yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89

Good first shirt dude. Nice design. I do want a shirt with a mechanical elephant on it.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: The Punkocerus...

Here's mine. The Steam Punk Rhinocerus. I think color on my monitor might be wierd, since I was looking at my designs from work and they didn't seem to look the same, color-wise.

Enjoy, and thanks for voting/looking/commenting!

tjwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjwood
mewlink64 wrote:I almost feel like the design is too square. Like maybe if there were bits poking out and the some space around the edges missing.

The squareness and geometrical patterns here are brilliant. In some ways it kind of reminds me of a PCB layout which fits the theme really well. The fact that your eye doesn't know where to rest, constantly following pipes and tubes and thingimajigs around is great fun. The detail is great and the colours are really good. Normally I like Boots' stuff but wouldn't actually go as far as buying it, this I definitely want to buy...

tjwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjwood
Re: Let's Play

Regardless of whether or not I like the design concept, the robot looks odd. I think this is because the shoulder and hip joints are at weird angles. If this really were a mechanical robot the legs and arms would move at very odd angles to the body. Took me a while to figure out that is why it seemed weird, though on first glance I could instantly tell something was slightly wrong.

xaon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xaon

@braveBebe, @masterxuln, @elwayman02
Thanks!

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Steam Goliath

It only took one nut from a bolt to show the boy had more guts than the steam machine.

Detail:

More:

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Cool! Nice illustration.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Steampunk Willie

Nice Job with the whiskers!

xaon

melite wrote:I like this, though I don't like wearing things in the top corner of my shirt sadly. So many heart shirts lately...

The center almost looks like a panic button, which is somewhat hystarical to me.

The only reason i placed it there because my previous derby submission received a lot of criticism for being in the center.

But now that you mentioned it i realize how the design may look a bit awkward with that orb there in the center like that :\

I think ima gonna have to resub

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
tgentry wrote:Cool! Nice illustration.

Thanks bro : P

mitchellp

Re: the steam punk (re-sub)

Much better! GMV

xaon

jasneko wrote:I don't think I would wear this particular design, but great use of colors... love that bright pinky color which pops out.
Though I'm not sure what the shirt color is... looks like a cross between asphalt and brown? Or something.

The splashes were meant to be red but i was afraid they might have been more pink.. i think my monitor may need some calibrating
And the shirt color is Asphalt, sorry i didn't specify it right away

I really think i may need to resub this
So far i'm looking at 1) changing the placement of the design, 2) recoloring some of it, 3) maybe adding more steam-punkiness to it?

Do you guys think i should take that orb out or make it look different somehow? And also any other suggestions that you have for me will be GREATLY appreciated

mitchellp

Re: The Aviator

I like it... I really do... But I don't know... Isn't there a no more flying pengiuns rule. I think the rejectionator made up this rule. When I find the link I will update my comments.

Here's the link to the 1st rejected Flying Penguin Shirt

The following is the quote from the Woot Staff:

I'm a reasonable guy. I weigh the evidence. I keep a level head. But I've hit the tipping point.

These irritatingly cute, ill-proportioned, impractical birds and their fruitless quest for flight have caused me nothing but headaches. The last two or three times they've been submitted, they've brought with them controversy and ill will.

They're BANNED. No more. Put it in the virtual book of derby rules.

Rule: 62 section b: No flying penguins, be it of their own volition or through the assistance of any kind of mechanical device. Some things just aren't natural.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: SteamBiker

this is the best design you have submitted to woot.

by far.

very good, DF!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Great job James! We miss you around here.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

redskull11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redskull11
Re: Steamworks Operatica

I really hope this one wins. Nice work.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Nice job Travis.
I just got your "Roundup" from the Teefury grab bag. I always like your designs.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Rewind

Interesting colors... pretty.

Vote!

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
elwayman02 wrote:Love it. Can't get enough of megaman, and this was a great idea for steampunk.

Doesn't exactly scream steampunk to me, but I love it. An awesome spin on a classic...

