JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Cycospaz2 wrote:Do they know that if they both move forward one space one of them will have to go back to start?



Is this a precursor for the dance week? I see Paula Abdul's "... 2 Steps Forward, ... 2 Steps Back" bit from 'Opposites Attract' in this shirt now.

brieanna


quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna
pianolin717 wrote:actually, if you give them a bunch of real roses with one fake rose and you tell them you will love them 'til the last flower dies, then they will forgive you forever... now THAT is a proven fact. Fact, I tell ya!



sneaky sneaky.

I like my signature.

AKrotkov


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AKrotkov
auggie24 wrote:Why is it always the male 'piece' that is apologizing with flowers. Why couldn't it be the female 'piece' apologizing with a nice big fat t-bone?

Woot promoting sexism, that's what this all boils down to. Shame on you woot!



Why do you immediately assume that the blue piece is the male one and the red piece is female! You're the one implying gender roles here, not woot!

mllemeranii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
prateeko wrote:If you've been with a women than you'll know the correct apology flower is roses.

Lots of them. The bigger/more expensive the closer you get to being forgiven. Fact.



Er, except some girls don't like flowers.

*points at self*

mllemeranii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
pianolin717 wrote:actually, if you give them a bunch of real roses with one fake rose and you tell them you will love them 'til the last flower dies, then they will forgive you forever... now THAT is a proven fact. Fact, I tell ya!



You got that from a cosmo magazine!

chris12345


quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
pianolin717 wrote:actually, if you give them a bunch of real roses with one fake rose and you tell them you will love them 'til the last flower dies, then they will forgive you forever... now THAT is a proven fact. Fact, I tell ya!



Cheesy but brilliant.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

KaylaJ


quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
pianolin717 wrote:actually, if you give them a bunch of real roses with one fake rose and you tell them you will love them 'til the last flower dies, then they will forgive you forever... now THAT is a proven fact. Fact, I tell ya!



what happens if your house burns down with the fake rose? will he quit loving me then!?!

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
eHalcyon wrote:Actually, I believe the correct flower for an apology is rue, which stands for regret in floriography. Then again, I don't really know much about the language of flowers; internet sources vary wildly. I'm going with Wikipedia right now.

Does anybody know a definitive source? I always wanted to learn floriography to aid in creative writing...




Sweetie, step away from the computer and go out and get a real girlfriend. You will learn fast.

matty1124


quality posts: 2 Private Messages matty1124

ahhh i love heather grey... but i cant get another shirt for a while...

bpr2


quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

I thought this was a blind date shirt.

The blue piece saw the red piece, threw the flowers at the red piece, and is now running away.

that was fun while it lasted!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
snarkygal wrote:Sweetie, step away from the computer and go out and get a real girlfriend. You will learn fast.



How about this - roses not because I'm sorry, but just because.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
JadenKale wrote:Trust me, diamonds are only good for hocking these days... I wouldn't waste money on jewelry when it could be used for something more enjoyable. Flowers are already dead and their 'fresh date' is such that they would be a constant reminder of how quickly people forget what they've done wrong, only to do it again... you know, like in a week. Nah... I'll take a shirt, please.



Are you serious? You would rather have a shirt over jewelry? Duuuuuude...you are seriously twisted. The recession is not going to last forever.

soldoutd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soldoutd

Certainly looks different

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
eHalcyon wrote:How about this - roses not because I'm sorry, but just because.



That is always a nice gesture :-) But if you messed up, you still need to apologize. An apology from the heart doesn't always need a gift attached.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mllemeranii wrote:Er, except some girls don't like flowers.

*points at self*



I like flowers, but I don't like having to clean up after cut flowers and I tend to either over or under water potted plants. Not worth the effort.

and the fake flower is cheesy.


