meme20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meme20
meme20 wrote:you are right thurd, as soon as read the post i posted i realized i had put jumped instead of jump. remember white out and carbon paper and slinging that darn carriage back

DARN it, jumps instead of jumped, lol

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
meme20 wrote:DARN it, jumps instead of jumped, lol

speaking of jumping....

:le sigh:

billchase2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billchase2

hahaha, okay... this made me laugh. had to buy it.

nslaback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nslaback

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" was a line typing teachers used to practice all the letters of the alphabet.

amarokT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amarokT

Cutesy beats quality again. Awesome.

fizzbang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fizzbang
mllemeranii wrote:...but I am extremely sick of seeing the same cute, anime-style animals every weekend.

Same here. There were even a few days during the past month when I didn't visit shirt.woot at all. You believe that?

smudgeandsmear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smudgeandsmear

I think it was a foxternity hazing stunt....

sylviaindev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sylviaindev

I would have liked to get this shirt! I am a younger Wooter, but one of my favorite pastimes as a kid was collecting fonts (weird, I know), and anyone who has spent a large amount of time with the Windows Fonts collection is very familiar with this sentence. Would have been a cute gift for Father's Day too...oh well.

tgott6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgott6
sylviaindev wrote:I would have liked to get this shirt! I am a younger Wooter, but one of my favorite pastimes as a kid was collecting fonts (weird, I know), and anyone who has spent a large amount of time with the Windows Fonts collection is very familiar with this sentence. Would have been a cute gift for Father's Day too...oh well.

You can pick it up tomorrow

MajorPajor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MajorPajor

First woot shirt, but have been observing for a while. Couldn't resist, myself appreciating foxes, fonts, and typewriters.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
grayehound wrote:1) What's to say they don't already and just use different names. They both could easily have multiple prints on any other site for all we know.

2) Why bother? Woot is an easy grand a week for them. They work one day, sub it, it's up within seconds, they bask in the glow of a primed and expectant fan base for a week and then collect a check. Dunno about you, but if you are good at this (and they obviously are), why waste your time and energy at a place like threadless where the standards are astronomically higher and the payday is much, much further away?

It was a rhetorical question

kensuke155

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kensuke155
EdwardBlake wrote:The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

jumps*

nantes89

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nantes89

My.

Gosh.

Am I the ONLY wooter who did not have to wiki this?

I knew it.
I'm the oldest wooter in here = : - O
How do people learn to type these days???
Typing class, 1976: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.
We learned it that way because it includes the apostrophe and shift key.

There is also this:
The Phone Company tests with The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back

Color aside, adorable shirt. The sweatbands give it just exactly the right twist.[/quote]

Nah. I am pretty young, but I knew it. AND I am NOT happy with this shirt. Come on woot!!

thewylie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewylie

You can always vote for my shirt in this new derby since it's pretty much teh awesome !!! =P

thewylie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewylie
nantes89 wrote:
Nah. I am pretty young, but I knew it. AND I am NOT happy with this shirt. Come on woot!!

It's not woot it's the wooters!

inuxmedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inuxmedia
nantes89 wrote:My.

Gosh.

Am I the ONLY wooter who did not have to wiki this?

I knew it.
I'm the oldest wooter in here = : - O
How do people learn to type these days???
Typing class, 1976: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.
We learned it that way because it includes the apostrophe and shift key.

There is also this:
The Phone Company tests with The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back

Color aside, adorable shirt. The sweatbands give it just exactly the right twist.

I'm only 20 and this was a no-brainer for me. Of course, I'm a major computer geek, so there's no reason why I shouldn't know the meaning behind this.

kristinot10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinot10

I LOOOOVE this shirt! I was one of two that actually got this in my office! Made us feel like a bunch of nerds! LOL! I missed the sale though... where can I get one still?

cweichel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cweichel

More fruit with legs!!!

samspade

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samspade
cerisier wrote:Am I the only one who thinks there should be a right hind leg showing? At least just a tiny bit? Okay, maybe I am the only one.

It still makes me smile, I'm in for one.

