KarinP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarinP

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

Am I the ONLY wooter who did not have to wiki this?

I knew it.
I'm the oldest wooter in here = : - O
How do people learn to type these days???
Typing class, 1976: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.
We learned it that way because it includes the apostrophe and shift key.

There is also this:
The Phone Company tests with The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back

Color aside, adorable shirt. The sweatbands give it just exactly the right twist.

mindyk1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindyk1212

I think it is cute (for what it is worth)....

Check out World of Dice- All things dice featuring a unique collection of dice jewelry.
And Gifts and Blessings- Buy gifts for one and provide blessings for many.

Barrc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barrc

I love the puns...very nice

Chadwick Barrs

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica
KarinP wrote:Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I knew it.
How do people learn to type these days???
Typing class, 1976: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.
We learned it that way because it includes the apostrophe and shift key.

There is also this:
The Phone Company tests with The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back

Color aside, adorable shirt. The sweatbands give it just exactly the right twist.

No you're not. ;) I think the whole drama surrounding the shirt has clouded the mere fact that no one is forced to buy it.

I poop while I Woot.

cerisier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cerisier

Am I the only one who thinks there should be a right hind leg showing? At least just a tiny bit? Okay, maybe I am the only one.

It still makes me smile, I'm in for one.

kybarsfang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kybarsfang

I'm glad this shirt made it to the Top 3. I like foxes, I like dogs, and I like puns, so it all fits! N41.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

that picture has a lot of letters in it. Congrats on the print!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

buppyspek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buppyspek
KarinP wrote:Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I knew it.

I knew what it was, too. If you were in typing class in '76, you're older than I am, but I'm still old enough to know instictively about the fox and the dog. All I remember from learning to type was "FFF [space] JJJ [space]."

I also think this shirt is adorable, and I think it'll make some great pajamas. I'm in for one.

Decker2pure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Decker2pure

this shirt makes me angry. it makes me even more angry that enough of you people voted for it to make it the winner. OH GOD! RUN!!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
superspryte wrote:...espresso... and mascarpone cheese.

ok spryte your gettin techy over there so... here I'll give you my recipe for tiramisu.
TIRAMISU

9x 13 cake pan - stainless steel bowl or similar.
prap ahead a sheet cake.( you will be using a thin layer on the bottom) thin and add to the bottom of your pan , then put in freezer. ingredents for filling are as follows.
2- 1 pound tubs of Mascarpone cheese
4 ouces sugar
2 tbsp of rum + some for the *simple syrup.
2 egg yolks
4 oz of heavy cream
2 cups simple sryup
1/4 cup Cappuccino extract
24 or so ladyfingers(however many you want to use really.)

*first simple syrup is made by adding equal parts of suagr and water on a pot on the stove boil 10 minutes until reduced by 1/3 set a side to cool (do this the night before and you can also use this for drinks and coffee.)also you will need an electric mixer of some sort.hand mixers will work too.

so take the eggs and put them on a double boiler with half the suger. stiring with a whisk constantly until it turns to a ribbon type thickness(meaning when you pick up your whisk the batter makes ribbons in the bowl.) when finished put that mixture in a mixing bowalong with the mascarpone , the other half of the sugar,rum, and heavy cream(unwhipped) then stick it in the freezer for 1/2 hour to get the bowl and mixture cold.
now take out the mixture out and put on your mixer mix untill thick and creamy(being the mix is cold that should take long) have a drink relax.. ok when its ready ...you are ready to assemble.
put the simple syrup in a bowl large enough to soak the ladyfingers.add some rum or Kahlua ,or both. Hey why not!!
then soak your cookies for a short dunk in the syrup. remember you want them to have a little crunch so not too long. take your cake in the 9x13 pan out of the freezer add some of the syrup on top of that layer with a pastry brush. add a think layer of the cheese mixture on the top of that followed by a layer of soaked ladyfingers. another layer of cream then more ladyfingers. then the last of the mixture. now refridge for 1 hour at least. whip 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream with 2 1/2 tbsp sugar. layer on top of the refrigerated mixture top with cocoa powder. Enjoy.

don't eat this and then drive People come on....

yemicculus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yemicculus

I can't believe this got printed... I'm sorry, but there is a serious lack of creativity/artistic merit here. We must have a lot of typists on Woot or something...

tmhaney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmhaney

I love it...old game...new critters.

