornryactor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ornryactor

Son of a b- It sold out right as I clicked on the button. I hate when I need to go to bed early and can't check Woot right at midnight. Love the shirt; guess I'm paying $15 for it now... *sigh*

3/23/2007 BellSouth 2-Way Wristwatch Communicator - 2 Pack
3/23/2007 SanDisk 256MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

MonolithTMA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MonolithTMA

Guess I need to stay up and check this site. This shirt is so nice, but I missed it.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

It's probably not an iPod. As many as woot sells, it's probably a Sansa

Congrats on the print, Seki. I love music, and I really like the green on black, I hope it prints well.

modsquad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modsquad

Frickin sold out already....print more shirts for the initial sale! Geez, it's only 7:xx AM & already sold out.......I hope they bring this one back for 'collectors'.

Vegan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vegan

Having it connected to a consumer device turns it more into a corporate statement than a musical one.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
modsquad wrote:Frickin sold out already....print more shirts for the initial sale! Geez, it's only 7:xx AM & already sold out.......I hope they bring this one back for 'collectors'.

just buy it tomorrow...

GruntmaN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GruntmaN

Sweet shirt. I was interested but it sold out too soon. It is only 8:15 CST.

5+ years and still no box of Carolinas.
sigh...

BreakThings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BreakThings
JadenKale wrote:just buy it tomorrow...

I am never able to find the old shirts that I want from past days..... Where are they!

phild765

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phild765

Great work, do you have a Baltimore shop, I'm in Towson?

Phil D

P Dorsey

godmadesky

quality posts: 10 Private Messages godmadesky

I think this shirt is the digital version of Jack & the Beanstalk:

Jack planted an iPod/Sansa/mp3 player and sprouted musical stalks. He climbed to the top and found himself in a place of love, peace, and euphoria. There he met Lennon, the musical giant. The end.

What are we holding on to, Sam?
That's there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

JadenKale

BreakThings wrote:I am never able to find the old shirts that I want from past days..... Where are they!

3 ways. The first post of this thread has a 4 digit number that is a link. It will say: ongoing sale: 8565. That takes you to the next day sales page after today.

The 2nd way to find it is to look at the top of any thread and click the 'woot shirts' tab (which is currently highlighted in white since this thread is in the same section.) It will list all the shirts from most recent to the first ever printed.

3rd way is to watch on the right hand side of the page for the 'shirt.woot blog' and look for the Reckoning Recon thread when it updates on Friday night or Monday afternoon. That specific thread will have a link to the shirt via name of the design.

JadenKale

phild765 wrote:Great work, do you have a Baltimore shop, I'm in Towson?

Phil D

They're more your 'convention distributor' type.

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
BreakThings wrote:I am never able to find the old shirts that I want from past days..... Where are they!

shirt.woot blog "Day of Reckoning" has links to all of them, I believe. There's a blog link on the top right of the page and a reckoning link towards the bottom of the collection of blue boxes on the right side of the page. Just note that because you didn't get the shirt the day it came out, now it costs $15 instead of $10.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

ruforman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ruforman

the new Demeter! Listen, you don’t even know, it’s so perfect, listen, listen, she, like, went to this underground place for, like, half a year, right

apparently, this didn't bother anyone else but me. Persophne was the one in Hades for 6 months, and ate the pomagrante. Demeter is her mother that looked for her everywhere. Sorry, I'm taking Greek mythology this semester and have had this stuff drilled into my brain!!

ravensday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravensday

Dog Gone it! I have been waiting all week for this shirt and they sold out!!

deadlyblonde

quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

Curses again! I totally voted for this one because I wanted it...

Oh well, there's always tomorrow... But it's just not the same =(

Sledutah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sledutah

Very nice looking shirt. My daughter saw it this morning, by the time I got to the computer to look at it, it was sold out
Looks like I'll have to pay the big bucks and buy it when it comes out later.....

JoshCurry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshCurry

Awe man! Please make more! This is the first woot shirt that I have really wanted and it's already sold out

dtreichler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtreichler
JoshCurry wrote:Awe man! Please make more! This is the first woot shirt that I have really wanted and it's already sold out

Come back tomorrow and you'll be able to get it for $15.