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Wiggidy Wiggidy Indeed

This is all kinds of awesome.

sophiecabra

quality posts: 26 Private Messages sophiecabra
elwayman02 wrote:now *that* is a well-done cute steampunk animal.

Thank you muchly!

raspberryroo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages raspberryroo
Re: Otter of My Eye

Oh wow!! Too adorable! Wins my vote!

kandiiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kandiiz
mitchellp wrote:

that rule was lifted.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
carouselonmars wrote:though i have purchased shirts here, i have never commented on anyone's art. but, i ran through the comments of a shirt that i bought (chloroflorohypnohype) and found a comment by you which invokes a response from me.

your quote to consumers interested in a questionable shirt: 'You woot people need to focus more on what is actually cool, and less on the snarky sort of hip cool you think you're showing off. This is a clear miss.'

...which makes me confused about your submitted entry 'combat wombat'.

i'm having trouble figuring how goggles and a gear (checklist items for a steampunk newbie) attach themselves to a wombat to make a design that is not the snarky sort of hip cool you think you're showing off.

at least Lucas Alcântara created a design that not only had a message (or two, depending on who was interpreting, as all art is a rorshach anyway), but created controversy, as well, which is the true mark of an artist.

where's your message? where's your controversy? a steampunk wombat?
really?

this, sir, is the clear miss.

Gosh, I guess you really don't care for criticism of your shirt, though there may be a chance that you just bought it and didn't create it. First of all, my major criticism of that shirt was that it promoted huffing. Maybe the artist didn't intend that and woot's writing staff decided to stir up some controversy by writing it up the way they did, I can't know. But, as I said in my original post, I've seen one little boy who was doing as hinted at by the shirt design to be hip and cool. I know that one doesn't ever really recover from that sort of brain damage, so I feel no remorse at criticizing the apparent point of the design. Woot picked that design, so my comment, which was directed at them. not at the designer, seems to me to be completely valid. They missed the mark, in choosing to sell a design like that one. It doesn't fit in with their quite strict "PG-13" self-description, and that seems a fair representation of the shirt.

As far as you finally finding a design of mine to rip on, well done! This design, whose point you may not have grasped, was meant to show that steam power is not the clean and pretty pseudo-Victorian world depicted in the movies like The Golden Compass and many so-called 'Steam-punk' designs. Steam is dirty, and blows up in your face pretty often, as it did to this wombat. I suppose I didn't really get that across as well as I wanted to, and that disappoints me. Still, there are plenty of far more controversial designs for you to enjoy without any need to build yourself up to a rage, so enjoy the rest of the derby!

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

I simply must own this.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kandiiz wrote:that rule was lifted.

and for good reason. Nice job, James.

armeleia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armeleia
Re: Cloud Corsairs

Cool design. Is this based on The Edge Chronicles?

Please vote for these shirts because I really, really want to buy them:
The Night Shift
Hey, wait up... you are my best friend
Helium: Octo's Great Adventure

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho

This is a must-vote design! Awesome work tgentry. I hope I'll be able to own this one.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55

A definite must buy for me, yours and Drakxxx, now...where's Edgar?

MissRebeccaF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissRebeccaF

Great intricate design, and I love the color scheme. I hope this one prints. Nice job!

jasneko

Re: Steam Hover

I really like the style you did this in. I find the blues on olive a little strange though.

Vote!

jasneko

Very cute.

Vote!

Tremortime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tremortime

You better stick around this time. No more toying with my emotions Cho ;) You have and will always be my favorite woot designer.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Paradox55 wrote:A definite must buy for me, yours and Drakxxx, now...where's Edgar?

An Edgarpunk would make my day.

In other news, I'm lovin' this even more than before.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce

wicked.

jshinevisuals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshinevisuals
jasneko wrote:I really like the style you did this in. I find the blues on olive a little strange though.

Thank you.
Sometimes strange is good too!

felloffthebus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages felloffthebus

I'm gonna come out and say this looks just like grim optimism. You have drawing talent, but you haven't used any artistic talent in a while.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: Red Shell

I think the Blue Shell was a bit better.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.