Sonan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sonan

I agree with the damage to the TARDIS reducing the appeal. The car should be totalled. But as for the color, black would have looked better but I wouldn't have bought it. I have pets, so black is out. I love heather grey, and that's part of the reason I bought the shirt.

mhanss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhanss
compassstl wrote:1.21 jigawatts!

Ironically, this was on TV today.

I believe you mean coincidentally, it's okay, too many people over use "ironically". Nice omgwin! though.

NotGoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NotGoddess
iamjakex wrote:Furthermore... the Tardis would never sustain that kind of damage from the Delorian :P

Its just inconcievable!

Could have had the Sicilian from The Princess Bride popping into the pic saying that...copyright x 3

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco
yidboy wrote:marty and einstein are no match for sarah jane and k9. dear lord, i'm a geek. my two favorite time machines.

It seems everyone here recognized the delorian but apparently we have some woot geeks that are oblivious to the tardis!..... Look up DR. WHO!! Start in the 1960's and work your way to present day, you will thank me!!

I cannot believe I missed getting this shirt. Would have been my first shirt....Bring it back!!

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

Ok, maybe someone can explain this to me. How is this legal? Isn't this just two copyrighted items on the shirt in a comedic way? Shouldn't Universal and BBC be ticked off that their IP has been stolen and sold on a shirt?

It'd be one thing to say it's a Delorean crashed into a UK police box, but it has the Mister Fusion on the car along with the extra wires running around the car and the Exhaust vents!

That's clearly meant to be the car from BBTF.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco
iamjakex wrote:Furthermore... the Tardis would never sustain that kind of damage from the Delorian :P

Its just inconcievable!

Have you ever watched the series??? After all the tardis went through you think a hit from a delorian would even make the dent it did??

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

jstiles85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstiles85
inflatablechair wrote:Wait, is that the Tardis or the phone booth from Bill an Ted's Excellent Adventure?

Most definitely the TARDIS.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
gambit410 wrote:Please please please re-release this shirt somewhere!!!

Check this link in about 15 hours.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

redvu9395

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redvu9395

so disappointed that i missed this shirt ....

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Gatzby wrote:Check this link in about 15 hours.

Since you're checking this thread, perhaps you can answer my question posted above. How exactly is this legal?

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis

I would like this better if the car had smashed into a port-o-potty...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
mvanco wrote:Have you ever watched the series??? After all the tardis went through you think a hit from a delorian would even make the dent it did??

I recall at one point the Tardis was scattered all over the place in pieces. So..yeah, it might look damaged.

I can hear the Doctor: "McFly!"

concertFreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages concertFreak

Oi! Mosh good!! want!!!!

KarenClark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark

Ok, I don't like the heather grey -- but I have to have this shirt. I'll get it for 15 tomorrow. Someone toss over the friend link so I can have it, please.

KarenClark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark
rottndachs wrote:You would be surprised at the number of Yanks who do get the DOCTOR Who reference. In fact there are many of us WHO get it enough to have already seen the 2 new episodes, both of which have not been released in the US.
But you know how it is? You put things off for a day and it's a 100 years later.

I'm pretty sure 99% of American Doctor Who fans have seen those episodes. Gotta get our Tennant.

Jokercard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jokercard
Josephus wrote:I recall at one point the Tardis was scattered all over the place in pieces. So..yeah, it might look damaged.

I can hear the Doctor: "McFly!"

I think this happened at the end of the Mind Robber during the Troughton era, where the Tardis explodes into pieces and magically pieces itself back together at the beginning episode of the Invasion story.

legoengineer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legoengineer
superpope wrote:This shirt is unrealistic. Everyone knows the Tardis is impervious to physical damage...especially from a stainless steel car moving at 88 mph. ;)

Don't you remember the Christmas special when the Titanic crashed into the control room??

bonnieomara131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonnieomara131

got one just before they sold out! nice shirt!! i really like it!!

