JamesBondQ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JamesBondQ

Awww man, I got so excited for this, then I realized it wasn't the Bill and Ted phonebooth...

AmyRSchmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmyRSchmidt

Looking through this thread it's obvious we need a B&T Phone Booth vs. TARDIS shirt (on a better color) ASAP.

Nalin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nalin

Not to be a negative nancy...but are we sure this is the designer's original work? I've seen this image popping up for at least a year now, if not more.

Still in for one though, love WHO and love BTTF.

Councelor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Councelor

Oi! Mosh good! Gotta get this one...will be the envy of all who don't have. Will make me the uber geek!! I agree the color scheme embrangles though. Black background woulda been cooler. In for 3.

kingofthenet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kingofthenet

This will DEFINITELY get you laid at a Sci-Fi convention.

error54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages error54

"Wear this shirt: if you think you’re going to die. That way, the next guy wakes up to a free shirt."

Excellent Doctor Who reference.

wdelgenio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdelgenio

i would buy this if it were the phone booth from bill and ted

lizzydoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzydoodle

it would be better if it were a port-a-potty

beckerz728

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckerz728

I practically died when I saw this.
TARDIS/Delorean???? BEST EVER.

First time I've bought a non-random shirt.woot.

In for 1.

<3 <3

plasticpopcorn4

quality posts: 4 Private Messages plasticpopcorn4
slicerd wrote:Why heather gray??!! Why!!! Awesome shirt worst non color ever.

i agree...

i hate this type of grey but sooooooo tempting

p.s. heather grey embrangles when you sweat

schwarzerfuchs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schwarzerfuchs
Jaems wrote:I have the image this shirt appears to be copied from.

http://yfrog.com/12wallpaperaj <--

That picture was uploaded today....>_>

But if you are actually just using sarcasm, then I wholeheartedly approve of your post. :D

djaxis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djaxis

So, I tried ordering one, and went through the motions, but at the end it just booted me back to the main page without telling me my order went through or not.

Also in my account it doesn't say I've ordered anything from shirt woot yet....

Did my order go through yet (and it takes a little while to register) or did something go wrong?

kmtfk6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmtfk6

It looks better here...

http://www.threadless.com/submission/120520/It_Came_Out_Of_Nowhere

Phridae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phridae
tortureman wrote:you know how this shirt could be better?

If it had a brontosaurus and it was napping and then in a dream bubble, it was shooting an asteroid....

that would make it an AMAZING SHIRT...

Ninjas too!

magus57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages magus57
djaxis wrote:So, I tried ordering one, and went through the motions, but at the end it just booted me back to the main page without telling me my order went through or not.

Also in my account it doesn't say I've ordered anything from shirt woot yet....

Did my order go through yet (and it takes a little while to register) or did something go wrong?

I'm having the same problem here...is it sold out already?

EDIT: Evidently it was only a very temporary glitch or something, because I was just able to order it. Awesome.

Aquafox87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aquafox87

Hmm... I evidently don't get the doctor who reference and think it should have been the bill and ted phone booth.... so not in for one unfortunately.

MMMMusic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MMMMusic

"Wrong place, wrong time" just doesn't quite cover it.

sternicusmath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sternicusmath

Not sure if it was mentioned yet... There should be two offset handles instead of just one on the TARDIS. Still - a nice design.

PammieJR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PammieJR
Jokercard wrote:Or any girl he'd want :P

Damn, why aren't there more women in the US who loves Doctor Who as I!

I'm an American woman who LOVES Doctor Who...and just joined so I could buy this t-shirt that is full of awesome.

MrMacMan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrMacMan
slicerd wrote:Why heather gray??!! Why!!! Awesome shirt worst non color ever.

2nd.

Meh i guess i don't have too many grey t-shirts...

-- MrMacMan

greencabochon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greencabochon

TARDIS!

Evidently, The Doctor forgot to put the shielding back up again...

cuchalainfilms

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cuchalainfilms

I love it but WHY GREY!!!!one!!!1! ugh. It is the bane of the larger gentleman. I LUV the design, but not grey! Roars x infinity. Can I pay extra for a print on black???

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
Sms4001 wrote:I think this would have been a lot cooler shirt if the phone booth they crashed into was the one from bill and teds excellent adventure.

The "phone booth" on this shirt is the TARDIS from Doctor Who. It is supposed to adapt its appearance to its surroundings, but that mechanism is faulty and it's stuck in the form of a police public call box. (Police boxes were common in England in the 1950s (tapering almost to extinction by the '90s). They served as communications terminals for foot police and for the public to call for police, as well as micro jails to hold arrested persons whilst the van came for them. They were not regular telephone booths.)

