LTU99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTU99
theinfinityloop wrote:It saddens me that this is not in the fog. It also angers me when I look at most of what's currently in the fog. It's this kind of occurrence that makes me want to say "f" it and quit submitting, but I won't. Because I wouldn't want you to quit Drakxxx. Let's just give'em hell instead!! :P

This is exactly how I feel mr. loop. The current fog situation is fine for woot, as they know people will buy the seki/ramy shirts, regardless of how closely they adhere to the theme (an obviously living wolf with steam stacks shooting out of it's back is nowhere remotely close to steampunk..c'mon!).
The problem is, it is extremely frustrating for the lesser known designers when this goes on. It makes it very hard to justify submitting a laboriously designed shirt, when all you're really doing is locking your design in a vault for 2 months.
If there aren't some high vote getting rejections come monday, it seems that this may be the last straw for some people (at least for a week lol).

edit: Rejected?!??!?! This is stinks!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Steamworks Operatica

Not a shirt color they offer??? what the freeking freek?????????????

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: The Girl in Red

I really dig the wasteland feel to this. It seems like this should be the cover to a book or graphic novel of a very dramatic Western-fantasy twist to Little Red Riding Hood.

mfulkron80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfulkron80

whoops

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25

ummm... asphalt?!!? seriously breadsticks

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

SpiritStrife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpiritStrife

Thanks for all the input I'm pretty new to t-shirt design and felt like I rushed this one (I have finals this week and couldn't really work on it). When it came to size I went small because there isn't a lot there for little details so I thought making it big might not work. I didn't do center because with the size I chose I thought it might look silly. If I had kept it bigger I would have centered it. Thanks for all the advice, hopefully I'll get better at this!

h3xmachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h3xmachine
kdubbs29 wrote:Ok, there seems to be a bit of a gray area here. According to the agreement upon submission "6. Term of Agreement. (a) This Agreement terminates 60 days from the submission of the Artwork if during that 60-day period Woot disclaims any interest in using the Artwork or does not inform Artist of its intent to use the Artwork. "

So, does a rejection constitute Woot disclaiming interest? I am going to have to email Joel about this and put my shirt sale at cafepress.com/A2Ts on hold until I hear back from him (providing it happens in a reasonable time period).

Putting your shirt designs on sale at Cafe Press are a sure way to ensure your design wont get purchased by many. Cafe Press make horrid quality prints. Zazzle.com is a better printing/shirt quality vendor. In addition, there are T-shirt printing forums for procuring a good place to sell your designs.

Sorry this didnt make it: there is some ridiculously crappy art in this derby, and yours was one of the best submissions, IMO.

mfulkron80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfulkron80
Re: Darwinism

Hey guys thanks for the great comments! I appreciate all the support. I would change the coclor but a) I was trying to make it look like it was in water; b) I don't want to lose what votes I already have; and c) I look great in blue

barnstormeffect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnstormeffect

looks like asphalt to me... hope this gets resubbed and back to the fog though, one of the only wearable shirts in this derby...

Tremortime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tremortime

I love this more and more every time I see it. Red's shotgun clinches it.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

That stinks. I can tell you spent a lot of time on it. Resub- it's only Sunday!

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23

Not a shirt color they offer? What in the heck is woot thinking? Freakin' reject the not steampunk seki if you wanna reject something! Rarrrr!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
wootasourous wrote:Maybe in your opinion. But normally, for just about everything, there is always way more than just one interpretation of the subject. There is not one clear cut definition of "steampunk". So what you might think is off-topic, might seem on-topic to others and woot.

Not in any incantation of steampunk do cartoon dogs make any kind of appearance.

folkkevi

rejected... interesting..??

folkkevi

elleronn wrote:Taken from an earlier derby:

"These irritatingly cute, ill-proportioned, impractical birds and their fruitless quest for flight have caused me nothing but headaches. The last two or three times they've been submitted, they've brought with them controversy and ill will.

They're BANNED. No more. Put it in the virtual book of derby rules.

Rule: 62 section b: No flying penguins, be it of their own volition or through the assistance of any kind of mechanical device. Some things just aren't natural.

So there is no inference from this rejection, let it be known that this has nothing to do with the existence of other flying penguin designs or their submission in past derbies. There's no copyright on ideas, just on the execution. In fact, it depresses me that there are apparently so many new and unique ways to execute this painful concept.

This is purely emotional, and an admittedly irrational hatred of the subject matter. I will sleep well tonight knowing the next flying penguin I see will be followed swiftly and unequivocally by a hearty REJECTED stamp. If you test me, I'll enjoy the probation as well."

So....is this going to be rejected or no?

Probably tomorrow, he also uses small lines and halftones. Which is unfortunate, as this is a wonderful design, but I figure Cho was trying to test the Rejectors or something? He made it pretty obvious.

Hafcrak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hafcrak
Re: She Broke My Heart...Once...

i like it a lot

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
Re: Mechanical Heart

I like her face, and the idea behind this but I'd really adjust how you have her waist cut off, it looks like she's been pinched down to nothing at first glance rather than looking like she's cut off for the design... otherwise I think you have what could be an awesome idea going!

