AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
iGGz wrote:you are watching the wrong baseball games than man. baseball rules! it is one of the only sports that actually involves skill. try to hit a 100mph fastball. every team has their hitters- they are obviously the ones to watch.



I like how seki is always seen as a dude and ramy is always seen as a girl.

Anyway, guys, you can't expect her to understand it. It's not otaku enough. A sumo wrestling shirt, tho... that, she'd be all over!

iGGz


quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
sekiyoku wrote:I'm a girl.



Awww well why didn't you just say so- that explains it all ;)

_____________________________________________

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

CaboLH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaboLH
iGGz wrote:Awww well why didn't you just say so- that explains it all ;)



Beg to differ. Gender explains nothing.

azdarkknight


quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

Of course, being woot, they produce a shirt that by the time it arrives two weeks later, will have missed the boat.
A bit like them producing the xmas sweater too late for xmas....maybe one day woot staff could try some forward thinking so things can arrive with normal post for the events?

azdarkknight


quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
CaboLH wrote:Beg to differ. Gender explains nothing.



It explains the question "what is your gender" so I believe your use of the word nothing is incorrect ;)

iGGz


quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
CaboLH wrote:Beg to differ. Gender explains nothing.



Get off my back dude, chick, shemale, manwhore- whatever the hell you are. My comment was towards sekiyoku- notice the ;)

and I disagree gender explains quite a bit.

_____________________________________________

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

sfabro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
sekiyoku wrote:I'm a girl. :p Maybe I am, but from the games I watched, baseball involves a lot of standing there. At least in basketball, football, hell, even golf, they move about a little. :D



being a girl shouldnt be an excuse not to get into baseball. it really is one of the most intriguing sports - the real baseball game is the game within the game. there is so much happening behind the scenes just between the pitcher and batter alone.

"will he throw a fastball, a curve, a change up? theres a man on second now with one out, i have to find a way to get him home. the last pitch was a fast ball...should i be looking for something off speed this time, or maybe stay on the fast ball. what did he throw the last hitter?"

its this chess game that is raging in the minds of every player on the field before every pitch. it takes everyone a little while to get into it, but once you do, its a very gratifying sport and one that everyone can enjoy

:]


GO WHITE SOX!!

great job!

CaboLH


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaboLH
azdarkknight wrote:It explains the question "what is your gender" so I believe your use of the word nothing is incorrect ;)



Then I stand corrected.

sfabro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
azdarkknight wrote:Of course, being woot, they produce a shirt that by the time it arrives two weeks later, will have missed the boat.
A bit like them producing the xmas sweater too late for xmas....maybe one day woot staff could try some forward thinking so things can arrive with normal post for the events?



maybe just their way of squeezing us for the extra 5 dollars for overnight shipping

great job!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
azdarkknight wrote:Of course, being woot, they produce a shirt that by the time it arrives two weeks later, will have missed the boat.
A bit like them producing the xmas sweater too late for xmas....maybe one day woot staff could try some forward thinking so things can arrive with normal post for the events?



I didn't realize the baseball season was only 2 weeks long! Or that you couldn't wear sports gear of any sort after those two weeks! Guess I have to go inform a LOT of people about this!

againstbound


quality posts: 2 Private Messages againstbound

I would like to thank Woot for wanting to work with me, as well as everyone who enojys the design and/or has bought a shirt or two.

And special thanks to Mr. Adder for his constant support. Also, I would be delighted to have another print here someday, hopefully this one will sell well enough and not make the staff avoid my calls =)

chade2001


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001

GO PADRES!!!

i'm not much of a baseball fan, but i support the the hometown team!

gone!

SarahPants5


quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

I definitely consider baseball to not be as interesting a sport to watch on tv as say, football. (There was a time I thought football was dumb too, but I get it now and it's an awesome spectator sport.)

