crackakillla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crackakillla
Re: The Girl in Red

Umm... looks good.. But there are much better entry's in this derby.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
sekiyoku wrote:Ramy is moreso the bunnies/rodents person. ;) But thanks.

And I couldn't agree with you more on the second part. I don't know why people who say things like "this isn't steampunk, it's CRA P" expect me to pay attention to them at all.

You don't pay attention to ANY criticism Seki, do you? Did you read the link to the Wiki entry on steampunk that Woot gave the designers? I doubt it. Don't feign ingnorance. And you haven't paid any attention to any criticism, constructive or not since you came to Woot.

crackakillla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crackakillla
Re: Computer Virus, circa 1897

Kickass idea but the art work is a bit to simple for me.

mllemeranii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
Re: My Dog Breathes Steampunk

GMV again Adder.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

I have some legitimate questions I need answered here:

Why is that dog steaming from his mouth?

What is holding that gear up in the air?

Why does the dog look like an overdone pork chop?

If I'm going to vote for this, I need to know what you were thinking while you labored over this. Really, Adder, I don't even think pork chops have mouths.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
marzipanapple wrote:I have some legitimate questions I need answered here:

If I'm going to vote for this, I need to know what you were thinking while you labored over this. Really, Adder, I don't even think pork chops have mouths.

I think the dog's name is porkchop.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
marzipanapple wrote:I have some legitimate questions I need answered here:

And I believe he ate the same bad burrito that caused the steam from the armored dog in another derby entry.

branmak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branmak
davengvar wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't think most woot people will believe you intentionally tried to copy someone else's design. Just ignore the bashers and try again next week.

Thanks! You rock!

Reaper621

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Reaper621

What an wily crawdad.

Askiopop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Askiopop

well I thankfully the cats don't mind

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

Needs more body armor.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: SteamBiker

What a fantastic illustration, great job!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

Scandi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scandi
Re: Portable Music

Is it rolling? like on a wheel? Am confused by this bit, but otherwise really love the color & the way it's drawn.

Scandi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scandi

Yay steambike! I hope this one gets printed.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
re: mermaid touch

Random thought - I smell bacon. Hmmm . . Turkey bacon. Anybody else on board for some bacon?

ste7enl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: MI 1600

oh, come on, we can break 80 votes

bellyup13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellyup13
Re: SteamBiker

This is my absolute favorite...but that may be cause im a bike rider. but what ever its killer! nice work!

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant

...the more i look at this now, the more i think it should be something other than white.

i don't know if you know much about woot, adder, or the online t-shirt world in general, but most people here prefer non-white shirts. ;)

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
thatrobert wrote:A few points:

* I'm GUESSING that it's the combination of Tetris plus Gameboy shape that is making Woot nervous -- pretty hard to not mistake it for what it is versus the couple buttons and blank screen on the shirt Woot already printed. Pretty mysterious still though.

* Joel is on a multi-week vaca so you won't hear from him. If you wrote to him directly, resend to the shirt account.

* 60 days is regardless of rejection since Woot gives HMs to rejected shirts AND to avoid artists uploading completely off-topic shirts for the free publicity and selling immediately.

Oh, ok, good to know. But, I'm guessing that if he's worried about copyright issues that he won't select it as a HM.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
davengvar wrote:The head of the ladybug has good detailing - why doesn't the body? That area of the shirt feels empty.

Mostly for aerodynamics.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter

this made my day, thanks adder

ankmet20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
modchen wrote:my first comment, as well.

i run three steampunk networks and am reasonably-well-connected in the community.

your research shows. the color is creative and fresh - i would have liked to see a cream color or a light beige for summer, but that's enlightened self-interest talking - and anyone who looks at this, doesn't see your standard tubes, gears, cogs, and pipes, and sniffs, "this isn't steampunk," (a) is sadly bankrupt in imaginative faculty, and (b) needs to be reminded that nobody died and made them the arbiter of what is and isn't steamy.

that said, -i- think it is, and i know what the PTERODACTYLS! i'm talking about. good work. got my vote.

