evilbluechickens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilbluechickens
Re: Dragon in a Tophat

had a great deal of trouble getting this to scan the way i wanted it to...i need a tablet...but i think it turned out ok

hope you like it, only my second derby entry

DeviousKitsune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeviousKitsune

This is brilliant. A giant locomotive robot, how could I resist?

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Deus Ex Machina

It looks awesome sir. Great idea and style.

insanecomicdude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecomicdude
Re: Steampunk Kitty

I once (rather recently) asked myself, "how can I make something both steampunk-ish and adorable?" This was the resultant answer. I hope you like it.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: Synthetic Beauty

Beautifully designed indeed.

Astolpho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Astolpho
Drakxxx wrote:It looks awesome sir. Great idea and style.

Props from drakxxx! Thanks dude, I dig your stuff.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Mroczkowski wrote:Thanks! I'm also glad that I took a closer look at your golden cat. It was interesting to see the detail picture in the post. Let me know if you decide to post the full picture somewhere.

Thanks! Since you mentioned it, I put up a detail picture of the whole cat, you can view it here.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Punk Widow

Those venomous little crawlers have a steamy gear driven secret!!

It seemed like a really slow derby this week, so I thought I would do my bit and submit another design. Hope you like it!

As always, thanks in advance for checking out my design, and comments/tips are more than welcomed.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

This rejection makes no sense to me. Woot's rejection policies have always been frustrating. Shoot Joel an email and ask what specifically was wrong with this design, when it was okay to print Press my Buttons. Maybe you can make it more parody-ish?

Aendy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Aendy
Re: Mechanical Bird Child

It looks like a Ooccoo

pdenight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdenight
re: calling john henry!

I love the story of John Henry and I love this shirt's interpretation of it! Great Job!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
wootasourous wrote:For anyone who doubt's this entry, which I love by the way, don't you think woot has thoroughly looked and pondered at this as being "steampunk". From past experience, I find that woot is pretty strict on their entries. I don't think they would let someone win $1,000 for being off-topic.

It seems you have not been around for very long.

antsyashley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antsyashley
Re: Steampunk Cat

Love this. Want one. GMV.

Everyday Girl's Wine Journal
www.everydaygirlwine.com

katpanda322

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katpanda322
Re: The Aviator

yay for cho designs!! haha gmv!

Drakxxx

Re: Calling John Henry!

Too awesome for words man. I was waiting for you submission into this contest.

antsyashley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antsyashley
Re: Mechanical Heart

I agree with everyone's criticisms, but I still love the design. GMV. I'd wear it as-is, or with changes. Very cool. I hope woot does not censor.

Everyday Girl's Wine Journal
www.everydaygirlwine.com

Drakxxx

Re: Of the Moment

Gorgeous work Jewelwing. It's delicate and steampunk at the same time.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: BUG U (ladybug flight academy)

These were some of the most rewarding years of my life. On the perfect day, the sand storms would subside and the professors would let us skip out of Aerophysics to squeeze in extra flight hours.

It was a peaceful time just bugs and the open skies.

After the invasions, the bugs were retrofitted with heat seekers and armor. They never flew the same.

Drakxxx

Re: Steam Goliath

Really cool illustration and idea. The Goliath is chock full of personality!

This definitely is one of my favorites from the contest.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Ok, no girl, red eyes... very scary.
What color shirt is this on though? The tee comp looks like a gradient between white/cream and light gray?

Tremortime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tremortime
Re: The Girl in Red

Wow, I do like this. I'd buy it. I'm worried it might get rejected for not being Steampunky enough though.

yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89

I like it. It's got personality . I would wear one.

yakub89

I liiike it. It kinda looks like the futuristic dragon God of Hanukkah. Rock on.

yakub89

Neat. I would wear one. I don't know why this isn't in the fog. I don't think I'd wear but one of the shirts in the fog.

Burtocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burtocks
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=30980]

I hope you all enjoy my latest submission... I had a blast creating this piece.

Drakxxx

Re: Mechanical Heart

Awesome character design and detail. I really like the colors as well. I see were her waist is cut off, and think it would help the image overall if the body shape continued on a bit more, but otherwise this looks really great.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: MI 1600

another night gone, thanks for the votes today

yakub89

mllemeranii wrote:Well at least we know that you and Seki are perfect for each other. Unoriginal, and inspired by children's movies.

3 things.
Nothing is original any more.
Everything has inspiration, why not children's movies.
And the Iron Giant rocks socks.

snappystrappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snappystrappy
Re: explore

LOST!!!!!!!!!! I love Lost!!!!!!! +1

yakub89

databit wrote:Um, is that a tube running into... And she has on a ...
I hope this comes in a size for my 1 year old!

You're the one who's cat has a pointy nipple ear. :p jk jk (sorry couldn't resist)

CarmenLi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarmenLi
Re: Of the Moment

I love this design!! But I doubt this can appeal to the male voters..really wish it can make it.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Astolpho wrote:Thanks, man. I busted ass putting this thing together and seeing how few votes it's gotten in the first few hours has just about crushed me, so it's nice to hear that anyone likes it.

Sorry, I did vote when I first saw it and meant to comment. I like the style very much.

00soul

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 00soul
Re: Phineas the Aeronaut

love the drawing, i think it could use more colors though

Astolpho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Astolpho
heartluce wrote:Sorry, I did vote when I first saw it and meant to comment. I like the style very much.

Thanks. About five minutes after I made that post I cringed and wished there was an edit button so I could back and scrub the whining out. There's no crying in baseball!

Edit: Oh, there's the edit button. It's a wonder I'm even able to dress myself in the morning. :/

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm
wootasourous wrote:For anyone who doubt's this entry, which I love by the way, don't you think woot has thoroughly looked and pondered at this as being "steampunk". From past experience, I find that woot is pretty strict on their entries. I don't think they would let someone win $1,000 for being off-topic.

Have you looked at half the stuff Ramyb and Seki win? Often off topic or barely even trying to stay on topic.

astomps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astomps

really like this one, shows that not all derby entries are hopeless

edit in regards to steampunk willie

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
Re: Steam Friend

Fuori is the last person on earth, as far as he knows... Using his intelligence and skill, he crafts himself a steam-powered friend to help him search for other life. This begins the story of Fuori & Ziel.

Large version: HERE

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel
Re: Steamworks Operatica

My only complaint? Asphalt. Seriously I can't get any more of that color...

Jakeworld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jakeworld
erei wrote:My second design. I haven't resubmitted the boxless version of my steampunk girl.

Mmm. I was kind of iffy about the white text, but I felt that it still needed something in the background. Hope you guys like it!

While I am typically not a fan of symmetric designs on a shirt, I feel that the white text in the background along with the detail within the main design have a significantly distinguishing effect on the overall picture. I find myself looking at the entire design rather than just one side, which really allows me to appreciate it that much more.

I really like the colors and think the background gives the design a nice touch. I think you really hit dead on with the theme and am impressed with the quality of both of your submissions. Awesome job!

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: Synthetic Beauty

What would be the point of a steam-powered flower & mechanical butterfly?

Sorry, although it may be visually appealing, I don't quite get it.