Baseball for me is something you go out to do, it's an event, you're with other people, outside, and then it's definitely easier to get into and enjoy. My brothers used to play baseball, (really well in fact) and going to the games, even if I didn't always watch, was the fun part for me. Sitting at home on the couch watching the game though, it does feel more like what Seki was talking about...guys standing around, things are moving too slowly, I HATE watching instant replays of the same thing over and over throughout the game, mostly because nothing else is happening...this is all just one woman's opinion though, of course.

isparabola


quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

Today's shirt brought to you by PETB

chade2001


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001

people say a sport is boring to watch because they don't have the perspective of how enjoyable playing it. watching golf on tv use to bore the hell out of me. and now that i'm playing golf, it's one of the most exciting sport ever! woop masters this week! tennis bored me too, and now that i play it, i can't wait for the next grand slam tournament! i use to paly lots of basketball and volleyball, but my interest died down. i still wnjoy watching them though.

GO CHARGERS!!!

gone!

cdahms


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdahms

this is stupid. bring on the good shirts!!!

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
iGGz wrote:Get off my back dude, chick, shemale, manwhore- whatever the hell you are. My comment was towards sekiyoku- notice the ;)



jeje

@ sfrabro - That's awesome if you're playing it, not so awesome if you're watching. Unfortunately, you don't get a play by play of what goes on in players' heads. xD

sfabro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
sekiyoku wrote:jeje

@ sfrabro - That's awesome if you're playing it, not so awesome if you're watching. Unfortunately, you don't get a play by play of what goes on in players' heads. xD



haha yea, i can see that...thats why it helps to have a baseball buddy watching it with you at all times :]

a friend of mine used to pitch in college and it wasnt until i sat down with him and watched a few games straight through that i started to understand a lot of the little nuances of the game. i always enjoyed it before, but probably just because i played it growing up. but as with most things in life, you wont really gain an appreciation for something until youve understood it - ala chade's comment. i dont care for tennis, but im sure if i played it and understood it a lot more, i would probably really enjoy it.

and i suggest everyone goes to a hockey game at some point. the game doesnt translate very well over TV like football does, but there is no better sport to see live than hockey! and many others will tell you the same

i guess the message we've learned tonight, is to get involved! get your kids outside and away from the tv and those internets! theres a reason why these sort of things exist and sport is truly a great gift!

great job!

SarahPants5


quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
sekiyoku wrote:@ sfrabro - That's awesome if you're playing it, not so awesome if you're watching. Unfortunately, you don't get a play by play of what goes on in players' heads. xD



Seconded

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Just a quick pop-in here to say congrats on the print, againstbound.
Also, I am female and I love baseball immensely.
GO SOX (red)!
I also agree with the posts upthread about the "game within the game".

ryano1124


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryano1124

Ok, I'm probably gonna get blasted but..... what is this shirt a reference to? I'm all too familiar with the Abbott and Costello routine but this shirt has nothing to do with it. I notice he has a cast on his right arm. Is it because he's been "hit"?

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
ryano1124 wrote:Ok, I'm probably gonna get blasted but..... what is this shirt a reference to? I'm all too familiar with the Abbott and Costello routine but this shirt has nothing to do with it. I notice he has a cast on his right arm. Is it because he's been "hit"?



I think that's a fairly safe assumption. Baseball abuse (along with some of the biggest and oddest fights that happen out on the mound).

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
chade2001 wrote:people say a sport is boring to watch because they don't have the perspective of how enjoyable playing it. watching golf on tv use to bore the hell out of me. and now that i'm playing golf, it's one of the most exciting sport ever! woop masters this week! tennis bored me too, and now that i play it, i can't wait for the next grand slam tournament! i use to paly lots of basketball and volleyball, but my interest died down. i still wnjoy watching them though.

GO CHARGERS!!!



I've never been fond of baseball, either playing or watching. I think it's because I'm Canadian.

That said, I've never really been into watching sports. I enjoy playing soccer and football (or I did, until academia sucked the life out of me) but I still have little interest in watching the world cup or even the Superbowl. Heck, I didn't even get into the Olympics. And perhaps craziest of all, I don't watch hockey. What kind of Canadian am I?!?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:I've never been fond of baseball, either playing or watching. I think it's because I'm Canadian.

That said, I've never really been into watching sports. I enjoy playing soccer and football (or I did, until academia sucked the life out of me) but I still have little interest in watching the world cup or even the Superbowl. Heck, I didn't even get into the Olympics. And perhaps craziest of all, I don't watch hockey. What kind of Canadian am I?!?






I'm totally kidding, ehalc.


