wonderx60

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wonderx60

this shirt is a hoot
wear it under your suit
so ship it fast , so scoot
Thanks so much .WOOT!!!

KillerRamen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KillerRamen

I am buying this shirt not because I have the funds, but because it is my duty as an American...

GO JOE!

Gaucho85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gaucho85

I'm really on the fence . . . I never liked G.I. Joe... i hate coffee... but I'm a fan of ironic puns :/ hmm...

elsnerma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elsnerma

This shirt is great. I'll take funny/cute/just plain awesome shirts over shirts that are "artsy" any day.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

The printing of this shirt, over all the other Derby shirts eligible, shows me that the Editors' taste isn't much better than the everyday Woot voters'.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
theraccoon wrote:As long as you like tea, it's fine.

At first I was going to say - Clever, but not my cup of tea (which is also my preferred caffeinated morning beverage).
;)

I also agree with another post on here, some distressing could have improved the design a bit, because otherwise it's just straight up blocks of color.

Vote!

thebassman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebassman

So glad this one got printed... hil-ar-i-ous. Love it. This is the first woot shirt I've bought in months.

brieanna

quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna
Stormink wrote:Even distressing it, or adding some sort of texture could have made it slightly more interesting.

Use sandpaper.

I like my signature.

enisslabotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enisslabotnik

Love it! First shirt I've ordered in a month or so.

Time to go watch some GI Joe PSAs.

maxman820

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maxman820

Will i receive a free body massage upon delivery?

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

pianolin717

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717
maxman820 wrote:Will i receive a free body massage upon delivery?

only if you buy the complimentary G.I. Jane shirt

samus1024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samus1024

G.I. cup of Joe?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Edgar! Edgar!
Edgar!
Edgar!
Edgar!
Come on everybody! Get chanting!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

samus1024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samus1024
enisslabotnik wrote:Love it! First shirt I've ordered in a month or so.

Time to go watch some GI Joe PSAs.

The best ones are the ones with overdubs, they are so hilarious

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I noticed on the editor's choice little logo, it says "derby fave". Do all the ECs say that, or are there sort of individualized themes of the ECs? Because this one *was* a derby fave from what I noticed... a lot of enthusiastic supporters... so just wondered.

Vote!

giantninjarobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giantninjarobot

I LOVE IT! I love Joes, I love army green, I love coffee....what's not to love? Maybe adding a ninja would've been sweet. But ninja should be added to everything. I really wish I'da waited on my last woot and got this instead of slime time even though I love the slimey thing. I gots no monies left

fizzbang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fizzbang

Sorry, but it looks like a luggage tag.

alboneus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alboneus
prateeko wrote:Mmmm, tastes like freedom!

I was sooo going to say that!! What a treat. I've been wanting this shirt for a while now. Grats to the artist.

P.S. And thanks to this woot...I'm finally better than everyone else!!!

Before free market economy, we eat potato each night for dinner. Now we have much money. We eat two potato each night for dinner. And on happy days, we eat salted pork from can.

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl

thank god for the editors... i love this shirt. Hopefully they'll also print the air squirrel print from the Air Derby... that would be the awesomest.

brieanna

quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna
fizzbang wrote:Sorry, but it looks like a luggage tag.

I'm sorry, but we were looking for freedom tag...freedom tag. Thanks for playing.

I like my signature.

CryptoNite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CryptoNite
compnerd wrote:does that make it GIjoe?

haha, just a bit slow on the uptake this mornin' huh? :P I think you need some.....joe?...eh?

YOOO JOE!

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
kylemittskus wrote:Edgar! Edgar!
Edgar!
Edgar!
Edgar!
Come on everybody! Get chanting!

Go Edgar Go!!!!!!!! Print, Print, Print!!!!! I'm dying for

Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
snarkygal wrote:The printing of this shirt, over all the other Derby shirts eligible, shows me that the Editors' taste isn't much better than the everyday Woot voters'.

being that the editor's also pick out the dailies. yeah your right.

haparunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haparunner

Pianolin-whatever the rest of your stupid name is...how can you complain about those colors? Have you ever even watched G.I. Joe? Are you a communist?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

You know what goes really well with Real American Coffee?

Pork Chop Sandwiches.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eastcobbler

hooray I didn't think I'd get a chance to buy this one!

FutureFox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FutureFox
omnitarian wrote:

All in all it wouldn't be my personal pick for EC, but it's a solid shirt and should sell well. I approve of this EC.

P.S. Cobraaaaaaalalalala

Completely agree. Not my number 1 pick, but I quite like it nonetheless.

