ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

and heather gray wins again, I bet she'd love to know she won tonight. (yelling off in the distance)heather..... heather..

daisyfey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daisyfey

Best EFFING shirt EVAR, but why oh why is it on a heather grey t-shirt?!?! *sob*

StarrsMom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StarrsMom

love this shirt! in for 3, 1 for me, 1 for husband, 1 for Doctor Who fan with birthday coming.

WootYtwoWoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WootYtwoWoot
ckeilah wrote:shut up! at least until after they're MAILED! ;-)

FAIR USE!

and anyway, it's just a phone booth and a car. I see nothing to indicate WHICH SPECIFIC phone booth and car they might be... la la la

Not really a phone booth. Its a police call box with a few minor interior modifications.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mhoskins555 wrote:Just curious, aren't there copyright issues with something like this?

-m

There's enough parody here that it's ok, I think.

outlawmoogle wrote:It's on Threadless too

http://www.threadless.com/submission/120520/It_Came_Out_Of_Nowhere/showmore,designs?=

Submitted to Threadless, but never printed.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jjorden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjorden

that's a Bahlorean you're looking at there. perfectly Kosher.

jasneko wrote:I'm also a bit curious about this.

Hey!

Jokercard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jokercard

DEAR GOD WOOT!

How the hell did you find out two of my favorite things?!!

I love Doctor Who and I love Back to the Future. I swore I wasnt going to buy another shirt, but this is a must.

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842

Bad timing. LOLOLOL

meh, I don't think I have a single friend that would get the Dr. Who reference. Welcome to America

uncle pennybags

quality posts: 13 Private Messages uncle pennybags

Also I'd say the Delorean isn't going to running for much longer with that front end damage. The TARDIS might still be able to function. Soooo, I'd give the accident win to the TARDIS.

NotGoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NotGoddess
dpbowl842 wrote:Bad timing. LOLOLOL

meh, I don't think I have a single friend that would get the Dr. Who reference. Welcome to America

Consider wearing it as your opportunity to enlighten them!

NotGoddess

uncle pennybags wrote:Also I'd say the Delorean isn't going to running for much longer with that front end damage. The TARDIS might still be able to function. Soooo, I'd give the accident win to the TARDIS.

I took another look-I think you are right.

spk1321

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spk1321
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

I agree. At first I thought it was but the time machine from Dr. Who is pretty much the same thing.

Anisoptera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anisoptera

Oh Maaaan, The Doctor is gonna be pissed!!!!

Now who is gonna save us from the Daleks??!!??

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
tortureman wrote:you know how this shirt could be better?

If it had a brontosaurus and it was napping and then in a dream bubble, it was shooting an asteroid....

that would make it an AMAZING SHIRT...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=30839

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
simontsui wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=30839

This one, actually.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

natecarlso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natecarlso

not sure, but from the description, I don't think the woot writer even knows what a TARDIS is. the writing seemed a little more...confused...than usual.

same thing with all of the bill & ted comments. if you don't know what a TARDIS is, you're not going to get what the shirt is even about

superpope

quality posts: 1 Private Messages superpope

This shirt is unrealistic. Everyone knows the Tardis is impervious to physical damage...especially from a stainless steel car moving at 88 mph. ;)

NotGoddess

natecarlso wrote:not sure, but from the description, I don't think the woot writer even knows what a TARDIS is. the writing seemed a little more...confused...than usual.

same thing with all of the bill & ted comments. if you don't know what a TARDIS is, you're not going to get what the shirt is even about

No, he mentions the 'sound of drums' and the 'wear this shirt' is a regeneration reference.

[still hanging around trying to convince myself I do not need this shirt....]

ochaos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ochaos

Long time wooter, but first time shirt-wooter... saw this and just couldn't resist... (maybe I just need a doctor who fix as there's a severe shortage of content this year... )

Jokercard

natecarlso wrote:not sure, but from the description, I don't think the woot writer even knows what a TARDIS is. the writing seemed a little more...confused...than usual.

At least they made an attempt at acknowledging Doctor Who by slipping in the Sound of Drums. :D

Phillycat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phillycat

I'm in for 1. Too much of a geek not to get it.

Devil2U

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Devil2U

Finally, a bitching Doctor Who shirt!
In for 1!