My guess is if the right hind leg was showing, nobody would think it was the leg... if you know what I mean.

panicbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panicbot

sellout, noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

animals and a nerdy font reference both on one shirt, brilliant!

i should be $10 poorer right now.

kilomag2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kilomag2

This was a great shirt. I got many people to stare at me, realizing just what it ment. Picked it up in Cocoa Beach 2 summers ago. Great shirt!

supersecretbeta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages supersecretbeta
cerisier wrote:Am I the only one who thinks there should be a right hind leg showing? At least just a tiny bit? Okay, maybe I am the only one.

Exposing the right hind leg would make it easily confused with, well... you know. Let's just say the fox would look even happier than it already is, even "just a tiny bit."

mdeancherry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdeancherry
Frostbiter wrote:This is cute, but since the phrase has been in use for so long, why hasn't this been thought of before?

It has. There was shirt that had the Lorem Ipsum (sp?) text and a leaping fox and lazy dog on it but it was a while ago. I liked it.

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

I have nothing in particular against cute things, but must we vote cute for every single derby? After some point, don't you just own one too many cutesy shirts?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
ChaosFox0 wrote:As someone who'll later today have a submission in the 'air' derby, I just want to point out that it's pretty vicious to just rip and rip and rip on someone's design.

I was going to comment on this earlier and I'm going to do it now... I agree.. it makes me somewhat a little afraid if I ever print, how mean people can be about something they don't like. Constructive complaints/criticism is one thing, but people just don't hold back :/

Vote!

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
mdeancherry wrote:It has. There was shirt that had the Lorem Ipsum (sp?) text and a leaping fox and lazy dog on it but it was a while ago. I liked it.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16750

It came in fourth. I like this one better. And its fox was not brown either.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
omninull wrote:I have nothing in particular against cute things, but must we vote cute for every single derby? After some point, don't you just own one too many cutesy shirts?

I think it's been a rather good mix of cutesy, geeky, and artistic shirts placing in the last few derbies. I used to think that it was only ever broody bird shirts that ever won the derbies, but that's just because I wasn't fond of them, so they stood out. When I started looking at the results objectively, I saw that a wide range gets printed.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
samspade wrote:My guess is if the right hind leg was showing, nobody would think it was the leg... if you know what I mean.

...and that, is exactly why no one can see the fourth leg. ;)

VMedcalf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VMedcalf

"SOLD OUT"

:|

Lot of thanks I get for voting for the thing!

NightRangerII

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NightRangerII

I guess I'm just dumbfounded at how these "cutesy" shirts win all the time. Dang! I forgot! I'm sorry you guys, I woke up in the PINK dimension today. PD, if you will.

mxmvlcty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxmvlcty

yayyyy! I bought one

kimchee411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimchee411

LOL, Gigli (2003) I want this shirt!

akamai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akamai

Passing on this one.

To be honest I don't understand how this one has enough merit to get the the #1 spot.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

This shirt will be available again tonight (when the new shirt goes up) right here: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8681

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor

Sold out, truer words were never spoken.

Something about the fox jumping reminds me of the time on Happy Days when Fonzie jumped the shark. Oh well, seeing as it's done I should probably let sleeping dogs lie.

jrarjrar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrarjrar

For fans of this shirt, type the following in a blank Word document then press the Enter key:

=rand()

Add numbers within the parentheses if you want; try (4,4) for example.

marquismark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marquismark

I always thought it was:

The quick, sly fox jumped over the lazy brown dog.

Sure it repeats a few but you get all the letters, a shift, a period, and a comma.

insanedane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages insanedane
EdwardBlake wrote:The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

That's "jumps" over the lazy dog. The whole point of the sentence is it uses every letter in the alphabet. No good if you forget 's'.

Scavenger574

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scavenger574

The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lay dog" is a pangram. Meaning that it has every letter of the alphabet in it.

soyokazefuhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soyokazefuhen
camoor wrote:
Something about the fox jumping reminds me of the time on Happy Days when Fonzie jumped the shark. Oh well, seeing as it's done I should probably let sleeping dogs lie.

Eh?