smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
estebanb wrote:I remember when shirt.woot used to have cool shirts. I haven't seen one that I've really liked in months.

that's because nothing on the internet stays cool. except good ol' smedgrick of course

achickta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages achickta
animegirl wrote:I thought the jingle went "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs." That way, you get the letter "S" in there.

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. one dog and it adds an s. that's how i learned it.

Bandrik

quality posts: 72 Private Messages Bandrik

Yayyyyy! Call me generic for the cutesy shirts all you'd like, but I'm thrilled this one won. I eyed it during the "exercise" derby and wanted it then. And now I get it. Thanks, woot! =3

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
HeartlineTwist wrote:I am in the same boat, I just don't think the constant complaining about it is really getting us anywhere.

At a place where silence is so often taken for collusion, it's about the only way to to even hope that we might get anywhere.

dionb85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dionb85

Wow. This one won? Really? How cliche and unoriginal.

mllemeranii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
AdderXYU wrote:The point is simply: just because people want something in droves doesn't make it good. And it's way harder to argue Mr. Shatner's questionable artis

*snipped for length

Hey don't jump on my back, like I said, /Devil's Advocate.

I never said I thought this was a good shirt, or that I was going to argue such. =oP

Owlmullet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Owlmullet

Seems more like it should have been a key chain or something. Oh well. Another illustration from a children's book printed on a shirt to invoke gaiety to all who view it couldn't do the world any more harm.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

A noteworthy success, congrats.

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

jabbasi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabbasi
EdwardBlake wrote:The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs.

did anyone notice that ever letter of the alphabet is used in this sentence?!?!

Shirt.Woot Purchases -
30 Shirts for Myself (15 Random)
9 Shirts Given to Friends
Most Recent Purchase: Random x3

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777

Soooo, what shirt size should I get for an average size 3 year old?

soyokazefuhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soyokazefuhen
AdderXYU wrote:also doesn't make it any less the worst shirt in the entire derby.

This shirt winning the derby disagrees with you.

P.S. - Translation :WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mllemeranii wrote:Hey don't jump on my back, like I said, /Devil's Advocate.

I never said I thought this was a good shirt, or that I was going to argue such. =oP

I know. You're smart. That alone proves you'd never soil your flesh with this tee.

I just think it's important to make sure people know that popularity doesn't make something immune to being awful. And when this hackjob sells out and people start the "haha, see, it sold out," there will now conveniently already be a post that says "lots of people buy things that ultimately suck in objective ways"

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
soyokazefuhen wrote:This shirt winning the derby disagrees with you.

P.S. - Translation :WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Reading comprehension: not just convenient for SATs.

Popularity does not mean quality. Ever.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

Thanks to all who supported and continue to support this shirt!

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

...there needs to be a share button..

watching the havoc woot.. watching the havoc..

ocdboy777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocdboy777

Well, I don't want to buy the wrong size... so I guess I'll be passing. Night all.

mllemeranii

ocdboy777 wrote:Well, I don't want to buy the wrong size... so I guess I'll be passing. Night all.

There is a sizing chart on the main page if you scroll down.

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

So torn. I do like it, hack job or not. What to do?

I poop while I Woot.

veronikaa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages veronikaa
ratamadiddle wrote:First off, congratz Fablefire on this witty/nerdy shirt.

Only thing that I have an issue with is that this shirt won the double take derby, a derby where highly popular shirts in the community were brought back, with less than 1000 votes.

While this in itself is innocent, I find that due to the popularity of these shirts, that the vote count should be higher than in other derbies. However...

This shirt had over 100 votes less than the last derbies' 3rd place shirt, and 200 votes less than the 2nd place shirt; not including the 700 vote difference between last weeks, and this weeks top shirt.

Kind of an interesting lack in votes when a ramyb or seki shirt isn't in the running for a derby. Not saying anything specifically, but that is quite ironic.

Once again, congratz Fablefire and I hope the best for your shirt!

Happy Wooting!

interesting observation there.....

xanuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xanuser

I would so be in for 2 IF the fox was brown and the dog was in a hammock with a mai tai.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

CONGRATS TO YOU FABLEFIRE!!

fifteensmiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifteensmiles
mrwednesday wrote:Never fear! Similar shirts exist that are properly designed.

http://www.threadless.com/submission/183428/the_quick_brown_fox_jumps_over_a_lazy_dog/showmore,designs

edit: (currently available)

http://www.threadless.com/product/424/rand_enter

Now that is a good quick brown fox jumping over a lazy dog.

mllemeranii

fifteensmiles wrote:Now that is a good quick brown fox jumping over a lazy dog.