Just have to say, congrats on an awesome first comment. Thank you everyone for all your comments, I appreciate every single one of them, but man, this one rocks. The "arbiter of steamy"... what a fantastic position that would be.

Mroczkowski

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski
re: steamworks operatica v.2

According to: www.shirtderbystats.com

Looks like you need about 100 more votes to get into the fog, and about 250 to print. Of course these numbers keep increasing...

Good Luck.

Mroczkowski

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski
Re: Idle Hands

I agree...too bad this one wasn't in the derby earlier, or in the deco derby.

I would like to see more of this style in future derbies. Thanks for posting the full-res image.

jewelwing

Re: Idle Hands

Oh nice! A deco shirt. I've been waiting for this ever since, well, the deco derby. Beautifully done too. Strange to see it show up here tho. Oh well, whatever. GMV

jewelwing

Re: Cloud Corsairs

Glad I took the time to go back thru the entries again and saw this. Missed it the first time around and it's really nice.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Mroczkowski wrote:According to: www.shirtderbystats.com

Looks like you need about 100 more votes to get into the fog, and about 250 to print. Of course these numbers keep increasing...

Good Luck.

SDS isn't known for their accuracy. Its only an estimate until things start going back and forth in and out of the fog.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

ankmet20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20
Re: Strange Love

You know you wanna vote :P

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous

I wonder what would happen if this actually got printed. LOL. I would buy it.

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka
2thFairy wrote:And I believe he ate the same bad burrito that caused the steam from the armored dog in another derby entry.

ROFL!

ZMaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZMaiden
peppersagooddog wrote:

and for those of you wondering how it is that this is fogged but the thread is full of "hate" (though there is really no hate, just the lamenting about off topic designs getting fogged) this dynamic duo of "artists" has hoards of sycophants that will vote for, and even purchase, because they are obligated to out of fawning love.

There are two things I am getting sick and tired of. Number one is this idea that anyone who likes and/or votes for an anime design is deficient in some manner. I like anime, and I don't think it's fair to say I have no taste just because I like a style someone else hates.

And the second is the, supposition that those who like and/or vote for Seki or Ramy are "sycophants". I'm sure I'm *much* older than these two kids, so I really have no reason to suck up to them. It doesn't get me a free shirt, heck, it doesn't even make my gamerscore (not sure the word I wanted to use is allowed, eh this means the same thing anyway.) bigger. I've never met them, or talked to them outside of woot, nor do I ever anticipate doing so. Yet, 9 times out of 10, I've voted for their designs. This time I have not voted for Seki (Sorry) because I didn't think I'd buy the design. Obviously though, I am either a fawning 13 year old girl ( "Ooh ooh! SekiRamy! Let me touch yooooouuuu!) or a time-traveling Cylon (We have a plan. Ramy looks awesome in that red dress.) Just getting a little frustrated here.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

More votes guys!

ryano1124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryano1124

Man do I hope this makes the top 3 cut!

ducttapelullaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ducttapelullaby
Re: Steam-powered heart

I <3 this design partially bc my bf has a steampunk heart tattooed on his chest

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

First time I really LOLed at an entry. There are maybe 3 entries that qualify as steampunk in this entire contest, and one of them was your rejected shirt.

God I hope this knocks that "other" dog entry out of the fog. This is obviously the real deal.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

woot embrangles at making themes. And then they sleep until it's over.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

kochoupink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kochoupink

Cute animal + steampunk done right!
I wish this had a chance to be printed. I want it!

masterxuln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterxuln
Re: Outpost

Wow great design. The placement is what makes it stand out most for me. And while I'm not usually a fan of this color, I think it works very well with this design. Overall, nice work! +1

Vegdeg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Vegdeg

Nice shirt