Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Looks really good guys. I love the light airy colors, and the almost diagram like feel the drawing has.

Sorry I didn't comment sooner, and thanks so much for the support.




Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Personal Steamputer



Your very good at drawing sir. After taking a look at your design here, I took a peek at your blog site you have linked, I'm thoroughly convinced.

I'm an illustrator first when it comes to this stuff as well. My best suggestion is to keep doing what you do and make the abilities you already have as an illustrator work for you in this medium, not the other way around.

Best of luck!


Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Awesome character and a gorgeous design sir.


Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I wanted to comment sooner sir, but it's been one of those weeks.

From what I've been told I know a lot about steampunk... and this is by far the BEST depiction of it in the contest in my opinion.

The drawing is amazing, and the details are absolutely perfect.


Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Thats one super wombat sir!

He reminds me of Emmet Otter.


tikipunkgirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tikipunkgirl
Re: Steampunk Birdsong



I'm loving this one 100%. Beautiful bird.

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



How did this get de-fogged??!?!!

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
wootasourous wrote:How did this get de-fogged??!?!!



Just kidding. It's fogged again.

rowanofrin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanofrin
wootasourous wrote:How did this get de-fogged??!?!!



Woot pulled the first design, as it was on the 'wrong shirt colour'.

Come on peoples of the aetherwebs, let's keep pouring in the votes!

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

mfire12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfire12

j

LightSpiral


quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Got my vote again!

Icemank91


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Leonarda Da Punk



1 more vote till my goal! 100. =)

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Drakxxx wrote:Thats one super wombat sir!

He reminds me of Emmet Otter.



Thanks, Drakxxx. He does look similar! My fingers are crossed for you!

Mroczkowski


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski
re: steamworks operatica v.2



Less than 4 hours...

Congratulations for making it into the fog last night!

Keep the votes pouring in!

Icemank91


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Icemank91 wrote:1 more vote till my goal! 100. =)



Hurray! A new woot record for me! 100. =)

Thanks all, and great job everyone this derby!

cleverconveyence


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
elwayman02 wrote:I disagree. Voting to spite is much worse than voting on name alone, because voting out of spite is a malicious attempt to sabotage an artist's chances at printing merely because you don't like them, whereas voting on name alone is merely supporting someone who you believe is talented or perhaps have a personal connection with. In general, though, I think most people at least look at the entries they are voting on before they vote. For example, I consider myself to be a friend of sekiyoku's outside of Woot (I knew her from elsewhere before she started entering derbies), but I don't always vote for her designs, especially if I see designs I like better that she is in competition with. However, if I am generally ok with all of the designs she is competing with, I'm more likely to vote for her design than someone else's, because I like to support my friends. This applies to other artists as well, not just sekiyoku. I've worked with sailormoontsu, fablefire, and drakxxx on varying numbers of collaborations in the past, so I tend to support their entries under the same system. I omgwin! to see how that is a bad thing.



Well, it's not like this is going to pull into the fog or anything. It'll be lucky to get 19th place. But it's expressing a position, and a fact that it's not a fringe opinion.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

rowanofrin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanofrin
Re: The Aviator



Good drawing, but I have to agree this is not Steampunk. Shouldn't Woot enforce the theme, or if not, what is the point of having a theme?

mitchellp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
kaseyfleming wrote:no doubt. by far one of my favorite artist on woot. its a shame his designs fall short in the derby week after week. i have discovered myself its almost pointless to compete with the woot "stars"



Haven't you won a few of these?

KarenClark


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark
lexaverial wrote:How is it homophobic in anyway? Sekiyoku is female and Ramyb is male, and they are dating. They simply ARE a delightful couple?



LOL, I'm sorry, I thought he was just resorting to childish insults.



ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
Re: Beauty and the Beast (resub)



Thank you, everyone who voted for me! I didn't expect nearly so many votes, being a virtual unknown and all. I look forward to the next derby, and hope to do even better!

bmscurlock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmscurlock
KiraNoFutago wrote:I don't know, I don't think I'd like it so much on a black shirt in comparison...



I agree. I like it ... no, LOVE IT .... as it is. I wish this was one of the top three. I would buy it .. and wear it .. often!

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
ChaosFox0 wrote:Thank you, everyone who voted for me! I didn't expect nearly so many votes, being a virtual unknown and all. I look forward to the next derby, and hope to do even better!



I look forward to seeing what you do next as well.

jezibel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jezibel
Re: Steam-powered heart




Yes, Please!!

mistmi01


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mistmi01
koronae wrote:...

(Also, I've never denied Ramyb doesn't have talent. I just believe that he often fails to utilize it. Go look at the art he did before he got into the anime cutsie BS.)



Exquisite use of the double negative. I too have never denied that Ramyb "doesn't have talent"...when I begin denying, someone may strike me :-)

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
elwayman02 wrote:I disagree. Voting to spite is much worse than voting on name alone, because voting out of spite is a malicious attempt to sabotage an artist's chances at printing merely because you don't like them, whereas voting on name alone is merely supporting someone who you believe is talented or perhaps have a personal connection with. In general, though, I think most people at least look at the entries they are voting on before they vote. For example, I consider myself to be a friend of sekiyoku's outside of Woot (I knew her from elsewhere before she started entering derbies), but I don't always vote for her designs, especially if I see designs I like better that she is in competition with. However, if I am generally ok with all of the designs she is competing with, I'm more likely to vote for her design than someone else's, because I like to support my friends. This applies to other artists as well, not just sekiyoku. I've worked with sailormoontsu, fablefire, and drakxxx on varying numbers of collaborations in the past, so I tend to support their entries under the same system. I omgwin! to see how that is a bad thing.



