weirdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdal

This shirt was featured on Craig Ferguson tonight. I'd expect sales to pick up tomorrow.

lyonessnyc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonessnyc

I anticipate a run on these after Chris Hardwick's wearing one on Craig Ferguson's show tonight.

I should also get a referral bonus for every friend and acquaintance who's come by to buy one since I wore it to ComicCon. LOVE this shirt.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

LOL!...

I just saw this! (And I was like, all Oh!Oh!...woot! shirt!...)

Then I had to come straight here...to see if anyone else had commented on it!

Not quite sure, now...is that really sad? Or really funny?

PhantomMarcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhantomMarcher

Saw this on Craig Ferguson. I wasn't a Whovian when this shirt first came out, but I am now, and had to immediately purchase it. I also want some kind of decal that says "Three Octopuses and an Otter", but that's neither here nor there.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

Our Mighty Feast Gobbles!! LOL...

I can't believe this has gone to #4.

I didn't know that many people watched The Late Late Show!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

indihar wrote:LOL!...

I just saw this! (And I was like, all Oh!Oh!...woot! shirt!...)

Then I had to come straight here...to see if anyone else had commented on it!

Not quite sure, now...is that really sad? Or really funny?

My computer wasn't in the room, or I would have done the same thing!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I for one think it is totally awesome to see that this shirt has jumped up due to being featured on a T.V. talk show.

amydealiah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amydealiah

Any chance this shirt can be made in different colors (i.e., black)? My boyfriend & I each have one in the gray and would love one in black as well.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

amydealiah wrote:Any chance this shirt can be made in different colors (i.e., black)? My boyfriend & I each have one in the gray and would love one in black as well.

Nope, sorry. Woot shirts are only available on the colour in which they are sold.

adamsfam5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamsfam5

What better advertisment for the shirt than this photo!?! I was in the right place at the right time wearing the right shirt!

Bag of Coal Bag of Coal.. where for art thou Bag of Coal!

fatheed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fatheed
adamsfam5 wrote:What better advertisment for the shirt than this photo!?! I was in the right place at the right time wearing the right shirt!

Well, that's awesome. Colour me envious.

Thanks for the ongoing support for my tee - it's really appreciated, wooters. x

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

I just bought this shirt! I'm so excited for it to come! I just started watching Doctor Who, and Back to the Future is a classic. A crossover would be absolutely fantastic. (As would a Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover though.)

nerys

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nerys
mhoskins555 wrote:Just curious, aren't there copyright issues with something like this?

-m

No there is no copyright issue. this falls 100% squarely into "fair use" ie Parody which is damned near impossible to pursue in court and win. IE the artist (of the parody) almost always wins in fact I can't think of one case where they have lost.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Looks like someone else liked this shirt enough to sell it also:

http://www.cafepress.com/+tardis_meets_marty_mcfly_tshirt,489634878

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

wonderandawe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderandawe
theoneill555 wrote:Looks like someone else liked this shirt enough to sell it also:

http://www.cafepress.com/+tardis_meets_marty_mcfly_tshirt,489634878

Wow, that is bad. I guess Woot needs to talk to cafe press about this.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/index.aspx?page=iprights.aspx

ausgifford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ausgifford

I will premise this with the fact that i love this shirt.

but...

The tardis can withstand the hoards of Genghis Khan and more than a couple minutes after falling into a star, but gets its door broken by a car that would be ripped through like tin foil if it landed on a '46 ford? *chris hardwick nerd voice* i find your logic highly improbable.

colonelpuffpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colonelpuffpuff
wonderandawe wrote:Wow, that is bad. I guess Woot needs to talk to cafe press about this.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/index.aspx?page=iprights.aspx

Looks like the problem was resolved.

skippie123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skippie123

It came today! It's being lovingly wrapped and placed under the tree for my dear husband who just about wet his pants when he saw it on Craig Ferguson. Tardis for the win!

djgeki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djgeki

Jeez... this smartpost business is a real Bag o'Crap. Ordered on Nov. 30th, and it is now going to be at least Dec. 17th before I get it?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

