JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Azzyally wrote:So if this shirt does get pulled are we going to have another impromptu random day like the last time?

I wonder if they'd have enough for randoms since they JUST had randoms last week.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

I ordered this right at midnight and then went to bed. Now, after going through these, I feel like a chump. Yeah Brocoli, yeah Grim Reaper, yeah Pinata. I just like the glow in the dark stuff and didn't put much thought into it when I hit the big yellow button.
They should cancel this and put up Draxxx's steampunk derby design.

JadenKale

AGrant311 wrote:I ordered this right at midnight and then went to bed. Now, after going through these, I feel like a chump. Yeah Brocoli, yeah Grim Reaper, yeah Pinata. I just like the glow in the dark stuff and didn't put much thought into it when I hit the big yellow button.
They should cancel this and put up Draxxx's steampunk derby design.

It's okay, A... they were banking on that initial reaction from the get-go.

I'm with you on the Drakxxx option. Like we need 3k worth of randoms of shirts we don't want anyway.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
tabrazinski wrote:this post... this post kinda annoys me. making it blatantly obvious that woot staff is reading the thread and choosing to ignore commenting on the content of the thread that the majority of us are concerned with. not looking for a proclamation. even a "we're looking into it" would make me perfectly happy.

Well, if you're talking about the Google Image Search issue, I am not looking into it, myself. That's totally outside my purview. (I wrote the description for this shirt, though, so I was just replying to someone who commented on it.)

I'm in the Eastern Time Zone, but it's just after 8:00 AM where most of the staffers are. If you want to talk with people who are in a position to make decisions about artwork, you'll probably have to at least wait until their work day starts.

Hope this helps you get over your annoyance, or at least manage it in the interim.

JadenKale

matthew wrote:(I wrote the description for this shirt, though, so I was just replying to someone who commented on it.)

I have to giggle at the fact you got in an under age swinger reference.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

This would be purchaseable if the glow in the dark was the other way around - who wants to see the pinata outline in the dark? It would be way cooler if the glow in the dark was on the candy, so that candy would appear.

laem.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

This one is really neat. Nicely done!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
bradyson wrote:BWAAHH, still no Steampunk...

:c(

you kidding? this is 100x more steampunk than either saturday or sunday's shirt

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui

This is my second shirt.woot buy and I'm in for two!

I lol'd at the candy outside. This shirt is definitely worth it.

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67
ramyb wrote:Woot glow in the dark ink is not extremely bright, but it's definitely visible- If you are looking for superglow, you should try threadless shirts (their glow is nearly visible in the light)- Woot's glow in the dark is definitely visible enough, at least for the first half an hour or so, but then becomes duller over time and is hardly visible after about an hour (these are just rough estimates based on my experience with pterodactyl and ghosties, though I haven't worn either in a while)

I was thinking about this a little bit more. Did woot steal some glow ink form threadless? Woot's glow ink has been green in the 3 other shirts and this looks blue to me.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

shonnelizabeth

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shonnelizabeth

What is type of animal is that anyway? Its got freakishly long ears. Is it supposed to be a burro? If so, its been exposed to WAY too much radiation.

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
ramyb wrote:Not to make this into another broccoli issue...

Thanks again for your remarkable vigilance, guys. So good to know we've got so many of you watching our backs.

We're looking into this and we're going to handle any possible issues. In the meantime, we'll be putting together a summit of the world's foremost paper-mâché experts to get to the heart of hard-hitting issues in the mock donkey community.

melibean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melibean

It's kinda like a Donnie Darko themed pinata. Anyone else see the scary bunny head?

M Murray

jabbasi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabbasi

the candy is about to be eaten and they're still smiling ... so brave :')

Shirt.Woot Purchases -
30 Shirts for Myself (15 Random)
9 Shirts Given to Friends
Most Recent Purchase: Random x3

pflugster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pflugster

Yea, llamas! Yea, glow in the dark!
In for one

SixPieces

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SixPieces

"Condition: not yet busted"

How ironic.

mihalopoulos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalopoulos

We're going to party
Karamu, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!
All night long, All night...

Scavenger574

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scavenger574

The one with the candy sticking out is the glowing version, Its like the X-ray shot.

pflugster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pflugster

Doh! Donkey, not llama. Still cute.

weetziebatattack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weetziebatattack

So is it on Navy or is it on Black? The two descriptions differ in this matter.

route42nj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages route42nj
pflugster wrote:Doh! Donkey, not llama. Still cute.

im with you...we need more llama shirts!
that being said, still in for two.

dunz0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dunz0

would have picked it up if the candy was glow instead of just the outline of the pinata, not the other way around

momz123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momz123

Cindo de Mayo is on Tuesday. Woot will overnight it for Wednesday. CooCoo!!!

peasgoodnonsuch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peasgoodnonsuch

Is it just me, or does it look like it's pooping candy?

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
peasgoodnonsuch wrote:Is it just me, or does it look like it's pooping candy?

Psst...I think that's the point.

Condition: Not yet busted...so, who's buying this as a kid's shirt...

Although I guess that that is not denoted anywhere on the shirt, so not as funny.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy
SixPieces wrote:"Condition: not yet busted"

How ironic.