I tend to think that the TARDIS is more of a classic icon than Bill & Ted's phone booth. (If you don't know why, then you have about 30 years worth of television to catch up on. ☺) But i suppose BTTF and the B&T movies are more balanced with each other in scope. (Though B&T—while amusing enough—is easily the least interesting of the three.)

Meanwhile, i'm now envisioning The TARDIS and the phone booth facing each other with The Doctor and B&T coming out with surprised expressions. :P

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

Just wait for the Daleks...

plim809

quality posts: 6 Private Messages plim809

there's a fine border between cool, funny and just stupid. this design crossed that line.

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Needlessly profane... again. (256h)
You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Useless posts. (72h)
Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 256 and 72 hours and then try posting again.

bootlegzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootlegzani

Damn you Shirt.Woot. I had resisted your shirts for a month or so and now in the past 4 days I've bought 3 shirts.

Belruel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Belruel

this shirt is brilliantly fantastic. i must have it.

ueberRegenbogen

mouseandcat wrote:The artist also submitted it on Threadless. It_Came_Out_Of_Nowhere

Aw man! Why couldn't Woot have put it a dark background? Works much better—incl the smoke being more visible.

ueberRegenbogen

uncle pennybags wrote:Also I'd say the Delorean isn't going to running for much longer with that front end damage. The TARDIS might still be able to function. Soooo, I'd give the accident win to the TARDIS.

Definitely. The exterior of the TARDIS is only a matter projection after all.

dashablade

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dashablade

This is the first time a shirt description actually made me laugh loudly enough to wake someone up.

In for 3. I'd have been in for 4 if it had let me - then my husband, our two nerdlings, and I could all have had one. Ah well.

daleian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daleian
enigma42 wrote:Yes that was my thought as well.

noway the doctors phone booth is the right one

redwolfoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwolfoz

Awesome design! Craptacular shirt colour. Please try again.

daleian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daleian

i am a new docot who fan but i can til you i am hooked...i can't wait till i get my shirt

TotoMMB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TotoMMB

This shirt has a flaw. This is the Delorean from BTTF II (or III). So, it should technically be airborne, and thus no skid marks - and potentially no collision.

In spite of that, I do like the spirit of the shirt, but since I've never seen Dr. Who, I'd feel like a poser...

I also agree the color doesn't help sway me...

Carry on.

9 shirt.woot purchases (3 randoms x5)
Rock'N Rollz, Wrestling Match, Unstealthiest Ninja, Misfortune

wolfbrotherjason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfbrotherjason

In for two; one for myself, one for my g/f.

ueberRegenbogen

natecarlso wrote:not sure, but from the description, I don't think the woot writer even knows what a TARDIS is. the writing seemed a little more...confused...than usual.

NotGoddess wrote:No, he mentions the 'sound of drums' and the 'wear this shirt' is a regeneration reference.

And the 88 piano keys remark, whilst obviously alluding to the 88 MPH critical velocity of the DeLorean, is also a reference to the TARDIS sound effect (which involves dragging an object along piano strings). (Got a grin out of me.) :D

NonVenomous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonVenomous
dashablade wrote:This is the first time a shirt description actually made me laugh loudly enough to wake someone up.

In for 3. I'd have been in for 4 if it had let me - then my husband, our two nerdlings, and I could all have had one. Ah well.

You could just buy an extra tomorrow.

ueberRegenbogen

NotGoddess wrote:Falls to temptation with the rationalization that she can use this as a 'date filter'-any guy she'd want to date would recognize both objects instantly (or be really cute and willing to be enlightened on the subject).

Moot point for me, as i already have a girl who recognises 'em. (In fact, it was her busting out laughing at it that woke me up a while ago.)

[edit: No, it wasn't dashablade.]

mauldon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mauldon

HOLY guppy, IT'S THE TARDIS!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS MY DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!WOOT MAKING A DOCTOR WHO SHIRT!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!I AM SO GETTING ONE, AND ILL TELL ALL MY DOCTOR WHO OBSESSED FRIENDS ABOUT IT, TOO!!!!!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

so whatever happened to the great survey that Joel gave us after Mon Petit Chou?

Where we chose different colors for their blanks, and we were gonna do away with heather gray and replace it and others with a nice silver blank, eggplant, and/or others???