striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: I. Steam Punk. (back placement)

I am Steam Punk. Keep me wound.. please.

I have never tried to do anything even remotely close to steam punk in my life. This derby was definitely a learning experience. I used this week as a chance to try some things I usually wouldn't do.. like distressing.

Any comments or tips are always welcomed. And thank you in advance for checking out my entry.

yogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yogs
SailorButterfly wrote:Don't worry, ramy did it for him.

Really nice work on the illustration! And kudos on keeping the design "within the printable area" For some reason, other designs (one of which is right on your arse in the derby) seem to be ignoring that rule, yet are safe from the rejector-nator.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: Best Worn With Goggles

I really like all the components! This is one of my favorite designs that you have done here, but that is the engineer geek in me. Love all of the detail on this. Great job Jamie!!!

bradyson

Re: Combustible Prey

Wow, this is great. I love the concept and the illustration.

bradyson

Re: Steamworks Operatica

Way to bring it Drakxxx!

bradyson

braveBebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages braveBebe
krouth wrote:Are you on crack?!? There are a LOT of other designs in this derby that are better than this...

Yeah sorry, I couldn't help it, I took some crack so it looked way better yesterday...
Jk, but guess you're right, RamyB's other entry looks better. And Seki's shirt looks awesome. And you know why they stand out? Because they aren't true steampunk style. Thats a good thing trust me. You say there are a LOT of other better entries? come on list some examples.

You know how much similar shirt ideas there are? I'm thinking that maybe to someone a grim reaper looks alittle different than a giant robot.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: The Girl in Red

To add to my previous post, I'm now singing, "Hello, Little Girl," which is the wolf's song to Little Red in Stephen Sondheim's musical, "Into the Woods."

Copo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
braveBebe wrote:Yeah sorry, I couldn't help it, I took some crack so it looked way better yesterday...
Jk, but guess you're right, RamyB's other entry looks better. And Seki's shirt looks awesome. And you know why they stand out? Because they aren't true steampunk style. Thats a good thing trust me. You say there are a LOT of other better entries? come on list some examples.

You know how much similar shirt ideas there are? I'm thinking that maybe to someone a grim reaper looks alittle different than a giant robot.

More importantly, why did you quote me? All I did was suggest a SLIGHT change in content.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Personal Steamputer

This design is awesome, but I don't think your thumbnail really conveys it. I almost didn't click on the thumbnail, but am now glad I did.

bradyson

Re: Pacemaker

Really like the braided hose, but the smoke seems a little off.

bradyson

Re: MI 1600

Really love all the gadgets and the detail on them. Great work!

braveBebe

This dosen't look like stempunk! You should've gave the girl HUGE goggles and one of those big furry hats that covers her ears. Oh and you need an artificial metal arm in there somewhere and maybe some smoke out of her ears... JK this is perfect. Any more steampunkiness would have ruined it. I love it, hope you get into the fog...

hajile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile

Hm, interesting submission.

The girl looks great, but the wolf just doesn't look steampunk to me. It just looks like he has armor on.

Plus, on top of that, the piping protruding from the wolf's back aren't very clear. I thought the smoke itself was hair...

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Well, I'll be. I think this is the only submission of yours that I genuinely like. If I weren't grappling with unemployment, I'd consider getting it if it placed.

braveBebe

Re: Synthetic Beauty

This is way better, but the dog one wasn't too bad in my opinion...

hajile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile

Ramy! This is the first design of yours that I actually, legitimately like!

At the moment, this is the only design I would consider buying in the derby. Great job! Let's seem some more of this stuff in following derbys.