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
Re: Steampunk Designer

I really like this one, good luck with it! (good use of colors and details, to me this has the most steam punk feel of everything I've peered at!

slvrwhispr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slvrwhispr

I love penguins, and I love this design. I wish it wasn't on black, as it's just too dang hot in Texas to wear black very often, but I'll have a very hard time not buying this one anyway.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: The Aviator

As has already been stated in the comments here, the flying penguin rule was revoked. Which makes sense, because it was an incredibly stupid rule in the first place ;)

Proof:

joelterrific wrote:Alright...I'm over my irrational hatred of this topic. It was a momentary albeit intense hatred of the subject. I owe no one but the penguins who dared to dream an apology. Cho and I will sort it out in the cage.

cramill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cramill

This looks more like Anime than Steampunk to me...

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
folkkevi wrote:Probably tomorrow, he also uses small lines and halftones. Which is unfortunate, as this is a wonderful design, but I figure Cho was trying to test the Rejectors or something? He made it pretty obvious.

schpanks for the concern. Rule was lifted, and after almost thirty prints, i know the halftones n lines are in good size to be printed, thanks!

no worries says the penguin, ONWARD TO THE SKY GO THEE!!!!!!!

Tiemannl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tiemannl
mrex99 wrote:Piggies! Nice to see that they're not all burning themselves alive this time around...

Or dieing of swine influenza =P

hyuk hyuk hyuk, tacos rule!

adamsw216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages adamsw216

This is a great illustration, but I wouldn't wear it on a shirt.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I try not to get mad over things I have no control over, but this is VEEEEEERY frustrating!

I have no idea what the rejection decision is about, as it looks just like every other asphalt shirt they sell hundreds of thousands of.

If they're going to go crazy rejecting, they should also reject ramy's dog/robot design, as well as several other designs. No offense, ramy, because I really like some of your stuff, and even the other design you have in the fog, but that is just not steampunk IMO.

Please, Joel, resubmit this. Plenty of time, it's only Sunday.

adamsw216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages adamsw216
Re: We Held the Moon

I really like the idea, but I think it needs a bit more compositional attention to give it that extra push...

sleepyplushie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepyplushie

I'm upset. Not only was this rejected but also it has fallen out of the fog. =( I was so looking to buying this.

Please please please resub!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
mllemeranii wrote:

wow. never saw IronGiant, but thanks for that pic. Pretty weird.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Jestik wrote:wow. never saw IronGiant, but thanks for that pic. Pretty weird.

If that's weird, then this is downright strange:

(two examples of very common scenes in the movie)

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

I thought this was on asphalt! What is going on here?
Draxxx? Is this asphalt?

mewlink64

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mewlink64

I am personally really tired of seeing animal and heart shirts. I wish people could me more creative than animals and hearts. Please. I was willing to buy all three shirts this derby, now the fog is populated with no shirt that I voted for. I MIGHT buy one of them, but for the love of steampunk, please no more animals.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

Wow woot, this is clearly Asphalt. Shafted.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

Sniper078

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sniper078
mixer23 wrote:Oh yeah, a wolf with armor. This is steampunk at it's best o-m-g o-m-g l o l z dis is teh awesomses. Ugh, has to be one of the worst shirts in this derby

says the guy that probably voted for the flying penguin

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Wow, this rejection is definitely BS- I wonder if someone was in a bad mood today. Either way, it's a very simple problem to fix drakxxx, just resubmit it with woot's asphalt color

The one on the left is the color you used, the one on the right is the "real" asphalt- a simple change is all it needs, I'm sure this design has plenty of time to get back its votes (As a sidenote, you should be careful with the shirt templates you use, I've noticed that most of them actually aren't accurate, but never realized it was something rejection-worthy - if you need help adjusting your templates, PM me)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Style Cogs

I'm no judge of steampunk, but I like this picasserole... love the greens too.

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
Stuntdummy wrote:But I don't blame Ramyb, because lots of contenders submit sub-par work; I blame the voters who continually eat this stuff up.

i blame ramyb and i also blam sekiyoku. you know why? i think they are rigging the contests through hundreds of fake accounts which they would have the money for if they one just one derby, which they have won dozens. i think they are filling the comments page with their own comments under their fake accounts, just as theyve done on deviantArt and the same way they claimed fake identities to saturate the artist alley with their artwork.

these two are scamming you and cheating the contest

but hey, thats just one guys opinion. it just happens to be backed up by documentation from numerous other people who got cheated

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: steampunk family

Both serious and cute at the same time.
Not a fan of white, but I still like it.

felloffthebus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages felloffthebus

Wow, I thought this was drakxxx's. This is my favorite design by sekiyoku, but it isn't steampunk. A very nice attempt, and it's very appealing.

melite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melite

This honestly didn't deserve to be in the fog to begin with. On top of the rejection, the amount of time Drakxxx put into this sub seemed to be 1/2 of what he would normally put it.

The only drawing looks rushed and I wouldn't believe that Drakxxx sub'd it, other than the fact it has his name on it.

If I were Drakxxx, I would resub fixing everything that was poorly drawn.

Shirt.woot.com purchases: OMGcat, Let’s Play, Synthetic Beauty, Forget the Toys, I Want the Moon, Almost Human, Deforestation, Music is Life, Sunshine, 12 Angry Beasts, Lament of the Kiwi, Imposter, Spicing Things Up a Bit, The Original Blue Hedgehog
Woot.com purchases: Random guppy, Pure Digital Flip Ultra Series F260 Camcorder

fyreotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyreotter

Thanks for the advice, about the vote button, I'll have to wait till I get my check before I can do that.