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
thesamurai wrote:GUYS. Heather gray = FA!L

As it turns out, Heather gray + good design = quick sellout.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

this is great, love heather gray too...man this sold out quickly

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

devzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages devzero
Size: WS, WM, WL, WXL, S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, K4, K6, K8, K10, K12

What, no K9?

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko

Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you!! I saw this last night, and decided to wait til morning to get it, and now I wish I hadn't waited!

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

martian423

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martian423

If the color was better, I too might've been in for more than the one I got. Of course, although I love black, the designer really couldn't have put it on black since then the tread marks would've disappeared, as well as a few other bits.

Meanwhile, I am yet another American female who loves Dr. Who and Torchwood.

In October 2008, I was a speaker at a con in Washington, D.C., that had a strong Dr. Who and Torchwood presence -- from panels, lectures, other content and games about the shows; AND Dr. Who/Torchwood references, ideas, comments and more in all sorts of other panels, lectures and game times; AND all sort of Dr. Who/Torchwood books and other materials and items for sale.

After that con, me and my better half went right off to England and Wales to speak at another conference. This afforded us the opportunity to do the right (and obvious) thing: Stand in the Torchwood fountain, right where Captain Jack blew out Suzie Costello's brains.

danbross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbross

Ooooh! I bet Doc Brown is going to be pissed! Biff is laughing his ass off now!

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper
Stealthgyro wrote:should of been the telephone booth from bill & ted

Ditto.

Bill & Ted > Dr. Who

jthurstenson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthurstenson

Do you have to be from the UK for this shirt to be funny?

kittykat2305

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittykat2305

Aww man I really wanted this one but I didn't have the cash and my mum woke me and said I can get it for my birthday and it's sold out!! Now i costs more! OK I am done whining but man I really love this Gigli (2003) I had found the design on threadless a long time ago and had been eyeing it.

Ransdell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ransdell

I did not get up early enough. This shirt ROCKS... and is sold out. :-(

Nightmry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nightmry
gambit410 wrote:Please please please re-release this shirt somewhere!!!

It will be for sale tommorrow for $15.

jessicaf06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicaf06

Bummed I missed this one. I just watched this movie yesterday ~ it was on cable! Such a classic!!!

TaraWheeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TaraWheeler

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.

I so hope this shirt is available tomorrow.

As someone who actually owns a TARDIS/Police Box I'm always looking for t-shirts with a TARDIS theme.

http://tardis-tara.livejournal.com/

I can't believe I missed it!!!

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Awww guppy. I knew that it would sell out. Oh well. I have a few too many shirts as is.

woot! should restrict first time wooters from getting the infamous Bustin' out chainsaws.

Jokercard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jokercard

Will wear this shirt at next years NYCC.
I was there this year and there was a huge line for the Torchwood panel.

And Doctor Who > Bill and Ted

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe
ueberRegenbogen wrote:
... i'm now envisioning The TARDIS and the phone booth facing each other with The Doctor and B&T coming out with surprised expressions. :P

...and between them is the port-a-potty they were all headed for!

NotGoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NotGoddess
martian423 wrote:
After that con, me and my better half went right off to England and Wales to speak at another conference. This afforded us the opportunity to do the right (and obvious) thing: Stand in the Torchwood fountain, right where Captain Jack blew out Suzie Costello's brains.

I just want to stand on the spot where the TARDIS landed at Millenium Centre and see how people walk by before someone comments ;) Perception filter.

Hektikshok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hektikshok

they should have had it be the Bill and Ted phone booth.

gambit410

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit410

Thanks!!

CyanRook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CyanRook

Sold out at &:30 this morning?! NO! I need to wake up earlier!! Doctor Who vs. Doc & Marty McFly? Who could ask for more? Actually, I could ask for more T-shirts, I unfortuanetly missed out on this one.

Ivyann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ivyann

Oh, I totally want this shirt, but it is sold out. Any chance they'll get/sell more?!!!!
Please!!!!!!!!

H2ORip

quality posts: 1 Private Messages H2ORip

Love the design, not digging the color. Still shame its sold out already Props to the artist.