My son recently got into watching Dr. Who. I figured it was about time I picked this one up. Awesome mashup!

thecougard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecougard

How long do the shirts take to recive, bought mine the 23rd of november, still nothing. live in canada

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
thecougard wrote:How long do the shirts take to recive, bought mine the 23rd of november, still nothing. live in canada

Please refer to shirt.woot's FAQ page regarding international shipping. We are sorry for the delay.

burntsienna7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burntsienna7

Genius! Gave it to my husband for Christmas. It's the perfect marriage of his fav sci fi show and my fav sci fi movie. And now that he has our kids hooked on them, everyone wants a shirt!

michelle8813

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michelle8813

I ordered this on 12/16 and received notice of shipment on 12/20. I checked the tracking number with FedEx and here's what it says: "No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet."

If I had the shirt, I would travel forward in time to claim it. Then I could travel back in time to today and NOT send this message!

But, since I don't have that option, please send me the shirt. Thanks!!

Thanks for the quick response! Shirt is on its way.

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

This shirt is featured and linked on the "cool nerd" page of Sheldon's Shirts.

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

adamy323

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamy323

I wish this shirt was a different color! How about black or even dark grey?

dangillett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dangillett

Awesome shirt. Sent it to my brother and he didn't know what it was called and came up with
***Time Pair-o-Docs***
Very clever.

geerayce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geerayce

the TARDIS obviously wins. /troll :3

Eyehog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eyehog

I would buy this shirt in an instant, but it's grey.

shob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shob

I've been wanting this for a long time! So happy to finally buy it :D

khoufu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khoufu

My two favorite time-traveling sagas! If only I hadn't spent my money on the Cyber-3PO and R2-Dalek shirt on teefury... When I get my $20 back I'm buying this...

nerdartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdartist

I bought this shirt recently and worn it twice now and both times I had people mention that it was an awesome shirt and it is! I love it! I want to get a spare in case it falls victim to a mustard stain or a hole. Thanks Woot for all of the time traveling awesomeness!

android21a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages android21a
uncle pennybags wrote:Also I'd say the Delorean isn't going to running for much longer with that front end damage. The TARDIS might still be able to function. Soooo, I'd give the accident win to the TARDIS.

Actually, DeLoreans have their engine blocks in the back of the car.

ashleystew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashleystew

I signed up for shirt.woot because of this shirt...and, after signing up, I purchased this shirt. In 5-7 business days I will be wearing this shirt. And then the daleks will exterminate me...dang.

WolfDemon69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WolfDemon69

I can't believe I bought this shirt the day it came out two years ago and I can still buy it again because mine is starting to get old and worn

mistakain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistakain

As much as I love the great doctor, I really think this crossover should have been with Bill and Ted's phone booth instead. Both from the same era of movies, both with a huge fan following that wouldn't cry blasphemy...

And Bill and Ted would miscalculate like that. The Doctor wouldn't.

crimsonrambler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimsonrambler
mistakain wrote:As much as I love the great doctor, I really think this crossover should have been with Bill and Ted's phone booth instead. Both from the same era of movies, both with a huge fan following that wouldn't cry blasphemy...

And Bill and Ted would miscalculate like that. The Doctor wouldn't.

Um, did you see the Titanic ep of Doctor Who? Or the first ep of the eleventh doctor? The Doctor doesn't always land where he intends to...

I like B&T as much as the next girl (who was around for the movies in the eighties) but I think the TARDIS/Delorean mashup is great.

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat
WolfDemon69 wrote:I can't believe I bought this shirt the day it came out two years ago and I can still buy it again because mine is starting to get old and worn

I was just thinking the same thing

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
inflatablechair wrote:Wait, is that the Tardis or the phone booth from Bill an Ted's Excellent Adventure?

No, we'd see the Circle K if it were that phone booth.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
adamsfam5 wrote:What better advertisment for the shirt than this photo!?! I was in the right place at the right time wearing the right shirt!

Wow! It turns out that adamsfam5 is Christopher Lloyd! I wonder who the guy in the woot! shirt is?