HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
cobolisdead wrote:They recently botched her print of gamer mother(which I am wearing today), and that is the third time that I've heard that they have seriously messed up a design. With that in mind, I'd stay away from Cameesa until they work out their kinks between them and their printer.

For the price, she could just as easily put it on Spreadshirt. $18 for T-shirt is a bit much.

When they seriously botch a print, though, supporters get TWO shirts.

chibiturtleboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibiturtleboi
Re: Out Of Steam

*whirring down* Noooooooo...
lol it looks pretty good, and the all blue colour gives it a sad feeling.

still..
never heard of a steampunk panda before xD

My body's stupid, stereo putrid
Spilling out music into raw sewage~

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

You have my bullet vote. Kick that guppy out the FOG!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

chicken32678

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chicken32678

I like the whimsical look with the top hat on the dragon. And I just love your username evilbluechickens! :D GMV

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Looks really cool. Would like to see a closeup.

IamIreland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland

I'm not really seeing anything steam nor punk about this... hold onto this until a 'Robots' Derby or something, eh?

~J

IamIreland

It's pretty, but it's been done. http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=WON-PORTHOLE&Category_Code=WON Sorry!

IamIreland

I like it! The robot (the larger) looks very distressed.

anatwork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anatwork

Hey! I even *like* the brown a lot better than the asphalt. You're right Draxxx--it works a lot better. Here's hoping it storms to the top.

IamIreland

I agree. Beautiful picture, well-representative of Steampunk, but the grey doesn't suit.

anatwork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anatwork
Re: Steam-powered heart

I like the warm tones and placement. Very nice.

IamIreland

I agree. Beautiful picture, well-representative of Steampunk, but the grey doesn't suit.

HellMac826

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HellMac826

Never posted on Woot before. After seeing the amount of work that went into this design and the hoops D had to jump through to get this where it belongs I had to make sure and submit my vote.

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
mollug wrote:Have you ever read any steampunk... very little of any of it has a discernible point, but that doesn't make it any less cool

Yep, I've read some steampunk lit, leaning towards the cyberpunk variations.

Guess I should have rephrased my question and asked how this design fit the genre ~ Just by slapping some gears and steam on a design? But that oversight seems to be the commonality with most derby entries... in this and most other derbies.

IamIreland

Clever enough.

IamIreland

I'm sorry if you thought of it all by yourself, but it's been done. To death. I doubt woot could legally even produce these.

IamIreland

Re: Fe-MAN

Fairly clever, but all-too reminscent of this fellow: http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=WON-PORTHOLE&Category_Code=WON

modestio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modestio

Great this is up again! Honestly this would be the only one I would buy. (don't like the others in the fug right now) Hope it's getting there again!

IamIreland

Re: MI 1600

1600? Hmmm... well-designed, and, aside from the uncomfortable goggles, I'm in favor of your choice to incorporate more wood!

~J

garven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garven

I just finished up a good run of Darius Gaiden too. I love the idea - you get my vote.

spinytailx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spinytailx
Re: McSteamy Banana

man, i saw the thumbnail of this shirt on the main page, and knew i had to have one!! i voted right away!!!

Feeferscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Feeferscat
The Tim wrote:Two words about this rejection: Totally lame.

Concur fully, Copyright is not an issue given Woot would be fully protected by fair use: Parody clause.

Ehhh, it's an alright shirt not one i'd personally have voted or bought but still that rejection reason behind this is really weak.

Signatures? I don't believe in them...

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

what woot needs to do to foil the obvious 1 woot item voters is to raise the amount of items bought needed to vote from the current number to perhaps 10-20 items in order to vote.

Just my 2¢

and to add to this.

they shouldn't show the names of the artists during the voting period, and only reveal them after the voting time has ended, or when the shirt gets printed.

that was fun while it lasted!

ChaosFox0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
stingray69 wrote:Overall, it is definitely better, especially for a shirt. I know this might be kind of frustrating to you, but I like the bolder colors better in the first one. I get what you did here, though, and I'm sure you put some work into figuring out the contrast. GMV this time.

