ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Let's Play

the dog needs to be made into robot soup. it's crappy.

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
SaritaBeth wrote:I had no idea that was steam coming out of the top of that pokemon until someone said something. it looks like hair.

actually, let me revise that statement a bit..its really more digimon than pokemon. but I still had no idea it was steam.

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Steamworks Operatica

Drakxxx, I really hope you get your computer working soon. Also, it is looking like this design which, to me, is the most steampunk of all may get bumped by that which is not. So, if you like it, vote please, people!

heartluce

Re: Combustible Prey

Very much on theme and should be in the fog. Does theme mean nothing? Oh right, I forgot where I was. Good luck Loopy!

nillapudding786

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nillapudding786

dude, this needs to be unrejected

braveBebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages braveBebe
Copo wrote:More importantly, why did you quote me? All I did was suggest a SLIGHT change in content.

But you have to admit that was a good one. Blow off some steam punks? Get it? Steampunks, haha jk. This whole steampunk idea is getting to my head. Its just that steampunk style looks kinda weird for a shirt IMHO. Just not my style, so don't go all Ghangho about it.

hajile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile
Re: Best Worn With Goggles

Ahh, awesome shirt! I would totally wear this.

fnarfnar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fnarfnar
Re: Mechanical Heart

The shirt looked cool in the thumbnail, but when I clicked I discovered that the main message of the picture is not cool heart/tubes/medical/mechanical awesomeness, but stereotyped freakishly skinny underboob woman. BLEH.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
mybell wrote:Gorgeous

i hope this makes it.

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Calling John Henry!

Who do you call when a steam powered locomotabot begins rampaging? John Henry!

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
jasneko wrote:This is really cute chade! The pink guy is my favorite.

oh noes! he'd hate it if you describe him pink. magenta is more like it

gone!

chade2001

jewelwing wrote:Ha ha! This made me smile. : D

heck yes! bringing smile to the world, one wooter at a time!

glad you got a kick out of it!

gone!

chade2001

this is teh awesome! i like robots! steampunk'd train robots, me like it even more!!!

gone!

braveBebe

drainhts wrote:Okay, I have no interest in railing against anyone on this site, but explain to me how

1.) NOT adhering to the style of the derby is supposed to be a positive, and

2.) how NOT adhering to steampunk style is a GOOD thing in a derby specifically designed around that very theme, especially when there are actually people who *GASP* LIKE steampunk style.

I know people like it, Sorry if I sounded too offensive about it, but I was just stating my opinion. Its not that I like it when people ignore the theme but that I dislike the theme itself. Just dosen't fit my liking. I'm not looking for the shirts that are the most artistc, ones that fit the theme most, or ones that have Jakie Chan in them. I'm simply choosing the ones that I would want to wear.

Hey, im liking most of the top entries so im not exactally like The Great Gatsby here... Oh wait, Great Gatsby doesn't like the top entries. Hmmm.

ZMaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZMaiden
Tabernack wrote:Back up to old antics are we? I'm waiting for the Punk part of SteamPunk to come in... oh wait..

Punk and Steampunk are two completely different genres that have nothing to do with each other.

So, I really like this shirt. I'm a big fan of Steampunk in general. I think my favorite part of this design is the humanity displayed by the robot, which I feel is pinpointed in his stooped dis-proportionate demeanor. I think some of the problems that people are having with this design come from misunderstanding. Steampunk is a style. You have built your own story into this design and styled it steampunk. A derby theme like this is much different from one like "Trees" or "TV show titles". This is similar to the "Art Deco" theme. With a derby theme like this, not every element of the design has to have gears I much prefer the dog over say, a person or another mechanical element. I like the contrast, and I like the story it tells. I am so impressed by the textures in this, I think I should be able to feel it through the monitor.

For the record, I really don't understand people saying all your designs look alike. Yes, some have similar layouts, or incorporate similar elements, but many designers do that in their designs. Even Draxx, whose designs never seem to be ragged on, incorporates many similar elements into his designs.

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: Otter of My Eye

Completely adorable and nice colour choices.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: the steam punk

i actually kind of like the contrast of the girl there... yea she seems maybe out of place but that would actually be a reason for me to wear something like this..

it provides an even more twisted fantasy...

Astolpho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Astolpho
ShirtFight wrote:Astolpho! Hey man!

Super cute, and I love that you did this with a muted, limited palette of colors. Nicely done my friend!

Thanks Mr. Shirtfight! We aims to please. :D

heartluce

ZMaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZMaiden
Re: The Girl in Red

This is gorgeous, and the little teaser bit of a story caught my interest. On the positive, this is definitely a step-up in terms of intricacy in your art. Your color choices are eye-catching as well.