"Leap Dog"

dcymbor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcymbor

Actually we used this phrase to test teletype machines(a long time ago) but we used:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dogs back 1234567890 times.

ChaosFox0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0

As someone who'll later today have a submission in the 'air' derby, I just want to point out that it's pretty vicious to just rip and rip and rip on someone's design. Things are always winning that I didn't vote for, or that I really wouldn't buy, but the majority of voters currently liked this one.
Does it make it better than the others? No.
Does it make it more popular? Yes.
That being said, there has to be some quality there, or nobody would have voted.

...also, I'm in for one. jeje

ShadowTech

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ShadowTech

Ah, shirt.woot. always good for a laugh. I have not, nor will I ever I bet, see a shirt on this site that actually looks decent. It's amazing throughout all these derbies the lamest shirts listed always seem to win. It must be nice for the "artists" to have people actually think their work is good, but seriously most of these shirts I couldn't see anyone actually wearing in public.

Granted there are a few decent designs, but if the design is good, they usually end up screwing it with a terrible shirt color choice. I'm no designer, but feel free to call me out on making my own. I still say most of these designers are horrible and are extremely lucky the internet allows all kinds of utter carp to find buyers. My favorites are the ones who consistently steal designs, mildly tweak them, and think they accomplished something grand.

\o/

bchu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bchu

I always wonder if they just typed the alphabet into an anagram finder...in fact, that's what I'll do now

Tana920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tana920

This title reminds me of typing drills in school when we had manual and electric typewriters.

Do the younger people even remember typewriters? Carbon Paper? Oh making a mistake was a blast. NOT!

Suddenly I feel so old.

Ah to be an 80's child again. In my dreams I guess.

nantes89

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nantes89

This is a great shirt, but I don't think it's '#1' quality, at least for me. PASS!

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
heartluce wrote:I wasn't really writing that to you - just a jumping off point, sorry.

On a positive note, Threadless, DBH, cameesa and teextile are getting a lot of my business ;-). I wonder why rami/seki don't try their hand at other places.

1) What's to say they don't already and just use different names. They both could easily have multiple prints on any other site for all we know.

2) Why bother? Woot is an easy grand a week for them. They work one day, sub it, it's up within seconds, they bask in the glow of a primed and expectant fan base for a week and then collect a check. Dunno about you, but if you are good at this (and they obviously are), why waste your time and energy at a place like threadless where the standards are astronomically higher and the payday is much, much further away?

broggyr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages broggyr
Tana920 wrote:This title reminds me of typing drills in school when we had manual and electric typewriters.

Do the younger people even remember typewriters? Carbon Paper? Oh making a mistake was a blast. NOT!

Suddenly I feel so old.

Ah to be an 80's child again. In my dreams I guess.

How about the mimeograph? When teachers would write their worksheets on a special transfer paper, then run them through this mechanical drum-type machine that made copies of the master with purple ink!

Child of the 70's...

irony [ay-ruh-nee', ay-er-nee'] adj.: Like goldy or bronzy, except made of iron

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

I knew this one was going to win! Congrats Fable!

lavareef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavareef
AdderXYU wrote:
And the worst part is that, as you can see from the comments, people are buying it thinking they're intellectual. Word to the un-wise: 99% of the country will get this shirt. People dislike it because it's not that creative. or attractive.

Well, I think that's a rather strong assumption to make. If people didn't get it they'd think that I'm just wearing a tshirt with a fox and a dog on it. I think it's a cute little play on a phrase I remember from my childhood, am I allowed to purchase one?

mdeancherry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdeancherry

I saw the fox/dog shirt on threadless and didn't like it as much. It looked more like some kind of fox-dog yin-yang concept rather than something jumping over something else.

I do wish the fox was brown. The reference falls flat as it is. Nice headband though.