Actually if you WERE a hockey-watching Canadian, I think THEN you'd be a hoser. Doubly so if you also are into curling.

chade2001


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
eHalcyon wrote:I've never been fond of baseball, either playing or watching. I think it's because I'm Canadian.

That said, I've never really been into watching sports. I enjoy playing soccer and football (or I did, until academia sucked the life out of me) but I still have little interest in watching the world cup or even the Superbowl. Heck, I didn't even get into the Olympics. And perhaps craziest of all, I don't watch hockey. What kind of Canadian am I?!?



oh no! a canadian who doesn't like hockey!!! i have already contacted the canadian government to have you banished as soon as possible. please feel free to gather as much of your belongings before they are thrown out of the window. thank you

gone!

hookemhorns212


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hookemhorns212

One of my bosses at work only wears Boston Red Sox t-shirts and has everything red and blue and is traveling there this week. I think this shirt is perfect for him (only thing it doesn't incorporate that he is obsessed with is Mountain Dew).

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:Actually if you WERE a hockey-watching Canadian, I think THEN you'd be a hoser. Doubly so if you also are into curling.



I'm not into curling either.

chade2001 wrote:oh no! a canadian who doesn't like hockey!!! i have already contacted the canadian government to have you banished as soon as possible. please feel free to gather as much of your belongings before they are thrown out of the window. thank you



The Canadian government, you say? Nah, I know him - he owns the bar. We're cool. I won't get banished.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mybell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

Baseball is a great sport to watch on TV, if you need a nap. But I love to play the game.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Cycospaz2 wrote:Is there any significance in the fact that this baseball is wearing red socks?



but rather than Boston, it's possible the reference is to Cincinnati. The Reds original team was called the Cincinnati "Redlegs", or "Red Stockings".

My great great great uncle was actually on the original Cincinnati team. I'm told instead of being a glamorous job like today, it was really frowned upon by the majority of society. That professional baseball was for people that couldn't get a "real job", sort of like carnies or gypsies.

For years, Cincinnati also hosted the traditional opening game for the major league season, but that has also changed.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
mybell wrote:Baseball is a great sport to watch on TV, if you need a nap. But I love to play the game.



Agreed. I think maybe it makes it fun to watch if you support a team, but I've never seen any reason why I should pick one team over another in any sport. I don't get it. I guess that's because I'm a girl though. I'll just stick to figure skating, gymnastics, and baking pies.


corey9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages corey9

congrats on the print!

mynameisdan00


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mynameisdan00

Death row? What a brother knows!

ploo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ploo

The heat map is warm in Mass, Minny, Missouri, and Cali. Hmm. Red Sox, Twins, Cards, and Angels all have red as a major color ...

Icemank91


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

Oh man! Hah I like this one! Baseball has always been a love of mine, I played it for 6 years (little league, and babe ruth) and it's one of the few things that's truly American. Baseball also has the longest season, so you gotta give a lot of credit to the players for going out al most every night and playing nine innings or more.

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Excellent. Just ordered this with overnight shipping so I'll have it in time for the NEW opening day of the Red Sox since they got rained out today. Plus, this purchase makes me better than everyone else. (Next milestone to achieve: a quality post.)

Also, I'm a chick and I totally agree with what was said above about baseball being like chess and being all about strategy. I love the on-the-fly (ball?) decisions being made about whether to throw to first or home, or whether to pitch a curve or a slider, or to sacrifice to advance another player. It shows how well the players know their opponents' strengths and weaknesses, as well as their own. I think it's fascinating to watch in the park or on TV.

markss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages markss

I love baseball - and the ball is cool - I just think the "Stop the violence!" thing is kinda sorta not that funny or cute or anything.

mirlyn


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirlyn
sekiyoku wrote:jeje

@ sfrabro - That's awesome if you're playing it, not so awesome if you're watching.



Just what I was about to say. Playing baseball is really fun - watching.... meh - give me football any day.

cymblue


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cymblue
sekiyoku wrote:I'm a girl. :p Maybe I am, but from the games I watched, baseball involves a lot of standing there. At least in basketball, football, hell, even golf, they move about a little. :D



I'm a girl and I love baseball!

Vutang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vutang
cymblue wrote:I'm a girl and I love baseball!



I think im i love

jacksonrig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacksonrig
cinoclav wrote:In my Phillie's red... have to do it.



right there with you buddy. go phils!