Also, I noticed some people remarking on the lack of texture or even some distressing. I definitely see your guys' argument here. However, isn't the GI Joe symbol supposed to be almost immaculate... and, well, somewhat plain looking? I wasn't even born when the GI Joe: Real American Hero show first came out so I'm not 100% sure here...

jpmillman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jpmillman
masterkraig wrote:Question! Can 4th Place Derby "winners" that don't get an HM still get an Editor's Choice?

I really hope so...

Print Sounds Like Treble!

Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Good going Dankstick! I'm glad to see that your shirt is being printed.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick

Consider this post an epilogue to my derby entry. This is the public service announcement, PSA, part of the G.I. Joe cartoon. This is the interpretation, the depiction, of G.I. Joe as I understood it growing up.

G.I. Joe always helped those in need. Avoiding physical harm and recognizing influence abuse appeared many times in the cartoon's PSA shorts. I asked myself, "What would Joe do?" I could not exactly aspire to save a kid who has caught himself on fire; I needed a more coffee-drinking-adult type of idea. What dangers are we, as adults, now facing? My conclusion is that any monetary awards or royalties that would have normally been payable to me will instead be donated to a local organization named OASIS. OASIS is an acronym for "Opposing Abuse with Services, Information and Shelter"; it is a private not-for-profit organization. G.I. Joe cannot appear to save people from domestic violence or sexual assault, but OASIS can be the victim's real American hero. I choose them because that is where I live, in north-western North Carolina. The sales of this t-shirt, I figure, will make a good small-scale impact.

Wear this as an adult, a coffee-drinking-adult, who remembers the message that came from G.I. Joe. The battles that we faced as a child no longer present themselves as great a threat; we should know not to get inside an abandoned self-locking freezer. We may purport to love our spouse regardless of the emotional and physical abuses; we endure the hardship because of tradition and consistency, a cold and empty comfort. Knowing the influences, knowing that you need help, knowing consequences of your actions, and knowing whose purpose your ignorance serves is indeed half the battle.

Hear me Woot Gods and please arrange this. If you need additional contact information please email me.

I would also like to thank the metric ton of supporters this shirt had when it was in the derbies. About 7/8 of that ton was from databit. So, here's to you! I'll imagine we are clinking coffee mugs together ... or some other clink-worthy drinking vessel since you don't drink coffee any longer.

Now you know.

**UPDATE** Nathan from Woot has confirmed that there should not be any issues for them to send the payments to directly to OASIS. Cool!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Sorry Danstick, I was not a fan of this one... perhaps because I didn't want any t-shirt that parodied an '80s cartoon show, though upon first look, I did laugh at it. I guess the joke wore on me too fast. That being said, congrats on the print

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK

Yay for Editor's Choices!!! :D

ratchangelam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratchangelam

Congrats to the artist! In for one!

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

i would just like to say, for the record, that geekfactor is a snuggling psychic.

oh, and: in for 1. thx woot!

profnoxin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages profnoxin

I didn't like this one until I saw that it was being printed, it won me over, and I bought two.

Go Joe!

...Are you Buzz Lightyear? I love your movies!

ztfreep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ztfreep

Can anyone tell me why this design seems to be as stupid to me as "Freedom Fries"?

ztfreep

dankstick wrote:Wear this as an adult, a coffee-drinking

I wouldn't drink coffee if you freaking paid me an inordinate amount of money to do so. Oh, the aroma is nice, but I absolutely loathe the flavor of the stuff.

ztfreep

KillerRamen wrote:I am buying this shirt not because I have the funds, but because it is my duty as an American...

GO JOE!

Ever heard of the term "Jingoist"? You might wish to look it up. Your duty as an American my left toenail. What do you mean - North American? South American? Canadian? Hey, how about the middle American countries. Yeah, buy this shirt for ALL of those nations because, well...

because it just makes no freaking sense whatsoever.

ztfreep

theraccoon wrote:As long as you like tea, it's fine.

How about Pepsi?

ztfreep

Given that the "better" coffee beans are supposedly grown in South America (Juan Valdez and all that advertising carp), are you going to try to argue that coffee drinking began in the United States and as a result was promulgated by those good old Government Issue Joes?

Hey, next you'll be arguing that coca leaf chewing was a real popular thing to be doing in the New England colonies and that they probably shouldn't have been worrying about tea in the first place.

It seems to me that the issue was taxation, not what was the actual material getting dumped in the harbor.

It may be true that more coffee is drunk in the US than anywhere else (although I wouldn't want to argue with the Turks and the French about this), but it certainly wasn't an "original" U.S. tradition.