Actually, dried flowers aren't so bad. I've dried small flowers and pressed them in books before. but there's only so many of those you can have before it's just overkill as well. And not exactly the same thing, but I have a dried leaf that was painted with the virgin Mary on it (got it as a gift from a nun when she went away to Africa, since I was her favorite in elementary school.) That's actually a really nice, intricate hand-painted piece.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
snarkygal wrote:That is always a nice gesture :-) But if you messed up, you still need to apologize. An apology from the heart doesn't always need a gift attached.



Hey hey hey there hippie. We raise nothing but materialistic women here in the good ol' US of A.

**ducks**

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

brieanna


quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna
JadenKale wrote:I like flowers, but I don't like having to clean up after cut flowers and I tend to either over or under water potted plants. Not worth the effort.

and the fake flower is cheesy.


Actually, dried flowers aren't so bad. I've dried small flowers and pressed them in books before. but there's only so many of those you can have before it's just overkill as well. And not exactly the same thing, but I have a dried leaf that was painted with the virgin Mary on it (got it as a gift from a nun when she went away to Africa, since I was her favorite in elementary school.) That's actually a really nice, intricate hand-painted piece.



How about flowers dipped in wax? No pressing and no mess as long as you don't put them on a window sill.

I like my signature.

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
JadenKale wrote:I like flowers, but I don't like having to clean up after cut flowers and I tend to either over or under water potted plants. Not worth the effort.

and the fake flower is cheesy.


Actually, dried flowers aren't so bad. I've dried small flowers and pressed them in books before. but there's only so many of those you can have before it's just overkill as well. And not exactly the same thing, but I have a dried leaf that was painted with the virgin Mary on it (got it as a gift from a nun when she went away to Africa, since I was her favorite in elementary school.) That's actually a really nice, intricate hand-painted piece.



I supposed actually learning how to take care of plants is out of the question? Having potted plants in the home is good for you also.

chade2001


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
prateeko wrote:If you've been with a women than you'll know the correct apology flower is roses.

Lots of them. The bigger/more expensive the closer you get to being forgiven. Fact.



if you've been with women, you'll know not to piss them off in the first place. saves you from buying that really expensive ginormous rose flower bouquet of yours. kachaw!

gone!

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
kylemittskus wrote:Hey hey hey there hippie. We raise nothing but materialistic women here in the good ol' US of A.

**ducks**



I'm as materialistic as most, but not EVERYTHING needs a gift. But I do still believe diamonds are a girls best friend :D

*note to Kylemittskus ...I've got my eyes on you...you will get yours *snort*

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
snarkygal wrote:I supposed actually learning how to take care of plants is out of the question? Having potted plants in the home is good for you also.



Oh you did not just tell me I need to take up horticulture, did you? Plants are not my cup of tea. I don't like to plant them, I don't like to tend to them and they can't tell me until it's too late that I haven't taken care of them properly. And since they're all different in their care, I don't want to expend that kind of time. I really find no relaxation in taking care of plants in my home. And anyway, with a cat that seems to chew any plant when brought into the house, I'd rather not attempt to kill her.

pianolin717


quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717
snarkygal wrote:I supposed actually learning how to take care of plants is out of the question? Having potted plants in the home is good for you also.



Also, according to Music and Lyrics, its a turn on for women to have potted plants.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
brieanna wrote:How about flowers dipped in wax? No pressing and no mess as long as you don't put them on a window sill.



hmmm you still run the risk of having too many over the course of time.


A friend made me a suede rosette one time. I keep that around, but only because it's unusual and I've not seen anything quite like it.


And it's purple, which is always cool.

mllemeranii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
snarkygal wrote:I'm as materialistic as most, but not EVERYTHING needs a gift. But I do still believe diamonds are a girls best friend :D

*note to Kylemittskus ...I've got my eyes on you...you will get yours *snort*



Diamonds are way too expensive. They're a status symbol more than anything truly meaningful.

doober187


quality posts: 0 Private Messages doober187

awesome, in for 1...but...

it woulda liked it better like this...

FRAKKIN' GORRAMMIT!!!

auggie24


quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
AKrotkov wrote:Why do you immediately assume that the blue piece is the male one and the red piece is female! You're the one implying gender roles here, not woot!



