1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ShirtsonSale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShirtsonSale

*My ticket into the Shirts on Sale Sad Rat Race

Did you buy this shirt and want to share your lovely mug with the world? Help keep it alive by submitting your pic here.

Maintained by Shirts on Sale -- Home of the best t-shirt coupons and sales!

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp

AHHHHHH! It's a camouflaged koi with a communist Chinese Star on its head. We're all doomed!!

firstshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firstshadow

The thumbnail makes me think that the tail is another fish... O_o

CroKevi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CroKevi

is that a crown atop the fish equivalent of a brow? even if it is not, I'm inclined to swear fealty!

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

is that a pentagram on the forehead?

that was fun while it lasted!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

so what does the kanji behind the fish actually say?

hijimmy5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hijimmy5

Does this carp come in a bag?

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

i think i want to watch the movie alien all of a sudden

mitchellp

I like that the fish has a racing stripe.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

The bloody gabakana reads "No Bag Of Carp for you!"

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

KSPYKayte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KSPYKayte

I'm confused...what does kanji, a camo-fish, and a white circle with a crown have to do with each other?

Mclargehuge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mclargehuge

This is the most pointless shirt ever made.

jayep3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayep3

I like the design but not the placement on the shirt.

ckeilah

Carpe Shirtum!

inirini

quality posts: 2 Private Messages inirini

It's cute, and it's not a black shirt, and I like koi fishies.

Hmm. -thinks on it-

I would, however, like to know what the kanji says. Maybe simply 'koi' or a 'fish'. Actually, I know the kanji for fish. -examines- No, it's not a fish kanji.

The writing doesn't make any sense at all.

Seventeen shirts and counting

ckeilah

ckeilah wrote:

Carpe Shirtum!

The six fish told me I must buy woot shirt. Six fish can't be wong!

Liszt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Liszt

I like how the first sucker managed to get a shirt 1 second before it went up... that's pretty durn fast.

:-)

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

I like how the script says "h.aha, you can't read this"

that was fun while it lasted!

mujun

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mujun

Gee, what would look more idiotic - wearing kanji that says the wrong thing or wearing something that isn't even kanji?

Answer: Either one.

No, thanks.

shutts67

quality posts: 19 Private Messages shutts67
KSPYKayte wrote:I'm confused...what does kanji, a camo-fish, and a white circle with a crown have to do with each other?

If I am not mistaken (which is quite possible), there is an ancient tale that says that Japan is built on the back of a giant koi.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

chicken32678

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chicken32678

Wow, being from Kansas...I see a camo fish with a Heineken beer star on it's forehead and a Budweiser crown behind it. Maybe the kanji says something about redneck?!

mitchellp

KSPYKayte wrote:I'm confused...what does kanji, a camo-fish, and a white circle with a crown have to do with each other?

I don't know sounds like the beginning of a joke.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

You forgot the Japoreanese Canto-Kanji symbol that he got out of a tattoo book (Page E47).

hanzismatters.com

ladynightshade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladynightshade

At first I thought this was some sort of bizarre water lizard.

I saw the fish tail as a head....

I guess the actual image makes just as little sense as what I first saw. Oh well, I'm sure it will sell, just not to me.

mudkiep

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudkiep

all i have to say is, what the..

pbwingman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pbwingman
aoviss wrote:You forgot the Japoreanese Canto-Kanji symbol that he got out of a tattoo book (Page E47).

hanzismatters.com

Drop the extra s and you make it there.
It's actually really funny(or sad) to see what people get permanently embedded in their skin...
http://www.hanzismatter.com/

tylerthorsted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylerthorsted

You see a lot of chinese/kanji shirts out there these days. Most are pretty dull. "Love" "Happiness" Peace". I wouldn't wear phrases like that on my shirt in english.

Check out these guys: www.whitetigertees.com

UlygebL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UlygebL

nicely designed shirt except for the communist star. I'm not going to advertise a political system which I think should be roundly condemned whenever the opportunity arises... communism is for the birds...

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Blaine Fontana rocks my socks off! I want to be him. You guys need to check out his portfolio sites...he's an outstanding artist. I personally am really happy to see some graf style on Woot! Yes!

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m

i understand that most people are miffed by this design. judging by what i have seen in the derbies, this is quite far removed from most shirt.wooters comfort zone. but here is my take on it.

i looked at this shirt and i thought, "japanese graffiti"

that was just my initial reaction, but then i took a gander at the artists profile and pieces. holy carp! this guy is both talaneted and dope! most of his work is a mixture or organic textures, paint splatter and highly stylized characters. in otherwords: graff style. check out his shirts in his portfolio. for all those posters and submitters in the forums who think they know better, that is what grunge style is!

in all honesty, it doesnt matter what the kanji says because most of it is obscured.

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m

the crown is an artifact of graffiti culture. taggers who included a crown in their name proclaimed they were "all-city" or "kings" signifiying that they had pieces up in all 5 bouroughs of new york, which was, of course, the cradle of mordern graffiti.

this, i feel, is a take on japanese graffiti, which has grown quite prolific over the last few years.

the koi is a traditional japanese symbol, but the camo skin casts a contemporary and urban light on it

the kanji is another influence of japanese tagging as tags are often unreadable to the untrained eye. this one just happenes to be adorned with paint drips.

the white spot is a paint splatter, surrounded by black overspray. taggers would often lay down a base coat of a light color as a primer before painting an elaborate piece, or a "burner".

this shirt kind of speaks an exclusive language.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
ckeilah wrote:

Carpe Shirtum!

Indeed!

Carpe shirtem!

flibbityjibbet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flibbityjibbet

Is it just me, or does anyone else envision a chick wearing this shirt, and it looking like a horrible "plastic surgery" incident?

swhorl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages swhorl
jayep3 wrote:I like the design but not the placement on the shirt.

Same here. I really can't decide if I want it or not.

iloveengl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iloveengl
chicken32678 wrote:Wow, being from Kansas...I see a camo fish with a Heineken beer star on it's forehead and a Budweiser crown behind it. Maybe the kanji says something about redneck?!

This comment just made my day. Thank you.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:so what does the kanji behind the fish actually say?

Nothing. It's not kanji, just bits of them cobbled together to make a brush stroke pattern.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Pochacco1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Pochacco1

i like the design, color and style of the shirt, but in all asian culture, the "communist Chinese Star on its head" is a NO NO!.. why? well during the early times, millions of asian were kept like the jewels were keep in those type camps, and millions of families and kids were slaughtered, so if there wasn't a star on its head, i would of purchase 3. but i won't be buying this shirt as i don't want to show disgrace to the asian community.

So far Wooted.. $$$$$ too much :P

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:Nothing. It's not kanji, just bits of them cobbled together to make a brush stroke pattern.

Personally, I find that ridiculous. Either it should say something or don't put it there so everyone can ask you what the heck it says.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:Personally, I find that ridiculous. Either it should say something or don't put it there so everyone can ask you what the heck it says.

Well, is it better or worse than nonsense characters/kanji?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2