A good friend you are.
I threaten my friends lives if they don't vote for me. Thursday is judgment day, there's usually a couple of asses kicked by the end of the day.

ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
2thFairy wrote:I look forward to seeing what you do next as well.



! Thank you!

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
rowanofrin wrote:Good drawing, but I have to agree this is not Steampunk. Shouldn't Woot enforce the theme, or if not, what is the point of having a theme?



To spite you, apparently.

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
eHalcyon wrote:I think it's appropriate and justified to complain about ramy and seki's designs for their off-topic-ness, persistent similarity, etc. but it is ridiculous to bash them just because they are successful. Sure, they have arguably had more success than Cho did (note: jimiyo has always been too good for Woot and has never really been successful here), but just barely. To complain about their success and not Cho's is hypocritical. Maybe people are forgetting just how successful he was because he's been gone for so long. He's very nearly swept derbies before, with multiple entries in the fog and in the top ten. Someone even left a comment in his flying penguin's thread that implies the person voted on name only. Sure, they have fans here that vote for them. So does every other regular artist here - Edgar, Loopy, tgentry, Boots, drakxxx, skirochester - they all have established fan bases. It's just ridiculous to complain that people who like their work are voting for their entries. That's the whole point of the derby.



Woot paid for my car parts >:D

itoaseik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
maryahari wrote:Friday at noon: Derby theme is announced, Derby opens for submissions and voting

Following Wednesday at noon: submissions close

Following Thursday at noon: voting closes, winner announced

Hope that helps =)



Thanks for clearing that up, I'm sure that has been prominently displayed to me many times on Woot, hopefully I'll remember now. On another note, is there any particular reason Woot does not have a "click on user's name and see their previous entries" function? I've been wishing I could do that for some time.

blahmcblah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
HeartlineTwist wrote:Trust me, Storm, I want this to be rejected just as much as you do, but I also realize that the shirt.woot staff probably isn't around at all times. Should it have been rejected by now? In an ideal world, yes.



I can't even tell you how many times I've tattled on this entry and a number of others this Derby to no avail. I think woot staff isn't just not around at all times, I don't think they're *ever* around. Maybe Joel was the only one who could read tattles, and with him gone, Barbara is totally clueless. That could explain the bizarre "wrong color" rejections and the total lack of off topic rejections.

I've tattled on this shirt repeatedly for being off topic, and also for being too similar to a shirt that woot already printed (Against the Sky). No luck, obviously.


Vickinator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vickinator
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



I'm happy to see that even though the first entry was rejected, your entry is back in the fog. This just shows how much support you have from us!

kaseyfleming


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
mitchellp wrote:Haven't you won a few of these?



im not sure if kris has ever won a derby, but i have never won one if thats what your asking. iv only participated in about the last 4 derbys.

Scandi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scandi
jewelwing wrote:Glad I took the time to go back thru the entries again and saw this. Missed it the first time around and it's really nice.



Agree! I wish this flying ship had flied to the top!

supersonic213


quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
ambergreen wrote:I can't believe I missed this one earlier! Pretty cool!



Me Too!! This shirt is extremely awesome and I would have bought it in a second. I feel guilty that I did not give it my attention earlier in the derby and I won't make that mistake again, I hope.

rglee, your work continues to impress, as always! Truly epic AND on theme in an abstract sort of way. I love it!

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

Mroczkowski


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mroczkowski
itoaseik wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, I'm sure that has been prominently displayed to me many times on Woot, hopefully I'll remember now. On another note, is there any particular reason Woot does not have a "click on user's name and see their previous entries" function? I've been wishing I could do that for some time.



Almost...

Thursday @ noon (CST, Dallas Woot Time): Derby closes, the top 4 Contenders introduced, the next theme is announced, and people start posting ideas overnight.

Friday @ midnight (CST): 1st place revealed and put on sale.

Friday @ noon: Derby opens for submissions and voting

Saturday @ midnight (CST): 2nd place revealed and put on sale.

Sunday @ midnight (CST): 3rd place revealed and put on sale.

Following Wednesday @ noon: submissions close

Following Thursday @ noon: See above...

Cheers!

Abydos641


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Abydos641
re: steamworks operatica v.2



Yay! Congrats on getting back to the Fog You deserve it.

itoaseik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
Re: Rustic



I didn't realize the detail that went into the elephant the first time I saw it on brown... really amazing, very realistic style. However, I think the swirly design in the background takes away from this somewhat... I wish I had something more helpful to say as to how to turn the awesome elephant into an awesome shirt. Anyway, keep up with the drawings like this.

nrarmen


quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
bpr2 wrote:what woot needs to do to foil the obvious 1 woot item voters is to raise the amount of items bought needed to vote from the current number to perhaps 10-20 items in order to vote.

Just my 2¢

and to add to this.

they shouldn't show the names of the artists during the voting period, and only reveal them after the voting time has ended, or when the shirt gets printed.



The second part is brilliant. First part i could maybe sort of kind of roll with.

Icemank91


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
yakub89 wrote:I like this alot. Deservers higher rank!




Definitely!