SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
L3g3ndQ wrote:would have loved this even more if the red bits would have been made to look like wood!! B^) great idea!! and much more on spot with the theme than most of the other entries!

GMV!



Oh, that's entirely possible too! I could easily add wood grain if this gets passed over for an HM... Thanks!

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Fe-MAN



I like this and was hoping someone would do this.

Burtocks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burtocks
Burtocks wrote:Hey Drakxxx,
I always oil foward to seeing your work. You definitely got my vote on this Sweet image!
Burtocks



Sorry my IPhone does a spell check and makes word suggestions, if I forget to preview my text it ends up coming out wrong.

I meant to say that I always look forward to seeing your work.

Buttocks

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Burtocks wrote:Hey Drakxxx,
I always oil foward to seeing your work. You definitely got my vote on this Sweet image!
Burtocks


Burtocks wrote:Sorry my IPhone does a spell check and makes word suggestions, if I forget to preview my text it ends up coming out wrong.

I meant to say that I always look forward to seeing your work.

Buttocks


oil and Buttocks.... HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Stuntdummy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
haezoo wrote:The OP said: "Tell me people, HOW DO YOU DO IT? What compels you? If I submitted a masterpiece and Ramyb submitted a shirt with a pile of excrement on it, by your voting record I would still lose! I'm flabbergasted..."

I merely submit that we test this theory...



You buy me a wacom tablet and adobe, and I will gladly do it. You're missing the point, though. This theory is continually proven every week when Ramyb submits a design that is off-theme/unoriginal and yet still ascends into the fog, even though there are other submissions that are much better and on-theme.

marmls2m


quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
Finley4 wrote:Just look at the positive comments and the people that jump to the defence in Ramyb or Sekiyoku's thread to anyone that doubts it. You see a positive comment, hover over the name and see when they joined. 9 out of 10 times they joined after Sept. 23, the date Ramy joined (and coincidentally the time Sekiyoku started winning, after being here since 2006!?!) Sekiyoku's got almost 20 of them in her thread this week, Ramy close to 50 in his two threads. What's amazing is for as many Sept. 2008-April. 2009 join dates you see there's almost never any Jun. July or Aug. 2008 joiners. It's like they just suddenly appeared and Oi! Mosh good! love! Ramyb and Sekiyoku's work the best!!! Check out other peoples submissions, you won't find the same kind of hefty representation from Sept. 23 to today. Couldn't be more obvious there's something wrong here.



doesnt this constitue fraud of some kind? i am officially announcing that i will pay a cash reward for anyone who can provide incriminating evidence on the part of either ramyb (ramy badie) or sekiyoku (sylvia shy). now seeing as i am not very well off, the reward will be small, but if you are interested in contributing to the reward to put an end to these sick money hungry souless opprotunists, please pm me.


profnoxin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages profnoxin
Re: Steampunk Willie



I'm very sad that this is not higher in the votes. I really want this shirt... would be only the second woot shirt to make me throw down the cash.

katfin25


quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
Burtocks wrote:Sorry my IPhone does a spell check and makes word suggestions, if I forget to preview my text it ends up coming out wrong.

I meant to say that I always look forward to seeing your work.

Buttocks




Best spell checker EVER!!!!

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

metasailor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages metasailor
Re: Best Worn With Goggles



But wouldn't it be cool if it was over the entire shirt?

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
snarkygal wrote:Oh shut up you little brown noser. How many times are you going to defend Woot for their stupid decisions? Anybody with a brain can see this design was supposed to be on asphalt.



Hey, I said it was a stupid rejection. Calm down, Ms. Snarky. I just don't feel like climbing on any bandwagons, is all. Maybe I should rethink my position.

Yes, Woot clearly only cares about the moneys. Obviously that is why they rejected a popular, on-theme, artistic design. Obviously.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



just got home (long day!) and super glad to see this back in the derby!

whether it prints or not, I think people around here recognize true steampunk genius

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
snarkygal wrote:Oh shut up you little brown noser. How many times are you going to defend Woot for their stupid decisions? Anybody with a brain can see this design was supposed to be on asphalt.



