rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
thisisme84 wrote:Borderline Clown...shoes...

Thanks?

gesangbaer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gesangbaer

This is genius. I love the way the "darker" animals counter the fluffy ones from the base story. Technology over magic, hehehe. I wonder what the prince would be like?

redskull11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redskull11
Re: True Steampunk

Haha I love this one, very humorous.

redskull11

Re: Tesla Versus Mars

I'm surprised this is the first entry to feature Tesla.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
kdubbs29 wrote:Oh, ok, good to know. But, I'm guessing that if he's worried about copyright issues that he won't select it as a HM.

I want this shirt, but ThatRobert is right about rejected shirts...and I don't think the reason for rejection comes into play for the 60 day rule. Once you submit a design, it belongs to Woot for 60 days unless they specifically tell you otherwise.

So, I think your best bet is to hope they release you from the 60 day contract directly through your e-mail correspondence. However, if they do, that will set a dangerous precedent where other rejected artists might start e-mailing Woot begging them to release their designs.

If people really want this shirt, they'll get it after 60 days...especially if you post that you've got it up somewhere to remind everyone. Others make posts like that in World of Woot Shirts all the time. I agree that Cameesa would be a good choice. Skirochester submitted his 1928 Birth of an Icon shirt to Cameesa after the 60 day hold, and it was supported and sent to print in less than a day.

Whatever happens, I wish you luck with the design. You'll have my support if you submit to Cameesa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

visi0nX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages visi0nX

Dang, i voted, but this probably won't win. Same design as Dimebag's guitars, I'd get this in a heartbeat.

Nizo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nizo

double post >.<

humps411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humps411
itoaseik wrote:First time poster, wanted to wait until I had something worthwhile to say. My first thought when I saw the first version of this "protest shirt," or whatever it might be called, was "slightly funny, mostly stupid." But after thinking about it more, seeing the troubles of Drakxxx and others, and seeing the off-topicness and pandering (or at least cuteseyness) of the fog, I have come to fully support this entry. I believe this is the best (and only viable) way for those with similar opinions to try to influence the outcomes of these derbys. I believe that suggesting rule restrictions ("no flying penguins") or rejections based on relative off-topicness would be bad for a few reasons:
1. Not gonna happen
2. Restricts artistic freedom (much as I personally hate the cutesy animals)

So, good job Adder, let's just hope that people can be encouraged to vote more for on-topic and genuinely creative entries through satire, unlikely as it may be... GMV.

Great Post. Great Shirt. Great F*ing Point!

How 'bout something as simple as a 2 week waiting period before a winner of a derby can resubmit a shirt into the competition? At least it'd springboard new ideas and add some variety to the fog.

humps411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humps411
bobichka wrote:Sorry, you got it all wrong. The eyes need to be empty white circles for this to work.

Or at least make everything on the shirt look like it's made of rubber ducky plastic. Come one! Where's the shiny?

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

get back in the fog already damn you

Nizo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nizo
ramyb wrote:I have responded to this many, many, many times in the past. I'm not going to flatter you by digging up my responses, you can do the work yourself if you want. I'm not going to defend myself again when your response is going to be that some other artist on another website said that I did it, so I must be lying. You made your account two days ago, and your 3 posts are all on this thread bashing me. If you don't want to face me and are just looking to try to throw some Gigli (2003) at me for kicks, do what you want. My post above addresses all points that are relevant to woot, which this isn't.

I also think it helps that you usually submit your designs early in the competition gaining more of a following so even if your design is rejected most people, including me sometimes, will go back and revote. Yes, there are times in my opinion when some of you and Sekiyoku's designs shouldn't win (the circus derby to be exact, I still don't understand the dumbo shirt >.<) but I think a lot of people vote on your name. They see who it is by and it changes their outlook on the shirt, that’s why when it comes to print day they decide they wouldn't actually wear it. Whenever I see a shirt by Cho for instances I usually think it’s better just because it’s Cho. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: God's Tea Kettle

Could you please post a larger detail picture to the comments so we can see it better?

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
leelaaa wrote:get back in the fog already damn you

have you noticed that no mater how many votes this shirt gets all 4 or at least 3 of the fog shirts get the same or very close number of votes???? kinda odd don't ya think??

rowanofrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanofrin
Re: Strange Love

Awesome design. Got my vote.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

When my mom was a kid she had a cat named "Puss in Boots"..."Puss-e" for short. So when the Cat needed to come inside at night she would stand in the driveway and yell "Puuuuussssssyyyy!"

This is one of your best entries DataBit! Very creative and funny. I love the tail! I would probably buy this for my sister. That being said...after I read the nipple ear thing I can't look at this and not see the nipple!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: My Dog Breathes Steampunk

come on only ....800 more votes and it might make it into the fog!!! B^) man i wish this would get in there!!!

rowanofrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanofrin
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

Come on, into the fog with thee!

