2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Pest problem

ha!

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
whisperatdaybreak wrote:Yes, there have been several brown shirts printed on woot.

I think they were being sarcastic, since the other one was rejected for not being a shirt color they offer... Which they obviously do.

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth
byrbwr wrote:i just threw up a little in my mouth when i saw this in the fog. come on people, don't tell me you're all morons who just like cute doggies and poorly drawn robots?

I'd say it's more of a cute robot and a poorly drawn dog, myself. Something bout his head/neck is wonked from that angle.

I don't mind the concept, though. I'd actually be happy to see a few more cute dog shirts because I feel like the place is overrun with cats, and I'm a hater. :P

I do love the robot, even if he looks a lot like The Iron Giant.

darkwickus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkwickus
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

ahh, I'd know Drakxxx's artwork anywhere! Good looking shirt, sir. See you on the boxart side of town.

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
2thFairy wrote:duh.

I didn't realize you were being sarcastic...

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: Let's Play

I personally love steampunk art. I did a lot of research for this derby and the current fog looks like nothing I found. It is a disappointment.

Before all the Ramy/Seki fans jump on me, I'm not saying that Ramy/Seki is a poor designer. Rather, I find him/her to be fantastic - these designs included. My problem is that he/she just can't seem to follow the theme on a regular basis. When he/she does, I vote for him/her. Not this week.

I think that Shirt.Woot should start a separate contest entitled "Whatever Anime Ramy/Seki Wants to Draw". That would ensure that the mindless base of voters can buy all the anime their wallets will allow.

The themed derby should be about growing creatively and trying NEW things. Voting should be based, first and foremost, on whether the entry fits the theme. I've seen a lot of people say something to the effect of, "I don't like steampunk, I like Ramy/Seki's stuff..."

Then, please don't vote in a steampunk themed contest.

DaxTaniss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaxTaniss

GMV... good luck kid

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: Steam-powered heart

neato! with steam power, my heart will go on!

gone!

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
mixer23 wrote:I think they were being sarcastic, since the other one was rejected for not being a shirt color they offer... Which they obviously do.

I didn't think of that until after I posted that... You know me... lol

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
Sniper078 wrote:says the guy that probably voted for the flying penguin

Why yes, I did vote for the penguin... Which happens to be 10 times more steampunk than a mega zord and little red riding hood holding a shotgun.

Finley4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Finley4
marmls2m wrote:i blame ramyb and i also blam sekiyoku. you know why? i think they are rigging the contests through hundreds of fake accounts which they would have the money for if they one just one derby, which they have won dozens. i think they are filling the comments page with their own comments under their fake accounts, just as theyve done on deviantArt and the same way they claimed fake identities to saturate the artist alley with their artwork.

these two are scamming you and cheating the contest

but hey, thats just one guys opinion. it just happens to be backed up by documentation from numerous other people who got cheated

Just look at the positive comments and the people that jump to the defence in Ramyb or Sekiyoku's thread to anyone that doubts it. You see a positive comment, hover over the name and see when they joined. 9 out of 10 times they joined after Sept. 23, the date Ramy joined (and coincidentally the time Sekiyoku started winning, after being here since 2006!?!) Sekiyoku's got almost 20 of them in her thread this week, Ramy close to 50 in his two threads. What's amazing is for as many Sept. 2008-April. 2009 join dates you see there's almost never any Jun. July or Aug. 2008 joiners. It's like they just suddenly appeared and Oi! Mosh good! love! Ramyb and Sekiyoku's work the best!!! Check out other peoples submissions, you won't find the same kind of hefty representation from Sept. 23 to today. Couldn't be more obvious there's something wrong here.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Welcome back, Drakxxx! And in fine form. GMV for sure.

Perque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Perque

Well done GMV

itsbeth

Re: Calling John Henry!

Absolutely stunning. GMV.

fivestring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fivestring

VOTED! Yea for re-subbing this!

tnkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnkitty

Oops wrong thread!

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007

I'm just loving the way this is flying up the new hotness. Thank you for resubmitting!!! One of the VERY FEW actual steampunk designs...

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

Now THIS is a proper steam punk drawing.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Well-done!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
heartluce wrote:Fourth.

Fifth!

Carpe shirtem!

itsbeth

Re: The Girl in Red

I think this design is totally killer. Pretty far from my understanding of what steampunk is, but frankly, very few of this derby's designs tap into the Victorian influence that marks true steampunk for me, so I guess my thought is, at least this one's well done.