My thinking is that the rejection comes because some of the people who voted for it did so thinking that it would be that light grey silvery color instead of the darker color that asphalt actually is. Not good for woot when those persons buy it and find out that the shirt doesn't look like they expected- then they want their money back- "this isn't the color I voted for". This is a CYA rejection for the business side of woot, not a "Woot Hates the Artist" rejection, I think.

Tardasaurus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tardasaurus

..

kinzoku


quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



I feel like there's a great story to be told behind the characters here. I bet Woot could come up with an awesome write-up for this if it prints.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
drainhts wrote:Okay, setting aside the discrepancy on the definition of the term "officially approved template" for a moment, this is a perfectly reasonable argument until one realizes that a submission this creator submitted, specifically THIS one:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=24291

WAS printed, despite being on the "wrong" template.

You can argue that this "wasn't a valid template" all you want, but the point here is that Woot didn't care THEN, and only chose to start caring NOW, and that's bad form. It falls to those running the contest to inform people that they are doing something wrong BEFORE it causes the creator a problem, and frankly, they couldn't be bothered.



If you compare the colour used with the actual template colour, you can see that it's a pretty big difference. That Woot let it slide before is the problem, and it is GOOD form that they are fixing it now. If people were to be objective, I think they would agree that it is a good thing for Woot to tighten the reins. Using your own argument, just because Woot didn't care THEN, should we really be complaining that they are starting to care? I only wish they would care as much about other rules - like being on topic.

However, I don't think it's a case of Woot "not caring" in the past. Rather, the problem just wasn't noticed. Since the other submission used only grey tones that were all lighter than the asphalt, it was no big deal. It's different in this case. For those who are NOT derby regulars, it would be easier to make a mistake in interpreting this comp (as Josephus said above, it could be interpreted as AA's silver or slate shirt).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kinzoku wrote:I feel like there's a great story to be told behind the characters here. I bet Woot could come up with an awesome write-up for this if it prints.



More likely they'll comment on the rejection drama.

Good luck with this one, Drakxxx! And good move switiching over to Cho's wrinkly template! Thanks for being on topic and remaining reasonable in the face of a wild rejection.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Stormink wrote:Actually it is very vague. Look at the reason for rejection again if you don't believe me.

Woot rejections are way to subjective if you ask me.



It's not vague for derby regulars. The reason given (and variants of the same) are commonly used by woot when copyright is an issue. It's especially clear given the context. But for those who aren't familiar with the rejectionator's idiosyncracies, yes, it's rather vague.

And I agree - the rejections are quite subjective. Unfortunately, subjectivity is inevitable when you have one person handling all the rejections.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Yay! Draxxx, you handled that bogus rejection with a lot of class. This new version is even better. You've got my vote! What I love about this composition is that it alludes to a story...sort of like a movie poster. This is true SteamPunk (thank you!)

Tiemannl


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tiemannl
drainhts wrote:Hey look, Frank. Teeny-boppers. You like video games teeny-boppers? Your mommy give you quarters for video games?



LOL The Toxic Avenger

hyuk hyuk hyuk, tacos rule!

catgoo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages catgoo
re: synthetic beauty



I like I want I vote YES

Tiemannl


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tiemannl
Re: ESCAPE



This had better get into the fog.

hyuk hyuk hyuk, tacos rule!

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think you all make good points.

Melinda

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

The shoes were especially fun to design. Even though those heels would be the death of me!



kushet


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kushet
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



I'm new to shirt.woot as of the last two weeks or so(the first shirt I bought was the steam dinos, which I am super happy about). I was really excited when I saw your original design here and then was subsequently super bummed when I saw it get rejected.

So anywho, I'm really glad you decided to resubmit; it's an awesome design and I definitely voted for it. Hope it makes it!

drainhts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drainhts
eHalcyon wrote:Using your own argument, just because Woot didn't care THEN, should we really be complaining that they are starting to care?



This argument is tantamount to being told by my electrician that it sure was a good thing he found the faulty wiring that burned my house down AFTER it burned my house down instead of when I actually called him up and had him come over to inspect it in the first place, because hey, at least now when we rebuild the house it won't catch on fire again. Yes, great, you found the fault, fabulous, but considering you had the exact same opportunity months ago and chose to ignore it at that point, no, my opinion of your work is not very high right now since my house has already burned down.