I SERIOUSLY want to buy this shirt. I am still fuming over the retraction of V1, despite the improvements in this version.

redskull11

L3g3ndQ wrote:have you noticed that no mater how many votes this shirt gets all 4 or at least 3 of the fog shirts get the same or very close number of votes???? kinda odd don't ya think??

Not really too odd. You are able to vote for as many shirts as you want, so maybe new voters vote for them all?

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Radscoolian wrote:Did you build this on illustrator, photoshop or both?

I hand drew it first, then I inked it and colored it in Photoshop.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
theinfinityloop wrote:I hand drew it first, then I inked it and colored it in Photoshop.

It looks almost like vector art, its so smooth. I like photoshop, but a lot of the time you can tell that an artist was using the brushes. Good job

spanishmel

Hey! The thumbnail doesn't do this justice! I really love this. Nice work. I love the fantasy world you have created. +1

Very nice. I love the bug steam ship thing-a-ma-jig.

Scandi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scandi
stingray69 wrote:You are the most consistent submitter in the weekly derby.

Dare I say "best pucker design yet"? I think it might be so!

Scandi

Brudaddy wrote:Kind of creepy.

Yes, but strangely compelling....hope we see more from this designer (forgive me if we have already; it's hard to keep up).

Scandi

Selgeron wrote:be proud of your constructed origins! Show your gears on the outside!

pretty!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Radscoolian wrote:It looks almost like vector art, its so smooth. I like photoshop, but a lot of the time you can tell that an artist was using the brushes. Good job

And you used a pad? I have been hand drawing, hand inking and then coloring on photoshop. I end up having to clean it up and I don't get the best line quality.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Scandi wrote:Dare I say "best pucker design yet"? I think it might be so!

"300" was the best.

spanishmel

I love this one sooooo much more without the girl...she was great but she didn't fit.
+1 Good work. This has great vintage feel.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
humps411 wrote:Great Post. Great Shirt. Great F*ing Point!

How 'bout something as simple as a 2 week waiting period before a winner of a derby can resubmit a shirt into the competition? At least it'd springboard new ideas and add some variety to the fog.

I don't think that the point is to try to "socialize" shirt.woot. Unfortunately the majority rules and many voters of the shirt.woot nation appear to usually like cute stuff and ignore the the rules and the "spirit" of the derby when they vote.

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus
manticoreparade wrote:The gear doesn't have enough personality. If I may make a minor suggestion...

o, my yess, what a improov... you givd it b**bs and furry lady parts. sexist weasel.

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

mewlink64

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mewlink64
L3g3ndQ wrote:have you noticed that no mater how many votes this shirt gets all 4 or at least 3 of the fog shirts get the same or very close number of votes???? kinda odd don't ya think??

I do find it odd, but whatever.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Nizo wrote:I also think it helps that you usually submit your designs early in the competition gaining more of a following so even if your design is rejected most people, including me sometimes, will go back and revote. Yes, there are times in my opinion when some of you and Sekiyoku's designs shouldn't win (the circus derby to be exact, I still don't understand the dumbo shirt >.<) but I think a lot of people vote on your name. They see who it is by and it changes their outlook on the shirt, that’s why when it comes to print day they decide they wouldn't actually wear it. Whenever I see a shirt by Cho for instances I usually think it’s better just because it’s Cho. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents.

I agree with you totally here. Ramyb has his shirts in within the first day or so which keeps it up in the fog at first so people can see it easily, that's why when he did the tree shirt last week, he submitted it later and it didn't get into the fog. Plus, I vote on his name because I really like his shirt style.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
mewlink64 wrote:I do find it odd, but whatever.

But the derbies have been so close always. It's not anything new for shirts to be anywhere from 5-50 votes apart.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
peppersagooddog wrote:this is incorrect. for the record; they do read, laugh at, and occasionally even respond to posts. do not expect them to comment often. do not expect an answer when one is demanded. joel will answer you just about as often as god does, but he does know what is being said in the forums.

and for those of you wondering how it is that this is fogged but the thread is full of "hate" (though there is really no hate, just the lamenting about off topic designs getting fogged) this dynamic duo of "artists" has hoards of sycophants that will vote for, and even purchase, because they are obligated to out of fawning love. there is unfortunately nothing against woots rules about that so every single week you will be fed the same thing and you will LIKE IT AND BUY IT. the collective says so.
that being said, i still stand by my previous statement that i appretiate seki's effort to change it up just a tad this week and do something slightly different.

You are awesome.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
wootasourous wrote:I agree with you totally here. Ramyb has his shirts in within the first day or so which keeps it up in the fog at first so people can see it easily, that's why when he did the tree shirt last week, he submitted it later and it didn't get into the fog. Plus, I vote on his name because I really like his shirt style.

You are part of what's wrong with this site.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
re: idle hands

Thanks for the comments folks, always great to get feedback. Yes, this one was intended for the deco-derby but I failed to make the deadline. The Afghan hound in the original design had a little more hair on it than it's replacement but aside from that, it's my 'never ran' entry for 'that' derby.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert