theglock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theglock
wakandy wrote:It is super cute... but what is this from? I'm obviously missing something

*facepalm*

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe

Wow Woot. Wow voters. Way to go once again.

vulpes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vulpes

NUUUUU!!!

I want this shirt so bad, and it's sold out!

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
vulpes wrote:NUUUUU!!!

You can buy it for $15 after midnight, woot time.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
fablefire wrote:This shirt will be available again tonight (when the new shirt goes up) right here: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8681

Click on the above link after midnight to purchase the Quick Fox for $15.

Maybe Chef Raz can come along and make the link big & blinking!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

themasda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themasda
wakandy wrote:It is super cute... but what is this from? I'm obviously missing something

lawl its from grade school you fool

vulpes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vulpes
alfbo wrote:You can buy it for $15 after midnight, woot time.

I know, but still

pipster368

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pipster368

Someone probably has answered this by now. But I think it is "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." The famous sentence from typing 101 class. All the letters in the alphabet are used. Just hysterical. Got 2. My last name is fox, also.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

We call this color: Quick Brown. It’s there in the title! It’s right there! You all aren’t even paying attention any more.

not really.... is it over yat? hey guess what tonight is... we've been good waited a long time and now it here...10 pm tonight... or 12 east coast.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
semaj82 wrote:Wow... this shirt isn't at all like this:
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=16750

Get over it.

KarinP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarinP
Tana920 wrote:
. . . Do the younger people even remember typewriters? Carbon Paper? Oh making a mistake was a blast. NOT!

Suddenly I feel so old.

Ah to be an 80's child again. In my dreams I guess.

broggyr wrote:How about the mimeograph? When teachers would write their worksheets on a special transfer paper, then run them through this mechanical drum-type machine that made copies of the master with purple ink!

Child of the 70's...

sylviaindev wrote: . . . one of my favorite pastimes as a kid was collecting fonts . . .

Carbon Paper!

Mimeographs!

Font collecting!

I HEART all of you! : - D

KarinP

PS For all the Bittching that went on today it's hilarious that the shirt sold out : - D

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
KarinP wrote:PS For all the Bittching that went on today it's hilarious that the shirt sold out : - D

Great job getting around the filters.

Again, just because it sold out doesn't prove anything, really. This is a site that thrives on impulse shoppers. They buy what they see because "ZOMG! It may not be here tomorrow!" not because it's the best design they've ever seen.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Congrats on the sellout To be honest, I didn't really like this shirt, but I bought one anyway because I didn't want to risk wanting it later and having to get it for $15.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
JadenKale wrote:Great job getting around the filters.

And yet, STRANGELY, I'm betting she won't be probated :P

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
KarinP wrote:PS For all the Bittching that went on today it's hilarious that the shirt sold out : - D

Why is it hilarious? Unoriginal, cutesy designs sell out here all the time. This is not a troll, oh glorious woot gods, numerous woot people have linked to previous "quick brown fox" shirts so it is, by definition, unoriginal.

FTR, I love Fable; I think she's great. I just have issues with this design.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
KarinP wrote:Carbon Paper!

Mimeographs!

Font collecting!

I HEART all of you! : - D

what about when I was a kid we had to write on stone tablets and rocks were our erasers. we would have to chip, chip, chip at the mistakes with the side of the stone, and the teacher used to hit us with dinosaur bones that she drilled holes in it with a astriod piece.so when it hit us it would sting more.

alientoaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alientoaster

Aw, I saw this last night and said I'd order during the day. But I was gone, and got back to find it sold out :< Are shirt.woots ever sold again, like during a wootoff?

sprock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprock

this shirt is amazing

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
alientoaster wrote:Aw, I saw this last night and said I'd order during the day. But I was gone, and got back to find it sold out :< Are shirt.woots ever sold again, like during a wootoff?

is it really too mush to go back one page to see what has already been asked? not trying to be snotty ... but. ya know? one page back it says that same thing someone answered Yes you can get it tonight at 1200a.m. and where to click... nevermind I need a rest. have a good night.

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
sekiyoku wrote:Congrats on the sellout To be honest, I didn't really like this shirt, but I bought one anyway because I didn't want to risk wanting it later and having to get it for $15.

I feel bad for your parents with spending habits like those.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva
animegirl wrote:I thought the jingle went "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs." That way, you get the letter "S" in there.

by that rational there should be two or more dogs

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ratamadiddle wrote:First off, congratz Fablefire on this witty/nerdy shirt.

Only thing that I have an issue with is that this shirt won the double take derby, a derby where highly popular shirts in the community were brought back, with less than 1000 votes.

While this in itself is innocent, I find that due to the popularity of these shirts, that the vote count should be higher than in other derbies. However...

This shirt had over 100 votes less than the last derbies' 3rd place shirt, and 200 votes less than the 2nd place shirt; not including the 700 vote difference between last weeks, and this weeks top shirt.

Kind of an interesting lack in votes when a ramyb or seki shirt isn't in the running for a derby. Not saying anything specifically, but that is quite ironic.

Once again, congratz Fablefire and I hope the best for your shirt!

Happy Wooting!

The numbers change around all the time. Only a few derbies back, the winner had around 800 votes. Some weeks the winner is at about 1500. The highest was 2000 votes, for kdeuce's "To The Top". When I started, the winner had only around 600 votes on average. Different numbers from week to week, even with a hundred-vote difference, doesn't mean much.

Stormink wrote:I feel bad for your parents with spending habits like those.

Why? She's still got huge net profit.

yeawuteva wrote:by that rational there should be two or more dogs

As many people have already pointed out, the actual phrase is "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog". That's where the S is.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

KarinP

ChefRAZ wrote:what about when I was a kid we had to write on stone tablets and rocks were our erasers. we would have to chip, chip, chip at the mistakes with the side of the stone, and the teacher used to hit us with dinosaur bones that she drilled holes in it with a astriod piece.so when it hit us it would sting more.

I heart you, too, because you can cook.
AND I think you live just down the road a piece.

KarinP

JadenKale wrote:Great job getting around the filters.

Again, just because it sold out doesn't prove anything, really. This is a site that thrives on impulse shoppers. They buy what they see because "ZOMG! It may not be here tomorrow!" not because it's the best design they've ever seen.

Wal*Mart was built on impulse shoppers.

Were the impulse shopping theory true 'here' wouldn't EVERY shirt be a sell out?

I'm not at all debating whether the design is good/not good, nor do I think it proves anything when a shirt is sold out or NOT sold out; when I look at 'this shirt' I don't think 'design' I think 'typing class, 1976.' And 'Jennifer Beal in sweat bands.'
So yeah, that makes me smile.

I do understand the faction who is upset when a 'non-artistic' design wins a derby,
and I understand the faction who buys out of any other reason including things like nostalgia, cuteness and compulsive behaviors,
and I understand that there will always be both, with an extremely huge variety in between, wherever one goes.

And I know this:
~ This is not an art gallery. This is Woot. ~

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick

Overall, this was a pretty bad discussion of the shirt, with about 3 pages dedicated to: 'jumped vs. jumps'. i m dispoint in the shirt and the conversations that followed.
Then again, I guess we're always blaming fellow wooters for everything that's ever wrong. probably rightly so.

julibopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julibopper
ChefRAZ wrote:ok spryte your gettin techy over there so... here I'll give you my recipe for tiramisu.
TIRAMISU

9x 13 cake pan - stainless steel bowl or similar.
prap ahead a sheet cake.( you will be using a thin layer on the bottom) thin and add to the bottom of your pan , then put in freezer. ingredents for filling are as follows.
2- 1 pound tubs of Mascarpone cheese
4 ouces sugar
2 tbsp of rum + some for the *simple syrup.
2 egg yolks
4 oz of heavy cream
2 cups simple sryup
1/4 cup Cappuccino extract
24 or so ladyfingers(however many you want to use really.)

*first simple syrup is made by adding equal parts of suagr and water on a pot on the stove boil 10 minutes until reduced by 1/3 set a side to cool (do this the night before and you can also use this for drinks and coffee.)also you will need an electric mixer of some sort.hand mixers will work too.

so take the eggs and put them on a double boiler with half the suger. stiring with a whisk constantly until it turns to a ribbon type thickness(meaning when you pick up your whisk the batter makes ribbons in the bowl.) when finished put that mixture in a mixing bowalong with the mascarpone , the other half of the sugar,rum, and heavy cream(unwhipped) then stick it in the freezer for 1/2 hour to get the bowl and mixture cold.
now take out the mixture out and put on your mixer mix untill thick and creamy(being the mix is cold that should take long) have a drink relax.. ok when its ready ...you are ready to assemble.
put the simple syrup in a bowl large enough to soak the ladyfingers.add some rum or Kahlua ,or both. Hey why not!!
then soak your cookies for a short dunk in the syrup. remember you want them to have a little crunch so not too long. take your cake in the 9x13 pan out of the freezer add some of the syrup on top of that layer with a pastry brush. add a think layer of the cheese mixture on the top of that followed by a layer of soaked ladyfingers. another layer of cream then more ladyfingers. then the last of the mixture. now refridge for 1 hour at least. whip 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream with 2 1/2 tbsp sugar. layer on top of the refrigerated mixture top with cocoa powder. Enjoy.

don't eat this and then drive People come on....

ChefRAZ-- You have contributed the most useful post in this whole forum!
I've been looking for a good tiramisu recipe! I've also been looking for a good post that isn't whining uselessly about not liking the shirt ;)

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva
semaj82 wrote:Wow... this shirt isn't at all like this:
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=16750

i agree , wow

FyreFlareon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FyreFlareon

I'm a little discouraged. I really wanted this shirt, and the minute it went back on sale for the normal $15 after midnight, I bought it, or thought I did. According to my confirmation e-mail, I'm getting the shirt that was the special the very next day for $10, which I did not want at all.

I really hope they can fix that, but their FAQ's don't seem to lean towards exchanges. I was looking forward to this shirt, and I don't want to pay almost double just to get it.

This was my first purchase on woot. I signed up just because of this. I hope it's not a common thing..

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
FyreFlareon wrote:I'm a little discouraged. I really wanted this shirt, and the minute it went back on sale for the normal $15 after midnight, I bought it, or thought I did. According to my confirmation e-mail, I'm getting the shirt that was the special the very next day for $10, which I did not want at all.

I really hope they can fix that, but their FAQ's don't seem to lean towards exchanges. I was looking forward to this shirt, and I don't want to pay almost double just to get it.

This was my first purchase on woot. I signed up just because of this. I hope it's not a common thing..

When you purchase, read over and confirm everything.

If you don't get this resolved to your satisfaction, you can always try trading Monasty Boy later on for something you like better.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

larkspur29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larkspur29

I like this shirt and bought one--certainly nostalgia for high school typing class was one reason. I work with young kids so cuteness in a t-shirt is fine . . . maybe even desirable.

Thank goodness for different tastes in t-shirts (as in other things)! I give woot shirts as gifts to adults and children of various ages and enjoy matching shirts to their interests and personality.

menasan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages menasan

uh... i just got it today..

did they change their sizes cause i ordered a large is this thing could be used as a hammock

Articuno16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Articuno16

I love this shirt sooo much ^__^...I just ordered one for $15...also I can't see why there are so many negative comments o.o...honestly people its a pretty cute shirt. Don't like it? Then keep the comments to yourself instead of "bashing the voters" for not voting for what you wanted lol. Be nice :3

Articuno16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Articuno16
vulpes wrote:NUUUUU!!!

Well you can still get it but its $15 lol

yangli2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yangli2
mrwednesday wrote:Never fear! Similar shirts exist that are properly designed.

http://www.threadless.com/submission/183428/the_quick_brown_fox_jumps_over_a_lazy_dog/showmore,designs

edit: (currently available)

http://www.threadless.com/product/424/rand_enter

I don't understand. How are these properly designed? This design is not the most original, obviously, but the first shirt you linked is awefully illustrated, and the second one is just not subtle enough. The intricacy is lost if you spell it out for people. And same thing to the previous fox over dog shirt here at woot: I think the extra text circle around the fox and the dog ruins the design. I liked the drawing in that one better; it would have been much better without the text.

cak3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cak3

Well, I am a bit (very) late here, but I was looking at that on the reckoning, and I read the writeup, and I would like note that it is very unlikely that Marion Zimmer Bradley will write the tale of the quick brown fox and lazy dog, since she is no longer among the living (and was not when this was made, either, as I recall).

I would be very happy if she did end up writing it though, since that would either mean she was alive again, undead, or figured out how to get things published from beyond the grave -- any of those would work for me, her books were awesome.

lololzak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lololzak

this is the wallpaper for my ipod ^_^

snuese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snuese
prateeko wrote:Is it just me, or is that fox not brown? In fact, it looks more orangey to me...

I have this shirt and I love it, but the fox is really orangey. This sometimes prevents people from getting the joke.

KevinMCombes

quality posts: 14 Private Messages KevinMCombes

Keep buying...

thinkweiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thinkweiz
EdwardBlake wrote:The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Ma la volpe, col suo balzo, ha raggiunto il quieto Fido.