Not as frustrating as one would imagine. It was a pain cuz I don't really enjoy making the separating the colors, and I was terrified that I didn't have time to do it. I do agree that this is a better shirt design than the last one, though. Thank you for the input!
If you couldn't tell, this is all very new to me. For a shirt design, you have to keep different things in mind than for other media. I wasn't doing so hot with that on the first one. I think I'm learning, though! Oh, and thanks for the vote!

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

sorry, finger slipped. please delete this post.

that was fun while it lasted!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
JenDupre wrote:Re-voted, and you're in new hotness. So fingers crossed that you make it back up there. I think you can. If it's a ramyb/ramyb win, I may just start listening to those wacky conspiracy theories.
Jen

I've been thinking the same thing. This derby has disgusted me more than any other in the past.

Go, go, go!!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

i love how woot won't ever answer anyone, and never has to answer for their snuggled up logic.

worst customer service? well, it's almost as bad as electronic arts, let's put it that way.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
eroot wrote:i sooo want this shirt. 8(

Keep this shirt in mind because I want to be able to sell it elsewhere. I am still waiting to hear back from Joel on if I can move it now, or if I have to wait 60 days. Keep checking cafepress.com/A2Ts. It might be on sale there, or it will give directions on how to get it for sale on Comeesa, perhaps. Thanks.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Voted again! Thanks for resubbing Drakxxx! Good luck!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Great! And it looks so much better on the brown, I think. Maybe the rejection was a blessing in disguise?

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
eHalcyon wrote:Ack, what happened with that one? I really liked the idea of Cameesa and the one print I have from them (Khameleon) is quite good, even though they didn't manage to do the placement the artist intended.

Somehow the green in the couch was off even though I gave them pantones. It's not too bad. I was upset at first, but I got used to it. You can see pics here. http://theinfinityloop.blogspot.com/2009/04/cameesa-pics-and-trying-to-win-loitery.html

cedricsmods

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cedricsmods
Re: Steampunk Birdsong

Great design, I especially like the Morse code in the back.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

Great work Blammoed!!
I love this one!

ChaosFox0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
Re: Beauty and the Beast (resub)

... "making the separating the colors"? Ugh, need to wake up before I post replies.

hastethechariot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hastethechariot
Re: The Aviator

Although I highly repspect the artwork on this one. I really don't dont see the association to the genre. Yeah you put a couple of pipes above his head that are emitting steam, but is this really steam punk?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

There are a few more in the top 8 that are more true to the genre. Lets not make this a popularity contest.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

I wish this could get back into the fog, instead it drops further back. Sigh.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
eHalcyon wrote:

Finally, it's frankly a bit suspicious that someone who only joined a day or two ago could have formulated such a well-informed opinion so quickly. Maybe you've been a lurker and only signed up for an account recently. If so, good on you. But if you're an active community member who elected to hide behind a fake account, then I urge you to drop the facade and just be straight forward about your opinions. I don't always agree with Adder, but the man is upfront about where he stands. He deserves respect because there's no ambivalence, no deception.

I don't see why you would want to hide your opinions, unless you thought it would be damaging to your reputation. But then whatever humble, good-natured and reserved persona you've crafted on your main account really means nothing at all. And if you're just acting, that's almost as bad as scamming your way to victory through multiple accounts.

Again, if you've just been lurking, I apologize and even commend you for familiarizing yourself with the situation, at least a little bit, before commenting on all the politics.

The sad thing is that this seems to be a remarkably common trend. It wasn't until very recently that I saw anyone post here that had never purchased a shirt. Anymore they are quite quite common and most talk about the types of shirts they've bought in the past....The numbers of accounts with very low purchase totals is also worrisome. They all love ramy and buy all his designs but a sitting on less than 3 woots in many cases.

I realize that I've been here for over a year and a half and have yet to pass the 25 mark (I'm very close) but the wealth of new accounts talking about things which went on before they joined is getting very high and very troublesome.

davengvar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davengvar

This shirt is very pretty. I would have done the detailing in a darker color though. On my monitor the details are a little hard to see.

The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime.

davengvar

I've never been a fan of chaos designs like this one and I don't really think it fits the theme. Just because the style has Victorian elements and there are machines involved doesn't mean it's steampunk.

The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime.

davengvar

(Duplicate post)