>>>WOOT OFF TRACKER<<<
1. 11/6/2006 iRobot Roomba Discovery SE
2. 12/8/2006 Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape X3
3. 3/23/2007 Voice Buddy 3.0 Interactive Game Control (sans the AudioFX force feedback headset) X3

Bag of Cuuuuuute! StrikeOuts: 4 :-(

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
ckeilah wrote:shut up! at least until after they're MAILED! ;-)

FAIR USE!

and anyway, it's just a phone booth and a car. I see nothing to indicate WHICH SPECIFIC phone booth and car they might be... la la la

"Phone booth"??? What kind of moron am I? It's obviously a Police Call Box! duh!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

rottndachs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rottndachs
dpbowl842 wrote:Bad timing. LOLOLOL

You would be surprised at the number of Yanks who do get the DOCTOR Who reference. In fact there are many of us WHO get it enough to have already seen the 2 new episodes, both of which have not been released in the US.
But you know how it is? You put things off for a day and it's a 100 years later.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001

heck yes, the Dolorian! i actually saw one close to where i live being towed on the drive home. i think it broke down or something. and i remember recently watching the whole 'back to the future' trilogy back to back to back. it's the best back to back to back movies i've evaaaah seen!

woop! long live heather graaaaaaayyyyy!!!!

gone!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
WootYtwoWoot wrote:Not really a phone booth. Its a police call box with a few minor interior modifications.

Yes, to my horror I realized what I'd posted, but was soaking wet and covered with soap by that time, and unable to revise my idiocy. I blame the Daleks! The Daleks made me do it! :-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

NotGoddess

Falls to temptation with the rationalization that she can use this as a 'date filter'-any guy she'd want to date would recognize both objects instantly (or be really cute and willing to be enlightened on the subject).

Stealthgyro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stealthgyro

should of been the telephone booth from bill & ted

Texas is better than your state

Jokercard

NotGoddess wrote:Falls to temptation with the rationalization that she can use this as a 'date filter'-any guy she'd want to date would recognize both objects instantly (or be really cute and willing to be enlightened on the subject).

Or any girl he'd want :P

Damn, why aren't there more women in the US who loves Doctor Who as I!

Jaems

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jaems
PsycoMonkey wrote:Hmmm where Have i seen this shirt before? or am i having a weird case of DeJaVu?

I have the image this shirt appears to be copied from.

http://yfrog.com/12wallpaperaj <--

Anisoptera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anisoptera
NotGoddess wrote:Falls to temptation with the rationalization that she can use this as a 'date filter'-any guy she'd want to date would recognize both objects instantly (or be really cute and willing to be enlightened on the subject).

Here Here!!!!!!

jonmorrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonmorrell

BEST idea ever!!! In for 3.

MilesBelli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MilesBelli

If the TARDIS can survive a head-on collision with a spaceship version of the Titanic I'm sure that one minor accident with the DeLorean is no big deal. I feel bad for Marty's insurance rates, however.

msspurlock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msspurlock

I've lost track of all the T-shirts I've bought from this site.
Every one of them I thought over before buying.
Not this one.
That "buy" screen couldn't load fast enough for me.

400+ Items

jonmorrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonmorrell
ckeilah wrote:"Phone booth"??? What kind of moron am I? It's obviously a Police Call Box! duh!

Police Call Box, yes or the TARDIS (time and relative dimension in space). Delorean/TARDIS...It's freaking awesome. I have a Tardis key around here somewhere

anomalousmatls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anomalousmatls

I love the random reference to 20th Century composers. However, I'm so nerdy I know that neither of those composers would be likely to use all 88 keys of the piano since Cage was New York School and Riley was minimalist. ><

Great shirt, though!

NotGoddess

Jokercard wrote:Or any girl he'd want :P

Damn, why aren't there more women in the US who loves Doctor Who as I!

We're out there-and from what I've seen on Twitter I think there are a lot. Maybe the shirt will help you find them in your area.

msspurlock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msspurlock
MilesBelli wrote:If the TARDIS can survive a head-on collision with a spaceship version of the Titanic I'm sure that one minor accident with the DeLorean is no big deal. I feel bad for Marty's insurance rates, however.

Ah, but the Titanic wasn't a time machine. There are precedents for potential damage, with the Master's TARDIS, physical forces like the Tractator force, but I won't go into them.
The geek-out light next to the fast return switch is flashing as it is.

400+ Items

Bluetech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluetech
inflatablechair wrote:Wait, is that the Tardis or the phone booth from Bill an Ted's Excellent Adventure?

Tardis, it says Police Public Callbox. The phonebooth just says Telephone.

GTstyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GTstyle
Phillycat wrote:I'm in for 1. Too much of a geek not to get it.

Same.
In for 1 also

Woot
  • Lights & Monkeys
  • 3/1/09 - Recaro
  • 6/19/08 - MS S&T w/GPS
  • 3/28/08 - HP m9040n
  • 7/22/07 - Weather Stat
  • 7/19/07 - Whistler DE1770
  • 7/19/07 - Inverter
  • 7/12/07 - Bundles of Clones/li>
  • 6/25/07 - Nokia 770