I do have a few critiques though, I hope you understand I am in no way being negative. This design does have steampunk elements, but two things knock it out of the genre for me. The woman's ragged red cloak, and the hint of landscape hint at a bit to much dystopia for me to feel the steam punk. Maybe if her clothing was a bit more high-class Victorian, then you could dirty it up and keep the steampunk feel. Also, the armor on the creature should be more the focus of the creature than it's own odd nature. Nothing about steampunk disallows the concept of animals not found in nature, I just feel the armor is too vague and undetailed. Steampunk armor would be "more is definitely more." Yeah, a second look at the woman's clothing is just not at all steampunk. It just looks too much like vinyl and synthetic materials. It's too smooth, you should go with harsher materials. Sorry to nitpick

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
Re: Rock 'N Roll Steam Punkz

Ah, I adore this! :D
If it prints, I would definitely buy one! GMV

ViciousSandpiper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ViciousSandpiper
Re: Steamborg (resub)

I think this is my favorite design so far this week.

Velexia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Velexia
re: synthetic beauty

Holy guppy that's gorgeous!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

pretty darn cool ; )

ViciousSandpiper

Re: SteamBiker

I'd love to wear this one! I hope it disappears into the Fog of War by next week.

ViciousSandpiper

Cool design, but the steampunk element comes across as kind of an afterthought.

narkus

Equiether wrote:Beautiful :D first shirt I felt worth voting for!

wow, really? i think there are a few really good designs this week

braveBebe

accident

wickedDesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedDesigns
Re: Mechanical Heart

I really like it, except for the waist. Cutting her off there on the left like that just looks strange, especially since the belt continues out to where she should. If you resub, maybe carry that side of her down to the hip. Otherwise, I think it's beautiful.

CaptainHistory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainHistory
omnitarian wrote:Awesome! I'm a sucker for old timey pennyfarthings...

I am too, but there isn't enough disparity between the wheels for it to be a penny-farthing, whether or not that was the intention.

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
Re: Let's Play

Honestly this isn't even Steampunk. All you did was draw the iRobot and put some cogs on his joins which don't make sense. And then added a stack of steam coming out of his back.

I can't believe this isn't rejected on so many counts.

narkus

heartluce wrote:Very much on theme and should be in the fog. Does theme mean nothing? Oh right, I forgot where I was. Good luck Loopy!

ditto: needs fog!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: Gamepunk

Ordinarily I would understand the rejection, however, since another shirt with a Gameboy theme—one in fact that is a much closer resemblence—actually won in October and was not rejected (http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2692376) it strikes me as unfair. Its not the rejection that bothers me, its the fact that it is not done consistently. If this and others are allowed to stand, then so should mine with its votes restored.

masterxuln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterxuln
byrbwr wrote:i just threw up a little in my mouth when i saw this in the fog. come on people, don't tell me you're all morons who just like cute doggies and poorly drawn robots?

Even though I'm not very interested in this design myself, I felt compelled to respond because of the sheer stupidity of the quoted post.

Having a certain preference is much less moronic, in my opinion, than insulting someone for having that preference. Which makes the quoted poster more of a moron than the voters who vote for this shirt.

So what if people like cute animals, it's just their taste. Those who dislike cute animals or anime in general are no better than those who do like it. And assuming that your intelligence determines your tastes is a great misconception also.

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink

Are you serious Woot?!

Seki just frickin stuck some damn smoke towers on the back of an armored wolf and called it steampunk? Is this a joke? What the hell is the steam powering anyway? His metal armor? Give me a break. Blatantly not following theme.

Steampunk is about a Victorian take on the future using steampowered machinery and Victorian materials. While the Red Riding Hood girl maybe slightly approaching that, this design doesn't have any of that at all.

Its a dumb wolf in armor.

Who cares about text? Reject things that actually don't follow the theme.

wickedDesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedDesigns
Re: Steampunk Ocular Surgery

Very creepy. I wish the arm was a little less solid to better match the style of the rest of the image.

narkus

Re: Mechanical Bird Child

i don't think this is steampunk--not that that matters much around here : ) -- but i i think it's creepily interesting : )

chade2001

whisperatdaybreak wrote:Ah, I adore this! :D
If it prints, I would definitely buy one! GMV

woop! a definite buyer! thanks for the support!

gone!

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
CaptainHistory wrote:I am too, but there isn't enough disparity between the wheels for it to be a penny-farthing, whether or not that was the intention.

Thanks for that Captain History. What a fitting name I was aiming for a penny-farthing feel, but my intent wasn't to create a motorized version of the stereotypical penny-farthing.

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129

Agree that it's not very steampunkish, but it is a great drawing. It has a lot of impact, and the shape of the negative space ties it together nicely.