PS. I've seen the idea posited in these forums that there are some kind of objective standards for t-shirt design that are broadly accepted and thus t-shirts can be objectively categorized as bad or good. I haven't seen anything like that. Reference?

Popular acceptance does not make a piece of art "good" but neither does a voice decrying it in the wilderness make it "bad". An objective evaluation would need to be based on some sort of goal set by the artist or governing body and then an agreed upon measuring of success. If the goal is to sell shirts on WOOT.COM then this is a relatively good shirt. If the goal is to express humanity's mixed emotions toward freedom then this isn't so good but I'm not sure what criteria you would use to measure that.

slicerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages slicerd

Sad that none of my fav shirts won but now that I know this has more to do with just cuteness I kind of like it. Not enough to buy it mind you but it's not bad.

elleronn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elleronn

the quick, brown fox jumped over the lazy dog...all the letters on the QWERTY board.

Frostbiter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Frostbiter

This is cute, but since the phrase has been in use for so long, why hasn't this been thought of before?

Congrats on the print, I like it lots :D

nescobosa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nescobosa

The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over The Lazy Dog. It's a sentence famous for using every letter in the English alphabet.

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper
ztfreep wrote:oh lord. back to cutesy animules. what to do, what to do?

Sit back and wait for another rad shirt with a rotting demon cat on it.

milpreve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milpreve

I was thinking more about the "missing" hind leg, and I determined that, at the angle it is at, the back hind leg would be blocked from view by the front hind leg. So worry not! The fox probably has all four legs. ^_^

jpmillman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jpmillman

I really want this shirt but I already have so many brown shirts. Tough decision.

Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper
Escargoexpress wrote:Looking at the four finalist shirts, it seems like the two grimdark shirts split the vote between the two, while there was only one cute shirt to vote on

So we got Nader-ed is what you're saying.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

Except vote splitting as a theory only works if people are allowed only one vote. I voted for several. Including both this and Monk (which I hope to be buying tomorrow).

icecue7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icecue7
dak0tah wrote:the fox looks orange-ish only because of the dark brown shirt color, if you look at it and think about it for a second, it really is a light brown. but yeah, it does appear orange.

in for one if i can get my javascript to work

edit: got it, this is great as an english major, lol

According to wiki, there is another variation of the pangram:
"the quick fox jumps over the lazy brown dog"

This one makes more sense since foxes aren't traditionally considered brown.

So it's actually better that it doesn't appear brown. (?)

sfeitler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sfeitler
ocdboy777 wrote:Soooo, what shirt size should I get for an average size 3 year old?

Kids 4 or 6.

My 3-year-old daughter has been getting 4's, but they're getting a little small, and kids grow so fast... I went with a 6 for her this time.

And an 8 for her 6-year-old sister.

dagnyv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dagnyv
broggyr wrote:How about the mimeograph? When teachers would write their worksheets on a special transfer paper, then run them through this mechanical drum-type machine that made copies of the master with purple ink!

Child of the 70's...

Woooow, yes, did anyone else think that those sheets of paper smelled so good, or am I just super weird??

And I'm actually a late 80's baby, but we still had a mimeograph at my elementary school.

meme20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meme20

someone asked where the title comes from, you have to be old enough to have learned to type on old typewriters before computer keyboards I guess. There was a sentence.....The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog..... that you used to have to type over and over and over and over and OVER with keys that had no letters on them, to learn to type. That sentence used every letter of the alphabet. Another sentence we used to have to type over and over was.... Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country..... because it used both hands on the keyboard consistently

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

I would say I'm amused at how many people have reproduced the sentence in here as "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" and say it has every letter. But then again, that's how I learned the sentence myself, and it took years before I finally realized "where's the s?"

curtcurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtcurt

I seem to remember using a sentence in typing class that was "The quick silver fox jumped over the lazy brown dog."

meme20

thurdl01 wrote:I would say I'm amused at how many people have reproduced the sentence in here as "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" and say it has every letter. But then again, that's how I learned the sentence myself, and it took years before I finally realized "where's the s?"

meme20

meme20 wrote:

you are right thurd, as soon as read the post i posted i realized i had put jumped instead of jump. remember white out and carbon paper and slinging that darn carriage back