Mroczkowski


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
drainhts wrote:This argument is tantamount to being told by my electrician that it sure was a good thing he found the faulty wiring that burned my house down AFTER it burned my house down instead of when I actually called him up and had him come over to inspect it in the first place, because hey, at least now when we rebuild the house it won't catch on fire again. Yes, great, you found the fault, fabulous, but considering you had the exact same opportunity months ago and chose to ignore it at that point, no, my opinion of your work is not very high right now since my house has already burned down.



So your complaint is that Woot should have rejected the earlier design, and not that this design shouldn't have been rejected? My argument is that we shouldn't complain that the faulty wiring was found. Saying that this design should not have been rejected simply because past designs making the same mistake weren't rejected is analagous to requesting that the electrician just pretend like there isn't any faulty wiring the second time around, instead leaving it broken and not fixing it at all. If I am now interpreting your argument correctly, then I certainly agree - Woot should have better adhered to their own rules before. As it is, at least they're not continuing to allow the same mistakes to pass.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ack154


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154
supersonic213 wrote:Not sure you can blame me for seeing consecutive posts by TabernACK and ACK154 both blasting ramyb and sekiyoku and putting 2 and 2 together. Besides, weren't you supposed to be leaving forever or something?


Me = Totally oblivious to that other account - but I can assure you I do NOT have multiple accounts. But really, two people blasting seki/ramy and you instantly think they're the same person (screenname similarity aside)? Have you read the comments on their entries???

Not necessarily leaving... but certainly not giving Woot anymore money until this nonsense is put to some sort of end. Not that my lone non-purchases will matter, but it's the principle.

woots: 36
shirts: 25
sellouts: 4
sports: 2

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Smoke Plus Gear Equals Steampunk



oh poo @ the rejection

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

gee2thek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gee2thek
Re: Best Worn With Goggles



Once again, Boots, you amaze me. Great job!

--- Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

alfbo


quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: Phineas the Aeronaut



It's a cute design. You should find out when you can get the rights back so you can try to get it printed somewhere else. Or, could this be an editor's choice, shirt.woot gals and guys?

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

pyoungberg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyoungberg
re: synthetic beauty



woot! yes

eroot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eroot
Re: Gamepunk



i sooo want this shirt. 8(

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel
Finley4 wrote:Just look at the positive comments and the people that jump to the defence in Ramyb or Sekiyoku's thread to anyone that doubts it. You see a positive comment, hover over the name and see when they joined...



Several people on this thread have pointed to evidence that RamyB has registered multiple accounts in order to boost his rank. RamyB hasn’t defended himself in anyway. In my opinion by keeping silent RamyB is agreeing to these accusations of fraudulent votes. If he was fully legitimate wouldn’t he be shocked and/or pissed about these accusations and have something to say about it?

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Tremortime wrote:I love this more and more every time I see it. Red's shotgun clinches it.



I kind of prefer the chainsaw

http://www.threadless.com/submission/190051/THE_RED

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
spanishmel wrote:Several people on this thread have pointed to evidence that RamyB has registered multiple accounts in order to boost his rank. RamyB hasn’t defended himself in anyway. In my opinion by keeping silent RamyB is agreeing to these accusations of fraudulent votes. If he was fully legitimate wouldn’t he be shocked and/or pissed about these accusations and have something to say about it?



They defended themselves before, which prompted people to say that they were being overly defensive and that it was further proof of their guilt. It's a lose-lose situation, really.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Stormink wrote:On the collar and over the sleeve seam? Gonna deliver on that Woot or do we have a double standard?



You DO realize that they have to conference to reject something out of the fog, right?

sailormoontsu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Way to go Draxxx! I'm so glad you resubbed, and I'm pimping you in my sig. Get your derby back!

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

spanishmel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

I feel like this really goes beyond the printable area...and it is not SteamPunk. Why hasn't this been rejected?

twistedtap


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twistedtap

this is an official tin man protest!
you must vote in order to support the protest!
thank you,
-tin man