Though I, too, could do without the smokestacks. They do seem a touch nonsensical.

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55

Almost missed this one..love it and GMV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 265869

I'm going to be infuriated if this shirt doesn't win a place in the winners, I want this shirt reeeeeaaaaally bad.

raptorrr18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raptorrr18

Oh... I like this one. The birds really make the scene. Good work.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

I'm glad you resubbed. Onward to the fog!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
moothoot wrote:Very Fluevoggian. Nice job!

I like the design, and can even handle the shirt color, but the placement feels wrong to me.

Still voted

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
ack154 wrote:Why would I want to have multiple accounts? For what possible use would they be? I've only ever had one account. This one. It is perhaps the other direction you should direct the "multiple accounts" joke.

Not sure you can blame me for seeing consecutive posts by TabernACK and ACK154 both blasting ramyb and sekiyoku and putting 2 and 2 together. Besides, weren't you supposed to be leaving forever or something?

If I am wrong, I apologize sincerely. However, I won't hold my breath.

And to stay a smidgen on topic,

sekiyoku wrote:Glad you recognized where I was going with the lineart, even I admit that the final product is not as steampunk as I would like, but I think if I had taken the coloring in a different direction, it would look more like a typical steampunk picture. It doesn't look like it will print anyway, so my best hope is that it can get an honorable mention, and then in double take, it won't matter what the original theme was.

Thanks very much! Some of us try to be constructive in our criticisms for improving the body of work here at Woot and at least the artists give SOME of us some credibility.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

MaryESP

snarkygal wrote:Oh shut up you little brown noser. How many times are you going to defend Woot for their stupid decisions? Anybody with a brain can see this design was supposed to be on asphalt.

Since when is the imparting of information brown nosing?

MaryESP

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=30988]

WOW!

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842

Brown instead of the asphalt (that isn't provided by woot!) definitely a good decision. This one got my vote just like the last one did and I'll be buying it WHEN it makes the fog.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: The Aviator

as cool as this looks im sorry to say i don't see steam punk in this entry at all B^(

some one said that its steam punk because it had metal wings and that it was powered by steam... sorry but that's not steam punk. Victorian style is no where in this design and steam punk is mostly copper and wood elements using steam and gears to move/power the contraptions.

but at the same time most of the entries in this derby are off the mark so unfortunately this entry much like most of the others wont get pulled.

i had high hopes for this derby but im sad to say i was sorely let down B^(

L3g3ndQ

Re: The Girl in Red

the design is cool and all but i think you missed the concept of steampunk. not sure where you got your information while looking up what steampunk was but this is more like zoids meets full metal alchemist. it may be steampunk inspired but its just not steampunk and where you said that the red light on the wolf was to show it was powered by a fire... to me it just looks like light reflecting off the sun or what ever it is that's giving off the red light off to the right. to me its not coming from the wolf at all B^( also i have to agree with others that the steam looks more like hair than steam B^(.

i posted the rest of this post on another thread but it applies here as well so ill post it here as well.

sorry but this is not steampunk. Victorian style is no where in this design and steam punk is mostly copper and wood elements using steam and gears to move/power the contraptions.

but at the same time most of the entries in this derby are off the mark so unfortunately this entry much like most of the others wont get pulled.

i had high hopes for this derby but im sad to say i was sorely let down B^(

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

I was hoping for a color change (to heather....) but still awesome and much better than the asphalt. Got my vote again and definitely a purchase.

sleepingin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingin
Re: Cloud Corsairs

This is really gorgeous!

branmak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branmak
keinsignal wrote:I have, and it was the first thing I thought of too. Even if it was unintentional I think this design ought to be disqualified, sorry.

Too funny! It's not even close. With this kind of logic, we should also disqualify all designs that come close to the 'idea' of something else. So goodbye mechanical dragons - done before. Goodbye robots, done before. Goodbye steampunk, done before...

sleepingin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepingin
Re: Cloud Corsairs

Also, I really like it as is, but I think it would be cool to see it in a nighttime or twilight setting, with some stars & darker background.
gmv either way.

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
Re: Steampunk Cat

This looks like the pokemon Abra.

L3g3ndQ

Re: Steampunk Birdsong

would have loved this even more if the red bits would have been made to look like wood!! B^) great idea!! and much more on spot with the theme than most of the other entries!

GMV!

Burtocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burtocks

Hey Drakxxx,
I always oil foward to seeing your work. You definitely got my vote on this Sweet image!
Burtocks