Me? I'll never let my manly son play with Barbie dolls! Never!

(J/K - although I have no idea what he finds fascinating about them. I always have been partial to building large structures of blocks then pretending to be Godzilla, personally.)

kritterbush


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kritterbush
mllemeranii wrote:Er, except some girls don't like flowers.

*points at self*



I second this self-pointing statement.

It's the recession: Buy the shirt, apologize with humor, and if she doesn't go for it, you just saved yourself a lot of pain and money.

After all, if the girl *needs* diamonds and flowers to stick around, they're after your wallet, not you.

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
snarkygal wrote:Sweetie, step away from the computer and go out and get a real girlfriend. You will learn fast.



Darlin', go out and get yourself a real man... then you'll know: MEN NEVER LEARN! :-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
doober187 wrote:awesome, in for 1...but...

it woulda liked it better like this...




Woot! Another BSG + Firefly fan! :-D

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

vickythefish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vickythefish

Why are we all assuming that the blue piece is a boy and the red is a girl. So stereotypical. I just want to point out that if you say it is sexist to have the male giving flower to the female then it is just as sexist to assume blue means boy...

lol just thought I would point that out. :-)

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

Flowers? Diamonds? My boyfriend biked six miles in the rain to bring me fried chicken today. That is love.

Carpe shirtem!

SwanShadow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SwanShadow

These shirts should be a huge hit in Australia. May 26 is National Sorry Day there.

mllemeranii


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
iris420 wrote:Flowers? Diamonds? My boyfriend biked six miles in the rain to bring me fried chicken today. That is love.



Dude. That is win x 10.

My bf in high school drifted away from his pizza delivery route to bring me a pizza with pepperonis in the shape of a heart.

Ryfiel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel
eHalcyon wrote:Oh my, I hope he doesn't get in Trouble.

*cough*



The breadsticks need marinara!
it's blatantly referring to this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorry!_(game)
not that!

I thought the name gave it away...

plim809


quality posts: 6 Private Messages plim809

only losers buy roses to apologize. be a man say you're sorry and get over it assuming it's the guy's fault. if the girl wants more than that.. show her the door and kick her out. no time for treating her like a baby

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Needlessly profane... again. (256h)
You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Useless posts. (72h)
Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 256 and 72 hours and then try posting again.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik



well, this shirt is false, untrue, and definitely continues to spread egregious misinformation.

Because, you see, love means never having to say "Sorry".



cleothemuse


quality posts: 4 Private Messages cleothemuse

*squeals in delight*

This was my FAVORITE game as a kid! And no, I was NEVER "sorry" when I bumped someone else out of my way ;)

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I played a lot of Sorry as a kid, and I think that's why I dig this shirt. However, my new motto on t-shirts is "Just say no!" Grr...

keepingitswain


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keepingitswain

I used to love this game, played board games all the time growing up. In for 2, one for me and one for my brother. He's actually on a mission trip to Haiti right now, so it'll be one of the surprise woot tees when he gets back. And no, we won't wear them on the same days. Okay, maybe, but we're in different cities, so it doesn't matter.

Bought:

Xenora


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xenora
JadenKale wrote:Trust me, diamonds are only good for hocking these days... I wouldn't waste money on jewelry when it could be used for something more enjoyable. Flowers are already dead and their 'fresh date' is such that they would be a constant reminder of how quickly people forget what they've done wrong, only to do it again... you know, like in a week. Nah... I'll take a shirt, please.



*Gives JK a "Yay, Broccoli" shirt*

And I'll be happy to chip in "I Am The Internet" as well when I'm really sorry.

My woot! purchases: The Original Blue Hedgehog; To The Top in the Style of Da Vinci; Deforestation; The Owliminator; Yeti & Robot; Electronica (The holy grail of all shirts... THE SYNTH SHIRT! Wahoo! ^.^)
...and 1 Random. (I hope Woot! doesn't pull another Random Roulette on me for a long time; I need to hang on to my money!)

If there are any repeat posts, blame my stupid computer!