Only slightly less ironic then when I mentioned it on the prior page of comments.

Reading - it's fun!

You've been put on posting probation for this post

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos

even if it is a direct outline of a microsoft character there is no copyright issues since the design is more than 20 percent changed in the representation of the character. besides it's a 3d character, if you were to make an outline at every possible angle the pinata could be viewed, well then they would have to sue a lot of random silhouettes.

i can take a bunch of socks, loosely place them in the ground in that general shape and say that's what i used as a trace.

on a different note, the fact that it sorta depicts a copy righted character makes it even more authentic. most pinatas now a day are illegal representations of cartoons, etc.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
mecos wrote:even if it is a direct outline of a microsoft character there is no copyright issues since the design is more than 20 percent changed in the representation of the character. besides it's a 3d character, if you were to make an outline at every possible angle the pinata could be viewed, well then they would have to sue a lot of random silhouettes.

i can take a bunch of socks, loosely place them in the ground in that general shape and say that's what i used as a trace.

on a different note, the fact that it sorta depicts a copy righted character makes it even more authentic. most pinatas now a day are illegal representations of cartoons, etc.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I can tell by what you're saying that you don't even have an educated layman's understanding of the issues involved here.

corleyp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages corleyp
ProfHotpants wrote:Thanks again for your remarkable vigilance, guys. So good to know we've got so many of you watching our backs.

We're looking into this and we're going to handle any possible issues. In the meantime, we'll be putting together a summit of the world's foremost paper-mâché experts to get to the heart of hard-hitting issues in the mock donkey community.

It's been about 6 hours. How is the "looking into this" going?

adambz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adambz

Bought one this morning. Love the design and the glow in the dark.

shirt.woot!:
Donut Panic, Shiny, Noted, X-Ray Fiesta, Jungle Within(random), Woodland Rock

woot!:
Woot-Off Lights

chobby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chobby

i was umming and arring over this for aegs and i just can't get one, if the glow in the dark was reveersed, the chin didn't look like a creepy smile and the image didn't seem so traced then this would be fantastic.
In fact, I'd probably consider it, even if just the glow was swapped around (as at least the artist has added some additional material to this).
Its a shame, because this is just the style that i love and the colours are awesome... maybe next glow in the dark *sigh*

BrandieHolic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrandieHolic

I'm really confused as to why it is assumed that the candy is only visible in normal light. In the preview gif, the candy version is the one with the glowing light around it. So won't that one be glow in the dark? That is what everyone wants, right..?

Anyway, it's a cute design and I love the happy candy with the swirls. :D It's the best part. I bought it at midnight, before I knew it was traced. But my favorite part wasn't traced, so I'm not extremely disappointed. It is a little disheartening, though.

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
weetziebatattack wrote:So is it on Navy or is it on Black? The two descriptions differ in this matter.

navy, of course - look at the

We call this color: Pinavyata

adambz

BrandieHolic wrote:I'm really confused as to why it is assumed that the candy is only visible in normal light. In the preview gif, the candy version is the one with the glowing light around it. So won't that one be glow in the dark? That is what everyone wants, right..?

Anyway, it's a cute design and I love the happy candy with the swirls. :D It's the best part. I bought it at midnight, before I knew it was traced. But my favorite part wasn't traced, so I'm not extremely disappointed. It is a little disheartening, though.

Maybe a staff member could come and clarify it? I'd rather have the candy version glowing than the other way around.

shirt.woot!:

woot!:
Woot-Off Lights

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
adambz wrote:Maybe a staff member could come and clarify it? I'd rather have the candy version glowing than the other way around.

That'd be helpful, but from how the site appears, the greenish outline is glow in the dark while the electric blue is visible in daylight - I've never seen glow in the dark ink look blue like that. Also, the rest of the shirt is darkened for the green one.

BrandieHolic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrandieHolic

Hmmm, now I do see how the image on the right looks more glow in the dark. Hopefully someone will come around and clarify! If not, I'll know tomorrow. ;D

GITD candy makes more sense, but I do like the candy version more, so I guess I don't mind either way.

adambz

smedgrick wrote:That'd be helpful, but from how the site appears, the greenish outline is glow in the dark while the electric blue is visible in daylight - I've never seen glow in the dark ink look blue like that. Also, the rest of the shirt is darkened for the green one.

Actually, the background color is the same on both versions. Either way, we won't know until staff comes and clarifies or until somebody receives the shirt tomorrow.(Now I'm wishing I had gotten the overnight shipping..)

shirt.woot!:

woot!:
Woot-Off Lights

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
corleyp wrote:It's been about 6 hours. How is the "looking into this" going?

What corleyp said.

lauradzlg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lauradzlg
smedgrick wrote:That'd be helpful, but from how the site appears, the greenish outline is glow in the dark while the electric blue is visible in daylight - I've never seen glow in the dark ink look blue like that. Also, the rest of the shirt is darkened for the green one.

But couldn't the rest of the shirt look darkened on the green one if the dark part is what glows in the dark, only visible when glowing?

Not that I can tell either way, really. I'm fairly sure that the outline minus the candy is the glowing part. I'm just playing devil's advocate. :-)

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
IndependentVik wrote:What corleyp said.

I wouldn't expect this situation to be resolved in a few hours...patience