picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
databit wrote:[shameless promotion of my blog]
It’s Wednesday and I have made my list. If you are the least bit interested, come on over to the blog. If not, continue on to the next comment (unless it is a double/triple post by me, then ignore it).
[/shameless promotion of my blog]


Your cheque's in the mail squire..;]

alfbo


quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



WHY.WON'T.THIS.FOG?

Grrrr.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

cobolisdead


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
eHalcyon wrote:Truth, truth. Though I am not so excited at the prospect of a derby devoted entirely to sunsets.



I'd actually like to see that one.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
JadenKale wrote:At this point, we're looking at over 1000 votes per entry in the fog (or pretty damn close.) In the past, once we hit the 1k vote number, chances were high that the design would sell out. Now, if they don't, I'd be interested to know why. The average of 2 and 3 shirt purchases still sit in the combined 5-10% of sales. If these votes are accurate, we should see close to no multiple sales (under 6% total) and sell outs before noon CST on at least 2 shirts, and the 3rd place selling out by no later than 5pm CST.

I don't think the customer base is changing at all. It's the same computer/technophiles who desire instant gratification that visited before. Part of our high numbers can be attributed to the new vote link on the main woot page (replacing the reckoning list link, since all that was doing was boosting seki's sales and pretty much nothing for the rest of the other 26 shirts for sale), but the purchasers will still be the same.



I don't really have any investment in this since I'm not going to be printing, but Drakxxx certainly has enough momentum that he can potentially still print. (according to SDS) However, if he prints, he's definitely going to have over 1000 votes. So do you expect him to sell out, and if he doesn't are you going to accuse him of having a bunch of fake accounts?

As for the reckoning link - it did increase the sales for my music picture, but it also did so for practically ever other shirt in reckoning. And very significantly too, for example, Nevermore sold 246 compared to 115 the previous week, and Imposter sold 209 compared to 104. Just as examples. Also keep in mind that the link was only up for something like three days.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Jebus how many votes do you need to get into that fog?? come on people vote for this shirt!!!!

Mroczkowski


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski
re: steambiker



Just wanted to let you know you GMV!

Since it is unlikely that you will get 300+ votes O/N, let us know if you decide to print this elsewhere by posting a link in you sig.

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
KarenClark wrote:Just the overreaction, personal investment, the giant run-on, the personal insults and the homophobic way you brought in another designer to call the a simply delightful couple. Kudos, my friend. Kudos.



Homophobic? They are b/f and g/f.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Mavyn wrote:

And I agree--voting for something because of the who artist is just as silly. I don't vote that way, I vote on designs I'll either wear myself or give to someone.



Cool.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
sekiyoku wrote:As for the reckoning link - it did increase the sales for my music picture, but it also did so for practically ever other shirt in reckoning.



Completely and utterly off-topic, but it kind of irks me that you refer to designs, entries and shirts as "pictures". Just a weird pet peeve, I guess.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
eHalcyon wrote:Completely and utterly off-topic, but it kind of irks me that you refer to designs, entries and shirts as "pictures". Just a weird pet peeve, I guess.



I think someone else commented on this being annoying before. :p I'm used to referring to artwork as pictures, and also, I think almost all the entries fall under the category of a picture anyway, but I have actually been trying to cycle out that word from my t-shirt community vocabulary.

lexaverial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexaverial
KarenClark wrote:Just the overreaction, personal investment, the giant run-on, the personal insults and the homophobic way you brought in another designer to call the a simply delightful couple. Kudos, my friend. Kudos.



How is it homophobic in anyway? Sekiyoku is female and Ramyb is male, and they are dating. They simply ARE a delightful couple?

youfail


quality posts: 0 Private Messages youfail
sekiyoku wrote:I think someone else commented on this being annoying before. :p I'm used to referring to artwork as pictures, and also, I think almost all the entries fall under the category of a picture anyway, but I have actually been trying to cycle out that word from my t-shirt community vocabulary.





ftr, its never bothered me. in fact it was never noticed.
*makes mental note to stop calling everything a drawing or piece from now on*

youfail


quality posts: 0 Private Messages youfail
KarenClark wrote:Just the overreaction, personal investment, the giant run-on, the personal insults and the homophobic way you brought in another designer to call the a simply delightful couple. Kudos, my friend. Kudos.




schmendrick the magician and the lady amalfia are a couple, according to them at least. for the most part we do not believe them to be NEED MOAR ADJECTIVES!, though the cutsie rabbits and forest friends make some of us wonder.

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
youfail wrote:schmendrick the magician and the lady amalfia are a couple, according to them at least. for the most part we do not believe them to be NEED MOAR ADJECTIVES!, though the cutsie rabbits and forest friends make some of us wonder.



brilliant post!

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
masterxuln wrote:If this gets rejected that would F A I L. I think this is one of the best entries this derby and one of the only ones I'd buy/wear. Of course I do agree that it doesn't exactly fit the theme, but I really don't care all that much. Most of the shirts that DO fit the theme, I wouldn't wear. If the shirt looks good, I'll buy it whether it fits the theme or not. This is a t-shirt site after all.



Once again, why even have a theme at all, then? I mean, I have full confidence that all of the artists of the on-topic submissions that you may not find wearable (which doesn't make too much sense) could do fantastic designs that have absolutely nothing to do with the theme. But that's not the point.

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
heartluce wrote:Homophobic? They are b/f and g/f.



I am replying to this, but it should be to the other post, but that's the funniest thing I've read on here in a while!