4Se7ens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4Se7ens
Re: The Aviator

So happy to see this little guy finally got off the ground. You've been missed, James.

fyreotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyreotter

o.o ooooooooh if you happen to win this I'll most definately buy one in a heart beat, how does one vote? XD *adds his*

LenCar25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenCar25
Re: Rule With An Iron Fist

Wow very nice

Bigsquid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigsquid
Re: Rule With An Iron Fist

Thanks! And here's a link to the full comp!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Bigsquid/napdood2copy.jpg

mrgodly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgodly

i really really really hope this gets printed, i feel this is better that all the other entree's ahead of it

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
AGrant311 wrote:This design is awesome, but I don't think your thumbnail really conveys it. I almost didn't click on the thumbnail, but am now glad I did.

Yeah I'm pretty bad at choosing thumbs. Just another in the long list of reasons why I'm not advancing well in these competitions. :-D

xaon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xaon

Hey you finally submitted!
This is an amazing design. The illustration is very well-executed, the colors are really vivid and not bland, and the color scheme is finally something different than brown or gray (like most other submissions). This is one of the only entries in this derby i would actually wear

Great work, it deserves to win

Anisoptera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anisoptera

I love this! I hope you make it into the fog! The colors are beautiful and this shirt really speaks to me!!!!

Shpleeurnck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shpleeurnck
Re: the steam punk (re-sub)

This one better win.

LightSpiral

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral
Re: Steamworks Operatica

This just exudes Steampunk. I love it Drakxxx! I'm digging the episode poster approach you took and there is something so captivating about the female character's expression.

GMV in big neon lights.

Like many others, I'm looking forward to adding another shirt to my ever-growing Drakxxx collection!!!

LexIkon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LexIkon

Heck Yes!

LightSpiral

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral

I really like this illustration and the colors incorporated into the design. I'd love to have it as a shirt. However, I'm conflicted about actually giving it my vote because it really isn't representative of steampunk. Granted it incorporates a few aspects, but I'm not convinced there are enough of them to adhere to the spirit of this particular derby.

Again, I would want it as a shirt, just not sure it fits into this particular derby. If it doesn't place, I hope it will be available through some other means.

This is a great illustrative direction for you. I hope to see more like this.

SydsKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydsKid

This totally rocks!! Nice job!

ScoobyShooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScoobyShooter
Re: explore

Was going to vote for this till I read that it was homage to the worst waste of an hour ever to make its way to network television (and that’s saying something). Oh well. Great design though!

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
sefjwm wrote:Unfortunately your opponent did and Ramyb did Kawaii trash again. Seeing as Woot has been banning all video game related stuff lately I hope they will be consistent. Good work there though and I hope it (dare I say it) gains enough steam to place.

Deeper, bluer, my head is like a shark fin.

Hahaha! You're Awesome man. Thanks for the support!

lauraunc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauraunc

Yeah! Bigger, so it's not just on the left boob, and keep the bright pink on asphalt- that's one of the coolest color combo's i've seen recently.

xaon wrote:The splashes were meant to be red but i was afraid they might have been more pink.. i think my monitor may need some calibrating
And the shirt color is Asphalt, sorry i didn't specify it right away

I really think i may need to resub this
So far i'm looking at 1) changing the placement of the design, 2) recoloring some of it, 3) maybe adding more steam-punkiness to it?

Do you guys think i should take that orb out or make it look different somehow? And also any other suggestions that you have for me will be GREATLY appreciated

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Let's Play

I get it! You stole the concept of Iron Giant and added a cute dog with a bone because the description of the derby didn't say no incidental, typical ramyb/Sekeiyu, f-ing animals! Very origina... Wait a second...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

STEAMPUNK! Not armor with a bit of smoke coming out of it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mrgodly

braveBebe wrote:Come on blow off some steam, punks!
This looks way better than any other entry in this derby.

i strongly agress

mrgodly

misinterpretation of steampunnk ...

eatstoomuch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatstoomuch

i'm buying!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

Holy Gigli (2003)! i didn't even know this was you! when i saw the thumbnail, i was like, "hell, ya!" and behold, CHO returns! love the design, love the colors, love being excited by a printing again!!!!!!!!