The first time I saw the threadless shirt, the first thing I thought was "Why is the fox humping the dog?"

Zyvo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zyvo

I have been checking out the shirts daily for a few months now, but this is the one that finally made me cave.

Congrats on the winning design, and hooray for my first woot shirt!

akaneboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akaneboo
mllemeranii wrote:I agree. But I also think this is guppy. Apparently it's some people's cup of tea, but I am extremely sick of seeing the same cute, anime-style animals every weekend.

uh huh.........let's have gothic, emo shirts every week instead...or swirly designs that swirl into animals or people!

you people are ridiculous. quit complaining already. So there are more cutesy tshirts available than the emo kind you all probably like to wear to look "cool" It's not like crazy, neat, etc designs never win. suck up the loss of not being able to buy the shirt you wanted. As difficult as it may to believe, you can't always get what you want. Shocking, I know.

Grats on the print.

mllemeranii

akaneboo wrote:uh huh.........let's have gothic, emo shirts every week instead...or swirly designs that swirl into animals or people!

you people are ridiculous. quit complaining already. So there are more cutesy tshirts available than the emo kind you all probably like to wear to look "cool" It's not like crazy, neat, etc designs never win. suck up the loss of not being able to buy the shirt you wanted. As difficult as it may to believe, you can't always get what you want. Shocking, I know.

Grats on the print.

I didn't realize there were only two types of shirts to buy - cute or emo. Well Gigli (2003), if that's the case, no wonder I'm not finding any graphic design shirts I want to buy consistently!

I guess I'll stick to my very non-emo and non-cute business casual attire from now on.

jannieb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jannieb
Floridafighter66 wrote:wow, i'm irritated. there were a ton of better shirts on this derby . . . .this shirt $^#$%^$%&*@$&*.

and yes, i did vote for the shirts i wanted. (for those thinking "why not just vote for the ones you did like, genius"?)

I AGREE!!

rownage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rownage

I can't wait for my friends to not get this. I'm in for one.

I'll be looking forward to the next keyboard-friendly shirt: stewardesses and a lollipop.

Escargoexpress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Escargoexpress

Looking at the four finalist shirts, it seems like the two grimdark shirts split the vote between the two, while there was only one cute shirt to vote on

RaistlinsShadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaistlinsShadow
wakandy wrote:It is super cute... but what is this from? I'm obviously missing something

From the font test phrase "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog", which uses all the letters of the alphabet.

Thunderscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thunderscat
heartluce wrote: I wonder why rami/seki don't try their hand at other places.

Nah, their... talents....are perfectly suited for this place, and this audience, just like today's carp.

......besides.....it's a lot harder to get printed at those other places where you can't just rig the voting system and come out being printed....

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
EdwardBlake wrote:The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Thunderscat wrote:I will add there is an unbelievable shirt at DBH today.

Interesting fact: the shirt that printed at DBH today was created by the same artist that created this week's OMGcat. CT is making some mad bank this week.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Jestik wrote:Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

^
reference.

2wellread

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2wellread
animegirl wrote:I thought the jingle went "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs." That way, you get the letter "S" in there.

I thought it was "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." That way you only insult one dog in the present tense, 'cuz you already had the "e" and the "d"...

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Zenne wrote:The line between trolling and not trolling can get blurry, mostly because it is in fact possible to troll with one's own opinion! I'm going to go ahead and say that everyone who has commented here has crossed it at least once in their lives, knowingly or otherwise. ;)

guilty as charged. slap me with a wet tiramisu stick(ladyfinger dipped in rum).

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
soyokazefuhen wrote:To all the people who flamed this shirt: I have one thing to say:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one

Yeah, yeah but if I see you around town wearing this the joke is (literally) on you.

Wooterologist

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wooterologist

All the winning entries this derby were moneymakers, but, IMO, uninspired. Like most things in most areas of life, then, they have come out on top. At least the world is consistent. I'd say derby democracy is at fault, but the past couple of non-derby shirts have also been sickeningly cute.

There are fewer and fewer shirts on woot these days worth my geek dollars, which I suppose is just as well, since it saves me money. Plus, when the rare gem shows up, I get proportionally excited.

I was going to suggest a geek/nerd-themed derby, but the cutesy results might just break my heart.

Cormano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cormano

Oh no, cute things!
Just kidding, awesome. It's the economy, man. People want happy things.
Bought one already. Trying to think if I have a friend who would wear this (or could pull it off), just 'cuz I kinda want another.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ChefRAZ wrote:guilty as charged. slap me with a wet tiramisu stick(ladyfinger dipped in rum).

...espresso... and mascarpone cheese.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2