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
L3g3ndQ wrote:Jebus how many votes do you need to get into that fog?? come on people vote for this shirt!!!!



well abut time!!!! now about 100 more to make sure it is in the top 3??? B^)

blammoed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Supportingsupportingsupporting! This HAS to be able to make it to the top three.. look at all those votes! I believe!

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
L3g3ndQ wrote:well abut time!!!! now about 100 more to make sure it is in the top 3??? B^)



spoke to soon but you are so darn close!! come on people!!! B^)

xstein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xstein

I like this one!

blammoed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Let's Play



I don't know if anyone else mentioned this.. but I wish the dog were fetching a wrench instead. Think it would tie it up better with the theme.

Though, congrats. And I think those textures and on the robot are fantastic.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

oh, so glad to see this back in the fog where it belongs!

keep those votes comin'!

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Great to see this in the fog, but it's going to have to keep up these numbers to have a chance it's probably still 100 or more below third place. Here's hoping it can make it.

branmak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages branmak
Re: McSteamy Banana



You should add a thumbnail to wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Banana
They need a pic on there and yours is the bomb.

ste7enl


quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
eHalcyon wrote:7 more.



thank ya muchly

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eHalcyon wrote:Truth, truth. Though I am not so excited at the prospect of a derby devoted entirely to sunsets.



Well, they could be on Mars, or Saturn, or something. But there'd have to be a sun, and it'd have to be setting. No sunrises. ;^)

lexaverial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexaverial
sekiyoku wrote:I don't really have any investment in this since I'm not going to be printing, but Drakxxx certainly has enough momentum that he can potentially still print. (according to SDS) However, if he prints, he's definitely going to have over 1000 votes. So do you expect him to sell out, and if he doesn't are you going to accuse him of having a bunch of fake accounts?



Nobody would accuse Drakxxx of that even if he didn't sell out. He doesn't have a reputation for scamming for popularity on Deviantart, nor does he have a bad reputation for being shameless money grubber who screws over other artists at conventions.

In short, Drakxxx has a pretty clean reputation. As Koronae said many pages ago, there is a saying about making one's bed and then laying in it.

Also, a lot of people are voting for Drakxxx solely to spite both you and Ramyb. The circumstances are drastically different. Even so, you can bet your butt that I'll be buying his design, and I bet a lot of others will as well, solely because they DO support Drakxxx and his awesome designs.

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

i don't even want this shirt and i'm going to vote for it because of what i perceive as an injustice.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
lexaverial wrote:Also, a lot of people are voting for Drakxxx solely to spite both you and Ramyb. The circumstances are drastically different.



That's a terrible reason to vote for a design. I sincerely hope that people are voting because they would buy it, or at the very least because they like the design. Voting just to spite someone is shameful, regardless of who it is you're spiting.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

gijose


quality posts: 5 Private Messages gijose

wow considering this fell out of the fog before being rejected, quite a come back

NYC!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
gijose wrote:wow considering this fell out of the fog before being rejected, quite a come back



Well, designs that are perceived to have been rejected unfairly often win over extra supporters who want to "fight the man".

I'm sure the changes Drakxxx made also had something to do with it (brown shirt, general clean up on the design).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

lexaverial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexaverial
eHalcyon wrote:That's a terrible reason to vote for a design. I sincerely hope that people are voting because they would buy it, or at the very least because they like the design. Voting just to spite someone is shameful, regardless of who it is you're spiting.



Oh, I certainly agree with you. I just suspect there is some truth to that. I genuinely like the design myself, and I think a lot of others do as well. But to say there aren't people who are voting out of spite is like saying that people don't vote for Ramy or Seki on name alone. It surely happens.

redskull11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages redskull11
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Wow it made it, Congrats! Hopefully this will get printed.

akumachan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages akumachan
byrbwr wrote:i don't even want this shirt and i'm going to vote for it because of what i perceive as an injustice.



same here.

I didn't vote for this when it was first submitted because I wouldn't wear it.

But seeing it rejected was definitely upsetting.

I voted to help make sure this one gets back where it should have been all along.

-ac

ankmet20


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankmet20
Re: Strange Love



HAHA I love the shameless promotion of your blog :D

justnaota


quality posts: 0 Private Messages justnaota
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Congrats on getting your design exactly where it always belonged.

Icemank91


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2




Keep the votes coming guys! Let's 'steam'roll this past all the rest! ;)

elwayman02


quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
lexaverial wrote:Oh, I certainly agree with you. I just suspect there is some truth to that. I genuinely like the design myself, and I think a lot of others do as well. But to say there aren't people who are voting out of spite is like saying that people don't vote for Ramy or Seki on name alone. It surely happens.



There are plenty of people who vote for Drakxxx on name, or jamescho, or tgentry, and many of the other artists who perform well week in and week out. How is it ok for them to receive votes that way but not for certain other artists, just because you don't like them?

elwayman02


quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
Re: My Dog Breathes Steampunk



this entry is just sad.

lexaverial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexaverial
elwayman02 wrote:There are plenty of people who vote for Drakxxx on name, or jamescho, or tgentry, and many of the other artists who perform well week in and week out. How is it ok for them to receive votes that way but not for certain other artists, just because you don't like them?



Note that I said I agreed that voting to spite people is shameful. The opposite holds true as well, it is just as bad to vote on name alone. I was just stating that this sort of stuff does happen. I'm not condoning it on any level whatsoever.