sleepyplushie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepyplushie
Re: Steamworks Operatica

I really hope this is in the top 3. I really really want to get this

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: The Aviator

I hate that budgetary needs will probably keep me from buying this. The illustration is at once epic and hilarious--it's almost impossible for designs to hit both those buttons at the same time the way this one does.

KiraNoFutago

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KiraNoFutago
Re: Super-punk

See, this would wear very well. I luv it.

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
Re: Combustible Prey

I love it and did vote for it. But, am I the only that after looking at it for a bit think the tail looks a bit like it could be the right hind leg with a mangled foot? Only "negative" I have to say about this design.

Top notch.

drainhts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drainhts
braveBebe wrote:I know people like it, Sorry if I sounded too offensive about it, but I was just stating my opinion. Its not that I like it when people ignore the theme but that I dislike the theme itself. Just dosen't fit my liking.

Then one would suggest that you should, perhaps, come back the following week, when there would potentially be a theme that DOES match your tastes, and leave the Steampunk week to people who actually LIKE the theme and want to buy a shirt that actually fits it.

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
Re: Artificial Heart

I actually like the center placement just fine... but on the right would work just fine too, I guess.

Either way, coolness indeed.

wickedDesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedDesigns
Re: Steam Power Cell

I really like the design. It probably should be centered though.

wickedDesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedDesigns
Re: Deus Ex Machina

I really like the image, but I think it would be better with a higher placement.

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
Moondragon wrote:(Trying to understand how that is a "humble opinion"...)

Maybe s/he meant honest opinion?

KiraNoFutago

xaon wrote:Thanks for the feedback, i'll keep all that in mind

So it's going to be... center placement, similar colors
But i'm also thinking of changing the shirt color to black and i'm adding on a lot more to the design

I don't know, I don't think I'd like it so much on a black shirt in comparison...

aylacgw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aylacgw
IndependentVik wrote:I hate that budgetary needs will probably keep me from buying this. The illustration is at once epic and hilarious--it's almost impossible for designs to hit both those buttons at the same time the way this one does.

Budgetary needs... so true! =[
However, it still needs to win, and then come out and then be ten dollars and that's when we need to snap it up and get it before it becomes fifteen and then I really will have to wait...
the design is pure genius imho ^.^

KiraNoFutago

Re: Gamepunk

Well, even if legalities make you wait, I'll be checking in again to figure out when I CAN buy this, wherever it ends up.

xiaxing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xiaxing

haha, this is totally awesome.

yakub89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakub89

I like this alot. Deservers higher rank!

yakub89

I really like this. Hope it gets many votes. Forrr sho.

Morrigon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Morrigon
Re: Steampunk Willie

To a fan of the Mouse, it was instantly recognizable, and yet, you did make it very different.

LIKE.

Not to diffuse your # of votes, but could you try redoing it and making him out to be obviously piloting a zeppelin? That would be the cherry on top!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
sunnysfunny wrote:I like it, but I'm not very fond of the background.

I had to make something behind it to make it less like a bird slapped on a shirt. Maybe should have done a technical tree-like background... hmm...

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Steamworks Operatica

Great illustration and colors! This theme is spot on for you. gmv

lucky1988

Re: Best Worn With Goggles

Incredible illustration, love all the fine details!

yakub89

Very cool. I would wear it.

lucky1988

Re: The Aviator

Fantastic!

lucky1988

Re: The Girl in Red

Wicked illustration, love the shading and highlights.

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129
Re: The Mother of all Doggie Beds

Not very steampunk but very cool. It's a fun shirt to look at, cool colors, and the cat and mice are a nice touch. Well done.

arcticwolfe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arcticwolfe

I assumed that the red light coming from the wolf's body implied that the creature is mostly clockwork powered by steam.

This is my favorite Derby contender. I hope it gets printed.

jshinevisuals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshinevisuals
chade2001 wrote:this would make a neat invention!

=)I would drive it!

I ran out of time for creating my other idea.
This is my first woot submission!

jshinevisuals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshinevisuals
Re: The Mother of all Doggie Beds

hahaha
awesome design!
love that projector

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Pucker's Steam Powered Dirigible!

You are the most consistent submitter in the weekly derby.

stingray69

Re: Beauty and the Beast

I agree. This is really well done except that the two figures blend in too much, and it would probably be worse on a shirt.. Maybe if you had Beauty casting some shadow on Beast's leg she'd stand out more. Of course you'd have to move the shadow from underneath him to behind him... Just an idea though. I'd vote for it if I could distinguish the two more easily.

illumine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illumine

[woops]

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
KiraNoFutago wrote:Well, even if legalities make you wait, I'll be checking in again to figure out when I CAN buy this, wherever it ends up.

Thanks. It will be for sale (probably in 60 days) at www.cafepress.com/A2Ts. The question is, can I post it 60 days from the day of rejection, or 60 days from the end of the derby?

gh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gh01
Re: Artificial Heart

Thanks for the comments! I thought about a right placement, but it would have to be smaller - thus losing detail...

In the end - I wanted this to be an artificial heart outside of the body - so placement didn't matter.

mollug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollug
Re: Synthetic Beauty

I love steampunk and I love t-shirts, but I am tired of the same old kitsch shirts... that being said this one definitely has my vote. Good job.

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228

mollug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollug
lunartan wrote:What would be the point of a steam-powered flower & mechanical butterfly?

Sorry, although it may be visually appealing, I don't quite get it.

Have you ever read any steampunk... very little of any of it has a discernible point, but that doesn't make it any less cool

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Re: Steampunk Designer

I love the birdbots!

stingray69

kdubbs29 wrote:Thanks. It will be for sale (probably in 60 days) at www.cafepress.com/A2Ts. The question is, can I post it 60 days from the day of rejection, or 60 days from the end of the derby?

Like LTU99 said, the agreement ends 60 days after submission. I think they put the language "Woot disclaims any interest" because Woot still might use non-winning derby submissions for daily shirts and a rejection doesn't preclude that.

On the issue of the rejection, it might be because of the Tetris reference rather than the GameBoy. If it's because of the GameBoy, it doesn't make sense. I don't recall Woot's history with Tetris. Still, I can see this as parody of GameBoy but it's not parody of Tetris.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
erei wrote:I was kind of iffy about the white text, but I felt that it still needed something in the background.

I think you're right--the device itself is neat, but I think the diagrams really make the design complete. Voted!

erei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erei
Jakeworld wrote:While I am typically not a fan of symmetric designs on a shirt, I feel that the white text in the background along with the detail within the main design have a significantly distinguishing effect on the overall picture. I find myself looking at the entire design rather than just one side, which really allows me to appreciate it that much more.

I really like the colors and think the background gives the design a nice touch. I think you really hit dead on with the theme and am impressed with the quality of both of your submissions. Awesome job!

Thank you ! That was a very in depth and kind review. I'm glad that I decided to keep the additional text.

erei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erei
MadamAtom wrote:I think you're right--the device itself is neat, but I think the diagrams really make the design complete. Voted!

I just hope that they would show up if it were to be printed~

luv2laugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luv2laugh
re: synthetic beauty

The shirts I love don't always make it into the fog, but this is just beautiful. I love the placement too.

Nice work!